1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

User Names.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archerknight, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I've grown up with the Pokemon series as long as I could remember, so whenever I was feeling depressed I'd usually think about a Pokemon. What Pokemon I'd would be thinking of you may ask? AMPHAROS.I mean, an electric adorable non-woolly sheep with a care free personality and a glowing tail to lighten the mood up. So I promised my self If I were to ever make a profile on the internet (Face Book, You Tube, My Space etc) my user name would be Ampharos.

But Ampharos was too boring for a user, I needed an adjective. The answer was obviously Alpha.
    The adjective 'Alpha' > Omega, Super, Awesome, Magnificent, etc.
    It also alliterates with the word Ampharos and has that awesome 'ph' that is pronounced as a 'F'- Just like Ampharos.
    But I wanted MOAR! I added some hyphens in my name to make it come early in the ALPHAbet (FAIL) and to make my name look more epic.

So there you have it, -AlphaAmpharos-. I also had an obsession with Mudkip so I thought of the user name -MegaMortalMudkip- (LOL at that name) But just had to stick with the electric fluff of epicness.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  2. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

Aurist is an archaic word meaning 'ear doctor' that nobody uses any more (people use 'audiologist' now). It sounds like it could be some kinda religion, a 'follower of the ear' or something. I liked the word a lot, used it as usernames for years and it's my artist name for music and writing (sorta) and stuff.

3. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

because pro

4. TheBoss2Beat

TheBoss2Beat AlphA| DeltaFZero User

Well I love the greek alphabet so I take Delta and I love the cold things so I thought in Frozen and SubZero but it was too long so I mix them and now is DeltaFZero :)

5. Purrfection

Purrfection Member

I allways was a perfectionist and I thought that cats and kittens were pretty cute so I decided to use that term, Purrfection.(My most used one on forums) In some games I use the user name "LadyHoliday" and thats because I like Holidays very much and it inspired me from this one song that talked about love being a holiday and also I'm a girl so. I also go by "Vipers Love" which is where it's just basically a poisonus kiss from someone or something like that, well thats what I thought of. Thats where some of my user names came from.~^^

6. OkamiBW

OkamiBW Member

OkamiBW (2007-present) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My all-time favorite username I've had. I use it on various sites/forums such as YouTube, Smashboards, 8WayRun, here obviously, etc. Firstly, it's not derived from the game. In fact, I haven't even played Okami nor Okami 2. I plan to though. Back in summer of 2007, while in Las Vegas with my friend, we were browsing around the shops late at night. There was one sushi restaurant that we were passing by, when my friend and I decided to ask the Japanese word for wolf, which relates to my prior name. They told us it was "Okami" and wrote out for me on a piece of paper. For awhile I spent time practicing the kanji until I could write it. At any rate, I've loved this name dearly, and some who know me in real life actually call me Okami (though they're usually smashers).

BlackWolf84 (2004-2007) [​IMG][​IMG]
    When I first got Xbox Live in the middle of 2004, I was trying to think of a name I could use. One of my neighborhood/school friends had the name zzblacknight. Another had just started using BlkDragon57. I decided to follow the same pattern, by using the color Black paired with an animal (such as knight or dragon). I decided to choose my favorite animal, the wolf. I've always liked the concept of the wolf because it's a creature that's not domestic, is a hunter, often lives in the snow, and can hunt solo or in a pack. My ideal concept of a wolf is not that of the nursery tales (like Little Red Riding Hood), but rather that of a majestic image such as the anime Wolf's Rain. I've used BlackWolf as a screenname on the N forums starting May 28, 2005, as well as in my character names in the French MMORPG Dofus.

Vulpix (2010-present) [​IMG]
    Simply put, Vulpix is my favorite pokemon. Foxes are my second favorite animal. Currently this is my secondary account. Vulpix is the only pokemon for which I have all 6 base stats memorized. (Though I have a lot of Speed and Attack stats memorized for various pokemon)

KitsuneBW (2007-present) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My tertiary account. Kitsune means fox in Japanese. 狐
    Also was used in Dofus.

(2010-present) [​IMG]
    Provided you read the opening story, you understand that this is the kanji for wolf. This is my quaternary account on PO.

Shinigamiryuk (2007-2008) [​IMG]
    A Dofus-only screenname that refers to the Death God Ryuk from Death Note.

These are the main screennames I've used. The icons refer to the primary games I've used them for.

Also proud to post right after LadyHoliday. :)

7. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm almost certain there was a topic just like this already. Huh.

Anyway, no prizes for guessing the inspiration for this username. I started using this back on NetBattle 0.9.6 in 2007. I started using it at the same time a friend of mine started using Professor Rowan. There was a Birch and Elm, but the guy that was Birch was a bit of a dick, and Elm ended up being completely inactive on NB, but he was a cool guy.

Before that, I was (and still am) Scott TM. It's my first name with what would be a trademark sign if I could be bothered to find one and use it. Most forums don't allow you to do so anyway. Anyway, I can't remember when I started using Scott TM, but it was my original alias on NetBattle. Practically nobody remembers me from my Scott TM days, and almost everyone that does know me from NB knows me as Professor Oak.

I do have a few other aliases, although they are nowhere near as common as the aforementioned aliases. I have a couple of secret aliases. I'd tell you them... but they're secret.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  8. Team Forretress

Team Forretress Member

Well, I've gone by a number of aliases.
    My first was Jay2645. When I was about 8, I made an account for the first website I ever made an account for, Lego.com. I tried to just use "Jay" for my username, but it said that it was already taken and added a bunch of numbers into it.
    I never trusted the internet to save my passwords back then, so I entered it manually every time I logged on, and the numbers got stuck in my head.

After that, it was PikaPika over at the Serebii forums. That one was unoriginal and didn't fit when I moved away from Pokemon, so I dropped it for "Jay2645" again.

As I got into making 3D models, vehicles, levels, bipeds, etc. for the computer game "Halo", I changed it once again to "English Mobster" (based off of an injoke that spawned when I cussed by best friend out in a thick English accent), and I stuck by it for a long while (~2005-2011).

Moving on to my next big obsession, I used "Jay2645" as a placeholder while I thought of a new name. I made a team centered around Forretress, called it "Team Forretress" (after the game "Team Fortress 2"), and liked it enough I started using the name for all of my teams.

9. Amarillo Caballero

Amarillo Caballero Member

I've told many of you since I get asked all the time. (Mostly by Spanish speakers who recognise the incorrect grammer) This name is a reference to the Pokemon Special Manga, known as Adventures in english, where Blue tries to call Yellow Yellow Cowboy as a secret alias. Well, the Japanese manga writers screwed up the translation. What should have said Vaquero Amarillo was written as Amarillo Caballero which literally means Knight Yellow. In this case Yellow is the noun and Knight is describing the yellow. Basically, I'm insulting the Pokemon Special writers for being bad at Spanish.

Lastly, no I don't know spanish, I took 3 years of it in high school and can read it decently but will screw up if I try to write it.

10. Tears of tomorrow

Tears of tomorrow In the dead of days

Oh well, Tears in Heaven is my gf's favorite song, so it is a way to feel near to her even when playing PO. I have also a Dark Side account, but I made it just for the lulz, and I rarely use it now...

11. person6445

person6445 → Find_Battle_Button ←

Person6445
    About 5 years ago, I went over to a friend's house. He showed me this cool online game, and he wanted me to play as well. When it came time to come up with a user name, I couldn't think of one. I was still a small kid at the time, so I didn't want to have anything really personal out there. Then I figured, "why not 'person?' Can't get more discreet than that!" Unfortunately, "person" was taken. When it gave more examples, "person6445" was the first one. I just picked it and stuck with it. I use person6445 on EVERYTHING online. I kinda like it :3

Find_Battle_Button
    This is other main alt. I came up with this not too long ago. In the main chat, there would always be so many people asking "HOW DO I BATTLE? OMG I'M SO CONFUSED- to which everyone replied "use the find battle button." At the time, I was looking for a name for a testing alt. So I went with it. It still gets some lol's every now and then.

12. fidgety

fidgety Active Member

well mine will make sense to anyone who is familiar with some of smogon's better know projects CAP (Create A Pokemon). when i downloaded my shoddy battle some 14-15 months ago i couldn't register to the smogon server, i gave up for a time eventually after more issues registering i decided to try to get on the CAP server instead. no issues here, except i needed a username i had been considering sandstreamer as tar has been my favorite poke since i started playing back in gen 2, but i decided against. i chose fidgety because i was in theme with the server as there was a CAP called fidget and i personally have serious issues sitting still unless i'm extremely focused generally there is this unoticably small amount of motion. haven't changed since the only reason i would is to cut my final tie to smogon but the username has grown on me quite a bit.

interesting thing to note is that i've had like 2 people ever (aka 10 months) comment on this both since i started po so that shows how well 1 letter can hide the reference.

13. xgina

xgina : )

someone on another forum i went to decided to change my name to Xgina Warrior Princess and it kind of stuck

14. Mr Beanblob

Mr Beanblob New Member

Mr Beanblob was (and still is) my username for Club Penguin, and I used it for pretty much every forum I've joined. :p

15. Wrong Forum Bro

Wrong Forum Bro New Member

My username is identical to that of the usernames I have chosen for the other two forums I reside in.

16. t3 the third

t3 the third Member

My name is my initials and a really messed up story...back in Shoddy, I was t3, but then shoddy shut down, after a few months, found PO, made account t3 again...the account broke, went to t3 the second and i lost the password for that won...end. I AM THE POWER OF T.

17. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Like A Virgin

Well, i have a friend that knows the Graphic Designer over at Game Freak. also i LOVE Ken Sugimori's Artwork

18. Float

Float Member

Curse: epic word plus name on various gaming stuff
    Float: randomness
    Buoyant: Comes from float
    Whimsicott: epic pokemon

19. Grasseh

Grasseh I swear I'm not mafia!

My name got a small story... I was on a online game called Pokemon Redsteel(Not existing anymore). I was actually a Bulbasaur(go wonder, Venusaur is my favourite poke), as you could be either a trainer or a pokemon. One day, Rose(female trainer) wanted to catch me and I agreed. Having no idea what nickname I wanted, I let her choose and she chose GrassGiant, which I really liked and still am using. I got known on that game, was friend with the owner and mods, I passed most of my days chatting with them. the only thing was that GrassGiant is kind of long if you want to talk to someone so they had to use nicknames for my nickname.

Most of the people started calling me GG. Others called me Grass and few others called me Giant(but I hated being called Giant so I asked them not to call me like that. Then, people calling me Grass started calling me Grassy(I bet you're seeing where I'm going with this :P) as it's a bit more fancy. Then, add on ~ at the end for a cooler effect. Finally, rarely, some people called me Grasseh~(even fancier...or just for fun). After around 2 years of playing PRS, I got promoted to Mod, but only one month later, the game closed but I kept the nickname as a memory.

My alts are actually GrassG,GrassGiant or very rarely, GGiant, on sites were the word a** is prohibited for being in names,

Grasseh~

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  20. For The Troll

For The Troll Banned

Why this Username?

I was for the win(ftw) on the server and having so much fun then after 5/6 months a guy that i like too many(no homo lol)who is drigger posted on the server"FTT=for the troll,new internet word"then i pick this name and there is me :D
    Soo,say why this is your username and what he mean(also for the guys who have number on username,tell why this number)

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  21. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

I used to play Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Where i got a reputation for being quite risky and going for quick wins and sometimes pulling them off (most of the time i didnt but those were never posted on forums =P). So my nickname was Lightning or Flash (=fast). The forum i was on shut down and the players disbanded so i looked for pastures new. A friend told me about shoddy battle.
    So at first on shoddy my name was Lightningbolt. But i was noob, kept asking stupid questions in main chat, got flamed to hell and kicked a few times without knowing what i was doing wrong.
    I decided i needed a new name so i went for Flash. I was a bit more quiet, lurked forums, tried new tiers and when i felt i was pretty good i decided to create a new alt.
    I fused the two previous names to make Flashbolt.

i probably could have written that in a lot less words.

(what if i told you all that was a lie and i just chose a name that sounded cool?)

22. badalcristiano

badalcristiano Member

badalcristiano- My name + Cristiano Ronaldo's first name
    Badal- My name.

23. Kogent

Kogent UltimatePokemonChallenge

PO Trainer Name:
    Kogent
    I played this game called Kogent Knight when I was like 9. It was fun, but not one of those super fun games... I made an account on Runescape called Kogent9made alot of friends on there then quit cause it got boring <--- Great reason huh? I had just made that account after playing Kogent Knight and I couldn't think of anything else btw :P

And because I couldn't think of anything when first joining PO I used this name because after using Kogent on RS I actually liked it and it stuck w/ me.

24. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

Oho, this is a long story. Well, I played a game called "Club Penguin" a LONG time ago. Because the game is winterthemed, I started out with "Ice". And of course, I am a dude, so I added that. My middle initial is "y", so I added that in the middle. 68 was my lucky number (no, not 168), so I added that onto the end. I used it for several other games/websites, until it was deleted on one of them. I added a "1" in front of "68", and so became my trademark. This is where it gets interesting. I later found out that "168" means "prosperous all the time" in mandarin Chinese (which I speak). That's pretty cool. Also, I have seen in official documents (especially in school) where they put your name as "Lastname, Firstname Middle initial". Coincidentally, this fit "cey" perfectly! So I can say "I, cey" as stating my name. In addition: "I cey" sounds like "I see" so it can mean I see a dude with a prosperous path in front of him. If I look in the mirror. Just trivia :D

25. Bazz

Bazz I'm not active anymore.

I started off with Jasmine003 because my girlfriend was named Jasmine at the time, then stuff changed, and I became -Bazz- since I play the bass. Inspired a little by Ampharos with the hyphens lol. Then, after a while, I decided that I was more mature (lol) than that, and changed it to Bazz. Then, I joined the Soul clan, and I've been Bazz on the simulator since.

26. Kazuchika Okada

Kazuchika Okada Member

I started off with my real name in Netbattle (February 2005). After I started watching WWE, I changed my name to The Hurricane (a former WWE wrestler). After a week or two, I started reading some manga on the webs and there was this character called Jin who I started liking very much c: So, once again, I changed my name to Jin - The Hurricane.
    I used this for around 3 weeks and by April 2005, one of my friends recommended me the name Jin Of The Gale. Gale was a synonym for Hurricane and thats how I started using this.
    Then I joined a few clans in NB. I used (Fear)Jin Of The Gale [Fear Clan], (3XILED)Jin Of The Gale [3XILED Clan] and then (Soul)Jin Of The Gale [Soul Kingdom].
    After NB's death, I came to PO. I was unable to use [Soul] Jin Of The Gale as it was too long, so I shortened it to . Thats how I ended up here :)

My alts: Jin Of The Gale, Jinny, Jinnie, Jin, Mexican Cheese, MC, Furian, SoD, Big Red Monsta, Tyson, Hiro Granger, etc

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  27. LyraOfNewBark

LyraOfNewBark Member

I feel like i Should post in this cause, I really dun know why

Anyway, It may seem simple as that, But It's really a long story. So As all of you may know I haven't been to PO for very Long, Must be around 3-4 months. I'm a major fan of G/S/C.. SO I Said.. Why not Ethan? And so I did ethan, I had the name [NU] Ethan for a period of time, about a week or two, not sure... then I noticed the huge amount of talk about faking girls.. And since I have studied the girl nature and have become natural to it,(Yes I am an Attention Whore, I don't like being by myself, I need someone to talk too) I decided I should make a Fake Girl Account. Lyra was taken, SO I just added LyraOfNewBark. So now since I posted my real ID in the Photo Albums, I'm now known as another Fake Girl! =D But to be honest, I really don't mind cause I reached the goal with that name.. I can easily change it now.. But it doesn't feel right for some reason

This is the only Name Along with [NU] Ethan I used Way Back.

28. Serpentine

Serpentine Member

I usually go by Crimson Paradox, or Paradoxal Visionz. But both names were too long for Mafia. So me and my friend started brainstorming names that wouldn't be taken. We found a surprising amount. My favorite animal is the snake, and I was listening to a song called "Serpentine" so I went with that. And lo and behold, there you go. I had another name on PO before all this but it will not be shared.

29. YAYtears

YAYtears Professional Noob Haxors

Because YAY looked like a sad face with the Y's looking like tears and the A looking like a mouth.
    My alt kidsexchange was something I got from japanese school and I thought it was cool.

30. Xisthriu

Xisthriu New Member

I rolled my face across my keyboard. Fer srs.

I created Sifira for an irl game my friends and I played when I was about 10, and I made Xisthriu a few years ago after a friend asked me what I would call myself if I was a super-villain (how are you gonna find me if you can't say or spell my name? >:3). My other aliases are usually taken from characters in books .

31. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

My forum username derived from the fact that, at the time of creating this account, I was reading through some lyrics (of which song I am yet to remember), and I decided that they were quote interesting. After doing some quick research, the word poignant consistently cropped up, and since I required a username at the time, I simply decided to use "PoignantLyrics", as it had a nice ring to it, and was relevant to the situation I was in at the time. My various different simulator names derive either from manga (mostly Naruto), or incredibly random words which come to mind at the time of creating an alt (Iridium, for example).

32. Bamarah

Bamarah "Baton Pass Elite"

Mine is just an anagram for my real name.....*Use your brain to figure it out, lol*

I also use to have Master as part of my name but dropped it as there was a lot of people that had Master in their names already.

33. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

My first nick on internet chat was IronMan back in '05 after one of my favourite songs ever from Black Sabbath. Since then I've used Paragon, HighwayStar, Sephiroth, Golbez, Doofy (as a joke) but of course my longest running would be Ozma. Which is taken from a notorious secret superboss in Final Fantasy IX.

34. Eleyem

Eleyem New Member

Well started out in NetBattle waaaay back in like 2006 as Limonka, that was because of the game Black, and the Russians would shout "Limonka!" whenever you threw a grenade, it's literal translation being Lemon. I liked it and it kinda stuck, everyone shortened it down to Lim though, "Sup Lim" was a common phrase on PokeRealm back then on the servers so it became that.

I retired for like 3 years and got back into Gen 5 but wanted something else and Eleyem is basically LIM but pronouncing each letter, I liked that so went with it. Also known to roam with Gabriursa, my middle name (Gabriel) add my favourite poke (Teddiursa), that's my test/troll team name.

35. TM38

TM38 New Member

So, when I was like 10, I needed a name that I could remember. So, I picked the last alphabetical state, (Wyoming) and the last 3 letters on the keypad (789). Thus, my old name was born, Wyoming789. Occasionally, it was shortened to Wyoming, and once, when Wyoming789 was taken, (Stupid gmail.) I used Wyoming7890. This, however, was a crappy name, because it was made by a 10 year old, obviously.
    Then, around a little bit over a year ago, I wanted to get a new, less stupid name. I took a random number between 1-50, and took it. Luckily, I got a good TM, and not one of those crappy ones (Here's looking at you, Flash.) So, that't my story, and that's about it. Yep.

36. Viderizer

Viderizer Admin/Developer

Oh, I played Club Penguin too... (with username Ellyppi. Google Search results: 1,440)
    Viderizer (Google Search: 2,850)
    Viderizer came, when I was creating a new YouTube account at my friend. I wanted it to sound a bit like "Video" So I took "Vide" from it; I tried to fit endings to it;
    Videam Videman Vides etc. But only Viderizer sounded cool, so I stuck to it, using it nearly everywhere.

Intresting Fact about Viderizer;

My friend hates the name Viderizer :confused:

Other Nicknames:

AuraStorm

MasterOfFoo

QuX

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  37. aron101

aron101 New Member

I got my username from my two favourite things. Aron+101. My favourite pokemon is Aron, I find it cute and awesome. I also like teaching people the true logic behind it. Then the name Aron101 was born, 101 meaning the basics or a lesson.

38. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    When I first got Xbox Live I needed a cool Gamertag and some friends and I were watching Wacky Races. I thought Dastardly sounded really cool as a name, so I went with it... I just didn't realize I had spelled it wrong. After that I was too poor to change it, and I started using it everywhere. Its turned into a neat handle; even with the spelling error. :3

39. Chispy

Chispy Member

Welp, I've had many usernames. Let's start from waaaaay back when I was 11.

I had to make a username for Games.com and I had a huge ego. I wanted something that was adjective noun number just because it sounded cool.
    Thus was born: perfectpro50

Next was around 13 when I first started using IRC. I had to come up with something new on the spot, and the first thing on my mind was Ocarina of Time. I combined the first two things that popped into my head: hero character and favourite item.
    Thus was born: Linkshot
    In fact, this is still my main nickname.

Then, since I made a bad rep for myself, I wanted to mask my nickname (didn't know about hostmasks back then). I wanted something that seemed complicated, and the new Mario RPGs were fresh and new, so I took Mario and Luigi then mashed them.
    Thus was born: MLauriigoi

After that I had a friend named alias Green and he used it because he likes green Yoshis, so I matched him.
    Thus was born: Yellow

EarthBound fandom kicked in when I joined Starmen.net.
    Thus was born: Fobby

After a bit of that, I switched back to using Linkshot. Though I really wanted a new alt, I came up with something that expressed how I was feeling depressed by trying to stay optimistic for my friends. I wanted something meaning "dim light" in butchered French.
    Thus was born: Luminoit

Now we get to the meat of this. I wanted to make a Pokemon RP char based off of my love for the Underground. I decided to merge a tool with something ghostly. People said that they only saw the "puke" part of it. So I fleshed it out and gave him three names like a normal person.
    Thus was born: Chispukel -> Chisapin Petrol Eukalei -> Chispy
    I use this anywhere Pokemon is the main subject. It is officially my (general) alt name as nobody ever knows what it means and it makes everybody hungry.

Oh, and my avatar is my Minecraft skin, based on what I think Chisp would look like.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  40. Meliora

Meliora bubble tea ♥

I have a few names I go by so I'll explain how I got each one of them... (I have others but these are the ones I use on this site/game)
    Meliora: I was looking at a list of Latin phrases and this sounded pretty, it means "better things".
    Mayushii: In Steins;Gate (an anime I like) there's a character named Mayuri, but she goes by Mayushii and since I like the sound of that as well as the character.
    Miriamelle: Just made this up I guess, I like unique sounding names but not so much they seem too strange to be a name.
    Meola: Made this one up too, as you can guess I like names that start with M.
    On top of that my real name is Madisyn (but I go by Maddy) so I like that name too!