1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Tournament Activity

Discussion in 'Server Tournaments' started by Veteran Padgett, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    With lower player counts I think we should create Tournament Days similar to the Mafia Nights which have been pretty successful so far. Basically, instead of the dead tournament events every 4 hours there would be a recurring big event on the weekends so that there is an actual chance to do tournaments with more than 3 or 4 players.

Thoughts on this idea? Any other ideas to share?
    • How many people are interested in this idea and would try to join occasional Tournament Nights?
      • Please post some sort of support here if you would play these tournaments. If it looks like no one will join Tournament Days, then there is no reason to implement it.
    • What time works best for everyone?
      • We should try to avoid Mafia Nights which are usually run at Sunday 1:00-4:00 am UTC+0.
    • How should the tier be decided?
      • Set by sMU? Voting?
    • How often should Tournament Day occur?
      • I think every other weekend or one weekend a month would be good to give people time to prepare teams.
    • What should the tournament structrure be?
      • Nobody wants to wait until the weekend just to be eliminated round 1, so I think the best structure would be double elimination like the current events or swiss. For those unfamiliar with swiss tournaments, everyone plays the same number of rounds and are ranked at the end based on number of wins. Each round you face an opponent with the same number of wins as you, so matches will get harder as you win and easier as you lose.
    • Rewards?

Whereabouts Unknown likes this.