1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Download Failed

Discussion in 'Help' started by XENO, Aug 17, 2017.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. XENO

XENO New Member

So I tried downloading the latest installment of PO, ver. 2.7.21. The download window reads '0 bytes' with 'unknown time remaining,' until eventually it just says 'failed' and the PO setup.exe then disappears from my downloads folder on its own. Is there a bug in the new download link? Or doesn't PO work on XP anymore? I had PO about two or three years back and it worked then.

I didn't see any other threads like this, so I had to ask. I searched under 'download' and later 'Windows XP', the latter being 'too frequently used' to pull up any results. Alternatively, I thought of using the webclient, but it seems that when I click 'GEN,' the bar freezes before I can select anything, thus rendering it impossible for me to make a legal team.

Thanks in advance.

2. Zoroark

Zoroark Rakugaki Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Did you try to re-download? It seems to work perfectly fine on my end. And it is still compatible with Windows XP as far as I'm concerned.

3. XENO

XENO New Member

Oh yes, several times. Two days ago, yesterday, and then today (both morning and noon). I'm downloading it from Mozilla if that's any consolation, as other browsers, such as Google Chrome, no longer support XP.

I have plenty of free space on my computer, so I'm sure it's not a memory issue. Any ideas?

4. Zoroark

Zoroark Rakugaki Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Do you have any other device with a different OS? Even though PO is still compatible with XP I think the browsers are slowly not giving support to XP anymore which may be the cause. But this is me vaguely assuming.

5. XENO

XENO New Member

No, I don't have any other devices. Does anyone here still have XP? It would really help a lot.

6. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    I am not really sure how I can help in this case. All I know is the following: the link itself is valid and working, so there must be something wrong with either the way you download it, or your internet provider might be having issue with downloading files from github; and the PO installment or the program itself is working well on all windows versions later than XP, and XP included (based on my test on XP).

More on what can go wrong with your way of downloading the file, you might want to c/p the following address and visit the site manually on your mozilla firefox.

https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/releases/download/2.7.2.1/Pokemon-Online-2.7.2.1-Setup.exe

As long as your browser support downloading files from github, it should work.
    Or maybe try this back up link through dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxvm764sog15dfc/Pokemon-Online-2.7.2.1-Setup.exe?dl=0

If both links doesn't really work for you, it must have been either your browser does not support downloading from github (in which case you should upgrade to the latest version that is compatible with XP, which can be found by googling "Firefox 37.0.2") or your internet provider is blocking certain sites from working and you should consult them to resolve the issues.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    XENO and Zoroark like this.
  7. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    To be honest I doubt many people are using Windows XP nowadays.

8. XENO

XENO New Member

Ah, I got it working now. I c/p it on AOL (of all places) and the download worked instantly. Turns out Mozilla was to blame... not sure why. The download just wouldn't work on it. Mozilla's always crapping out, though, so it's understandable.

Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it.

fsk and Zoroark like this.
Moderators: E.T., Zoroark