1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Interview: Zoroark

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Sep 5, 2017.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Player Interview! This edition features @Zoroark! Zoroark has been a Server Moderator for Pokémon Online for quite some time, and he moderates the Help subforum as well. Without further ado, let's begin the interview!

1. How did you get introduced to Pokémon?

Zoroark:
    I used to watch the Pokémon Anime when I was a kid. I really liked it, and I used to spend hours watching episode after episode. One day my brother bought a copy of Pokémon Red in German, (for some reason...) and I started watching him play. Soon enough he got a Yellow version, which I borrowed from him, and that was the first Pokémon game I ever played. From there on, I found the game quite interesting, and I ended up loving it.

2. How did you get introduced to PO?

Zoroark: I think the first time I saw the word "Pokémon Online" was when I was an active Gen 4 player who was getting used to competitive battling. I used to get in channels and chats looking for people to battle in my HeartGold version, but then I saw this YouTube channel description that said "Pokémon Online! Who needs Wi-Fi?" which awakened my curiosity. I searched on Google and found it, and from there on, my adventure began.

3. What kinds of things does a Server Moderator do? How long have you been a Server Moderator?

Zoroark: Server Moderator duties often involve keeping the chat safe and under control, engaging in productive and entertaining chat topics, punishing troublesome and/or bad users, and helping players to solve any issue or answer any question they have.

Zoroark: If I am not wrong, I have been a moderator since 2014 (though during that time I resigned a couple of times due to health and studies issues).

4. What is one of the silliest reasons that you've had to mute or ban someone?

Zoroark: Muting someone because they requested it—I refused to, they persisted, and well, I made their dream come true. :)

5. What are some of your most memorable moments on the server?

Zoroark: Well it may be a little bit obvious, but it was the day I got promoted to moderator—not gonna lie, it was a very satisfying feeling and a bit of a suprise because I really didn't expect myself nor foresaw me being one at all.

6. What are you thoughts on the Server Games?

Zoroark: Server Games are pretty nice. I love most of them, but the one I love the most is clearly Hangman, and it's the one I've contributed to the most. It's quite a fun and entertaining game. I think Server Games are a great tool to keep users distracted and also serve as an alternative for those who aren't that focused solely on competitive battle and want to find something else to do, except Tournaments since that one is mostly competitive, but there are also fun tier tours just for giggles. Trivia is pretty nice, but I wasn't there for long because I wasn't really fast nor skilled with some questions, but it's very fun. I loved Mafia back in PO1. I really wish I could go back in time just to play that at least for 1 day.

7. What is it like to moderate the Help Forum? What kinds of guides are there?

Zoroark: Moderating the Help Forum is probably one of the things I love the most, since I really like to help other people by trying to find solutions for them or guiding them on how to learn to do something. Keeping things up to date there is quite important, since it serves as a database where new users can get to know Pokémon Online a bit better.

Zoroark: The Forum has several guides. Most of them are based on how to use the various clients in at least two different languages. There are other separated guides that explain certain things such as themes or server creation.

8. What is your favorite Pokémon and why is it your favorite? Same question for least favorite if you have one.

Zoroark: Heh, well I think almost everyone who knows me already knows the answer, but for those who don't know, my favorite Pokémon is Zoroark. The main reason is because I am a fox lover; foxes are my favorite species and Zoroark being one is a big plus. The design is impressive, and the long hair and the eye color look awesome. Also, when I saw the Zoroark movie, I fell in love with it because casting illusions with such art is one of those skills I like a lot—it reminds me of Itachi Uchiha, which is my favorite Naruto character, so both have a few things in common.

Zoroark: I don't think I have a "least" favorite Pokémon because there are so many Pokémon I don't like that is often hard to make a choice.

9. What are your thoughts on Generation 7?

Zoroark: I can't say Generation 7 is the generation I dislike the most, but I wasn't quite impressed with it since it removed a few things that were inherently classic for Pokémon, such as the Gyms. There were other things that I found sort of silly such as the inclusion of Alolan formes and the Z-Moves—most of those things just made a lot of Pokémon to become much more broken than they already were and got some things out of balance. I honestly wished they continued with the Mega Evolution concept (maybe with a less of a power creep). So generally speaking, I don't like Generation 7.

10. What is your favorite tier (including past generations)?

Zoroark: LU (Little Used) it has been my favorite tier ever since I started playing competitive. I think I began with BW LU, and from there on, it was my tier of choice.

11. Who are some former PO users whom you wish were still active?

Zoroark: Weavile, Jin of the Gale (although I sometimes see him on PS), OkamiBW, Insane Soul (pedro), Dr. Fuji, Raducan, ThePiggy, Heather Star, Ramiel, Stray Dog, Hoppie, Manish, modernman, Staller17, Valentino Rossi, Abdelrahman, and other people I probably don't remember right now.

12. Do you have anything else to say to our readers?

Zoroark: I would really like to give a big thanks and hugs to all the people who are still active on the server and some of whom are still willing to contribute despite Pokémon Online's current situation. People like you are my inspiration to stay as a Pokémon Online member as long as it's still possible for me time-wise. I dream that one day Pokémon Online will grow back, maybe not exactly the way it used to be (I can't ask for that much), but at least in a state that can be considerably better.

Thanks, Zoroark, for taking the time to be interviewed today! This edition of Player Interview is coming to an end, but there will be more to come. To nominate players to be interviewed, post here or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

Zoroark - For Being Interviewed
    E.T. - Questions, Grammar
    JoyFrost - Artist

Do you want to contribute to Articles too? Here's How to Become an Articles Contributor.

Edna, JoyFrost, Casparov and 5 others like this.
  2. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    1) Why are you so kawaii online?
    2) Why are not kawaii irl?
    3) What's your favourite Sabaton song?
    4) Top 5 Rock bands?
    5) Favourite pokemon move and it shouldn't be lewd.
    6) I LOVE YOU AND THIS ISN'T A QUESTION. You dabess bruh!

Zoroark likes this.
  3. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    owo. Well I try to be as friendly as possible with people both online and irl actually. But online-wise in particular I just behave that way so that I can distract myself of the problems I carry with on my day-by-day. If I were to display myself the way I actually am constantly then people wouldn't find me very like-able.

Imagine I act that way irl in a country like mine lmfao. I would probably cause the opposite effect on people.

I had no idea who these dudes were until I googled so...none o.o

1) Linkin Park
    2) DragonForce
    3) Nightwish
    And idk what else cause I don't listen to Rock Music very much.

I know I'm obivous but, Night Daze.

Love u too Jalebi ♥

4. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Dos cervezas por favor

Zoroark likes this.
  5. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Uh, dude, Night Witches(?)

6. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Tier Leader Tier Leader

PO Trainer Name: