1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

User Names.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archerknight, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    I've been wondering, where did you all get your usernames from? They all sound good, but I never figured out how you thought of them.

Mine's pretty easy - Archer + Knight. I was inspired by the Japanese Civil War with the warriors. The avatar suits me too.

What about you?

2. Harry

Harry Banned

DA_Ambipom, my original, was because of my Fakeout Last Resort Ambipom
    DA_Sizzurp was cause I liked the song Like a G6 and my friends made fun of me... so I did that
    Laesers because of the new Lupe Fiasco album
    Harry because it's my fucking name and it's awesome.

3. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

I have multiple T's in my name (4 to be precise) [that's my full name, not just the first], and my brother started calling me T-Dogg when I was about 10. It's stuck ever since.

4. Mattstah

Mattstah Emotional Sickness

Name's Matt, so yeah...

5. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Crystal is the name I normally use
    Mog was a name I used to use
    When I couldn't use Crystal, I tried Mog, which was taken
    Decided to join them, Crystal Mog didn't sound right, so I went with what Mog was, a moogle, so then Crystal Moogle was born :O

6. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx the business business

Err, I made mine 5 years ago and didn't see a reason to change it. Jcpdragonx is my name on anything I've signed up for online. JCP are my anitials, J=Jordan C=___ P=___. Dragons are cool so I put that in my name ._. x for no reason. Kinda lame lol.

7. HSOWA

HSOWA Weavile 2.0 Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

About 3.5 years ago, someone mentioned HotSkittyOnWailordAction on Serebii's chat, and for some reason, I changed my username there to it, and it stuck ever since. Unfortunally, the nick is too long for me to use it on PO, but HSOWA is still cool. :>

8. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    I made my username during mid June 2010 when the world cup was going on. Vuvuzelas were the center of many discussions even one in the shoddy chat, so I decided to make an account with the word "vuvuzela" in it. "Bzz" is from the sound it makes. I used it as an alt initially, but then I got fairly high on the UU ladder at the time and kept going with it. Around August 2010 people had forgotten about my old account name and only remembered VuvuzelaBzz, so I kept it :/

9. Plaatinum10

Plaatinum10 だけUbers

PO Trainer Name:
    Plaatinum
    and there began the HSOWA mutebot challenge. =D

EDIT:
    btw, http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?1597-What-is-behind-your-names

10. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur

11. Cykid

Cykid Member

I got my name when I was like 10 years old, and at that time I was like "What the hell should I use for my nickname" because I always changed my nickname at that time.

Finally I thought: "Hmm I like using computer and computer = cyber and I'm a kid so yeah, Cykid"

Of course now I have another nickname(lolwut) but when I joined PO I used Cykid first and I made like quite a number of friends using this nick so I decided to use it on PO :3

12. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

I am sure you are all curious about how my name came about.

So when I first got the original Halo I needed to create a name for my profile. Being the young niave kid I was, I decided that the "aliens" must have been from mars and the looked kinda idiotic and idiotfrommars was born. The name stuck and I use it on X-Box live as well. Most of my friends think its retarted but whatever.

When I started playing on PO it was long and annoying so I shortened it to IFM and I have used that since.

13. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

a guy from youtube has the name "SuperSkarmory" so i named myself SuperScizor, and scizor is my fav pokémon

14. Plaatinum10

Plaatinum10 だけUbers

PO Trainer Name:
    Plaatinum
    what now?

.x Cykid x.

15. Eternal

Eternal こんにちは。

When I bought Pokemon Pearl Version (I bought it for my little sister who was about 8 years old that time), she needed a name for her Pokemon character (Dawn). And the name needed to be short to fit the requirements (i think 8 characters). So I needed to think of something random in like 2 min (since she wanted to play the game already), so I was like how about a cool name like "Eternal," meaning continuing forever or indefinitely. I really didn't care what the name was. I helped my sister out throughout the whole game and we finished it together. Then I came across the Wifi battling feature, and I was bored one day so I decided to Wifi battle some random people on the internet. I didn't know about EV or IV spread or anything competitive related (though I did play most of the old versions of Pokemon, just not competitively). When I was battling online, I found myself to be really good at the game. Soon I joined Marriland forums, and I just started beating everyone. So I gained a big reputation, and since my name on Wifi was Eternal, I used that name as my alias. But hey, it's cool name right?

16. Austin Tandy

Austin Tandy New Member

Austin_Tandy
    Hmm. How unoriginal can one get? It simply is just my name. I included the underscore, because AustinTandy didn't look right. Besides, underscores make usernames look cool. At least I think so.

17. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
  18. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

Shawn Frost was my favorite character from Inazuma 11, so I stuck to it.

Maybe I should name myself Sebastian Michaelis, or Envy or Nura. Can't decide xD

19. JuliusEW

JuliusEW New Member

Julius is my first name. My middle initial is E and my last is W. So that makes my initials JEW :D

20. Testing the Waters

Testing the Waters New Member

Never having played competitively before, I wanted to test out the so called "Drizzle" teams everyone was talking about. Hence the name, Testing the Waters. Since then which was about 2 months ago I've peaked on the Wifi ladder at 70 :)

21. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Well, I'd post this super-long story that's completely made up involving pandas, butcher knives, and giant dollops of creativity, but it's 13 minutes past the time I'm supposed to go to bed so I'll just tell you that a little chihuahua told me to. :3

22. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

I used to be called "kernsunn" for a really short amount of time becuase i like sunkerns :) and then it changed to kernel, then to kerny, and then i can't remember how it happened but someone mentioned something about hitmons or something and i thought it would be cool to be named hitmonkerny i suppose, then i changed it, and left it a that :D

23. Contest Master Majin

Contest Master Majin Member

Short story short, my favourite part of the games are Contests. I've actually spent more time playing Contests than I have, you know, playing the games. I'm quite awesome at them, I have all the Ribbons, blah blah blah. I used to be pretty pro at DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and I earned the nickname Super Majin on the GameFAQs forums. Found PO, and the two names sort of collided.
    Lame story, me.

24. baudelaire

baudelaire New Member

I like Charles Baudelaire's poetry - thus, here you go.

25. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

I never knew what HSOWA meant until this very moment!!

Well I started playing Pokemon in gen 3 where i used SkyKing as my nick because of rayquaza being so epic.

despite anything anyone says my name does not come from Beyblade its a combination of 3 words which actually have a cool Origin...

My friends on FaceBook came up with a legion of Super Heroes call R.U.M (lol) Righteous Ultra Men... I decided that I would be a cool Mage because mages are so epic. in any event I needed a name that embodied a vigilante of some kind... In Came "De Righteous Trigger", ( De: meaning The its part of my local dialect).

That was a mouthful so I combined them into a short neat word De Righteous Trigger i.e Drigger!!

So be warned evildoer I am watching you! ▲_▲!!!

26. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Banned

"Blue Star" is the name of a board that Sonic used in Sonic Riders, and I think it's a cool name ^^

27. EonFriend

EonFriend Member

I have seen SuperScizor beat it as well, though I still can't figure out how you do it.

I used to be known as EonMaster while on Shoddy battle, but I found that the name was very popular online (although I thought it out myself; I like the Eeveelutions and [email protected]). At that point of time, my Shoddy battle friends (mainly scarloc) were hell-bent on getting me to join the Smogon forums. "EonMaster" was so popular that there was even a guy in Smogon with that name, so I had to think out a different version of my name. "EonFriend" came up just like that, and my friends said that it was decent enough, though not as nice as my previous name. I stuck to it till now. Now, although I have thought about many more cooler names than the one I use, I haven't created alternate accounts with any of those names since......well......alts are not my thing. I just use EF as my disconnection safety alt.

28. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Blue Gender was at one time my favorite anime, and Body Harvest was my favorite game. The two sounded cool together so it stuck.

29. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

30. Gator

Gator New Member

<---- Obvious is obvious? If it isn't then I got my name from my favorite university. The University of Florida mascot is Albert the Gator. :D

31. Green Eyed Russian

Green Eyed Russian Perish Song Sirens

Oh well...my user name is self descriptive, I use it in many social networks and I like how it sounds.

32. NightShift

NightShift Member

I like the number 5 (night-shift),
    Night-I spend lots of hours doing homework in the night :(!
    Shift-I like cars, and shift reminded me of manual :)

33. Noog

Noog So much potential...

I was playing around with "Noob" (don't ask why) and found "Noog" to sound quite nice.

34. Lovat

Lovat New Member

I was looking for an original username one day. I thought I'd use use Thesaurus.com and look at some different colours.
    After some searches, i searched green and Lovat came up.
    I thought it sounded cool, originally I thought it was pronounced 'Low-vat'
    3 months after I started using it, I discovered it was pronounced 'Love-at'. >_>
    And now I'm known as Lovat. It sucks.

35. B. Rizzo

B. Rizzo A relic of the past, given new life.

PO Trainer Name:
    B. Rizzo
    I've been using this name for the past six years playing from Netbattle 9.6 to now. I've experimented with many names since then; but this one has kinda become iconic.

36. Yuki Nagato

Yuki Nagato Member

My name sucks .... doesnt really need an explanation....

Came up with it one day when i was bored and decided to rejoin Pokemon online.... Used a pretty noobish name and it got me pretty high up the ladder... So i kept it.
    Yeah, my story sucks....

EDIT: I'm changing my name ....

37. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

My name is derived from... hmm... let's see... what could it be...?

Gotcha, and NO it's not from the Pokemon Victini, believe it or not, I got this name before Victini was even announced...
    Back in my Shoddy Days (Ruling UU Tier bitches) I was introduced to a site, veekun
    I kept thinking it as Vee-Kun, Kun being a particle, so I needed a test alt for Shoddy, why not Veekutini? I changed it to Vicutini
    Imagine my surprise when Vicutini became an actual Pokemon for 5th Gen .__.
    I am now trying to go by a new name on the server: Wandering Artist, because of my Okamiden hype

38. Burnin'Red

Burnin'Red Official Cookie Stealer

PO Trainer Name:
    Burnin'Red.
    Well, my name generally is related to my aim of defeating the player "Red" in Pokemon Gold. I heard from a friend that this Red [in-game] player is supposedly the strongest character ever created by Game Freak. I needed a cool, catchy name just for trolling purposes (I was 4 years old, I thought that the players in the game had actual feelings and stuff >_>), so just to make that guy angry, I decided to go with the name BurningRed, I wasn't allowed to have more than 8 characters so it was Burnin for the time being. When I joined PO, in the start of 2010 or somewhere near that time, I needed a decent name, surprisingly, Red was not taken yet, but I decided to let it go and took Burnin'Red just for the heck of it :D
    And till this day I am still known as Burnin'Red.

39. KnightOwlAshley

KnightOwlAshley Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    KnightOwlAshley
    i chose the name BenXxX because Ben was taken and i couldnt think of anything else .-.
    pretty awesome huh?

40. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

Yes Ben, very awesome <3