1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Improved Guide to Safari

Discussion in 'Help' started by Olympia♡Pachirisu, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Olympia♡Pachirisu

Olympia♡Pachirisu I love Pachirisu

PO Trainer Name:
    Olympia
    When you start Safari, you can choose between Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Too select and start the Adventure, use /start (Starter) and then /tutorial, read through everything that gets said by Kanghaskan. Once finished you should have Two Pokémon in your Box. Write /box, if you chose Charmander you should see Totodile, if you chose Squirtle you will see Chikorita and if you chose Bulbasaur, you will see Cyndaquil. I wouldn't aim for a favorite of them, just pick the most useful of the Kanto Starters, which is Charmander by my Experience, the Johto Starter is preety Irrelevant.

A lot of People play Safari, which means a lot of help. make sure you follow the Rules, write /crules to see them. do /bait to lure Pokemon every 60-70 seconds. However a successful bait will result in a cooldown of 140-180 seconds. Buy Pokeballs in /buy. Seeming that the Great Ball can be as useful as the Ultra Ball, and that the Great Ball is cheaper, I would say its worth buying those from time to time. Also you will have daily Missions. Write /mission too see the valid Missions for this Day.

Now, a few more commands are /quest (shows available Quests) , /mydata ( shows all of your current Data ), more will be in /commands Safari. Start farming Pokémon with 460 Bst ( Base Stat Total ) and over. Use your Starter till you have caught 91 Pokémon which can be checked by simply writing /lb .

Participating in Contests is your chance to make a Full Box of Pokémon. One thing is so important. SAVE YOUR MONEY! Also don't be trying to catch legends with any Pokeballs other than Master Ball which will be affordable after earning 50k. You will get 1 Master Ball every 30 Days of Daily Login. If you don't come on one day the Daily Chain is reset to Day 1. And also Myth Balls which will be easily affordable, these are useful for catching Shiny Pokémon, same for Legendarys. Don't use Myth Balls unless your 4x Effective to a certain Pokémon. Only use Myth Balls on Shinys and Legendarys. Even with 4x I wouldn't trust it. 8x is a guarantee on 580Bst legends, and on some 600Bst Legends, but over those Bst Caps, it is unsure.

Save up Gbaits ( Golden Baits ), use /finder to find Big Mushrooms from time to time. Which has Info in The Mushroom + Gbait Guide. A regular bait has a cap of Luring up 580 Bst Pokémon, and a Golden Bait is up to 600Bst. Make sure you have an Master Ball if your hunting for Shinys or Legends. thank you very much for Reading this. Your dear Olympia.

2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Hi there. I appreciate your efforts in trying to make or improve a guide for Safari, and some of the content is good advice. However, this is your second thread on the same issue. Both of these threads have been in the incorrect subforum: As these guides are specific to the Safari game, they should be posted in the Safari subforum. This can be easily rectified and placed into the correct location.

Furthermore, a guide to Safari does already exist (the one by beforedawn). That guide is a semi-official guide in that it was edited by a member of Safari staff (Strudels), and contains a lot more content than both of your threads currently contain.

I would advise the following actions:
    1. Ask a member of forum authorirty (such as me) to move your guides over to the Safari subforum.
    2. Post suggestions on how to improve upon beforedawn's guide within his guide's thread.
    3. Create a new thread to compile ideas together for improving upon all current guides that exist, and creating a new guide that supercedes all previous guides.
    4. Ask your fellow Safari players to join in with offering improvements to the thread to ensure the guide is as good as can be.

That list is not exhaustive list, and there are other actions that can be taken to improve things further. Once a new-and-improved guide is made, maybe we can include it in the primary Index of Guides we have too?

I have to lock this topic due to you already having a topic open for an "improved guide to safari". Please continue any discussion in that topic for the time being, or create a new topic on the matter in the Safari subforum.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.