1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[POCL] Pokémon Online Champions League 2018 - Grand Finale [Won by Milan Bisharps]

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Joyverse, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast! Tournament Host Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    [​IMG]
    Thanks, @JoyFrost for the amazing banner

POCL Grand Finale
    Discord ~ Administrative Decisions ~ Spreadsheet

Welcome to the Grand Finale of the Pokémon Online Champions League!
    - All the links above are a must read for every manager and players to avoid future problems. If you do not read them, the fault will be on you.
    - I expect good sportsmanship. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
    - Use PM walls, activity wins will be decided primarily based on PO Forum activity. Discord activity comes next.
    - Matches can be played on Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown. It's preferable to play on smogtours as it autosaves replays.
    - RBY OU will be played in a Best of One (BO1) format.
    - All replays (in case you played in Pokémon Showdown!) or logs (in case you played in Pokémon Online) must be saved!

Matchups

The Grand Finale!
    [​IMG](4) Winchester Wobbuffets vs. Milan Bisharps (6) [​IMG]

SM OU 1: @welliou vs. @robjr
    SM OU 2: @Empo vs. @SpectearIsLove
    SM Ubers: @Mysterious M vs. @get backer
    SM LC: @Sken vs. @tko
    ORAS OU: @lighthouses vs. @real xray
    BW OU: @ahd vs. @Raiza
    DPP OU: @autumn leaves vs. @Jimmy Turtwig
    ADV OU: @champagne papi vs. @Eden's Embrace
    GSC OU: @]V[X vs. @Lavos Spawn
    RBY OU: @Troller vs. @GGFan

Your matches are to be completed by 16th September, Sunday 11:59 PM GMT -4! Have fun and may the best team win it all!​

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 6:51 AM
    Jethalal, Hassin627 and CALLOUS like this.
  2. CALLOUS

CALLOUS Active Member

LGI Wobbs!

3. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

Oh.....ho ho ho ho ho HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ha ha ha ha ha HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

And so, here we are in the finals! How expected that, once again, my detractors are left to roll in the mud while I, patient and resilient GGFan, take center stage once more. I have made it to this point. I have survived all of the adversity that confronted me in this competition--and with flying colors. Not even the mighty goats could slake the momentum that we gained from the very beginning of this war with some of the mightiest and nefarious warriors from every land known to man. Now, most of you know me as a calm, articulate figure, which is why I'm going to tell you in advance that my behavior in this realm may seem a bit, well, incongruous with my gentle and magnanimous nature.

However, now I truly understand why so many people have been elevated into the skies of the immortals. It truly does take a god to succeed in such a battlefield of unsavory repute. You see, the foul Professor Oak ostracized me from this realm for seven long years unfairly. While most would have been driven to depression and even madness, I remained optimistic and mighty. I continued to fight all over the world and enhance my largess, my renown which has inspired so many on Pokemon Perfect to replicate a legacy comparable in scope to mine. Some of them may even be successful in their lofty ambition, dare I say. I never gave up in spite of the rotten wishes made in Vile Mountain by putrid Professor Oak and his scourge, the pitiful sycophant known as xdevo, who was as charming as a cactus and was as attractive as a seasick crocodile. Both of you donned your cursed skirts, wore your hateful voodoo masks, and waved your wands of evil which were imbued by the carnage of Satan himself. You invoked a wicked incantation and spread your puerile air all over Pokemon Online, causing its colors to change into a horrifying purple. It was no longer "Pokemon Online," but "SmogonJr."

Thankfully, all hope was not lost. A band of honorable, dedicated warriors made sure that SmogonJr, while now cursed beyond salvation, would not be entirely gone. A gathering would be held once a year in memory to what was once a kingdom with bright potential. Though dark now, these warriors espoused the adage: "to see a shadow is better than seeing a soul." But it was never the same. These jousts never captured the magic of Pokemon Online. That is, until the raucous masses petitioned arduously for my unjust punishment to be lifted. I was happy to be free to wander into the shadow once more, for it made me realize how far I had come. I am proud of my legacy and everything I have accomplished, and the occupants of Vile Mountain genuinely have my sympathy and pity. It saddens me how delusional you were in thinking that you could brand me as the villain while neglecting the needs of your people--indeed, I have become that very need. I am the breath of fresh air, the glimmer of hope, the silver lining in the dark cloud, and the beacon of light in the valley of shadows that this realm desperately needs. Do you know what I see now? No longer do I see poisonous clouds hovering over the sky or endless bangs of thunder pervading the land. No, I see a burgeoning garden. I see the sun. I see children frolicking happily. I see a new beginning, and it's all thanks to the Milan Bisharps and their bastion of courage, GGFan. We have started a movement that I hope you will be smart enough to recognize and be grateful for.

This brings me to my next foe, Mr. Egghead, who refers to himself as CALLOUS. Why did you come back, and why do you continue to cast aspersions towards my character? What wrong have I done to you to deserve such unwarranted and belligerent calumny? You claimed that I may be mentally insane. Let me assure you, Egghead, that all of my mental faculties are intact. YOU, YOU, YOU ARE THE ONE whose brain has turned into the same mud that my enemies wallow in. YOU ARE THE ONE who is nothing more than a persona and jester. You come here and pretend as if nothing ever happened, when, in fact, all of us are fully aware of your numerous follies and failures. Do you think we're afraid of you? Why should we be when you've angered us so? We've already slayed giant fish, mighty goats, colossal birds, and terrifying dragons--an egg poses no threat. I'm not afraid of eggs. I'm not afraid of them. I'm not afraid of you or your giant egg head. What are you going to do? Spit yolk at me? Go ahead, spit! Spit! Spit! HAAAACCCKKOOOOOO! While you spit at me, I will poke at your egg head! I will do it and there's nothing you can do about it! Watch!

(Poke)

Ho ho ho ho ho! Oh, my, that was fun! I'm going to do it again!

(Poke)

HO HO HO HO HO HOOOOO! Again, I'll poke you again, and I will laugh again--for it was meant to beeeeeee!

(Poke)

HOOO......HO HO HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Uhh....uhhh....you see, I write in this manner so that you may conceptualize how exhausted I am from my hearty laughter. I realize how difficult it is to detect one's sincerity on the realm known as the "internet," but I swear on my loved ones' graves that I was indeed laughing as hard as I could. I love everything hard, in fact: hardships, hard fights, hard people. You're all what I would describe as "hard" people: you wanted me to die, you wanted my life to be hell. But you never realized that I would ascend into greatness while your kingdom would crumble into the ground along with your insignificant legacies. How wonderful it is that, in 2018, I will forever be remembered as the "Iron Man" of our sport, the one who outlasted everyone and still remains to fight alongside the magnificent Milan Bisharps and glorious team Asia. I am blessed.

I am blessed. I feel like god.

I feel like god.

Thank you, Milan Bisharps, for everything. I love you so much. I love all of you as if you were my own family.

I feel like god.​

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  4. [VoD]Metabeast

[VoD]Metabeast Well-Known Member

WELCOME BACK FRIENDS IT'S ONCE AGAIN TIME FOR GOAT METABEAST'S FIRE FLAMES UNBIASED PREDICTIONS
    as is usually the case in this dumpster fire of a website, overall skill ultimately plays second fiddle to nonsense tryharding
    however, I will try my best to accurately get a read on these matchups
    im too lazy to erase the tags so u can all suck my dick

(4) Winchester Wobbuffets vs. Milan Bisharps (6)
    SM OU 1: @welliou vs. @robjr | if genesis7 and evan were managing this tour, you'd best believe rob would hav gone for like 25k. some people have even speculated that he was the true mastermind of US northeast, manipulating john and abr like puppets. while i'm not retarded enough to overvalue our friend poketcggamer to this degree, i still have a decent amount of respect for him as a player and view him as someone in the gray zone of average / slightly above average. i've never particularly been impressed with the well, however, so giving a slight edge to rob.
    SM OU 2: @Empo vs. @SpectearIsLove | for a while, empo's skill level seemed to be a very contentious issue in the tournament jerks. he went undrafted for many tours, and went 3k in others. it seems the community has finally picked up on his skill level, as after he dominated the olt ladder, he went in the 3rd round of the Snake Draft. Meanwhile, I can't really be bothered to remember if his opponent is an alt or not, and even if he is, i'd favor empo anyway
    SM Ubers: @Mysterious M vs. @get backer | sigh how many times do I have to post this
    [​IMG]
    get backer's skill level, especially in ubers, is definitely questionable, but if it's a tossup, you best believe I'm not taking the greek.
    SM LC: @Sken vs. @tko | omfuga hyped sken up a few years ago, but the opinion of the lc mainer seems to have fallen a great deal in the tours jerks over the years. opposing him is tko, an amq main who is somehow in the finals. in all honesty, i haven't watched tko play that many games, but he'll probably have some good teambuilding support and i'll trust him to squeak out the win.
    ORAS OU: @lighthouses vs. @real xray | snake tour has really plummeted diogo's stock. after being decimated by apparently everyone in the tour in his main tier, it's almost impossible to pick him. meanwhile, xray's definitely a threat in oras and someone who has proven his ability in this tier.
    BW OU: @ahd vs. @Raiza
    ☆I AM POLARIS:
    goodbye to you
    ☆Bushtush: GOODBYE
    ☆I AM POLARIS: you shit team isnt making poffs
    nothing else needs to be said.
    DPP OU: @autumn leaves vs. @Jimmy Turtwig | jimmy's also in the gray zone between average and slightly above average to me. this would be enough in most matchups on this dumbass site, but unfortunately for him, he's opposing the goat. by the time jimmy sends out his second pokemon, bkc will already know his entire team. this man's knowledge of dpp is absolutely insane and it's almost impossible to predict against him here.
    ADV OU: @champagne papi vs. @Eden's Embrace | this pick has less to do with my faith in phil's adv play than it does in my lack of faith in his opponent. kevin's teambuilding support will be on point as usual, anyway, and i'll trust phil to not choke.
    GSC OU: @]V[X vs. @Lavos Spawn | lavos is an established gsc presence at this point, while his opponent is just some dumbass majin wannabe bop
    RBY OU: @Troller vs. @GGFan | troller was hyped up a lot after not making it into spl, which is honestly kind of weird tbh. regardless, i've never been particularly impressed with ggfan's play, so ill give troller the benefit of the doubt i suppose. then again, its literally BEST OF ONE RBY so who tf knows a monkey could win this with enough hax

Sken, get backer, Finchinator and 3 others like this.
  5. ]V[X

]V[X Mx

Dumb and dumber, you can make a great couple.

6. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

Now, now--don't be so hard on yourself. Surely being dumb isn't the only thing you two have in common. Why, both of you losing to dear Lavos will be a great conversation starter!

Also, in an attempt to relate to the likes of you, I've been learning the language that my textbook refers to as "White Nerdese." I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy of my translation due to my elementary level of your language; however, I believe it is understandable.

"yo you niggas got burned worse than my grandmas shit ass cookin YO IM DYIN yoooo niggas pls."

7. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

tl;dr

Finchinator and Joyverse like this.
  8. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    stfu

9. get backer

get backer n_n

10. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

Let me take out my textbook so that I can speak on your level.

"no u."

Joyverse, gengar17 and get backer like this.
  11. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    stfu

Joyverse and gengar17 like this.
  12. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

"no u."

13. Californium

Californium Infinitely Dreaming

Im gay

Joyverse likes this.
  14. real xray

real xray Member

15. Troller

Troller Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Troller
    my blind exeggutor back stabbed me, lost gg

16. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

I was able to beat Troller in a long, thinking-man's game thanks to a plethora of luck on my side. I was definitely blessed in this one, and I can't say I was the better man. There's a reason why Troller almost always wins.

No matter what happens from here, I'd like to thank the Milan Bisharps for giving me this golden opportunity. Getting to play the very best player in this tier right now in the finals of a relatively big team tournament was a huge thrill for me. A special thanks to ChillShadow for wanting me even though I didn't sign up to play RBY, and TropicalTeo for letting me play in both the semi finals and finals. The last two weeks have been a lot of fun.

In other news, my undefeated streak in SmogonJr tournaments continues into 2018! It's been three years in a row now. My streak goes all the way back into 2016 when I, ironically enough, defeated my current assistant manager, snaga, in the first round of the Supreme RBY Tournament. Everything has truly come full circle.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  17. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn Well-Known Member

my opponent hasn't responded in two and a half days and I'm busy this weekend. activity win unless he's immediately substituted

real xray likes this.
  18. ]V[X

]V[X Mx

You proposed Wednesday and friday , days i work till late, i propose friday night or weekend, you didnt want friday night and Then propose sunday 1pm gmt-4 and it's okay for me, Then you send your manager to talk for you Even you have my discord.

I told Callous To Say 1pm gmt-4 sunday is fine for me, or o Will post when i'm out of work, at this moment i'm out of work. Man up and stop bullshit.

19. welliou

welliou Member

Won vs robjr, gg

Joyverse, CALLOUS and amber lamps like this.
  20. Empo

Empo -

won vs spectear gg

Joyverse, CALLOUS and amber lamps like this.
  21. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Active Member

lost to jimmy, gg

22. Jimmy Turtwig

Jimmy Turtwig Member

won vs bkc, gg

Joyverse, snaga, gengar17 and 4 others like this.
  23. champagne papi

champagne papi if young tokyo tom don't trust you...

24. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn Well-Known Member

25. ]V[X

]V[X Mx

[​IMG]

Maybe next time i beat you at your own tournament at adv and gsc i will have to use my six pkmn. Still 3-1 vs you at tournaments, I will not complain at my snorlax paralizing when i fire blast your forretress, shit happens, enjoy.

Joyverse likes this.
  26. Sken

Sken local hero

Joyverse, SadisticNarwhal and CALLOUS like this.
  27. real xray

real xray Member

win one smogon classic then talk like that to ma boy Lavos again :monkeyface:

28. Raiza

Raiza Active Member

29. Trap

Trap New Member

Wont do individual shoutouts but I want everyone to know I had a great time with the Wobbufetts. Thanks Callous for being an amazing manager and taking a risk on me, sorry I couldnt perform better... Grats bisharps. We'll be back next year!

Joyverse, Sken, CALLOUS and 1 other person like this.
  30. real xray

real xray Member

Thanks CS and snaga for drafting me, was a lot of fun!
    I am glad i could play ORAS these last weeks *-*
    But really was fun, awesome crew and oh "btw i won"
    Shoutouts destiny device :mouseface:

GG CALLOUSES, you guys are a great team with great players and friends, a bit sad i couldn't see some Relous-action in finals. Keep it up dude.
    Sorry we were on the luckier end that last game but i think it evened out p much all in all.

Lavos Spawn, Relous, Joyverse and 3 others like this.
  31. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

GG CALLI
    gj team, this was really fun honestly, p chill atmosphere with no pressure on prep etc worked out in the end lol, shoutouts for half the team that at least pinged us when they played rofl, fuck u other half didnt wanna watch u anyway
    big shoutouts to our star @Echelon love u :3
    to our up and coming players i wanna say i hope this tour was a fun experience to u guys and even if some had disappointing results, im sure ull bounce back better if u keep putting the effort u were putting here

Edna, Lavos Spawn, Joyverse and 4 others like this.
  32. CALLOUS

CALLOUS Active Member

First of all, I want to say congratulations to the Bisharps. They're a very strong team and deserving champions (and I mean that genuinely as opposed to just saying it for the sake of sportsmanship). Lavos, Jimmy and Xray are all top 10 players in the world in a tier and they're backed by SPL level players in Robjr, Eden's Embrace and GGFan and very competent managers. They had a great squad that I knew would be very challenging to overcome and as it played out we did not manage to do so. Congratulations again.

Shifting the focus over to my own team, there is very little I would have done differently. I was happy with how the draft went and I really, really liked my squad this year, both as competitors and as people, and we had a really great season overall (FIVE players finished the year undefeated and we took our first and only loss as a team in the finals) and we all genuinely believe we had a reasonable chance to win this thing. Bisharps did indeed deserve it as I said earlier, but our guys certainly deserved it too and unfortunately for us it just didn't go our way. We also had a great team environment with the bare minimum of drama and that's always much appreciated. Like I said, there is very little I would have done differently as a manager this year and when two really good teams meet in the playoffs one has to lose.

Shoutouts-

Jabba- Jabba played a grand total of zero test games with anyone throughout this entire ordeal and on the very few occasions where he actually spoke in the chat it was usually just trolling or being silly. He signed up pretty much for the sole purpose of enabling me to manage in this tour again without getting stuck with some random Joe Blow assistant manager that I did not want to work with. I appreciate you doing that. Thanks friend.

Troller- Troller is probably my single favorite person on the planet to work with in team tours. He will always finish positive, he gives a shit, he helps in every tier he's knowledgeable about and he's reliable with scheduling and getting his matches done. And, above all of that, he just "gets it". He understands how to win and has the correct mindset for approaching tournaments and it's not a coincidence he's won this tournament multiple times, plus others. I'll team with Troller 100 times out of 100 and I hope we can do it again soon.

MX- You had a very good record and you cared. Thank you for your contributions.

TSR- Helped a lot in the earlier half of this tournament and got us a number of wins that contributed toward us making playoffs. Capable, underrated player who understands GSC deeply. Has a crappy schedule due to his job, but that's not his fault, and he was easy to work with and always tried his best in the games. Thanks man.

AmberLamps- Created zero drama, played multiple tiers for us, started when we needed him to start and subbed when we needed him to sub. Was supportive of teammates when they were playing. Amber is a good teammate and someone I'd not hesitate to pick up again in a future tour.

Lighthouses- Competitive guy who tried hard in the games and got us a few solid wins. Very high ceiling here and capable of beating just about anybody when he's focused on doing so. Contributed positively to the chat. Thanks for being part of the team.

A Hero's Destiny- Really, really great teammate. Humble, supportive of teammates, willing to play any tier he knows when asked to do so, willing to start or to sub and just a nice and easy to get along with kind of guy. I have a very high and very positive opinion of this guy and I'd pick him up again in a heartbeat.

Jirachee- UNDEFEATED! Rachee was really reliable for me in this tour two years in a row. Could communicate a bit better about when he's playing and could be a little bit less last minute with contacting opponents, but once it comes game time there are few players in the world more reliable than this man. Imma keep buying Phil indefinitely until you guys are willing to pony up and pay the man what he deserves.

Sken- UNDEFEATED! Also humble and a supportive teammate. Strictly positive experience with this man.

Oro E Diamanti- UNDEFEATED! There's a load of talent and potential here and if this guy keeps his head in it he's a serious up and comer and you all heard it here first. That said, he didn't seem overly invested in the tour and often didn't really know what was going on or what the score was or anything like that. I feel bad you didn't have more opportunities to play, as you'd be a solid starter on just about any other team- we simply had really good OU here. Regardless, this guy can play.

Empo- Empo has all the talent and Pokemon Superstar potential in the world and the only thing holding him back is himself. He's his own worst enemy. If you can calm down and not get so tilted by hax nothing will be able to stop you. Came up clutch for us with the 2-0 in playoffs and that was much appreciated. It was nice working with you.

Welliou- UNDEFEATED! If Welliou isn't top 5-10 OU players in the world right now I don't know anything. Not only did this man go undefeated, but he did so through multiple SPL level opponents in FLCL, Za Meowdo, Eternam and Robjr. Fucking Christ SPL managers, BUY THIS GUY!

Trap- HUGE contributor behind the scenes, more than I could emphasize in just a few sentences. Scouted for us, built for us, LEARNED MULTIPLE TIERS HE DIDNT EVEN PLAY SO HE COULD HELP OTHER PEOPLE TEST and was a super supportive teammate who gave a shit from day one all the way to the end. Despite his record, and despite us finishing with five undefeated players, I feel that Trap was one of my top 3 best buys of this tournament. He did that much for us in the back.

M- I really liked working with M, and he has the personality/approach that I like and want to team with. He preps, scouts and does his work before the match. Thanks for putting in as much effort as you did. I hope we work together in the future. Drama free supportive teammate.

Relous- UNDEFEATED! I wish your availability had allowed you to play more, as you were excellent for us when you did get to play. I would have liked to have played you in finals but alas, real life obligations... Super talented guy, mellow, drama free. Didn't talk a whole lot in the chat but when he did it was supportive and positive. I enjoyed working with you.

BKC- Kev is one of 3-5 people in the argument for best competitive Pokemon player of all time. He doesn't need praise or validation from me. One thing I really liked and appreciated about working with Kev though was despite how good he is and despite how well known he is he never, ever at any point talked down to any of his teammates or came off as egotistical. That's really respectable. Thanks very much for signing up and playing with us my friend.

SadisticNarhwal- Thank you for being part of the team, helping Troller test and cheering us on enthusiastically despite knowing your opportunities to actually play would be limited. Good dude to have in chat and a solid RBY option for teams that don't have the best RBY player in the world as their starter.

Special shoutouts to both Finch and Genesis, who were the two biggest contributors to my very lengthy and thorough draft prep. Thanks so much for helping me end up with this squad!

Thanks to hosts for once again making this tournament a thing. I hope to manage again next year.

Great season worth being proud of, Wobbs. I'm sorry we came up just short of the result we were all hoping for, but we have a lot to be proud of. See you guys next year! :)

Lavos Spawn, Relous, Jethalal and 7 others like this.
  33. Song of Wind

Song of Wind Set me free

34. get backer

get backer n_n

these are very weak shoutouts mr callous :(

35. Echelon

Echelon flamejante

easy lol

36. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Active Member

after experiencing callous' managing for even something that's more of a fun side gig for most players like pocl is, I was really impressed. this is the dude you want managing a team - he's motivational without blowing smoke up your ass, he checks on the players without nagging, is always willing to help, and is generally the kind of presence you want on a team. excellent leader. I would 100% want to see him managing in spl, especially considering some of the people that get picked.

37. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

Wow. So, for once, I'm not sure how to articulate my feelings right now; however, out of respect for both the team, myself, and even egghead, I'll do my best.

So the focal point of this year's tournament was my return after an incredibly idiotic and unjust seven-year ban. Before I proceed to do any individual mentions, I would like to thank the playerbase as a whole for voicing their frustration at administration and being as raucous as they were in the fight to include me in this year's spectacle. I'll admit that, due to the way I had been treated here in the past--why I was banned and events that transpired after, such as the infamous Supreme RBY Tournament--I was actually hesitant about participating. Luckily, others persuaded me to join, and so I decided to--with a catch. I decided to dabble into other gens, as I had become a bit bored with my specialty, the arts of red, blue, and yellow. This caused some concern over whether or not I would get bought. Certain managers messaged me in private, asking me if I was serious about not playing RBY, to which I responded, "Only if it was truly needed."

One such manager, my teammate from team Asia, Chillshadow, was highly interested in me, and bought me even after I made it clear I was only going to play RBY in a dire situation. I saw this as a great compliment, as he did consider the possibility of penciling me into other tiers, and, he, of course, wanted me to be his RBY starter. In fact, I was his top priority in gen 1, which was satisfying since the playerbase in this tour was formidable indeed. In the end, he had to draft TropicalTeo, who ended up doing most of the heavy lifting in the regular season, but when the lights were on bright the team wanted me to enter the battlefield in the playoffs. Of course this was no problem for me, partially because the sets were best-of-one affairs, and also because they were high profile matches with some meaningful implications behind them.

In the semi finals I went up against Ebola, who I wanted to beat because of his terrible attitude overall and the way he treated me in the past, throwing some vile, virtual feces my way. He was abetted by his manager, foul Finchinator, who made some unpleasant remarks towards me in this very realm. So, beating Ebola was tantamount to killing two birds with one stone. However, it was only thanks to being part of such an amazing team of established superstars that I was truly able to silence Finchinator (for now, at least). Nothing personal, my boy, and I hope that, instead of harboring enmity towards me for this, you can accept the fact that you were wrong to judge someone you did not even know at the time. But, now you do, and you now you know how valued I am by so many people. To be valued so much that I was drafted by a team of this caliber--yes, I realize the likes of you never saw that coming.

Now in the finals, I had yet another opportunity to shut up a manager who enjoys opening his filthy mouth more than a prostitute in the city. CALLOUS, also known as egghead, unleashed 40 minutes of self-aggrandizing, pathetic, bewildering nonsense about his supposed prowess and how terrible the Pokemon Perfect realm is. And how funny that he lumped me into his criticisms of said realm, the person who actually reached out to him shortly before he was humiliated in SPL and wished him luck, the person who he issued an apology to after committing similar transgressions last year, the person who had no qualms with his presence unlike many others. Yet, egghead, after laughably denigrating some of the greatest ADV warriors of all time in a ridiculous attempt to bolster his own lowly position, still found it suitable to call me a "troll" and somebody "as toxic as Ninjax and Konzern." Yes, there was once a time when I did defend lord of morons, as I am against others being ostracized so easily, but everybody witnessed how vocal I was and how much of a role I played in getting Ninjax removed from Pokemon Perfect. As for Konzern, it was largely because of me that he met a similar fate, all because I wanted the Pokemon Perfect League to reach its full potential, something I knew would not be achieved with his presence. In fact, I openly criticized administration for being so lax and lenient, and demanded punishment. I am happy to say that both are no longer a part of Pokemon Perfect.

Yet I am the one who is a “troll,” I am the one who is “toxic,” when egghead continues to espouse his spurious slander towards myself and others who have done nothing to deserve it. Well, let me tell you something, you bovine lummox! Let me tell you something, Mr. Egghead! You’re cracking once again, and not just mentally! You’ve failed once again despite putting together what was undoubtedly the super team of this event! You drilled your players, shouted, threw your arms up in belligerence after you went down 0-3! However, instead of putting yourself together, you shattered, leaving nothing but a trail of eggshells, yolk, and failure everywhere. I see nothing but another “egg”-stremely “egg”-barrassing failure on your part. In SPL it was how you ran away like a beaten child instead of taking responsibility and supporting your team for doing what they felt was best. You’re not only a loser, but a coward! You’re a coward! You see, that's the difference between you and I, egghead. Whenever I deal with criticism or harassment, I always rise above the occasion and end up greater than all the insipid monkeys who besmirch me. You, on the other hand, shrivel up and cry like a little girl, rushing home so you can bury your wet head in your floral pillow. And what do you have to show for your cowardice? Nothing but hypocrisy and whoring yourself out for the same people who constantly mock and ridicule you. After deleting all of your videos—hundreds of hours of work all for nothing—you decided to start all over again, decided to give more of your own money to people who feel the same way about you as I do, decided to start this pointless endeavor all over again instead of starting over on your personality. It is only after you realize your faults and understand that you are seen as a gimmick that you can change. It’s just like therapy, isn’t it? They say you must first hit rock bottom before you can rise up. Well, let me recite an urban poem to you:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. He laughed, and laughed, and laughed,
    but then one day we pushed him off;
    we killed his stupid ass.”

And so, egghead is dead! Now, on to my “shout outs….”

Chillshadow: Thank you so much for drafting me even though I made it clear that I wasn’t going to play RBY unless the situation was dire. In particular, receiving the chance to play Troller in the finals of this event was the most excited I had been to play this game in months. In retrospect I feel that I underestimated how well I played, crediting my luck more than the team I built and the moves I executed. Because of you I was able to prove that, despite having made my debut before some of my adversaries were even born, I am still one of the very best this game has to offer. Beating Troller in the finals is a memorable moment in my legendary career. Thank you, dear Chillshadow.

Snaga: The admirable assistant manager! How amusing that we’ve come full circle: you shouted, “Let’s get some money!” two years ago after I was able to defeat somebody as great you in the Supreme RBY Tournament. Perhaps you’re also a seer, and that you weren’t referring to the fact that I was banned by worthless administration and was reinserted into the tournament, but because you foresaw that we would be teammates in Pokemon Online’s biggest tournament in years. Thank you, dear Snaga.

TropicalTeo: You came through and performed to the best of your abilities. I’m especially grateful you did not object to me playing in the semi finals and finals, which I found to be a great display of respect on your part. Thank you, dear TropicalTeo.

Lavos: Simply unbeatable in this tournament. Why, you remind me of myself when I was your age—you have come a long way. Thank you, dear Lavos.

Jimmy Turtwig: You have a nice, fat face. Thank you, dear Jimmy Turtwig.

Eden’s embrace: You’ve always been a vocal supporter of mine. We have been teammates in quite a few events now, and I’m happy we were able to take home the gold, shiny, yolk-covered trophy this time. Thank you, dear Eden.

Golden Gyarados: I finished what we started in WCOPP. Thank you, dear Goldie.

Disaster Area: This seems out of place, but I understand how difficult it is to be a global moderator. Decisions are constantly scrutinized, and you are still unfairly judged and treated to this day despite coming a long way since your immature and inappropriate beginnings. I’m happy you had the chance to manage this year, and I’m sure you’re happy I cracked the giant egg. Thank you, dear Disaster Area.

Pokemon Perfect: I didn't want to win this just for me. No, I wanted to win on behalf of this entire league. I wanted to shut up egghead for all of the immensely talented, mature, and supportive people that make up the best competitive organization in the world today.

Professor Oak: I still dislike you for the way you justified banning me for seven long years, but in the end you’re the main reason I stand here today as a POCL champion. Thank you, dear Professor Oak.

Xdevo: You’re a smug, arrogant, and abusive—I’ll use the word you addressed me as—“prick” who ruined the Supreme RBY Tournament. However, we can both admit that since my ban I’ve gone on to accomplish far greater things over the last seven years, while the highlight of your tenure is announcing the end of constructing your own tiers to an audience of two people. Now, as POCL champion, I’m officially better than you even in your own realm. Thank you, dear xdevo. “Thank you for what?” you may ask. Thank you for being one of the villains who made this story such a brilliantly emotional one.

sulcata: "Rest in peace, GGFan. Your presence will not be missed." - 2013

Rest in peace, sulcata. You or your forum will not be missed.

Yes, this event does have such a Hollywood feel to it, doesn’t it? The unfairly imprisoned hero finally released from his long sentence comes back to win on the grandest stage of them all. When I found out we won, I did something I’ve never done in my illustrious, 16-year career.

I cried. I cried that I was part of such an outstanding team. I cried when I realized that most people would have folded when confronted by the adversity that attempted to crush me. I cried over the exultation I received from my giddy teammates when I returned to the warriors’ quarters (also known as the Discord server) as the victor against Troller. I cried a lot. Our victory in POCL symbolizes my eternal triumph over hatred, evil, and stupidity, and I continued to cry when I realized how hard you were fighting for me. You all wanted to win this tournament for me. Thank you so much.

If you have a problem with egghead cracking, me becoming POCL CHAMPION, me winning more games despite only playing for two weeks than eternal meme Bedschibaer, who played the entire season, me crying over how great both myself and our team is, my THREE-YEAR UNDEFEATED STREAK, or the mighty Milan Bisharps winning the biggest installment of POCL yet, I have but one thing to say to all of you:

SWIM IN GARBAGE,
    SWIM IN GARBAGE,
    SWIM IN GAAAARRRRBBBBAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEE!

O,
    O,
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU,
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

P.S see you all in SPL next year!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 7:32 AM
  38. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast! Tournament Host Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    '-')?

And... the Milan Bisharps take the trophy this year! Congratulations, guys you showed 'em!

And, of course; congratulations to the Callouses for being such dangerous players over the course of the tour!

Of course, as a first-timer host, I had a lot of things to look to. However, certain things didn't go my way, and I had to dip my activity down by a lot. It's too late now to ask for forgiveness, but I'm glad the tour came out just the way it was expected. A big hand goes to my co-host and fellow tour directors, @Jethalal, @fsk, and, @Mr. Perry for picking up the load where I didn't. A huge round of applause for the all the managers and players without which this tour wouldn't have been possible at all. Thanks for making this tour happen and thanks for being here!

AND SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR! PEACE!

tjdaas and Jethalal like this.
  39. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    gengar17 likes this.