1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2] UU Suspect Discussion: Chansey

Discussion in 'Gen 5 UU' started by yiran, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

I quote myself:

2. Exile

Exile New Member

1) I set up Howl on Arcanine all the time. It can be done, even without Substitute. Hazards can cause trouble for it though.
    2) I forgot the best counter of all for Chansey -- Gligar. Gligar, with its immunity to both statuses and Roost to heal ST damage, Gligar of any variant is an amazing counter to Chansey. Defensive variants have Toxic to wear Chansey down, while offensive variants have Swords Dance and Earthquake to kill Chansey. And Gligar @ Eviolite is useful otherwise in UU.
    3) Just because two sets have different counters and the ability to cripple the opposite set's counters doesn't mean we ban said Pokemon. A lot of offensive Pokemon have such a capability. Take Salamence in OU. Special Mence's Meteor/Fire Blast OHKO/heavily damage its physical set's counters, while physical Mence's Outrage and Earthquake OHKO/heavily damage its special set's counters. Yet Salamence is OU, not Uber.

3. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

Comments in Bold.

4. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

Btw, Immunity Gligar can't roost. So its can't beat chansey

5. DDwhiscash

DDwhiscash Member

The problem isn't Chansey. It's the Evolution Stone. Sounds like Pokemon Taboo but what about just banning Evo Stone Chansey from UU. Remember tiers need to have some balance and if Deoxys-D and Chansey get kicked into OU, what will happen to defensive play-styles?

6. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

What would happen to defensive play-styles is they'd be less dominating and more interesting/varied. And banning evo stone is a retarded idea, it's made the metagame so much more open, and just generally better imo.

7. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Most of the community is heavily against item/ability restrictions for just one Pokémon due to a possible slippery slope. Then again freaking Smogon of all things banned Drizzle + Swift Swim so it isn't entirely out of question.

8. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Member

Banning an Item / Ability on a single pokemon is opening up a whole can of worms we don't want opened imo. A tier-wide ban might be acceptable but I'm in no way convinced that the Eviolite itself is broken - Chansey takes a combination of typing and great bulk, then breaks an item which is fine on arguably all but one pokemon.

My current standpoint is that if Chansey is broken, it should be banned.

(Incidentally, I was against the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban, but that's entirely different to pokemon-specific Item / Ability bans anyway).

9. Groudon Ramsay

Groudon Ramsay Active Member

Okay so, Bad Romance, Ice-eyes and I also talked about Chansey. Since Bad Romance was solid on UU, I was solid on BL and Ice-eyes was undecided, we decided on having a one month test-ban on it. At the end of the period, we will decide if its BL or UU. We're not sure yet how or if we're going to let the rest of the community vote on the matter.

Anyway, I'm closing this thread now. I'll open a new one once the ban has been implemented. Happy UU-ing!

BR EDIT: Ice-eyes was inclined more for BL than UU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.