1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

PO has the best teambuilder

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by Ortheore, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Hi so I haven't been active here in ages, and haven't logged on for a while, but I still regularly use PO for teambuilding because I greatly prefer PO over PS in that regard. However, PO's still not perfect, and there are a bunch of things I would improve. Some are very minor, some are massive and totally unrealistic given the general level of activity (even if they were active some might be asking a lot), but I'm going to throw them in here anyway. So here are my suggestions:
    • Ability to automatically sync teams to PS. Don't know if this would even be possible, but I really think PO could exist as a complement to PS by being a better teambuilder, and this would be really useful
    • If the above is not possible, automatically copying the importable to the clipboard when saving a team would be cool. I'm aware this is literally saving only a few clicks, but I still feel like it would be useful
    • Being able to view more than 6 pokemon at a time in the teambuilder. One issue I sometimes encounter is I might be comparing two similar pokemon, usually looking at their movepools. The easiest way to do this is to use separate slots in the team, but if all those slots are full then I have to make a separate team just for the purpose of comparing pokemon. Obviously those extra slots wouldn't actually count as part of the team, they'd just be there to view
    • Ability to sort search results by stat. I think this one's self-explanatory.
    • Ability to download tiers and specify which tier a team is for. This would ideally filter out all pokemon not permitted in the tier and also set the default level. Note that I'm assuming that tiers would be downloaded in a format such that if a user had a custom format they could whip up a ruleset and distribute that to their friends. At the very least, allow us to set the default level of an added pokemon to 5 or 50, because having to change the level from 100 every time when building for LC/VGC so I can EV properly is irritating to the point where I don't consider PO to be usable when building for those formats.
    • Ability to save notes with a team. At present for all my serious teams I have an accompanying text file, outlining why I made certain choices and how to play the team. This is functionality that I think it would be ideal for a teambuilder to provide.
    • GUI elements for the box feature in teamslot tabs. I think the box feature is a really fkn cool idea, but I've literally never used it because it's just easier most of the time to create a set from scratch. I think this is a UI problem, stemming from the fact that it's in a separate tab and even when you're there I find it awkward. Maybe a little drop down menu in the teambuilder would work or a popup window or something idk. There's also the issue of manually storing sets. Ideally, the box would parse other teams in the folder the team is saved in and pull sets from there. One of the issues with that idea is readability, so maybe being able to name/tag sets would be cool?
    • GUI elements for the damage calc in the teambuilder. Again, just for usability, atm I simply don't use PO's damage calc. Also, having some standard sets that automatically load, and the ability to view multiple attacks at once. These are two of the biggest things that make Honkalculator so easy to use, and why I use it almost exclusively.
    • This one I know is asking too much, but it's still a really cool thing that'd be awesome to see implemented. Basically, it functions similarly to Honkalculator's one vs all/all vs one mode, but users are able to submit their own custom lists. They then calculate damage for a given pokemon against the entire meta, and you can then compare the results for different EV spreads to see what EV points are needed to hit significant KO points. This would be really useful where custom EV spreads are really important, such as in doubles formats
    I don't know if there's much point to these suggestions, since I'm aware dev activity is limited, I just wanted to put them out there.

Have a nice day and free Meowmix =]

Hurricane and DAVIDpwns like this.