1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Real Talk] I really miss my friends from PO

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amicus tuus, Jan 17, 2021.

1. amicus tuus

amicus tuus Currently busy

I was just a teen when I joined PO. Those were the days when PO had just surpassed netbattle. I did not have many friends in real life. PO was just the right place for me. It was a well moderated community. I met people from many different countries and races. I learned how most of us teens were going through similar problems no matter the country, religion or race. We made our own servers which were spammed by trolls. We had server wars and tournaments. Some of my best friends were from this place. Slowly one by one they started to log off only to never come back. Maybe it's just a part of growing up. I left abruptly because I had to leave Internet for few years as my mental issues were getting worse. I always thought one day I will go back to the Internet and talk to my friends. When I came back I found showdown had grown so much and po was dead. None of my friends were here. I started Internet journey once again but I have still not wrapped my head around this always on connected culture. I wish I did not grow up at all. At least not in this hypersexual consumeristic commodified world.

Forums were great. Now everyone and their aunt is on Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit. I miss when everything wasn't so connected. I could make an account here and engage with people of my interest. I came online to take a break from real life. Now I go to real life to take a break from Internet. Back then moderation was good too.These days you have politics everywhere. Now online communities are quick to disintegrate because anyone from any interest can flock here to spam. FB and Reddit killed forums.
    I miss you guys
    to name a few darkCelebi, Xephim, Aman, Kaish, Dhruv, Yoshi, Priyam, Shadow and many others. Hope you're doing the best in your life because mine is yet to come.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Zoroark likes this.
  2. Mahnmut

Mahnmut Member Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Mahnmut
    You're not alone.

The old auth quite recently found eachother again and have been reminiscing often since.

3. MUMU

MUMU DNR KILLED IT

PO Trainer Name:
    Azumarill
    Wonder if its truly hopeless or not, last ditch hope somewhere possibly exist perhaps ?

amicus tuus likes this.
  4. Pumone

Pumone Member

Once a month I come back here. I've always been a silent user, but always played with PO and battle simulators from early 2000 with netbattle.

Those were the days and not just because we were younger, but as you mentioned the world was way less connected and you could feel a good shelter in online forums back in those days.

Life and time is going on as we grow up, look, I'm 29 this year, I'm married, but I'm still a child inside so I always look for good community projects.

amicus tuus likes this.
  5. Ghastly

Ghastly spooky

PO Trainer Name:
    Ghastly
    I miss playing Mafia tbh

Fate Testarossa and MUMU like this.
  6. amicus tuus

I wish my squad comes back too. Growing up sucks.
    Love your signature. I had my cards as well.

It is perhaps my last ditch hope. Maybe they will see and contact me.

We have interacted a few times on the forums. I love designing and theming and so do you.
    Yeah it was an escape from the world. I'm not too far behind you in the terms of age. I wished I hadn't grown up at all.
    include me in any project where I might be of any help.

7. Pumone

Pumone Member

Yes back in 2017 I remember you made a great Sun/Moon theme!
    Ok, now I'm going off topic, but there is a little but very active community behind Psdk, it's a new project for making pokemon fan games. I'm in their discord, I can send you a private message if you want.

8. amicus tuus

Okay sure. I'll see if I'm of any help.

9. MUMU

MUMU DNR KILLED IT

PO Trainer Name:
    Azumarill
    any chance they would be interested in po by any chance ?

also anyone here used the username "Alan Sugar" on PO recently ? they said on tohjo they were looking for mahnmut.

10. Nikitas

Nikitas Member

YEP fun times

Finchinator, TGW and Zoroark like this.
  11. prof.dragonite

prof.dragonite professor

PO Trainer Name:
    N.A