1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

If Pokemon Were Real

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Harry, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Harry

Harry Banned

I know this is an overused concept, but I'm really interested. If you were gonna have a team IRL, name the 6.
    Mine would definitely start with Salamence, but idk where it'd go from there. What about you?

And for clarification: This is not about stats, abilities, etc. Just like, I'd love to have a salamence because it's incredibly bad-ass and awesome looking. And it can fly.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Erebos

Erebos Banned

Is it implied that we're ignoring "competitive pokemon" and assuming a more "anime/manga - style" pokemon, where Pikachu can OHKO Rhydon/Onix with Thundershock? Because otherwise, people would just want their competitive teams :P

3. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Depends on what you use your pokémon for :o
    I mean Rotom would be cool cos then he could just take control of electric things :D

4. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

Rotom would be great, as it can transform to every forme. Like, wanna wash something? Change it to Rotom-W. :3

5. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    I'd love a Ditto. That'd be soooo funny.

6. Marche Radiuju

Marche Radiuju crush it casually

PO Trainer Name:
    Juggler
    Onix, Arcanine, Banette/Haunter, Grumpig, Butterfree, Tropius.

You know this team would make life awesome.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. Darkness

Darkness DN

I would love to see Lugia for real.

8. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

without going legendary, my would probably be:
    Ditto - obvious.
    maybe Castform - got to love having weather control. same will go for eq users (wahahaha.. yeah I got issues).
    probably Celebi - I can sure use some time travel capabilities, even without a rewrite option.
    maybe Unown - Transdimensional travel can be interesting too.
    Gardevoir - Teleport, Hypnosis, Future Sight, trick, Telepathy, so many possibilities (not even counting the... better not go there ^^).
    maybe Shedinja - obvious.
    maybe Porygon - - got to have so useful cyberspace potential.
    and definitely Smeargle - remember in the anime there is no 4 move limit ! could end up knowing all moves in existence (with the proper training).

9. Harry

Harry Banned

Err.. Editing cause these are 'tarded :3

10. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

If pokemon were real it would be so easy to make a career choice right now :P

11. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    If Pokemon were real, you'd have Groudon, Vulpix and Ninetales causing Droughts, Kyogre and Politoed causing heavy rain to fall everywhere, Tyranitar, Hippopotas and Hippowdon causing terrible sandstorms and Snover and Abomasnow causing terrible blizzards.

Meanwhile, everything would be causing Earthquakes to happen, multiple volcanic Eruptions would be happening, Hurricanes and Twisters would be everywhere, and you'd have Dragons going on an Outrage.

Not to mention the large amount of Hyper Beams searing the sky, Draco Meteors obliterating the earth, Darkrai dragging you into the Dark Void, Dialga reshaping time with his Roar of Time, Palkia changing space with Spacial Rend, Aggron eating mountains - say goodbye to Everest, people being put under spells through Hypnosis and people dying after hearing a Pokemon's Perish Song.

Add to that the widespread paralysis, poison, confusion, attraction, Intimidation, burns, sleep and freezings, people flinching to everything, Trick Room, Arceus casting Judgement upon us all (THERE IS A GOD!), Magikarp... err... splashing around..., Ghost types running around casting Curses and Nightmares, Zap Cannons being fired everywhere and critical hits making us all "faint"...

No, Pokemon being real would suck.

Ignoring all that, I'd like Mew.

12. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

lol at Oak...

But yeh we are not Ash who never really seemed to get burned to death by Charizard's Flamethrower but that same flame could cause anything else to burn...

Sometimes when i walk down the street of my country i wuould imagine what type of pokemon would be in my region... Like fire types around the volcano, lots of water types in the oceans (I live in the Caribbean) a some Pansage and Simisage we got lots of monkeys :D

Oddly I had this fantasy where i found a Larvitar egg then I started my journey and continued on and got a Pupitar and it evolved into Tyranitar while i was challenging the champion (during the match at a really critical moment) at the Regional league because of love and encouragement lol EPIC...

Reality dictates that governments (which don't seem to exist in the anime unless the world is controlled by Officer Jenny) would wage epic wars with Pokemon yada yada and blah blah chaos etc :/

13. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

How about this. Wild Pokemon would randomly attack people and kill them, because unlike people in the anime, we people are mortal. Everyone would be vegetarian, cos Blaziken is too cool, and Magikarp can be cool if it evolves. But I'd like Zoroark to take my place in school.

14. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

i'd use them for WAR!

well other than that, I'd love a geno :3

15. Mattstah

Mattstah Emotional Sickness

Mewtwo. Unique killing machine anyone?

16. Noog

Noog So much potential...

Let's see, if Pokémon were real...

Well, better say good-bye to Earth. Extreme rain, sun, sandstorms and hail would be afflicting the world, space travel would become nearly impossible with Rayquaza patrolling the Ozone layer, Earthquakes happening just about everywhere, people getting slaughtered by random Hyper Beams and Giga Impacts, governments getting broke from repairs, hospitals getting crazy rich from all those visits from people getting injured from stray attacks from the Pokémon battle next door... Yeah...

Then again, let's look on the bright side. New, cheap (*cough*free*cough*) labor would be introduced, airplanes would become obsolete, travel time would increase quite a bit, and... A new source of entertainment, perhaps?

17. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

I dunno, I find it doubtful Pokemon will or even want to bother destroying the world. :P
    For example, Earthquakes would probably impact only the immediate vicinity at a low scale, and there'd be Pokemon around to help make products that work against it anyways (String Shot support glue? Reflect support frames?).

18. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

and we'd also have an unlimited supply of electricity from PIKAS!

19. Plaatinum10

Plaatinum10 だけUbers

PO Trainer Name:
    Plaatinum
    The world would collapse in 2012.

And btw, if we were like people in the anime, we would prolly live forever.

20. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Yellowstone. One really bad earthquake there could theoretically cause a super-volcanic eruption that could end all life on the planet.

21. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Professor Oak
    Or we could have Pokemon help against it. :P
    Goodness knows there isn't much they can't do.

22. チャンピオンワタル

チャンピオンワタル HYPER BEAM!

PO Trainer Name:
    【天龍神】 ワタル
    Charizard (preferably Shiny), Haxorus, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Dragonite, simply because I find this to be an incredibly badass combination of six Pokémon.

23. H.P. Bushido

H.P. Bushido New Member

Look at the bright side, Articuno could minimize the effects of global warming.

24. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

And then Moltres increases it. Yeeeeeeaaaaah.

And let's say team rocket comes and steals all your stuff and the police do a lot of nothing......

25. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

That's primarily because the anime is completely weird.
    The police force would likely have Pokemon too, and would be more organized and better trained than most criminals.

26. Pizza

Pizza I'm so bad at this game.

Metagross, Hydregion, Rotom, Crobat, Rapidash, Mamoswine.

You can't deny this awesome.

27. -Manaphy--

-Manaphy-- Overconsumption

Celebi.

Cross time all the time. Would be pro.

28. KnightOwlAshley

KnightOwlAshley Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    KnightOwlAshley
    I would really like to have a dragonite, umbreon, roserade, absol, milotic and azuril because it's so cute!!! =D

29. Noog

Noog So much potential...

But there will be so many Earthquakes being used that will destroy the world. Have you seen how many Pokémon learn the move?

30. H.P. Bushido

H.P. Bushido New Member

Well, it always seemed to me that the earthquakes Pokémon use somehow have quite a limited perimeter, both in the games and manga. Ah, and the anime too.

31. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Noog
    Not everyone's gonna be using Earthquake, all the time, everywhere. :P

32. twofivefive

Groudon's Earthquake and Marowak's Earthquake would be enough to tear the US in half. Like, literally in half.

33. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Clearly not, if the manga and anime are any indication.
    Although I don't trust the anime, I figure the manga is more accurate as to their power scales.

34. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

Just realized: Not sure if pokemon were real, would that make the series a documentary or reality tv.
    But I think it would make the games look a lot like video games that simulates sports games.

Than all the fossils would say things like:
    "when I was your age we didn't just stayed home and played pokemon games,
    we actually got out to the sun and got some exercise having actual real pokemon battles,
    which were much more complex and fun from your little screen's simulations".

or "don't release the new Dunsparce grandma got you ! Do you now there are people who would wish to have one ?"
    to be replayed by "I agree this was horrible of me. Tell me where they are and I'll teleport it's pokeball right away."

or "if you don't walk your damn Growlithe don't be surprised he's biting you ! If it was me I'd fire fang your ass by now"

or "you just had to bring it with you and ruin a perfectly good picnic didn't you ? next time no Politoed ! couldn't you bring Ninetales today instead of to our last ski trip" ?"

or "man that was a long day, I just wanna sit back and watch some tv" (cause some things will never change ^^).

35. Contest Master Majin

Contest Master Majin Member

Well, I'd have a Tyranitar bodyguard.

I would love to have a Jirachi :3

36. twofivefive

Oh yes, Jirachi. So someone punches you at school and you get Jirachi to flinch-hax them to death with Iron Head. I would love to have Jirachi as well - as a hit-man.

37. Flub

Flub Member

Skarmory would be useless, we can get Spikes ourselves.

38. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

Spikes...

Still, we'd have giant Tentacruels ranting through our city every so often. Also the humans ABOOS magikarps for deciding tourney matches. ._.

39. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Well... We'd all die so quickly because they consumed our resources. Think about that...

EDIT: I JUST REALISED!! EXEGGUTOR / TROPIUS HARVEST. <3 We're not so screwed.

40. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

I'd like a wontcha believe it, Victini!
    Y'know so I can have a friend to hang out with aside from my imaginary friend I just named Fred