1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Gen 5 Other] LU: The Little Ubers (add 5th Gen DW LU prefix please)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by twofivefive, Mar 15, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

The Little Ubers

I. Team building process

[​IMG]
    OMG OMG OMG Ninjask is LU! *evil smile* Baton Pass Abooooooooos time!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ThunderJask Baton Pass Core of Doom, anyone? Priority Taunt is just too cool, and while Thunderus is generally the better choice, as he also has Thunder Wave, his bro will do fine.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Trollpard is also LU, so I threw it in here for fun.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And of course, Marowak is my main sweeper. With a single Belly Drum, Marowak reaches an attack stat of over 2200. Splash would cause tsunamis.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed a secondary sweeper, as I was missing the awesome natural power of Breloom. Absol has a montrous Base 130 Attack stat, equivalent to Breloom's Attack stat. And the best part is it's ability, Super Luck, which scores you ridiculous amounts of Critical Shi--- Hits.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed a Special Sweeper who could easily switch out using Volt Change. Magnezone was the best candidate, as it has amazing Special Attack and good defenses to boot. It also has STAB Volt Change, because I always predict Lampent switches.

So here it is!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

II. Introduction
    I discovered that several of my favorite Pokemon, namely, Ninjask, Magnezone, Absol, and Marowak were all within the LU tier. Having never tried LU myself, I made a team for it, and it has performed quite well, holding its own even in Dream World OU. The only problem I've been having is that if I don't switch my tier to Dream World LU from Wifi, Magnezone disappears. :'(

III. A closer look

[​IMG]
    Tornadus (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Air Slash
    - Psychic/Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Grass)
    Tornadus serves to replace Thunderus, his older brother, in my infamous ThunderJask Baton Passing Core of Doom. The downside of the loss of the secondary Electric typing is a weakness to Electric type moves, so you have to watch out for that. Taunt gets +1 Priority with Prankster, so have fun abusing that. Air Slash is standard STAB, with Flinch-hax just waiting to be abused. Psychic and Dark Pulse are for good coverage, but Flamethrower and a Grass move could easily net me a solid kill on Steel Types and most Rock Types.

[​IMG]
    Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 164 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef / 88 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Well, it's Ninjask! What do you expect from Ninjask? A Special Attacker? Ninjask's role is obvious. Pass silly high boosts to Marowak and Absol, who then proceed to sweep. You can also just pass +6 Speed and a sub to Marowak, who will Belly Drum to make your opponent laugh.

[​IMG]
    Liepard (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Swagger
    - Foul Play
    - Shadow Claw

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! That's all. Kidding, this Liepard is amazing. Set up a Substitute, use Swagger to boost your opponent's Attack to staggering levels, and use Foul Play for the kill. Shadow Claw is for Pokemon that somehow had a Focus Sash or Sturdy intact, so that will finish the knockout.

[​IMG]
    Marowak (M) @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bonemerang
    - Fire Punch
    - Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    - Belly Drum

Belly Drum on Marowak is if Ninjask passed ONLY a Sub and +6 Speed to you. It can really make your opponent laugh so hard that they forget to move. Bonemerang is good STAB, with power equivalent to Earthquake and the ability to break Substitutes, Sturdy users, and Focus Sash holders. Fire Punch is for Steels who you don't want to miss with Bonemerang, and Rock Slide is for Flying types. Stone Edge is an acceptable alternative, but has poor accuracy which you can't afford to lose.

[​IMG]
    Absol (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Super Luck
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Night Slash
    - Hone Claws/Sucker Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Zen Headbutt/Psycho Cut

Absol is so cool, it's ability makes it almost as good as Jirachi. It has access to a bunch of high-critical shi--- (DANGIT I DID IT AGAIN) hit moves, base 130 Attack, and STAB Sucker Punch. Night Slash is my preferred STAB move, Stone Edge is my Rock Type move, to cover Flying Types, Hone Claws is my Accuracy boosting move (though it can be replaced with Sucker Punch for priority) and Zen Headbutt is my current Psychic type move, although I'm trying out Psycho Cut for more hax chance.

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 56 HP / 100 Def / 252 SAtk / 100 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Tri Attack
    - Volt Switch

This guy is the runner. If your opponent has Lampent (or Chandelure if you're playing OU), you want to leave. Volt Switch can let you hit them as they switch, allowing you to go to Tornadus to scare them away. Flash Cannon is good Steel STAB, Thunderbolt is good Electric STAB, and Tri Attack can be replaced, it't a placeholder for neutral damage on most Pokemon.

IV. Conclusion
    This team has proven itself time and time again in LU, UU, and even OU. I haven't laddered much, as not many people play DW LU, but most of the time I get a sure win. The lack of laddering and lack of experience in LU means that I also don't know much of the threats to the team. Please help me compile my threat list.

V. Threat list
    None yet, will compile soon with help from others.

VI. Importable
    [SECRET]
    Tornadus (M) @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Air Slash
    - Psychic
    - Dark Pulse

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 164 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef / 88 Spd
    - Baton Pass
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Liepard (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Swagger
    - Foul Play
    - Shadow Claw

Marowak (M) @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
    - Bonemerang
    - Fire Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Belly Drum

Absol (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Super Luck
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Night Slash
    - Hone Claws
    - Stone Edge
    - Zen Headbutt

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 56 HP / 100 Def / 252 SAtk / 100 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Tri Attack
    - Volt Switch
    [/SECRET]

2. fidgety

fidgety Active Member

magnet pull on zone analyze sucks i know there are only a couple steels in lu but they wall/destroy this team if you can't set up marawak so steel killer will help a lot.

3. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

I'd suggest Scarf on Magnezone, and HP Ice/Fire (Fire for trapping Steels). And like Fidgety said, Magnet Pull is way better than Analyse. On Marowak, I'd suggest a Bulky version. Or a bulkier, as it needs to take hits.

4. twofivefive

Marowak is supposed to utilize Baton Pass, and Analyze on Magnezone is because it's already very slow, and my Nature makes it slower. I will test Magnet Pull, but so far, Analyze is pretty good.

5. For The Troll

For The Troll Banned

Analyze is risked and magnezone can't survive a EQ,nvm
    good team,If tornadus die machamp can sweep your team easily,and actually machamp can be a great B pass taker too.

6. twofivefive

I haven't had much of a problem with Machamp, as +2 Attack +6 Speed Absol kills it with Zen Headbutt. I'm worried about Mach Punch though, it could ruin my day if I mispredict. I might test out Machamp simply to abuse No Guard.

7. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

well anyway, Machamp is going up to UU, if stats are anything to go by. so that's one less problem. (it seems to be why it didn't get suspected)

8. twofivefive

it doesn't even have to be +6 speed. And Hone Claws lets it get to +1 Attack, that should kill it too.

9. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Iceydude
    Machamp doesn't get Mach Punch; only Bullet Punch. :3

Personally, I'd run Psycho Cut for the critical shits and the better accuracy.

10. twofivefive

I'm trying Psycho Cut right now, as Super Luck makes it Critical Sh... Hit quite often.

Moderators: Edna, fsk