1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Mafia 4 - Postgame

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lamperi, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Posting to say I will be going on holiday this week, so won't be able to follow IFM's rands. No biggie, I'm only a townie, the loss of a vote is annoying though.

2. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

Morning comes with two more bodies.

3. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    Oak :O

And we also lost someone that could vote with "triple-power" ¬¬''

No lynch atm.

4. Lamperi

Everybody decided to sleep through the day. No one was lynched. It's night 8 now. You may PM me with your actions.

This phase ends July 8th around 6 PM GMT+0

5. Lamperi

And morning comes bit later.
    Day 8 ends around 10th June 6 PM GMT+3.

6. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Knew it. Anyway last person left is the werewolf of sorts Nightshift. So lynch Nightshift. Sorry on phine so cant bold.

7. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Lynch NightShift

8. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

lynch nightshift

and i have been gone for a couple of days. sorry everyone.

9. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Lynch NightShift.

So we did it guys. :3

10. Lamperi

Angry townspeople attack. Nightshift is beaten to death.
    Night 9 will end on July 12th around 6 PM GMT+0 (afterwards will be back to 36h phases, had busy mornings this week).

11. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Oh...

Derp guess he wasn't the last one.

12. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Herp. Wat do.

13. Lamperi

Morning comes with the stench of death.
    Mestre Nando was wasted by a mutant bee sting.

14. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Lynch Django

He is the most likely to be mafia.

15. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Lynch Django

16. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Lynch Django

Bs hax

17. Lamperi

People decide to lynch Django.
    ----------------------

Mafia realizes they have the upper hand now.

Together Archerknight and Hitmonkerny pull out their guns and shoot IFM and Luck>Skill to death.

MAFIA has won this game. Congratulations especially to Archerknight and Hitmonkerny, mistbit and PoignantLyrics! Special mentions go to PoignantLyrics for being the MVP of Mafia early game.

--------------------------------

You are free to post, congratulate and speculate in this thread. No need to make another thread for postgame :3

18. Yuki Nagato

Yuki Nagato Member

^
    THIS is what threw me off. Whenever i stalked someone at night i always ended up at someone else's house, making most of my info completely useless. And as for Archer, i had stalked him night 1 but he had only spied on Oak and he didn't kill anyone. (nice move btw)

Also, props to Lamperi for making IFM the nerd that lives in his basement. :)

EDIT: Overall, too many townies and not enough good roles.

19. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Yeah that role is what killed Groshi and Charizard.
    I think on paper the village should easily have won but the early fake claim got the mafia plenty of roles.
    Then IFM took over and, frankly, those rands were terrible. Not his fault, he didnt have any cleaning roles except me, whom he killed (with justification i suppose, but he would have done better with me).
    The game looked bad since PL, Insp and BG all died in one night. It was over when i died, i took with me the fact that Archerknight was mafia, which would have helped the village no end. I actually suspected Hitmonkerny and Archerknight but when i found Archer i didnt think the other mafia would have 4 when we only had 3 when there was a third faction.

Id love to just say everything that happened but it would take ages. if anyone wants more talk ill be on the server.

20. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Yay, Mafia win, Mafia MVP, what could be better. Thanks to Mistbit, who set up a document with all the details of every player in there and thanks to PoignantLyrics for the good start giving us most of the people's roles.

To be honest, I didn't know I could kill until the last turn... No joke.

My Spying role was utterly rubbish. I got nothing, apart from "Drigger's death PM".

Good Game.

21. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

Good game, and well played to Hitmonkerny and Archerknight for continuing our momentum until late game.

22. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Yeah Archers role looked bad unless you found the inspector and camped on him, you might be able to find if someone was distracted or cleaned, but wouldnt you just kill them. Hitmonkernys role more than made up for it.

Personally i blame the village more than i give credit to Poignant for the fakeclaim. If anyone was MVP to mafia there it was Grasseh =O. His support made the claim seem so much better. Plus he pretty much guaranteed the vigilante would go down when you were caught (which with an inspector around you would be).
    Also if i was the actual mayor i would have spoken up at that point, that sure would reduce the number of claims you got. Basically i think the success was more luck than good judgement.

23. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    It's worse then that lol. I don't get to see the PMs that they send out, I get to see the PMs they recieve, so even if I camp on the inspector, I still would get nothing unless they got silenced / died etc...

It was good that IFM thought there was only 1 mafia left, so it helped our chances of winning.

A log that I saved with IFM that secured the win:
    [secret](19:54) IFM: ok gut shot
    (19:54) IFM: luck django hitmon
    (19:54) IFM: who do you think it is
    (19:54) Archerknight[Test]: Gut shot?
    (19:54) Archerknight[Test]: Django.
    (19:55) Archerknight[Test]: you?
    (19:55) IFM: haven't decided yet
    (19:56) Archerknight[Test]: lol, its a gut shot.
    (19:56) IFM: well my gut keeps going from one to another to another
    (21:12) Archerknight: Pure pure pure gut instict, who is mafia?
    (21:12) IFM: django is
    (21:12) IFM: i think im sure
    (21:12) IFM: luck was cleaned by marm
    (21:12) IFM: charizard cleaned you
    (21:12) IFM: lamperi basically cleaned hitmon
    (21:12) IFM: that leaves django
    (21:12) Archerknight: :)
    (21:12) Archerknight: Great
    (21:13) Archerknight: So we've won? :)
    (21:13) Archerknight: *Pray that IFM is right*[/secret]

It was lucky that I got "cleaned" by Charizard. :) Even though I didn't know until the very end.

Also, I managed to get info out of IFM about our other enemies (NightShift) and a Bodyguard (Mestre Nando). That helped. It was also good early on that we got the inspector (Marmoteo).

Another Log, about NightShift.
    [secret](18:03) Archerknight: NightShift seems really quiet, suspicions on him.
    (18:03) IFM: he is on our side
    (18:04) IFM: well sorta on our side
    (18:04) Archerknight: What does he do?
    (18:04) Archerknight: (Is he the mafia?)
    (18:04) IFM: yeah
    (18:04) IFM: lol[/secret]
    We, as a mafia were suspicious of him, so this was a good result.

Even earlier on, about Marmoteo.
    [secret](18:48) IFM: and ik the inspector isnt marm
    (18:48) IFM: well either mafia or he is keeping his tounge kept really tight[/secret]
    Earlier, on the same day, IFM had said that Marmoteo was Inspector. Our plans as a mafia were to kill him, but now that would make it look suspicious. So after that comment, we could kill Marmoteo without being suspected.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  24. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Surely if you were spied on the inspector who inspects a target, he receives the targets role PM. As he receives that you also see the Role PM. Then you realise both that you targetted the insp and you get the Role PM of whoever he targeted.
    Actually the same goes for if you found an alliance checker or a stalker. So the ability could have been alot more useful if you hadnt already found most the roles you needed to.
    Regarding the distraction thing, i didnt leave a message when i distracted someone, Purrfection did.

25. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    True.

Didn't think of that. XD

We were organized as a mafia, thanks to mistbit.

26. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

Mistbit definitely organised us. The only thing I did was realise the fact I was essentially useless to the team, and as such, used my role in a way that was helpful to the team. Plus, the real mayor did speak up. He confronted me in PM, and told Grasseh. I just managed to work my way around his role PM. It's even on the thread, lol.

27. Lamperi

Good work mafia, I now realize you really worked as a team – but it's easy when you know your team :-)

28. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Aaaaah. thinks make a little more sense now.
    Still if i were Salvapot i would have claimed in main chat right away. Claiming to the ppl who you suspect doesnt really work. The stuff that happened in the main chat actually led to ppl suspecting Salva for a large part of the game so gg you, poor play Salva for letting that happen.
    If you managed to handle a mayor and make it look like he was the guily one in the main chat then maybe you do deserve the MVP after all.

29. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

Wow ArcherKnight is always a great mafia player. I'm sure he gave poignantlyrics that plan in the 1st place. Great job.

I derped, thats all I will say.

30. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    You suck :D

Well, as 1st forum mafia game ever for me, I'm glad I survived till the end. IFM kept stalking me on the server (lol), but it was funny indeed.

31. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    You timed your killing of me well, Mafia. I'd finally got my suspect list down to this:

Mafia list at this time: NightShift (working with village)
    Suspect list at this time: HitmonKerny, Archerknight

Perhaps this mafia game will finally make people a little more skeptical about giving out role PMs to a random person who has a random role PM.

Also, Taxi Driver? Bartender? REALLY? Come on IFM, how could you not see that they were suspect?

32. Grasseh

Grasseh I swear I'm not mafia!

The thing is, PoignantLyrics Role PM was looking way better than Salva's. The son of the mayor claiming earlier would have helped too, since he had the same amount of votes as Salva and more than Lyrics. That could have helped finding out Lyrics's scumness. But yeah, since it was written village in Salva's PM(and nowhere else in the whole game), Salva had a more suspicious PM. Small mistake but oh well, we're all humans right.

My biggest mistake was wanting the village to be led too much. I was too naive and wanted the village to go up too easily. I thank all PRs that never claimed.

Also, Bnhreshy trolled. Like crazy. He was a Townie. He provided us with this role PM:

Which is pretty much the alliance checker that got bad on Django. But that was only trolling. Sorry Django about that. That could have helped you in the end if he didn't do that, but I'm not sure. We could have also had a better target(terrorist/Wolf).

Luckily enough I didn't live for long (since I was pretty much helping the mafia D: ). I was definitely one of the worse players. Sorry about that, I'l be better next game.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  33. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Props for the honest appraisal.

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. "
    Shakespeare.

And yeah bnherhsy was a massive troll which was the sole reason that django came under so much pressure midgame and perhaps subconsciously caused him to be randed at the end.

When i died my list was
    Nightshift: confirmed
    Archerknight: sure
    Hitmonkerny: suspect
    Mestre Nando: suspect

Its a shame IFM (i guess it was Nightshift on IFMs orders) killed me. I could have majorly helped the village. For anyone i havnt spoken to much, at the end i was helping the village off my own back, i had no chance of winning after both my teammates got killed early.

Also about Archer, it seems IFM had info from Charizard that cleaned Archer. I think what we are seeing is that the whole game was built around the Redirector. His ability lead the village to kill Groshi, then Charizard and clean a mafia. And thats just two of his night actions, i would like to know exactly what Hitmonkerny did each night. Behind the scenes he ran the game.

Hitmonkerny is the MVP in my book.

34. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

Ok, could you cease the obvious vendetta? Yeah, it was my second forum mafia game, but that doesn't mean I didn't know what I was doing. I had actually started to convince Grasseh I was clean and tried to lead the village before consulting ArcherKnight about anything, the only help I was given was double checks of my fake role PM, and another suggested role PM, which Archer ended up modifying and using himself.

35. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Not that it matters, but I remember you asking me something along the lines of: "This may sound stupid, but do you think I should try and lead the villagers?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still, I credit you for having the guts to risk yourself going undercover and risking yourself for the mafia. :)

For me, the hardest part about winning the game was the end. It was crucial that we got the end right. A PM I sent to Hitmonkerny, if you want to read about it. :p
    [secret](19:54) IFM: ok gut shot
    (19:54) IFM: luck django hitmon
    (19:54) IFM: who do you think it is
    (19:54) Archerknight[Test]: Gut shot?
    (19:54) Archerknight[Test]: Django.
    (19:55) Archerknight[Test]: you?
    (19:55) IFM: haven't decided yet
    (19:56) Archerknight[Test]: lol, its a gut shot.
    (19:56) IFM: well my gut keeps going from one to another to another

3 Villagers, 2 Mafia.

It's day time. Time to lynch. They need the majority to lynch, so lets hope one of them is inactive.

Obviously, if they Lynch Django, go ahead with the lynch. IFM only thinks there is 1 bad guy left, but that is irrelevant.

IF they lynch you, lynch back and try to come up with a good persuasion (with correct grammar and spelling, as it helps) that IFM is the last bad guy. e.g. bad lynches.

Then, we wait for the others to vote. If only one of them votes you, we can leave it because they don't have the majority. The bad thing is, if I don't vote, IFM will get suspicious.

If the worst happens, and you're voted off, IFM will probably think that the last mafia is either Luck>Skill or Django. Lets just hope IFM gets this gut shot wrong and doesn't go for you. If he does go for you, we may be screwed.[/secret]

If you were wondering, this is why I pushed IFM for the gut shot.

A funny moment:
    [secret]1. IFM told me about a stupid mafia, who had revealed his partner to him. IFM claimed to have said that he convinced this mafia that they were a villager.
    I was shocked, as there was just me, mistbit and hitmonkerny at this point. IFM had said Mafia, and I thought that meant us. Furthermore, Hitmonkerny had told me that he had contacted IFM previously.

Turns out it was Ok, after I sent a mental PM to my partners asking to confirm they didn't tell IFM about that they were mafia and a partner.[/secret]

36. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

Not really, I worked with Archer before and he is really good. NO Vendetta at all meant by that last statement. I just have to look out for you as a power player in the future :3.

37. bnhershy

bnhershy Member

that role pm that i made up was sent to poignantlyrics sooooooo, in reality, i took a bullet for the village and trolled the exact person who trolled so many of you

not to mention, IFM was advised by me that i was trolling. so you can't blame any false suspicions on me :p

38. KoolrideR

KoolrideR New Member

What'd I tell you?
    TOLD YOU ARCHER WAS MAF.

39. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

So at the end I thought there was one mafia left and I had narrowed it down to Hitmonkerny and Django. Luck>Skill was for sure clean and I thought Archer was mainly clean from Charizard24's info. So I decided that I should probably go with a Django Lynch. Obviously that didn't work.

Anyway that game was fun and I was probably the best player on the mafia team :D

My rands sucked I guess so well played mafia, I was too eager to get the game moving and in the end that cost me.

40. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

I derped.

Badly.

That's all.

Oh and congratulations to mafia. I had no idea whatsoever who was mafia :x

I also thought *insert good user here* was bad. Silly me.