1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Odd forum glitch.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Cake, Apr 29, 2011.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Cake

Cake Member

For those of you who don't know if you middle click a link it opens in a new tab. Middle click would be pushing down on the scroll wheel. Well when trying to do so to open a topic it only works if I beat the drop box. To elaborate:
    [​IMG]
    This box drops in like half a second. It's pretty annoying, but kind of minor.

2. Viderizer

Viderizer Admin/Developer

Hmm... Wierd. For me it always comes under my mouse.

3. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Indeed, I can't seem to replicate this myself. It took me a good 5 minutes to find my mouse with the scrollwheel, and the drop box appeared underneath my cursor every time.

What operating system are you running? Just asking as it might help.

4. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

Judging from the screenshot, it's Windows he's using. It might also be browser dependant. Did you try if some other browser works better?

5. Cake

Cake Member

I mainly use Chrome but I do have Firefox installed and did try that. Same happened there. It's likely my resolution. Which is a fail 1360x768. Pretty ironic because I basically bought a 6870 for nothing >_>. Anyways if no one else has the problem them might as well let the topic die.

6. zeroality

zeroality Artificial Insanity

I use FF 4 and Chrome 10. I also tested across Opera, Safari, IE 6/7/8/9 and couldn't replicate this behavior.

If you move your mouse around a little, but stay on the link then the hover should disappear. Otherwise, if it's that annoying then you can browse the lofi version of the forum.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark