1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] Victini

Discussion in 'Gen 5 UU' started by twofivefive, Jul 9, 2011.

1. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

[​IMG]

Victini
    Type:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Base Stats
    HP: 100
    Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Special Attack: 100
    Special Defense: 100
    Speed: 100

Overview:
    Victini is that new pseudo-legendary that 5th Gen introduced. At first glance it's fairly average. Base 100 stats across the board is nice for bulky attacking, but Victini lacks recovery. It has a decent Special movepool, including its signiture move, Searing Shot, which is a great move with its 100/100 power, but is horrid against stall because of its 5 power points. It's Physical movepool is decent as well. FIre STAB moves, Wild Charge, U-Turn, Zen Headbutt (though Psycho Cut is better), Quick Attack for priority. All in all, Victini is pretty average.

Kidding.

[​IMG]

V-Create is the move that defines Victini. A horrifying 180 Base Power, decent accuracy, and... the drawback isn't even that bad! It drops your Defense, Special Defense, and Speed all 1 stage, which is ok because you can spam it all day in Trick Room, and keep nuking stuff until your PP runs out or they own you with priority. Victini wouldn't even be half as broken as it is today without V-Create. Seriously, anything that doesn't resist it 4x is gonna HATE switching into Nuketini's V-Create. Add a Choice Band, and Sunny Day for good measure, and you'd better hope for low damage roll, because you're gonna get completely destroyed by V-Nuke if you aren't resistant/immune.

Sets

Choice Band Nuke
    [SECRET]
    Victini @ Choice Band
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - U-turn
    - Quick Attack / Zen Headbutt

I've used this as my lead before, and it usually gets 1-2 kills per game, unless the opponent lacks a check. Then I can end up completely trashing them, just by using V-Create, switching, then using it again. Wild Charge is to hit bulky Water types that will take less damage from V-Create. U-Turn is for scouting, and the last move is filler. Quick Attack for revenge killing, Zen Headbutt for extra STAB against stuff like Poliwrath.
    [/SECRET]

TNT with a Scarf
    [SECRET]
    Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - U-turn
    - Zen Headbutt

It's about the same thing, but with a Scarf for better revenge killing. This set functions as a more U-Turn oriented lead, due to Choice Scarf allowing you to outspeed most other leads.
    [/SECRET]

And now for something completely different: a bomb with glasses!
    [SECRET]
    Victini @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunder
    - Shadow Ball / Psychic / Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Ice] / Focus Blast

Specstini. It hits less hard, but it's unexpected. Fire Blast is awesome STAB, Thunder is coverage, last two moves are filler. Shadow Ball - Focus Blast grants perfect coverage at the cost of Focus Miss, and Hidden Power [Ice] - [insert Psychic STAB here] will grant you psuedo-BoltBeam, resisted only by Lanturn, but you get a secondary STAB move to hit Lanturn with.
    [/SECRET]

Life Orb Support
    [SECRET]
    Victini @ Life Orb
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Brick Break/U-turn/taunt
    - Zen Headbutt

Support / Life Orb set. V-Create is strong STAB, Fusion Bolt is coverage, third move is filler. Zen Headbutt is other STAB.
    [/SECRET]

Final Gambit lead
    [SECRET]
    Victini @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - U-turn
    - Final Gambit

This set utilizes Final Gambit. Pretty much gives you a free KO if pulled off right. Everything else is unnecessary, except U-Turn.
    [/SECRET]

Partners to Victini:
    [​IMG]
    Claydol provides the essential move Rapid Spin. Since Victini will be switching out quite often (often when it's KO'd something and the opponent sends in a check to try and revenge kill), entry hazards such as Spikes and Stealth Rock limit Victini's usage greatly. Claydol also provides a resist to Rock moves, and an immunity to the ever-common Earthquake. However, sharing the Psychic type with Victini means you need a different Pokemon to sponge Ghost and Dark moves, as well as Water moves (due to Fire and Ground sharing a Water weakness).
    [​IMG]
    Blastoise also provides Rapid Spin, as well as the ability to sponge up Water moves and strike back with its own Special Attacks.
    [​IMG]
    V-Create gets trolled by Focus Sash and Sturdy, so you want entry hazards to break that. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are incredibly useful to wear down Water and Rock types that will come in to sponge V-Create.

Discuss Victini.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Lolipop_Testing

Lolipop_Testing New Member

Might wanna mention Final Gambit, though it's pretty gimicky in my opinion

3. Django

Django UNCHAINED

I think you are exaggerating Victinis power a tad, even the Choice Band set fails to break through many of the Most used Pokes in the tier. V-Create does 50% max to a max Def Milotic, which is impressive, but will not be breaking it any time soon. Wild Charge can't even KO, coming in at 67% max. This is assuming Marvel Scale is not Active.
    Consider also that 2 of the top 5 Pokes have Intimidate, (Arcanine and Hitmontop), and both will ruin Vicutini with priority. V-Create caps out at 34% against Bulky Arcanine, not breaking it anytime soon. And there is always Flash Fire. It also cannot KO Bulky Hitmontop if they are using Intimidate, but this is rare. It still checks it due to Fake Out and Sucker Punch however.
    Donphan is also in the top 5, is not KO'd by V-Create and will KO with Earthquake. The last member of the top 5 is Nidoking, who can Revenge kill with or without a Scarf, and can use Sucker Punch to beat Victini. Continuing down the usage statistics, Blastoise, Ambipom, Scarfhera, Slowbro and Suicune are all decent checks. These are all above Victini in the statistics, so it is having a hard time breaking down common teams.

You failed to mention Victinis major weakness: Stealth Rock. Taking 25% damage everytime you switch in is not enjoyable, especially for a Choice user who will often have to hit and run. Not to mention V-Create often forces it to switch. It is also Pursuit weak, meaning it can easily be trapped after something has died. The Scarf set doesn't fare much better simply due to the lack of power and the fact V-Create drops speed. Residual damage really hurts Victini.

The Specs set also cannot do much to get past Snorlax, having to rely on Focus Blast hitting twice, providing the opponent doesn't switch.

Basically Victini lacks really significant power in the UU metagame but can still fulfill a role with necessary support. It appreciates having entry hazards up and a very weakened opposing team, as this is its best shot at a sweep.

EDIT: if this was ment for DW UU then some of the same checks such as Arcanine still apply, but others such a Milotic do not.

4. 114

114 Guest

At a glance Victini seems too powerful for UU. However, if you play the metagame a lot you'll see that it is fully adapted to it and it's brother darmanitan.

Although, Fusion Bolt is now going to replace Wild Charge! That's a pretty big change, allowing it to do more to milotic/suicune/billions of other water types in UU and not lose damage to recoil.

Fusion bolt def. needs to replace wild charge in the sets listed

5. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'd like to mention that Searing Shot is a poor option - Fire Blast might have lower accuracy and the same PP and burn chance (Oak EDIT: I'm stuck in Gen 1, where Fire Blast had 30% burn chance. It's now 10%. I'm a tit), but it has 20 more Base Power before STAB, and that certainly makes a difference. It is only less accurate by about 5-7% as well, thanks to Victory Star. Flamethrower has 5 less power and 20% less burn chance, but it's also 100% accurate like Searing Shot, and it has 3 times the PP.

Also reinforcing what was said above: Fusion Bolt > Wild Charge.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    I tough the V-Create's overhyped died already, it is not even the strongest Physical Fire move:

- 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 31.22% - 37.06%
    4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

- 252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 34.26% - 40.61%
    3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Anyway, I edited the OP because Fusion Bolt outclasses Wild Charge. Also other stuff why there is not even a mention of a LO set, Shadow Ball is completely useless on Victini, Super Effective Hidden Power is only 5 points stronger than an STAB Psychic and not only that it only helps against Dragon and they are uncommon, so Hidden Power Ice shouldn't be an option.

7. twofivefive

Well, does Victini get Fusion Bolt? I thought it would only get it in Grey.
    Wait, it does. I'll edit it in, thanks for that.

And I'll edit it Fire Blast too.

EDIT: Thunder > Thunderbolt then.

8. 114

114 Guest

Fire Blast / Searing Shot is honestly up to the user. 120BP + 93.5% acc + 10% burn rate VS 100BP + 100% acc + 30% burn rate

9. twofivefive

Added Victini's teammates.

10. Vahnyu

Vahnyu Member

Or you could carry a straight up Stealth Rock user, and break Everyone's Focus Sashes. Jus' sayin'

11. twofivefive

Claydol does the job nicely, and can Rapid Spin, too. I do want T-Spikes as well, they hurt stallers like Slowbro and Slowking.

12. abhicherath

abhicherath Guest

FUSION BAWLT, yipee coyo incorporated it. imma be happy.
    there needs to be a LO set. LO physical and LO special, heck u can run a freaking support/stall set. this does everything arcanine does except dat intimidate physical wall stuff IMO,just IMO though.
    Victini @ Life Orb
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Brick Break/U-turn/taunt
    - Zen Headbutt
    death comes in the form of this flaming V symbol, its probably the last thing your opponent will see.fusion bolt for coverage, brick break is meh i prefer taunt...stops shit setting up.ZHB for stab and shit.taunt prevents quite a bit from recovering...

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  13. twofivefive

All right, I'll add that. Thanks for the set! I'mma also add a Final Gambit lead, that seems to be quite useful...

14. abhicherath

abhicherath Guest

if only this thing got morning sun..sigh.BTW slash in will-o-wisp on ZHB and the 3rd slot. i really never use ZHB....your better off running substitute or will-o-wisp or work up or whatever.

15. Gerard

Gerard Member

You're missing one of the best sets of victini, Tricktini, he can scare a lot of pokes, and with v-cretae making you go faster and faster only pokes with aqua jet and sucker punch should worry you, and in the fourth turn you can always use u-turn to reset your defenses without having to worry about losing a turn, he hits extremely hard, (2HKOes slowbro after SR) he is also still faily fast even at negative speed so you can use him to KO slow pokes

TRicktini @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    V-create
    Fusion Bolt
    U-turn/Zen Headbutt
    Trick Room

16. 114

114 Guest

If only this thing got some recovery.... then I'd use it over arcanine