1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Real Talk] I am so sad that PO is dead.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amicus tuus, Aug 10, 2019.

1. amicus tuus

amicus tuus Currently busy

It's a long rant so please bear.
    As a kid I'd always loved Pokemon. My earliest memories are with Pokemon tv show. This website was the first Pokemon community I had known. I would run home from school, throw my bag and go to the server. I made so many friends here. This was the best place ever. We even made out own server. I learned battle mechanics and rose through ranks. This place was so active. ​

I have so many memories that i can not leave this place behind no matter how much i try. I know it is a lost cause and nothing will save it. Only a matter of time until server is shut down and this place is forced into oblivion. ​

Anyone who is reading it please remember the time you spent here. Maybe we used to be friends. So many battles, flame wars, trolling we did together. ​

Good bye ​

2. Wolf

Wolf Member Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Wolf, Tea, Vulpix
    The continuous drop in numbers has been sad for me and many others who have chosen to stick with it until the end. I hope that it will continue to be a community of friends, even if po doesn't regain its popularity.

amicus tuus likes this.
  3. Pumone

Pumone Member

I'm not an active user of PO, but I play Pokémon since 1996. It's sad PO is almost abandoned, but my biggest hope is the future, I'm sure Pokémon will not die soon, and even if the franchise will die one day, I'm sure the community is big enough to make it come back even better than before!

I have to be honest, I don't like Pokémon Showdown, but today it's the only big simulator out there, so I hope in a new battle simulator, I remember pokebattle was a thing some years ago, but never been released after alpha stage...such a shame =(

amicus tuus likes this.