1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Magikarp Classic Tournament (Sign Ups)

Discussion in 'Safari' started by HBC, Dec 6, 2017.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby
  1. HBC

HBC Health, Beauty and Cosmetics!

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    [​IMG]
    Approved by @IceKirby
    Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Magikarp Classic Tournament! This fish got a mobile game, a song, now it gets a Safari tournament! In here you will give some use to usually useless Pokémon and find your way to victory! Here's what you need to know about the tournament:

Rules
    • Players must make a team of 6 Pokemons below 206bst (exception below)​
    • All matches must be Rotation battles.​
    • To add more variety to the teams, you are allowed to have ONE Pokémon with exactly 210bst.​
    • Species clause: you can’t have multiples Pokémons of the same species in your team.​
    • People can change their teams however they want during the tournament, as long as they follow the rules.​
    • If a player is caught using a team ineligible for this tournament his match must be restarted. If the same person does is caught twice doing it dq will occur and that person won’t get any rewards.​
    • Winners must post screenshots of their battles, one showing the starting teams and the other showing the number of pokémon still alive in the last round of the match and the ending showing the winner message. The post must be made in the thread itself. Don’t edit the image. Each screenshot must also show the 5 lines in the chat before and after each screenshot.​
    • People must show activity. If the opponent is inactive that person can post that in the respective thread and if after the deadline that person keeps being inactive then he gets the loss. In case both show inactivity both get the loss.​
    • People who show signs of bad sportsmanship will be punished via dq or prize cut-out if proved by other players.​
    • Sign-ups end 17th December and rounds last 1 week. Each round ends at a Sunday night and starts at a Monday morning (or afternoon at worst case scenario), not mattering if everyone finishes their battles earlier. All these periods are considering Lisbon/UK time zones.
    Format
    • Format will be similar to the soccer football’s UEFA Champions League. A number of 2^x groups will be formed (being x an integer non-negative number) with a balanced number of players in each, to avoid byes. Each person in a group stage will face each other twice in separate rounds, with each round consisting in just a single match.​
    • A win counts as 3 points, a loss as 1 point and activity loss as 0 points. If there's a tie, winner will be decided with the matchups occured between both players in the group stage, with also the number of Pokémons defeated in those two matches counting towards the maths. If both have beat each other 1x0 for example, the tie will be decided by overall Pokémons defeated in all matches. If a tie still persists, the two competitors will battle each other once to decide who gets in higher position. Same applies if the tie envolves more than 2 players.​
    • The top 2 guys of each group will move on to a single elimination bracket where the first guy to score 2 wins over the opponent moves on to the next round.​
    • Number of groups will be decided based on the number of players who joined and matchups will be decided with a rng tool.​
    Prizes
    • 1st place: Random non-legend shiny below 206bst (decided via rng tool) + 10 prize packs + 2 décor + 15 gbait + 3 big mushrooms​
    • 2nd place: 8 prize packs + 10 gbaits + 1 décor + 2 big mushroom​
    • 3rd place: 6 prize packs + 5 gbaits + 1 big mushroom​
    • Everyone also gets 1 Eviolite per win.​

Feel free to ask me stuff about the rules etc and I hope you guys have fun!

EDIT: Sort by Total to see all allowed Pokémons: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_stats_(Generation_VII-present)

EDIT 2: About the 5 line rule in the screenshots, here's an example of how that works here (taken from the Tower Sharpshooter event Rice did once). The finish message would be the part with the start of the match with the teams and the end the winning/losing message. IF YOUR SCREENSHOTS DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES YOU HAVE TO EITHER SHOW ANOTHER ONE OR REMATCH, OR YOU GET 1 POINT AKA A LOSS

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM
  2. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

dawn a go-go

3. Censor

Censor New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Censor
    In. :)

4. JoyFrost

JoyFrost :thonk: Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    I mean whats the point of starting a magikarp tournament if magikarp isn't a mandatory pokemon for your team :c

beforedawn likes this.
  5. Troller

Troller Lucky and Bad

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
  6. Python

Python Justice is myself. I am justice. Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    might as well

7. Atli

Atli Time just fades the pages in my book of memories Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    in

8. Olympia♡Pachirisu

Olympia♡Pachirisu I love Pachirisu

PO Trainer Name:
    Olympia
    In.

9. Khaloss

Khaloss New Member

Mibuchiha and me are in

10. Rodgerthat

Rodgerthat New Member

Im in but i aggree with @JoyFrost theres no magikarp mandatory i would have expected a full team of magikarp or something imo this event needs a name change

11. HBC

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    In real life there are plenty of competitions with the name of someone like Eusébio Cup and that doesn't mean the dude would be in playing. The idea is to have Pokémon in the same cathegory as the fish

12. Hurricane

Hurricane Ooooh colors Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
  13. tony starkk

tony starkk New Member

14. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

15. Tilon

Tilon New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Shiny Arceus
    Well, if my account is unlocked before 17th December, I'm in and not, I'm not

16. Tilon

Tilon New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Shiny Arceus
    Hi mattster u left safari?

17. ArctisZzZZzz

ArctisZzZZzz New Member

Im down I guess! I have a chance atleast cus of the luck involved xD

18. Olympia♡Pachirisu

Olympia♡Pachirisu I love Pachirisu

PO Trainer Name:
    Olympia
    sorry cant enter something came up, my in comment is now out,

19. aaditya01

aaditya01 Member

20. Ashrohith

Ashrohith New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Ashrohith
  21. MUMU

MUMU Just a random Haxer nOOb

22. HBC

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]HBC
    Check the EDIT 2 with more clarification about the screenshot thing.

So far if @Tilon can make it to the tour it will make it a tournament of 16 guys, which is the ideal number.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 5:58 PM
  23. Tilon

Tilon New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Shiny Arceus
    Ah @HBC I'm not in as I got no reply for my alt unlocked from Rice

24. Wolf

Wolf Member Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Wolf, Tea, Vulpix
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby