1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Parties swapped... Bug or hacking attempt?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by Kurapika, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Kurapika

Kurapika Born to be a Troll

Aug 4, 2012
    I was playing a BF 6v6 battle when it seemed clear that I was winning it, my opponent went AFK for some time, when they came back, we swapped parties somehow.
    Despite the fact that my Mandibuzz was taking commands from me and foe Latios was taking commands from my opponent, the displayed text was acting innapropriately.
    The battle ended by me winning, but the displayed text was "Pinoxolo won the battle."

I contacted admin HSOWA and they checked the database; it was stating that I won the battle. So no real harm there!
    Now the question is: Was that some unidentified bug, or a lame hacking attempt?

It is worth to mention that:
    1st, neither me, and seemingly, nor my opponent had a disconnection during the battle.
    2nd, I was using the Webclient while my opponent was, seemingly, an Android user, according to their player info.

Client Type (ex. PC, Android, Webclient):

When did you first notice the bug?:
    During a battle

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?:

Information (include relevant logs, replays, screenshots):
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018