1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Player Interview: Draciel

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Sep 9, 2017.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the next edition of Player Interview! This edition features @Draciel, the winner of the Pokémon Online Viability Tournament (POVT)! In the POVT, Pokémon are divided into tiers based on viability, and players must purchase these Pokémon to build teams. At first, only the lowest tiers are available, but as the tournament progresses, higher tiers become available. Without further ado, let’s begin the interview!

1. How did you first discover Pokémon?

Draciel:
    I used to watch Pokémon on TV when I was a kid; it was a big hype back then. I didn’t really have a clue about Pokémon games until one of my classmates told me how he played Pokémon ROMs on PC with Desmume. I got curious and decided to give it a go; I got so hooked that I spent my entire vacation playing Black 2, Black, Platinum, and HeartGold.

2. How did you first discover PO?

Draciel: I discovered PO on Softpedia in September 2013 while looking for something else entirely. By then, I was so hooked on playing the games that I was prone to clicking anything which had 'Pokémon' in its name.

3. During your time on PO, have there been any players that you’ve looked up to?

Draciel: When I joined PO I was totally new to the concept of competitive mons, so I started hanging out in the Tournaments channel to learn. Poliwrath says, bugzinator and Trademark were the best and most active players in tours at that time; I interacted with them and learned a lot.

4. How did it feel to win the POVT?

Draciel: It felt good. It would've felt better if my series vs snaga was cleaner, but that's the game we play.

5. What are some keys to being successful in the POVT?

Draciel: I'd say building a variety of teams is very important. Also, don't be afraid to try out unorthodox mons/sets because it catches your opponent off-guard.

6. Were there any moments during the tour when you thought you might lose?

Draciel: Not really, not before the finals at least. My series vs snaga was especially close, where I won the first game due to getting a very high roll on the penultimate turn, which turned out to be the deciding factor in the end.

7. At what point could you see yourself winning the tour?

Draciel: I expected myself to reach the Semi-Finals at least, and once I was there, winning was always a possibility.

8. Which part of the POVT was more fun: the early tiers or the later tiers? Which part was more challenging?

Draciel: Early tiers were much more fun to me. Best part of a tour like POVT is teambuilding, and in the early stages, you get the freedom to build around a variety of mons without worrying about getting destroyed by one of the standard high-tier threats.

Draciel: Later stages are more challenging to build as there are so many threats flying around it's almost impossible to cover everything within the points provided without making some compromises.

9. Were there any Pokémon that you consistently relied on throughout the tour, or did you try to use completely new Pokémon for each round?

Draciel: In a tour like POVT you are forced to build new teams up from scratch for every round; however, one mon I relied heavily on since Round 3 was Conkeldurr. It's a beast, and it was an absolute steal at 20 points.

10. Do you have anything else to say to our readers?

Draciel: Even if it was last year, I would've urged the readers to join forums and start contributing, but I'm not sure if it's of any use at this point. Still, if you have spare time and don't want the community to completely die, feel free to chip in. If you're wondering where to start, look no further than joining our official tours or posting in suspect discussions. Cheers!

Thanks, Draciel, for taking the time to tell us a bit about yourself, and congratulations on winning the POVT! This edition of Player Interview is coming to an end, but there will be more to come. To nominate players to be interviewed, post here or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

Draciel - For Being Interviewed
    E.T. - Questions, Grammar
    JoyFrost - Artist

Do you want to contribute to Articles too? Here's How to Become an Articles Contributor.

Edna, Jethalal, Joyverse and 2 others like this.
  2. JoyFrost

JoyFrost :thonk: Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Provide the most appropriate song below:
    • Song for me:
    • Song for your ex:
    • Song for your future gf:
    • Song for your enemy:
    • Song for your irl friends (if you have one):
    • Song for your po friends:
    • Song for yourself:

Edna and Draciel like this.
  3. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    Fill in the blanks:

Hassin is the r____ _____ jesus.
    Draciel is the f____ _____ jesus.

Draciel likes this.
  4. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Nub lel

Draciel likes this.
  5. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    1) Conkeldurr was cool. But was there any Pokemon that you didn't wish to use but had to?
    2) How's your studies going on? When are you becoming Dr. Draciel the Great?
    3) We're closing in on Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon. What's your opinion on the SM tiers so far?
    4) What's your plan for Durga Puja this month?

5) What did Zombie Viserion breathe out in your opinion?
    6) Jon Snow, Jon Stark or Aegon Targaryen???
    7) Sansa got much development in this season. Do you think Bran could have got more character development this season?

That's all! Have fun!

6. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    i literally despise u and make fun of u 24/7 but for some reason u still kiss my ass, why do i have so much power over u???

Duster likes this.
  7. Draciel

Draciel No Goodbyes

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I

no u

Tornadus in the later rounds, I don't really like it but prankster rain for 20 points was too good to give up on.

Studies are going on decently I guess, and in another couple of years hopefully.

The tiers are a mess as expected; SM was a mistake

I'll be coming home for a week so hanging out my friends mostly, and going out at nights. Should be fun n_n

It was fire, just blue in colour. Contrary to some popular belief among fans, he didn't become an Ice Dragon when he was raised from the dead; Ice Dragons were an entirely different breed of dragons found north of the Wall back during/before the age of the First Men and were actually much bigger than fire-breathing dragons. They have been extinct for some time now. Viserion did look really cool and deadly though so I'm excited to see what happens in future.

Jon Snow, forever and always.

Absolutely, the showrunners have really done a bad job about showing us Bran's character development since season 1. It's one of the bigger flaws of the show when compared to the books I'd say.

because i love u

8. ShowMeTheMankey

ShowMeTheMankey savage

do you think you have enough badges?

9. Draciel

Draciel No Goodbyes

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    manke<3
    I think I do now

ShowMeTheMankey likes this.
  10. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    im tired of looking at draciel

11. Z+V

Z+V Active Member

WHY DID YOU JOHN ME FOR 2 MONTHS

12. Exterais

Exterais New Member

Good interview, good post, bless bro!

13. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
Moderators: E.T.