1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] NU details

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU' started by pokemonnerd, Jul 22, 2011.

1. 114

114 Guest

Pretty easy to deal with but I know my team is INCREDIBLY ninjask weak. A ninjask with SD/Xscissor/Aerial Ace will 6-0 my team with ease lol (speaking from experience sadly)

^

2. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

Ninjask is dangerous... but takes a longer time to set up. Enemies can switch, Taunt can wear off, and it can be phazed easily... if there were more phazers. However, Murkrow has haze, Golbat has haze, I think there might be more...

And Wobbufett is broken, even without Cutsap. It simply can't be killed, the power level isn't high enough.

3. 1996ITO

1996ITO Member

Emac has reminded me a pokemon that could be broken in NU. Yeah, it's Absol. I've not did calcs, but I just say Eviolate'd Misdreavus/ Tentacool/ Munchlax's will just be trolled by a LO SD set. The problem is you gotta carry Night Slash over SP to don't be stopped by Misdreavus and predict the scarfed pokes like Emboar, but with a good partner we could handle them. I just say Absol might be broken in NU.

4. astrohawke

astrohawke Member

Um since when was steelix in NU? I just fought a bunch of teams that used him. He's not on the list

5. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

That's a mistake on my part then. Steelix just dropped into LU due to usage this month, so it's LU and not NU. That'll be fixed soon.

6. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

What do you guys think about Emboar.. Scarf/Band versions both 2KO's Alomomola with Wild Charge + SRocks and there arent any 1 Pokemon outside of Whishcash/Seismitoed in NU that takes NVE hits from FlareBlitz/Head Smash/Earthquake/Superpower.... With Reckless Emboar is a force to recon with.

BANHAMMER please. :x

7. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Reckless Emboar isn't legal.

8. Ayumiko

Ayumiko New Member

Wob and Hail both need to gtfo asap. They extremely broken. I know some of you will say lolhailsux, but it really doesn't, especially with no really reliable way to stop it.

9. "DJ Shadow"

"DJ Shadow" Guest

Predictable and beatable, but he'll punish you if you don't prepare for him. A BP team would be embarrassing to lose to.

10. mael

mael np: diary

reckless isnt released yet, also a mixed set with scald seems to be nice, because of gligar, though fire blast hits as hard as scald

how about sunnyday charmeleon?
    80 base SpA isnt that bad and solar beam is pretty nice
    it seems to be a great OUlite core breaker
    here are a few calcs
    252SpAtk Life Orb Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 4HP/0SpDef Eviolite Water Absorb Frillish (Neutral): 111% - 131% (280 - 332 HP). Guaranteed OHKO. Delete
    252SpAtk Life Orb Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Water Absorb Frillish (+SpDef): 92% - 110% (292 - 348 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 60% chance to OHKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Gligar (+SpDef): 35% - 41% (117 - 137 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) Flamethrower in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Gligar (+SpDef): 61% - 72% (205 - 243 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Gligar (+SpDef): 78% - 91% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Expert Belt Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Frillish (+SpDef): 26% - 31% (84 - 100 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
    252SpAtk Expert Belt Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Frillish (+SpDef): 57% - 68% (182 - 216 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Expert Belt Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) SolarBeam in Sun vs 252HP/0SpDef Eviolite Frillish (Neutral): 82% - 97% (259 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Expert Belt Solar Power Charmeleon (Neutral) Hidden Power (Ice) in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Gligar (+SpDef): 111% - 132% (374 - 441 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

i am just theorymoning , wasnt in the mood to test it , but i will do it soon

Edit:/ nvm it doesnt get solar beam -.-

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  11. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

The best hail counters atm, in my opinion, are Combusken and Klinklang. Combusken with Life Orb or Eviolite, Klinklang with Life Orb or Lefties (or Lum berry)

12. "DJ Shadow"

"DJ Shadow" Guest

Of course absol will beat those three. His STAB moves are SE against missyD, Tentacruel has little offensive presence, and munchlax can be beaten by superpower or 1-2 hits with a +2 night slash. Also I cant stop looking at your sig lol.

13. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

The two things that keeps Absol from being broken is the fact that it's frail and, even worse, slow. Base 75 is kind of pitiful for a pokemon with such weak defenses, and it doesn't have the move pool(80 BP for your STAB sucks :/) or raw power to punch through things like Gligar or Shelgon, even without them having Eviolite. And even then things like Hariyama aren't KO'd by LO Night Slash+Psycho Cut when it's using 252 HP. Having to rely on Sucker Punch is really bad in a tier full of set up and substitute as well.

14. NeonKecleon

NeonKecleon New Member

Hello people!

I'm sorry if I come of as pushy here, but NU is becoming increasingly irritating because battlers are choosing to spam the most 'broken' pokemon/teams (aka BP Ninjask, Wobbuffet, and Perma-Hail Teams). What I'm curious about is if there's anyway to get a jump on getting a vote started to get these pokes banned from NU? From speaking with peers of mine as well as fellow battlers, most of them feel the same.

15. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

There's a nice, stickied future suspect thread right below this one. Best way to get this going is voicing your opinion there.

16. NeonKecleon

NeonKecleon New Member

Thank you! I definitely will! :)

17. Darkness

Darkness DN

Wobbuffet banned from Wifi NU.

18. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Thank the lord.

19. Elesa's Wrath101(WMV4)

Elesa's Wrath101(WMV4) New Member

Seconding the Wobbuffet-is-broken viewpoint. With a Focus Sash, It's nearly impossible for choiced sets to do anything without getting slammed with double the amount of damage they did. Plus, Wobby has a crapload of HP, meaning a STAB 100 Base power move coming from a 328 attack would do 28.5 ~ 33.7% to a max HP and Defense Wobbuffet. But that's not it. 28.5% of a Wobbuffet's health = about 150 HP, meaning the attacker, would die after doing barely anything to the Wobbuffet it attacked (Assuming the attacker has about 70 base HP). Long story short, I'm pretty sure Wobb will be headed onto higher tiers soon.
    And about Ninjask, I was VERY shocked when I saw one in NU. Smeargle also. Though I think the former is even more annoying, packing speed boost, Swords Dance, and an absolutely amazing speed stat of 160, meaning, it outspeeds anything that doesn't have boosts or a scarf (and some that do.) I hope Ninjask gets bumped up to LU (or at least gets a suspect voting).
    Sorry for the long post.

20. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

B-but, wobba wobba?

Seriously though, that is good news and was definately necessary.

21. "DJ Shadow"

"DJ Shadow" Guest

We can still use wynaut in nu right? Not like that's very practical though, The base 100 hp difference is visible...

22. 114

114 Guest

Wynaut with eviolite... why not? Is it good? no idea

23. pokemonnerd

No. You have 200 less HP and minimal gain in defense/special defense. It gets 2HKO'd far more easily by everything, and your counter/mirror coat is weaker because of the decrease in HP. You're also slow as sin(even Wobb could out pace walls used in stall) which also screws up what you can Encore.

24. "DJ Shadow"

"DJ Shadow" Guest

Eeeh it could still be used for revenge killing the likes of scarfed magmortar and sawk maybe? something dugtrio can't do.

25. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

It's certainly balanced for NU, Wobbufett lite can still be of some use.

26. mael

mael np: diary

just pointing out that you might add jynx to BL3 :)

27. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Done.

28. Mamoswined

Mamoswined New Member

Are things automatically banned from the server when they rise to LU? I've been fighting a lot of teams with Pokes that are above 4% on the stats for LU like Drifblim and Audino.

29. Django

Django UNCHAINED

The tiers get updated every 2 months, and using the combined usage stats from the last 2 months the new tiers are made. The usage stats in the OP are outdated, and since were using combined stats I'm going to go ahead and remove them. Driflblim and Articuno were LU a few months ago, but are now NU.

30. Mamoswined

Mamoswined New Member

So when I search for a battle with NU or try to enter a tournament it should automatically tell me if I'm using the wrong Pokemon?

31. pokemonnerd

Yes. In fact, if you're using a certain pokemon that's in a higher tier, you will be put in the tier that said pokemon is in. For example, if you tried to load a NU team with Slowking in it, you would actually be put in LU upon loading it. If you tried to find a battle, you would find a battle in the LU tier, and if you tried to manually switch to NU, it would tell you which pokemon is banned along with not allowing you to switch.

32. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Oh man I had no idea articuno was NU :x

33. Mamoswined

Mamoswined New Member

Oh thanks! That's great to hear! I was worried I was using illegal Pokemon.

34. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Because of a glitch which means Cinccino has a 50% chance to hit 5 times with its multi-hit moves we are temporarily banning it from NU. That chance coupled with Technician is simply too powerful. It has also been brought up that when combined with King's Rock it can become even more luck based. Once the bug is fixed we will unban Cinccino.

35. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

I knew that thing got 5 hits too often...

36. The Real Elmo

The Real Elmo Caterpie hungers...

this explains so much >_>

37. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

Lol really? I simply thought i just had really bad luck whenever facing cinccino.

38. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

hahah this explains everything. everyone was thinking cinccino was hitting 5 times too much but not even thinking much of it! how long will it take to fix the bug? and is cinccino banned right now?

39. Django

Django UNCHAINED

The bug has been fixed, but the server needs to be restarted to implement it. Cinccino is banned currently, and will be unbanned when the situation is resolved.

40. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Cinno isn't back in NU yet.. :x Any word on when it will be back? It's been 2 weeks.