1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SM UU] Fiery Hail ft. Aurora Veil [Peaked #30 on Showdown]

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Hazzy!, Aug 3, 2017.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Hazzy!

Hazzy! New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Fiery Hail
    [​IMG]
    stole this off google images lol

hey y'all, sun's surface/The Jolt here. this is a cool squad i made which got me decently high on the ladder [peaked #30]. this involves a hyper offensive approach and, instead of stacking up 'dem hazards, i got my man alolan ninetales setting up dat aurora veil fahm. basically, aurora veil is a ridiculous mechanism in UU. since the only viable weather setter in UU is hippowdon, alolan ninetales has no problem spamming freeze dry to kill it. keep in mind that aurora veil only works under hail! anyways, after setting up 'dat screen, i got my 5 other 'mons to hit my opponents hard while being tickled by an opponent's attacks.. and... yeah that pretty much sums it up lol. aight, now let's get to the team.

team building process:
    [​IMG]
    so yeah, i wanted to make a hyper offense team w/ ninetales-alola, bc of the fact that it can set up aurora veil. once it sets up aurora veil, my 5 other 'mons don't take much damage. aight, now for the other 5 mons.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    yeah so, to make use of the veil, i wanted to bring in 2 set-up sweepers. i decided to go with double dance cobalion and z-hypnosis xurkitree. one breaks physical walls, one breaks special walls. also, once after a speed boost and a tail glow, xurkitree is almost unstoppable. offensive cobalion is so underrated in this metagame, especially w/ a veil now protecting it. with the veil, cobalion has the opportunity to set up w/ SD+rock polish

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    originally, i threw in mega aerodactyl, because while building, i realized i didn't have a ground immunity. i used a hone claws m-aero with stone edge (boosted accuracy), EQ and aerial ace as a late-game sweeper.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    now, i needed to steamroll teams. i put in DD haxorus, as i realized that now that it has the aurora veil, it can get to +2 atk and +2 speed with ease. once i got to those boosts, stopping it was impossible.

i put in SD gliscor, after realizing that i didn't even have a ground type. SD gliscor is rlly good and, with veil up, it can tank special water attacks, get the boost, and hit like a truck.

bc i didn't have a spinner (i needed a spinner as defog would get rid of my veil) and all the spinners in UU would ruin my offensive momentum, it was rlly hard for m-aerodactyl to switch in without taking 75% (50%+25% from rocks). plus, m-aero wasn't hitting hard anyways, even after a hone claws boost. that's why i replaced my rocks weakness with m-blastoise. not only does m-blastoise hit ridiculously hard, but it's a reliable water resist with the ridiculous bulk behind veil. also, haxorus kept on dying easily. it was more frail than i thought, and the LO recoil kept costing me games. oh yeah, i was rlly weak to opposing xurkitree w/ Z-hypnosis. so i threw in scarf hydreigon to solve my problems.

proof of peak:

The Team

[​IMG]
    Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Aurora Veil
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Encore
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

yeah so... mvp of the team. fantastic 'mon. aurora veil is a fucking broken move in the UU metagame, and i love using it over and over again. basically, it's a move that, if you didn't read my intro paragraph, reduces the damage done to my pokemon for a certain number of turns. bc ninetales is holding light clay, it maximizes the number of turns in which the aurora veil lasts for, which is i believe 8 turns. 8 turns is enough for a 'mon to set up and sweep. plus, if the veil goes away and i have ninetales still alive, i can always get that 'mon back in on, let's say a lati's draco meteor, and set up another screen :))
    the EVs are quite standard: i want to outspeed as many opponents as possible, and i maximized my SpAtk so that i can hit hard with freeze-dry/HP fire. timid nature is preferred for the extra speed to outspeed LO infernape (which is very common fyi), so modest isn't recommended bc ninetales-alola isn't meant to be a sweeper. the IVs are set to 0 Atk so that the damage taken from foul play is minimized.
    aurora veil is the move that's set up so that my 5 other pokemon can set up/hit hard without taking much damage back. freeze-dry is preferred over blizzard because of the fact that it can hit bulky water types such as mega swampert for much more damage and it hits bulky grounds like hippowdon and gliscor very hard. encore is a brilliant move. i used hypnosis before, but because of its sucky accuracy, i stopped using it. what encore does is that, if a pokemon tries to body my entire team by setting up with, let's say dragon dance, and i see it coming, ninetales-alola can literally encore and forces it to keep clicking DD. by then, i can safely switch in one of my other 'mons and kill it. HP fire is preferred over moonblast because of switching steel types like forretress and a scizor switching in.

[​IMG]
    Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Tail Glow
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

this is the 'mon which bodied pokemonisfun xurkitree is a rlly broken 'mon. imagine if it had a base 100 speed. guaranteed OU quality. idk what the hell this monster's doing in UU. anyways, xurkitree is one of my main sweepers. here's the masterplan: go into xurkitree, click z-move, click Z-Hypnosis, pray to god that it hits, land it, and use tail glow and sweep. that's pretty much xurkitree's game plan. keep in mind that it can sponge a few hits. how? ninetales-alola's aurora veil, that's how. basically after a +1 speed boost and a +3 spatk boost, xurkitree is nearly unstoppable. its beast boost ability increases its spatk so maybe it doesn't even need to use tail glow to boost up. the EVs are... standard. i maximized speed so that i can outspeed anything below xurkitree's speed tier w/ timid nature and i maximized spatk so that xurkitree can dish out as much damage as possible. the IVs are set to 0 atk so that foul play's damage is minimized.
    hypnosis is mandatory on this set, or else why the hell would you be running psychium Z on xurkitree anyways? with z-hypnosis, xurkitree can put something to sleep, and get a speed boost WHICH IT DESPERATELY NEEDS TO SWEEP. tail glow is the 2nd slot, because why not take xurkitree's already uber-tier spatk up to insane levels? tbolt is obvious reliable STAB bc UU is filled with bulky waters, and HP ice is preferred over HP grass because it hits gliscor which is otherwise a threat to xurkitree. plus, the only water-ground type in the tier is like m-swampert i believe lol.

[​IMG]
    Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head

i love cobalion, yo. this 'mon squares up with weavile and fucking murders it, which is what my team desperately needs. the thing i love most about it is how underrated it is. when i go into cobalion, people expect a stealth rock defensive ass cobalion because my team doesn't have any other viable rock setter (other than gliscor lol) so they switch into a physical wall. but 10 seconds later, cobalion is at +2 attack and +2 speed. double dance cobalion and aurora veil ninetales-alola are a pair come true. basically with shuca berry and cobalion's pretty good bulk, alongside the aurora veil, an earthquake from a standard gliscor unboosted does about 19%. that's unreal. and with the veil up, it can tank another hit from EQ as it gains another SD boost. but yeah... that's pretty much cobalion's tactic. stay under the veil like a pussy, gain 'dem boosts and then sweep mid/late game.
    swords dance is essential as it can break through gliscor and other 'mons mid/late game. rock polish is more of a late game sweeper sort of thing, but basically with SD and rock polish, you have a shot at using them both at the same time bc of the aurora veil making cobalion tank hits. close combat is a very hard hitting STAB and iron head is a nice STAB move with a possibility of flinching. the EVs are ofc standard double dance cobalion: maximized attack for max damage, max speed to speed tie with LO infernape and CB terrakion.

[​IMG]
    Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere

it's blastoise! mega edition blastoise! only available for the entire match because this thing never fucking dies under aurora veil and when it does, it already took down 3-4 'mons thanks to its ridiculous ability Mega Launcher and special attack! i'm not shitting u, mega blastoise is that good. it's bulky, i have all moves on it which is boosted by mega launcher, and its coverage is just fucking fantastic. the only thing that can truly wall it are blissey and florges. oh yeah, blastoise provides spin support just in case ppl decide to spam spikes on forretress.
    the thing i enjoy about blastoise is the fact that it's the most reliable spinner in the entire game. most, if not all, spinners in UU can't do anything back at a spinblocker. the premier spinblocker in UU is ofc chandelure and besides energy ball which does 50% under aurora veil, what can chandy do back to m-blastoise without being demolished by a water pulse/dark pulse? the EVs are selected from the pokemon showdown simulator bc i didn't like the EVs smogon posted bc i wanted blastoise to maximize its spatk while retaining a lot of bulk. modest nature is preferred over any nature because it makes blastoise's spatk skyrocket and can pretty much demolish anything that's in its path. also, IVs are set to 0 atk bc of foul play damage.
    yeah so, rapid spin is essential. all hyper offense teams need some sort of spin support, or theyre gonna get spikes spammed or get annoyed by stealth rock damage. water pulse is preferred over scald and hydro pump bc water pulse gets boosted by mega launcher, has the confusion chance, and hydro pump just fucking misses for me all the time. 90+ accuracy my ass. dark pulse is for hitting latias and celebi very hard on the switch, and aura sphere are for bulky steel and dark types.

[​IMG]
    Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn

uhhh yeah because of the fact that i realized opposing z-hypnosis xurkitree was going to eat me from the inside out, i chose scarf hydreigon. i didn't choose the brutal pokemon just for that. it's bc it's just a fantastic revenge killer. if any 'mon attempts to set up, hydreigon's fantastic coverage will always be there to revenge kill it!! oh yeah, it provides me a shit ton of momentum with u-turn. also, it gives me a backup plan for opposing latias. not bad for a 'mon which looks like nightmare material.
    anyways, draco meteor hits incredibly.fucking.hard. it OHKOs lati, OHKOs xurkitree, OHKOs pretty much anything that doesn't resist draco/blissey. fire blast is there for pesky steel types like forretress and scizor. dark pulse is a fantastic STAB with a chance to flinch. U-Turn is there for a momentum gaining opportunity. the EVs are maxed out so that i can outspeed scarfers below hydreigon's speed tier and i can hit very hard too. timid nature is preferred to outspeed modest scarf hydreigon.

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    - Facade

oooooooooooook now here's ground immunity #2, gliscor. this gliscor set is literally godly. everyone expects some shit defensive ass gliscor and then go into their suicune thinking everything's gonna be fine. oh no no no. under aurora veil and the EVs, gliscor takes ~30% from an unboosted scald, while it sets up with SD in its face. once its at low health, its speed EVs allow it to outspeed and roost, along with poison heal which is honestly the best ability i've ever seen. and yeah... it keeps roosting and boosting. gliscor is especially great at late-game sweeping when the only things left are walls. gliscor is, i guess you can say, a wallbreaker.
    SD is ofc mandatory bc it boosts gliscors mediocre attack to pretty good levels. roost is there to heal gliscor up after its at like 30%. keep in mind that with the speed EVs and jolly nature, it outspeeds most things in the UU tier. EQ is mandatory STAB and hits steel types/anything that doesn't resist it quite hard. i chose facade over ice fang primarily bc facade is boosted by the toxic status on gliscor and also bc it hits opposing gliscor quite hard. also, ice fang misses a hella bunch for me. but if u have problems with bulky grounds while using this team (which u shouldn't bc u have blastoise, ninetales-alola and hydreigon on this team), then u can go ahead and switch facade to ice fang.

Conclusion

this team is fantastic if utilized properly (no shit). the only problems this team faces are possibly opposing xurkitree once hydreigon is dead and very hard hitting water types like m-swampert. remember, the concept is to get aurora veil up ASAP. once u get aurora veil up, ur life will be so much easier on pokemon showdown lol trust. anyways, all jokes aside, i'll be pasting the importable to my team down below. oh yeah, i'll also post the threat list in detail a bit later in a reserved comment as well as some replays (if i can find them). thanks for reading!
    @JoyFrost is relieved not to see an arcanine on my team LOL jk
    @MetaMence only won bc of parahax :(((

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Timid Nature
    - Aurora Veil
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Encore
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Tail Glow
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Earthquake
    - Facade

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Edna and JoyFrost like this.
  2. JoyFrost

JoyFrost I wasn't built to break~ Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Lol, great job jolt :3

EvilDingoRobot and Hazzy! like this.
  3. MetaMence

MetaMence Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    MetaMence
    awful team

Joyverse, Hazzy! and DAVIDpwns like this.
  4. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

good thing xurkitree is banned on PO's UU

Joyverse and Hazzy! like this.
  5. Hazzy!

Hazzy! New Member

metamence ur a terrible player

--- Post updated ---
    ikr pokemonisfun should play on PO LOOOL

6. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    well i have an issue with your team since Xurk is banned on PO UU, maybe you should find a replacement for PO UU and keep the Xurk as an option for PS UU
    I don't want to lock the thread since Vail teams are interesting to keep for RMT but considering it's PO forums I can't say keep it that way

Otherwise cool team

Moderators: Edna, fsk