1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] Pure power! [RMT]

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Ike., Jul 27, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Ike.

Ike. New Member

*Pure Power!*

This is my first RMT, i used to play Silver when I was young, tried black version on and emulator, and decided to try PO some days ago. I don't like setting up, using weather, paraflinch, sub + protect + toxic, etc. I'd rather make holes in opponents teams.
    After 1 week testing teams, i came up with this.. it's not very good against weather teams, but i was able to get some victories against those.

Enough talking, here we go!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I tested this team a lot, went up to 1103 points untill i posted this. I know it has a lot of weaknesses, and thats why I'm writing this, i want some help in what i can change.

[​IMG] @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    This is the classic starter mienshao! With maxed atk + nature, I'm able to use the fake out + hi jump kick against everything that doesn't resist it, and most of the times I'm able to KO those if not, u-turn and then change to something that resists the enemy. also, U-turn is for starter deoxys or azelfs that come my way. Stone edge is for late in the game, for stuff like volcarona or some smart dude trying to paraflinch with togekiss. Regenerator keeps him healthy, considering the low defenses.

[​IMG] @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 224 HP / 88 Atk / 196 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Roost
    - ExtremeSpeed
    The sweeper! Dependin on what the opponent does, I usually send this guy after the u-turn or keep it for late in the game. Almost everytime I'm able to get a dragon dance or two, and after that, it's just sweeping fun. Yache berry is for ice, extremespeed is a nice priority move, and roost is self explanatory. Mainly used after some stupid "hurt himself"

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Dragon Tail
    Ok, ok, I know I said i preffer offense, but this guy is just wonderful! With high defense stats, he can take lots of hits before having to recover. Also, ice beam for dragons, scald for heatran, volcarona and etc. Also, it's useful against physical sweepers, if I'm able to get a burn. Milotic also comes to play if after some reason dragonite wasn't able to sweep, and is about to take an ice hit.
    Dragon Tail is great against settin up teams, and also, helps with the annoyance from my bro bronzong!

[​IMG] @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    Yeaaaah boy! goin oldschool! This set is almost the same since 1990's.. except for earth power, my best bet against heatran! with sheer force + stab, its not going to be a good day for that dude! Ice beam for dragons, thunderbolt for water, flamethrower for ferrothorn, jirachi, skarmory , etc.
    Also, with nature + evs, most of the time he hits first, wich is NICE!

[​IMG] @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain
    Who doesn't love gengar? Monster SAtk, great speed, doesn't get hit by earth/normal/fighting moves. What else can you ask? Focus blast is for blissey, shadow ball for psychics / ghosts (that insist on switching in against mienshao..poor boys), psychic to finish of those fighters, and giga drain for water!
    Most of the time used as a late sweeper.

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    This was the last addition to the team. I needed someone who could take on ice, steel, dragon, rock, psychic, poison and grass, and look who I found! This guy resists almost EVERYTHING my whole team is week against. Also, i can use toxic + stealth rock + dragon tail (from milotic) to annoy LOTS! gyro ball is the "stab" move, and earthquake is for heatram, a possible threat.

Obs: I'm considering changin gyro ball and stealth rock for dual screens, but I'm not sure yet. Before bronzong I tried zoroark, hydreigon and terrakion, none were successfull.

So, that's it! please, rate it, comment, etc!

Thanks a lot!

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge

Dragonite (F) @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 224 HP / 88 Atk / 196 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Roost
    - ExtremeSpeed

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Dragon Tail

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

2. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

With Dragonite change Yache Berry to Lum Berry, as you'll likely be statused or suffer from Outrage confusion. You're completely open to a Ferrothorn coming in and taking advantage, either Seeding and Protecting off damage as you Outrage hopelessly, suffering from its Leech Seed and Iron Barbs. I'd suggest also replacing Roost with Fire Punch to deal with it and other steel types who would otherwise wall you. If you do this, though, you may need to change your EVs. Putting less into your bulk and more into your Attack. Though remember that Dragonite and Milotic have decent synergy. Alternatively you could fit a Magnezone on to trap any steel types that will counter Dragonite, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, some Bronzong and Jirachi.

Your Gengar seems original yet strange. With STAB Shadow Ball Psychic isn't all that useful, I'd recommend HP Fire for common Scizor switch-ins or maybe even Protect to scout for priority moves. Giga Drain also seems strange, but then again if you're struggling with Gastrodon or Quagsire for whatever reason I'd keep it. With Giga Drain unless it's x4 Shadow Ball will do more damage against anything.

Your team may suffer against Rain a little, but then again most teams do, so can't really branch out on that. You are lacking in priority asides from Fake-Out but Bronzong can cover the likes of Excadrill regardless.

3. Ike.

Ike. New Member

Thanks Ozma. I was really thinkin about changin that psychic on gengar to something else, but had no idea what.. The giga drain is mainly for quagsire and gastrodon, i know it is quite useless against everything else..

About dragonite, I hadn't thought about the steel types cause usually I would switch to nidoking and use flamethrower, but I'm gonna try that fire punch. About the EV change, you mean put like only 120's on HP, and the rest on atk?

and where do you think I could fit a magnezone? who could I take from the team?

4. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

Nidoking does Magnezone's job pretty well already in terms of coverage and if you put Fire Punch on Dragonite you won't need Magnezone anyway. Those EVs sound great. But yeah, I suggest either Substitute or Hypnosis on Gengar over Psychic.

5. Ike.

Ike. New Member

Ok, so I've updated Dnite's EVs and fire punch, and gengar psychic is gone for HP fire... the only problem I can see now is the lack of priority moves.. I got fake out and extremespeed, and thats it =S

6. AllDay ErDay

AllDay ErDay Guest

Looks like a solid team. In my experience, Milotic is usually better with a rest-talking moveset since it can ignore status as well as gain the marvel scale boost. If you find the time, perhaps try this moveset.

-Scald
    -Dragon tail
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Toxic completely destroys your current milotic set, but this one can just rest up and shrug it off. While asleep, it always gets a 50% Defence boost making this thing a huge pain to take down. Also when using sleep talk, you can Dragon tail your opponent out even before he can attack. Give it a try, you might like it :)

7. Ike.

Ike. New Member

GREATEST IDEA EVER!

I've been spending a lot of time trying to imagine a way to use that marvel scale, but I completely forgot that sleeps is also a status effect! Imma try that as soon as I get home and post the results here! thanks A LOT dude!

Moderators: Edna, fsk