1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of the Day! Thread 3.5

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Worst would either be Hurricane Isabella or the ~40 inches of snow we got in Jan 2016

2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm glad to live in Britain, as the weather very rarely, if ever, gets life threatening. The only real worries have been the odd tornado here and there (which I've been fortunate to have never been near), the odd weak earthquake (which I've felt exactly 1, which caused no damage to where I was) and flooding due to excessive rain (and I'm not dumb enough to live in a floodable area).
    Over the last few years, we've also been having some extreme heat waves where our temperatures have, at times, exceeded the temperature in various parts in Southern Europe near the Med. This is something I've been affected by, but never to the extent of it being life-threatening.

We're a crappy little island, but at least we don't have the stupid weather some of you other guys get.

3. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Question for 10/3/2017: how's your 2017 going? Better then last year?

I mean we haven't blown eachother up yet so I think it's going great!

4. Email

Email reformed xd

PO Trainer Name:
    Email
    Debatable

5. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    yet

yeah, this year has been better for me than last year. I got a job. That's about it.

pokemonnerd and Joyverse like this.
  6. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Question for whatever day it is: Which one of you made the PNU channel private?

7. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Too many to name here tbh.

I have survived the 1999 Super Cyclone. I somehow always end up staying in tropical cities always getting affected by cyclones and neurotic monsoons so I guess it's all cool. But the 1999 Cyclone was pure devastation.

My 2017 is going pretty well as a matter of fact. Nothing bad has happened so far imo but going back to the past question; We're expecting a cyclone to hit my city. ;_;

PNU stills exists? >:V

8. Xdevo

Apparently the channel auth got reset as some point so one of:
    Owners: HSOWA, hurricane, hbc, kland, azumarill, greetbot, lucianvega, monefa

Q 10/4: What is your favorite board or tabletop game?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  9. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

What the hell is kland even doing there lol

10. HSOWA

HSOWA aqua Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

blame lucianvega

11. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Kland is omnipresent.

Favorite board game is probably Monopoly.

12. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

Qotd 10/13 - Thoughts on the upcoming Justice League/Thor: Ragnarok/Star Wars: The Last Jedi movies? What are you're expectations for them? How well do you think they will do?

Qotd 10/14 - If you've even keeping up with Dragon Ball Super anime, what did you think of the big fight between Goku & Jiren? Did it live up to the hype? Did it meet your expectations? Were you disappointed?

Qotd 10/15 - Super Mario Oddessy for the Nintendo Switch is almost upon us. What are you most looking forward too?

Qotd 10/16 - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon will be out next month. From what you've seen/read what are you most looking forward too? The enhanced storyline, New Z-moves, New locations, Using Pokémon that did not appear in the first Sun&Moon etc. Do you plan on getting them or will you be skipping them?

Qotd 10/17 - How will you be spending Halloween this year? Do you plan on dressing up? If so, what are you going as?

That's all =]

13. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
  14. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    10/13- I'm not very fan of Thor, but i'm waiting to see the movie so I can judge it properly

10/14- It was a good fight, animation was cool, Ultra instinct is interesting and I hope they continue in the same spirit for the rest of the tournament

10/15- I don't follow these games :c

10/16-100% buying ultra moon

10/17- I think i'll be taking some vacations because Paris is a bit boring and I need a little break from like stuff, so I won't be celebrating really Halloween, but I hope everyone has fun!

15. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Justice League, ehhhhhhh. DC films have been relatively poor.
    Ragnarok should be pretty good, I'm looking forward to it.
    Ep 8 is gonna be Star Wars, either hit or miss.
    They'll all do well though. The latter two are movies in established movie franchises, the former is superheroes.

not watching

The game, the Switch and other Switch games all being cheaper so I can actually fucking afford it.

I'll get them eventually. Post-game content is what I look forward to the most, considering the ~fuck all post-game content of SM.

Hallowe'en itself, I'm going to be in bed, as I'll be working the morning after. I also couldn't give a rats arse about it.
    The weekend just before, however, I'm working very, very late nights all weekend. Yay. I can't wait.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  16. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus

tbh im not a huge dc/marvel/star wars fan at all, but ill probably watch justice league because i like jason momoa too much

unfortunately i dont watch dbs

im too broke for a nintendo switch lol

neither do i have enough money for a ds but damn ill enjoy the new mons in ou

i dont celebrate halloween its fucking useless

17. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I think I'm finally starting to get tired of the superhero movies, but I am looking forward to Star Wars. The latest trailer makes it look like they're going to kill off some more characters, although with Carrie Fisher's passing, writing Leia out of the story somehow is probably better than doing more computer generated stuff.

I started watching Super shortly after they brought Freiza back to fight in the tournament, but I lost interest again because the pacing of Super might actually be slower than DBZ was.

I still haven't felt motivated to get a Switch, but Super Mario Odyssey looked interesting to me until I saw the trailer that was showcasing dress-up and photoshop stuff. All I really want is a 3D platformer. I might still consider getting it though if the Switch ever makes enough games that I want for me to justify getting one.

I'll probably be skipping them for the time being because it feels too soon for another Pokémon game, and what little I have seen of USUM looks like SM + DLC rather than new game.

I'll probably be working. I kinda would like to go to a costume party, but coming up with a good costume idea requires more effort than I'm willing to put into it right now.

Question of the Day Week: Oct 28
    What is the best (or worst) horror movie you've seen?

18. pokemonnerd

Questions I've omitted are either for games I'm not interested in or don't have the systems for (3DS got stolen...)

10/14: I love the Jiren fight. Largely because Goku didn't just gain a new level of power and immediately wipe the floor with a villain (like what happened with Cell too) and that Jiren didn't just finish him while defeating him as well. The end of the fight shows that he can definitely pull off a win convincingly if he can get back to that form without blowing himself up with a Spirit Bomb, and puts Goku out of commission for an actual good reason so other characters can get screen time without contrived reasons. Plus this probably won't be as pointless as the goku black arc which is always great.

10/17: Staying in my house playing video games like most days, don't feel like spending money to give out candy and I don't feel like creeping around town in a costume at 25. I might go to one of the halloween parties at the college dorms though.

Question for 10/27: Think of what you wanted to do 10 years ago. How realistic is it for you to do that same thing now?

Edit: Mine's for the 27th so it's not ninja'd btw

19. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    10 years ago i wanted to skip school

if i do that now, im screwing myself over

20. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    10 years ago i wanted to grow up

Fuck me man

Zoroark likes this.
  21. Xdevo

Questions of Q4 2017

What was your favorite game / movie / TV show / other form of media in 2017?

E.T. likes this.
  22. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Gonna go with Spotify personally

Hassin627 likes this.
  23. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    If spotify is an answer then i guess ill go with netflix

24. Xdevo

y'all are bad at answering questions

Hassin627 likes this.
  25. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    It’s a form of media though, you can send messages on it!

26. Xdevo

Its a form of media dissemination, like a Television set, the radio in your car, or the paper on which a book is printed.

From the context of the question, the answer would be (for this specific form of media dissemination) a song.

Edna likes this.
  27. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Then Wasted Years from Iron Maiden! n_n

28. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    Aight then, ric flair drip from offset & metro boomin was pretty lit

29. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    BREATH OF THE WILD

30. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I recently watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi, so I was hoping to put that for favorite movie, but no. I'm still recovering from the trauma of seeing Star Wars butchered before my eyes by Disney.

Ultra Sun is my favorite 2017 game that I've played, but I think it is also the only 2017 game that I've played. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯