1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Mafia 5 - Postgame

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bnhershy, Jul 15, 2011.

1. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

Thanks to Bnhershy for hosting this so well, and good game to everyone involved.

2. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

so lucky that it was tied then. victory yay.

3. Grasseh

Grasseh I swear I'm not mafia!

I'm gonna post a big post about all the mess that I caused early game. Though I've got to go at my grandmother's house this morning and part of this afternoon, I will be back for Forum Mafia 6 later. The big post will probably come a bit before Mafia 6.

4. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Can't believe my reign with the spreadsheet lasted a full 10 mins before i died =O.
    /seriously gutted.

Gratz everyone who won.

Regarding the game itself, the Role PMs were a sligth issue, at first i think afew people got confused as to what side they were on (but they got over it, it was a minor issue). I think the resurrection role decided the game, even though the insp's days were numbered it got claims and the info that did all the damage. Well hosted though.

Also at Charizard. Why on earth with your Role PM didnt you claim Toad? There was no reason not to. 1) Archer planned (if he had the game sown up late on) to kill you before the last mafia just because he could. 2) Once we knew that you wernt a standard Toad it opened the possibility that you could have edited your PM, your win conditions for example, so we would have some reason to kill you (precaution). If you had just claimed Toad we never would suspect you. Didnt matter in the end, just a shame to see a moling role going to waste.

5. Yuki Nagato

Yuki Nagato Member

Had i claimed Toad, i would have had to cough up a Toad role PM which only came out on Night 3. I couldn't avoid Archer forever and he finally caught me on the server once. I did not want to fake a Toad role PM since that would be even more suspicious. And yes i realize that he would probably have killed me, probably aslo the reason that Nano suggested me as the last lynch since the spreadsheet probably has a little note saying "beware". However, it payed off in the end since it was my absolute honesty that let me live through the entire game. Had i lied before and then people fould out that i was actually a Rogue toad, then i might have been voted off. Also, i did use my role to some good use. I had infiltrated the mafia for a while by claiming to IFM that i was a killer ready to help him and gained some info for the village. So yeah, I could have played it more safely but i'm fine with the way things went since it was the only way i would have come out of it alive.

6. Master12345

Master12345 Member

That was a fun game! Thanks for hosting, bnershy!

I'll prepare a post later regarding interMafia relations from my perspective, since clearly the inability of the Mafia members to work together cost them the game. I was in an awkward position N1 since I knew I was being used as Archerknight's puppet... :o

7. Gtfo

Gtfo blinded

I'm gonna have my revenge next game :3

8. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

Good job ^^ Thanks to everyone invovled and bnhershy for a great game.

And yes, just saying Marmoteo was cleaned by the night where it said that:

IT'S TIME FOR A CHUCK QUIZZMO QUIZ!!!

Is the person whose number next to their name on the player list that is the closest to but not less than 7 and is still alive allied with Toad Town?

YES!

You guys should of checked more carefully...

9. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

My bad your role PM was different to Lumi, who got given the Toad Role PM. Should have checked.

10. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

Oh well, it was a long shot that I was going to win anyway, since most my team was killed off relatively early. GG all.

A few things:

1) Everyone should be more careful with their role PM's early game. Even though the villy role PM wasn't 'public' for a while after the start, our mafia had access to it since the very start since somebody claimed to Roy. It might appear that revealing a villy role PM is no big deal, but you saw how it could have paid off for me this game (BS HAX).

2) To the hosts: I agree 100% with telling people what side they are on (as well as win conditions) in the role PM. It's especially helpful to those of us who aren't familiar with the theme (the only reason I thought that I might not be allied with the town is because I had a killing role). Also, in the case of useless leaders, I think that teammates should be sent to everyone in the mafia groups instead of just one person.

11. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Good game, (WE WON!!!). Well played to Roy Mustang, Lumi, Mestre Nando, Nanoswine and everyone who helped finish it off at the end.

For the record, the logs were faked by IFM (obviously), and well played to Lumi for getting logs and updating the spreadsheet on IFM. I did know that Lumi was bad, and Lumi knew I knew that Lumi was bad (did that make sense??), but Lumi couldn't do anything so we figured Lumi could just help the Toads.

To Roy Mustang and Mestre Nando: HOW DID YOU GET THE TOAD PM BEFORE NIGHT 1?? :( Probably off Noodlez who posted it in the tournaments channel and that got passed on.

I didn't even get to use my inspector role... It's the role that gave me a short toad lead. And, nice revive. :)

12. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang HOMOSEXUAL UNICORN

PO Trainer Name:
    Roy Mustang
    I just asked Noodelz for it...lol. I claimed to Grasseh n1 thinking I was good, but then we both realized I wasn't and he told IFM who happened to be mafia. IFM then made me make an alliance with his fraction. IFM had me killed thinking that I was going to rand his teammates (after I said I wasn't going to...) so yeah that screwed things up. If I hadn't claimed to Grasseh my fraction might have won. GG to all.

13. Lumi

Lumi ~Crimson Onlooker~

Finally some love for me ;-; *tears of joy*

Yeah, i had no idea what to do with my role because it wasn't very good. I had a regular toad PM from the start as a part of my "powers", so i decided i'll infiltrate fractions and try to discover as much as possible. I got Archer's sheet and all the info it had. By the same time i contacted IFM's fraction(not gonna tell what gave you away the first time :P), and watched it closely, ensuring nobody goes too well. It... went too well. Leaders started dying yet Archer discovered me. I was "nah, i'll just go with toads" and contacted Master. Thank you so much for being such a nice guy and providing these logs ^^ See, IFM, you have to be nicer to your allies otherwise they might stab you in the ass with some pushes from the other side. I was planning to use them when Archer is dead again, but left them with the sheet as a backup plan in case i die instead of Nanoswine. It paid off.
    P.S. Who killed me?

14. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

That game went awfully for me. Gratz to the winners.

@lumi: to be fair my back stabbing was a response to being backstabbed myself.

15. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    - As Roy said, Noodlez gave him Toad PM, Roy gave to me, as we were actually both sidekicks ^^

- bnhershy, liked the game a lot, but making only the sidekicks leader to know who they are is simply...... hard to deal with :x Good that Roy, T-Dogg and Master trusted me in-time, before I early died( who lucky-randed me ? ._.) and they'd be unaware they were a sepparate faction.

- Oh...Roy. Well played, bro. You almost got'em, and if I lived at least to Night 3, we would easily win, we had the spreadsheet and some other role PMs, I'd double T-Dogg's kill, MWAHAHA. Oh wait, didn't happen... :x

- T-Dogg, my friend, you almost won that one for the sidekicks :o Great job on being trusted 'til the last day ^^

- Another one to archer: thx for love-showing, but my invincible strategy went down with soo early kill :x But thanks for the "well-played" ^^ You guys played very well for town too ^^

- Also, a sidenote: sooo many Toads :x

16. Grasseh

I'd like to show the logs of me and Roy talking but they're on my other computer, so I might get them here later. What happenned was simple. Archer claimed on the topic. Roy did not know he was mafia and claimed to me
    I claimed to him too and we decided that I'd go public with his role PM. Sadly, Roy had trouble playing his part and never wanted to stick with the plan. I wanted Archer to Insp me to get me cleaned as the Myor and that way I'd be 100% sure he's an inspector. Sadly, Archer instead wanted me to Insp him(I have to say, all I would have done was c/p your Role PM you posted on the thread and that would have cleaned me). Otherwise I'd get lynched D1. Roy was fine insping him, since he thought he was the village Inspector. That's when he messed everything up(probably because he figured out he was mafia). He started trying to switch the lynch target. Thing is, I couldn'T do that. We greed that Roy would use the villy PM Noodlez put on the Tour channel to cover Roy. e continued messing everything up though. HE gave me hard times trying to defend HIS PM nd wouldn'T inspect as we established earlier.

Sick of playing some comedy, I went to Archer and told him 99% of the truth.
    Everything except Goombario's identity. Why, because Gombario could still have been town inspector and Archer mafia. The day got late and I chatted with mroe people and Nano conviced me Roy was mafia. Though, I don't know why, I had the feeling I really couldn'T trust Nano. IT was getting lte and I had to go to bed. I knew I was going to get killed(eirher by the mafia, since I could be Insp or by the Vigi since Archer did not trust me..we had no vigies though). We were four players online. Lumi,who was Idle,IFM,Nano and me.
    IFM strted convicing me to reveal Goombario's identity( that was so annoying.... IF it hasn'T been so late in the evening, I wouldn't have told you)
    Since Lumi was away and I couldn'T trust Nano(I should have) IFM was the only player left. After those effing arguing, I "gave up" because I had to tell anyone Roy and MAster'S identity. I would have prefered to give to Archer(he died anyways that night though).

Sadly,IFM was mafia and that'S how he got in contact with Roy. IT worked for us though,as there was a lot of backstabbing.

So yeah. under other circumstanc es, I would not have revealed it to IFM but I did under the ones I had.
    I know I messed up on that but oh well.

Andn yeah, Alliances should be directly on your Role PM unless the setup is really odd.

17. flashbolt

flashbolt Member

Couldn't you have just PMed someone, like on the forum?

Also i think an important lesson here is how careful people should be giving out a villager role PM, if Roy hadnt been killed he could have done alot of damage with a simple villager PM.

About the mafia role PMs. I dont think it matters much if everyone knows everyone or if one knows the others and has to contact them. What does matter is that people know if the are mafia.

18. AllDay ErDay

AllDay ErDay Guest

Good game guys, thanks Bnhershy for hosting :)

My goal for this game was to kiss up to the village leader as much as possible in order to gain their trust and eventually get access to the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the village was more of a threat than I anticipated after both inspectors had died. I was far more worried about getting killed in the night than getting voted out, so I kept constantly killing off guys I suspected to be Mafia. Big mistake...

19. Grasseh

I should have done that, but I didn't think of it and I did not have enough time(having a mother screaming at you that you must got to sleep is annoying....)

20. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'd quite like to know who actually killed me.

At least I managed to take my target down before I was killed =/

21. Kogent

Kogent UltimatePokemonChallenge

PO Trainer Name:
    Kogent
    I love how both nights I was distracted archer died. ;p I was distracted by 2 different people btw

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  22. Noodlez

Noodlez Member

Grr.. Copy and paste sucks. I need to stop trusting people so easily.

23. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

It's nice to have an organized mafia.

24. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang HOMOSEXUAL UNICORN

PO Trainer Name:
    Roy Mustang
    T-Dogg killed you because I asked him too. I figured you were important.