Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.0

4-Moveslot Syndrome

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by User Name, May 18, 2011.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl
  1. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

A common ailment in Pokemon. Certain Pokemon have so many good moves they can use, and sometimes they NEED a particular attack, but with the 4-moveslot restrictions, they just can't fit it in.
    Discuss 4-moveslot syndrome here--the Pokemon that have it, how they'd do without it, and how much it sucks.

I notice that trolls often suffer from this--Whimsicott and Shuckle, for example, could troll so much more than they do, but they simply don't have the slots for stuff like Torment and Mud-Slap. Heck, even Espeon, the final Triumvirate member, suffers from this. Psychic types in general often have trouble with it, actually, since their attacking type doesn't get perfect coverage with practically anything.
  2. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

As an Uber player, I find a few notable Pokemon that suffer from this. Rayquaza really wants 5 moves (boosting, dragon, fire, eq, espeed) but has to make do with 4. Things like Mewtwo can also find themselves losing out on important coverage. Sometimes, it's really hard being restricted to 4 moves.

EDIT: Oh, and another one. Thundurus wants Taunt, Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, HP [Ice] and Focus Blast.
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. Harry

Harry Banned

,Salamence always wants to be mixed with all the attacking types, and have roost, but it can't ever q_q. Blissey wants wish, protect, heal bell, toxic, ice beam/flamethrower, seismic toss. Skarmory could always use both spikes and SR, but never wants to lose an attacking move, or roost, or whirlwind, and it likes to have taunt too =/. Forretress would love all 3 hazards + spin + payback + eq + explosion , Starmie needs speeds all its attacking moves, recover and rapid spin, and by far the most notably Tyranitar. Ttar needs 10281209 moveslots.. He needs Pursuit, Crunch, Superpower, Earthquake, Stone edge/Rock slide, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Curse. lol.
  4. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

My Ubers Blissey wants Toxic AND Softboiled. However, I usually go with just Softboiled, as it allows me to sit in longer. Lack of Toxic has cost me several matches, though, especially when my Ninjask is alone against their last Pokemon, in which case I must forfeit.
  5. Gerard

Gerard New Member

Chansey wants Wish-Protect, Heal Bell, Sismic Toss, Status (T-wave and toxic would be awesome)
  6. Mystra

Mystra New Member

Powerful pokemon will become more powerful. That's all there about it.
  7. JackTim

JackTim Banned

How about Smeargle lol
  8. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang HOMOSEXUAL UNICORN

PO Trainer Name:
    Roy Mustang
    Excadrill would enjoy having frustration and x-scissor. Lugia would be able to troll so hard with cm/toxic/t-wave/sub/dragon tail/roar/recover/roost (to get rid of the weaknesses flying has)/screens/etc. Arceus would troll almost as much as lugia. Also, any pokemon that has to choose between dragon tail and roar would be good as it gets passed subs and you can troll predict taunts and subs.
  9. Professor Oak

Professor Oak I shall grind beneath my heel all that exists! Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Mew would enjoy having absolutely every +2 stat up move it can have, as well as Baton Pass, every single move it wants to sweep with, every single supporting move, every single recovery move it gets...
  10. -Manaphy--

-Manaphy-- Overconsumption

Smeargle would break the game's limits with the amount of attacks it has O_O
  11. yiran

yiran You can only use one coin.

Smeargle's attack stats say that they want to stay home :<

Speaking of which, when I saw your username, Manaphy with Tail Glow and Grass Knot and Surf and Ice Beam and Hidden Power as well as some other random supporting moves (Rest in Rain anyone?) would be really powerful.

Speaking of Grass Knot / Ice Beam, SubPetaya Empoleon in Gen 4 would do quite well with both Surf, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot... No more pesky Waters or Dragons blocking your way.
  12. Noog

Noog So much potential...

About that Smeargle...

Nasty Plot + Belly Drum + Agility + Ingrain + Magic Coat + Spore + Baton Pass + Recover + Substitute + Toxic + Thunder Wave + Will-O-Wisp + Flash + Perish Song + Trick Room + Endeavor + Shift Gear + Haze + Hone Claws + Minimize (in Ubers) + Lock-On + Mind Reader + Sheer Cold + Fissure + Horn Drill + Guillotine + Skill Swap + Bulk Up + Calm Mind + Spider Web + Recycle + Flatter + Swagger + Confuse Ray + Attract + Aqua Ring + Sand Tomb + Fire Spin + Clamp + Wrap + Bind + Leech Seed + Rain Dance + Sunny Day + Sandstorm + Hail + Gastro Acid + Gravity + Roar + Whirlwind + Seismic Toss + Night Shade + Cosmic Power + Cotton Guard + Amnesia + Acupressure + Aromatherapy + Heal Bell + Captivate + Tickle + Charm + Acid Bomb + Coil + Protect + Detect + Endure + Destiny Bond + Defog + Whirlpool + Disable + Encore + Embargo + Featherdance + Fake Tears + Foresight + Rapid Spin + Growth + Guard Split + Power Split + Heart Swap + Lunar Dance + Reflect + Light Screen + Safeguard + Imprison + Lucky Chant + Magic Room + Wonder Room + Memento + Mist + Moonlight + Morning Sun + Synthesis + Nightmare + Pain Split + Power Trick + Psych Up + Psycho Shift + Quiver Dance + Quick Guard + Refrest + Rest + Simple Beam + Slack Off + Sleep Talk + Softboiled + Spikes + Toxic Spikes + Stealth Rock + Stockpile + Swallow + Switcheroo + Tail Glow + Taunt + Tailwind + Teeter Dance + Torment + Trick + Wish + Yawn + Work Up + Transform... I think that'd break the system with only two attacking moves, both of which are fixed-power moves. Actually, even more gamebreaking...

Imprison + Every other move in the game, @Choice Scarf. Good luck against this.
  13. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd No one listens to pnerd.

Can't sketch Chatter; Chatot still wins.
  14. mibuchiha

mibuchiha Was yea ra chs ieeya.

PO Trainer Name:
    mibuchiha
    And both banished to Ubers. One for gamebreaking, the other for beating only that gamebreaking set.
  15. EonFriend

EonFriend New Member

Haha!

Starmie seems to have the worst 4-moveslot syndrome ever. Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Rapid Spin, Recover will have been amazing in gen 4.

Opponent switched in SmeargleWithEveryMoveInTheGame!
    Opponent: Your move buddy........

Jirachi also has a slight moveslot syndrome, along with Celebi and Dragonite. Gengar with 6 moves or better yet, Latios with 6 moves will be very VERY strong. Draco Meteor, Trick, HP fire, Surf, Thunder Bolt, Psyshock with Choice specs!

Okay, last one, Metagross in gen 4. It really wants to have Agility, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Ice punch, Thunder Punch, Zen Headbutt.
  16. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

i cool to think which pokemon would be more used if 5 moves were availible in play. and which pokemon would be much less used due to easy counters
  17. Sayonara sucks

Sayonara sucks musical genius

Garchomp wants SD/Outrage/Dragon Claw/Fire Fang/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Substitute... No?
  18. Mystra

Mystra New Member

Jirachi = flinchhax. No syndrome here XD
  19. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Actually, for Rachi I'd like WishProtect+Iron Head+T-Wave+Stealth Rock+U-Turn. And maybe Trick for good measure. :P
  20. Mystra

Mystra New Member

It's more of a 'I need pills from greed. And LOOOADS of them' :}
  21. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Mystra
    Well, I did make this thread for that. ;D

Anyways, just some notes from "research".
    Whimsicott wants: Taunt, Torment, Subseed, Cotton Guard, Stun Spore, Swagger at least. Maybe a weather move for good measure.
    Shuckle wants: Mud-Slap, Acupressure, Resttalk, Rollout, Wrap, Toxic, Power Split.
    Froslass wants: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Spikes, Substitute, Disable, Attract, Destiny Bond, Taunt.
  22. Manaphy

Manaphy ıoı

Manaphy wants Rest, Tail Glow, Ice Beam, Surf, Grass Knot, Rain Dance, Calm Mind, and Hidden Power all on the same set.
  23. EonFriend

EonFriend New Member

I think the first 5 moves are enough for it with permanent rain on......

Flinch hax Jirachi is not the the only Jirachi!!
    In gen 4, the relatively underrated Calm Mind Jirachi and even Specs Jirachi would love to have an extra slot for Hidden Power Ground to get rid of many steels (Magnezone and Heatran on top).
  24. Mystra

Mystra New Member

But it is this that will be heavily abused :]
  25. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Ferrothorn wants Protect / Stealth Rock / Spikes / Leech Seed / Power Whip / Gyro Ball and Swords Dance or Curse.

I normally have to stick with Stealth Rock / Spikes / Power Whip and Gyro Ball though. :c
  26. Float

Float New Member

Bellyzard (:
  27. Bazz

Bazz I'm not active anymore.

Gengar wants Sub/Pain Split/Disable/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Psychic.
  28. Noog

But Chatter is banned from Wifi. :)

Anyway, Forretress would become a bit overpowered with Spikes/Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Counter/Mirror Coat/Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Payback/Reflect/Light Screen.
  29. yiran

You forgot Volt Switch.

There's also Ferrothorn with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Leech Seed/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Swords Dance/Curse/Etc.
  30. Manaphy

Manaphy ıoı

Get a faster Imprison Pokemon to stop that, or priority Taunt.

Arceus with a unlimited amount of moveslot options would be scary.
  31. Aish

Aish Guest

Absol does, my main setup for it is night slash, sucker punch, superpower and psycho cut. Needs more variety. Dragonite needs the three elemental punches, outrage, Dragon dance and EQ. I could omit dragon dance XD

Of all pokemon... [​IMG]
  32. CALLOUS

CALLOUS New Member

tyranitar, alakazam, dragonite, and others with absurd move pools and good stats where they matter would go from good to stupid if you added a fifth move spot. 4 is the right number.
  33. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@CALLOUS
    Then you can make a rant about that. ;D
    However, this thread is for being greedy. :P
    Get in the spirit. .w.
    Mention something like Gallade, which would be really cool although not necessarily actually useful with multiple moves. Though it'd be hilarious to be able to Will-o-Wisp, T-Wave, Toxic, and D-bond all at the same time.
  34. CALLOUS

CALLOUS New Member

I do love greed =D
  35. windwolf777

windwolf777 New Member

Whismicot/Sableye/Riolu used taunt. Good luck with that lol :D
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  36. yiran

Smeargle also access to Magic Coat :O

Although it would be locked into Magic Coat via Scarf...

There's also Shedinja, who would work less well due to coverage moves, but on the upper hand it also does get a lot of stuff :3
  37. Mestre_Nando

Mestre_Nando It's Been A Long Time...

Instead of Scarf, max out Speed, positive nature, so Magic Coat (+4) doesn't get Choice'd. Then Imprison and gg. :3

Also, Dialga misses some moveslots, at least in case of Special Attacker :/
    He wants Ice Beam/Blizzard + SR + Flamethrower/Fire Blast + Aura Sphere + Dragon Pulse/Meteor (+ Earth Power + Thunder + TW).
  38. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Even with max/max Smeargle is still pretty slow--it's only base 75, IIRC. :P
    So it needs the Scarf or the Mental Herb or the Sash. Each one has its own problems. Imprison locks you in, and then if you switch out the opponent will too--otherwise you'll just run out of PP. Mental Herb dies very quickly. Sash lets you get Taunted. Although that's for the now locked 2 items on 1 Poke thread. XD
  39. Noog

Have Smeargle switch into something that can't hurt it (like a Choiced Pokémon locked into Shadow Ball), then spam Imprison. It'd work much better with Harvest, but meh.

Best to have some hazards up for this, though. :D
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl