1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

I hate George Lucas.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cake, May 20, 2011.

1. Cake

Cake Member

Everyone here has seen at least one Star Wars movie. the original trilogy is great piece of art that will always be great. The new trilogy is one of the most rotten turds to ever make money.

The last(arguably) good thing to come out of Star Wars was Knights of the Old Republic. 1 is a WRPG master piece and 2 was rushed but still good. People eventually modded the second game using content on the disc to restore it to what a "complete" 2 would look like.

In Kotor you could be evil or good. Or take the grey path. I personally prefer being a grey Jedi because I think the Jedi code is flawed and i'm not a dick by nature. Why say this? Because Lucas shit on this as well. He said there were no grey Jedi. There are only good guys and bad guys.

[video=youtube;wgpytjlW5wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU[/video]

Then there is The Old Republic. In these first two games it's 4000 years before the movies. The jedi get nearly wiped out and there are only a hand full of Jedi left yet a mountain of Sith. In the first game you stop the Sith and save the galaxy and all is well. Fast forward 5 years later and you're a different person who has been exiled from the Jedi order and you've lost your connection to the force. You spend the game looking for the Jedi who cast you out to find out what happened to your connection to the force. You also try to find out what happened to the MC after Kotor 1. You learn he went to fight the "True Sith". Then TOR.

Not to mention it's just World of Warcraft with a fucking Jedi skin. You might as well play WoW since the story sucks in TOR. Plus they took a fanbase of 2 games to market an MMO to them and the thing that made them popular is just gone now. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

So yeah if you hate someone free to rant about them here. I hate George Lucas more than Steve Jobs now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
  2. Serpentine

Serpentine Member

[comedy] I hate you for making this thread [/comedy]

3. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

I thought this was going to be a troll thread. Apparently not o.o

4. Cake

Cake Member

I take my Star Wars seriously. Mainly because of how bad it got fucked up by Lucas.

5. Pizza

Pizza I'm so bad at this game.

Skimmed OP. Just want to say that you don't have to take whatever the creator says and run with it, do whatever you want. You're the consumer, do what you want to have fun with the product. I mean, even in the Pokemon community, we don't just take what Nintendo hands us, we mold it to our liking.

6. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

WE WILL MOLD THIS PIKACHU INTO A GARCHOMP

7. Cake

Cake Member

Actually, when the creator has butchered a series past repair and then retcons one of your favorite games and turns it into and MMO then says THERE ARE NO GREY JEDI JUST GOOD AND BAD EVEN THOUGH ONLY SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES LOL.

You try not getting mad.

8. B. Rizzo

B. Rizzo A relic of the past, given new life.

PO Trainer Name:
    B. Rizzo
    Money has a funny way of derailing an entire series.

9. Contest Master Majin

Contest Master Majin Member

I went off Star Wars when Chewie died in a comic.

fml

10. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx the business business

Pft i dont even know who this storto is. Last time i saw a star wars movie was like 2002 which i have no memory of.
    in b4 u hav no lyfe how do u not know dis guy[/HIDE]

11. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

then surely there are only bad and grey; there is no good? that seems to make sense.
    but if you are going to play on words we could get silly with this.
    THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD. ZOMG ONLY SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES. you get the point, dont take too much from the literal meaning.

Nice rant btw, i enjoyed it =)

On Star Wars, i love the original 3 movies. The other 2 were ok.
    (there is also "the-one-that-shall-not-be-named")

12. Cake

Cake Member

Lucas logic is worst logic. But yeah TOR is going to be awful. Kotor is like Mass Effect in the sense that there are choices to be made. TOR claims to also do this. But you have to decide to be good or evil which to be honest, i'm definitely a grey jedi. I don't completely agree with the Jedi code but the "Sith" are just ass holes who can use the force. The true Sith are apparently worse. I'm probably closer to neutral good than neutral as i'll help someone if it's convenient enough/get pulled into the story of the situation but really I just wing it and do what i'd do if it was me. That's the point of role playing games after all. It was kind of pathetic though. There was 0 authority in either of the Kotor games. I know you were bad ass jedi but still. You could kill literally any person possible to kill in a town and get no shit from anyone about it except some of your party members. I doubt this will play into TOR.