1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[POCL] Pokémon Online Champions League 2019 [Manager signups]

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by HSOWA, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HSOWA

HSOWA Weavile 2.0 Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

Hello everyone - Pokémon Online Champions League (POCL) is coming up! This means we need managers for our teams. This year POCL will be hosted by me and @Hurricane, with assistance from @fsk.

Post here if you want to be a manager in the POCL. Bear in mind it's kind of an investment and dropping out mid-season would be quite bad and punishable. But that's what assmen are there for, which you can also sign up to be, however, assistant managers are picked by the managers themselves in the end and don't need to sign up to be in, but it lets people know you're up for it.

Anyone may sign up, but people with more experience or exposure will likely be getting priority. However, the overall quality of the application and the user signing up is the main factor into who we decide will manage POCL.

To sign up, you have to tell us what your proposed team is. You may use a team from a previous year but past members of the roster in last year's tournament (especially managers) of teams will have priority on taking existing teams (although they are not guaranteed). New teams, if any should exist, will be assigned teams (probably at random) from the unused ones last year to take retains from.

Please only post if you are interested in managing.

Please confront either of the hosts if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you and have a good one!

The link to the official PO discord server can be found here: https://discord.gg/wz4Ncea

The deadline for manager signups will be Saturday 29th June, 11:59pm GMT +1.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    fsk, Hurricane and Edna like this.
  2. LL

LL Member

Position: Manager (Assistant Manager will be Leo)
    Proposed Team: Chatots
    Anything else?: I've managed quite a few tours in the past, such as OUPL, OURPL, and various discord tours. Leo has managed OUPL himself as well, albeit managed a different team. Both of us were/are in WCOP, so we understand what's needed for a team environment in a tournament and would be more than happy to manage POCL as well.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    RyLon and hyogafodex like this.
  4. Noble GGFan

Noble GGFan Member

Position: Manager
    Proposed Team: SC Wiedenbrück 2000 Taurii
    Anything else?: I was the assistant manager of team North America in the first WCOPP, finishing in 3rd place. I also made the finals of PPL 3 as the manager of the Gregarious Garbodors in what is considered one of the greatest managerial performances of all time. Last year I started in SPL as a member of the Stark Sharks, started in POCL for the Milan Bisharps and helped the team win the championship (they also said I'm good at cracking and scrambling eggs if cooking skills mean anything), and was recently appointed team Asia's honorary assistant captain in this year's POWC. Besides that, I've started in both WCOP and WCOPP for team Asia.

Eseque and Pasy_G like this.
  5. KingKdot

KingKdot Member

Managing wobbuffets with @Finchinator

eta: we’ll take gogoats lol

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Finchinator likes this.
  6. CALLOUS

CALLOUS Active Member

Um, fuck no. Wobbs are MY team.

I will be managing them.

7. Tony

Tony Active Member

Position: Manager with @Kingler12345 as my co-manager
    Proposed Team: Arsenal Arcanines
    Anything else?: Now that starmaster is banned I won't waste 20+k on his mediocre ass, so the sky is the limit!

Kingler12345, La.Melle2402 and fsk like this.
  8. Marcop9923

Marcop9923 Active Member

managing the kingdras with pdc

9. CALLOUS

CALLOUS Active Member

marcoasd likes this.
  10. Genesis7

Genesis7 Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Genesis7
    CALLOUS likes this.
  11. starry

starry New Member

me and @meeps

preferably seakings since i was on that team last year but any team works really.

12. Mr. Perry

Mr. Perry wat

PO Trainer Name:
    Mr. Perry
    i am looking forward to ggfans team

13. Omfuga

Omfuga IT'S FINK DUMBASS

2/2

14. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

CALLOUS, La.Melle2402 and Lutra like this.
  15. HSOWA

HSOWA Weavile 2.0 Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.