1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Generation Mafia -- Day 5

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Grasseh, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grasseh

Grasseh I swear I'm not mafia!

Friday, August 5th,
    Unknown Island

There was no clouds in the sky, a gentle breeze came through the Town Square. This evening, everyone in the village were supposed to meet here to hear an "amazing" announcement. As the clock was striking 9, a group of shady characters walked on the stage. Everyone was here, waiting for the announcement. There was a lot of noise. The villagers were still trying to get a good view of the stage. Except for two mysterious shadows, hanging in the back of the Square. One of the shady characters spook up and started to wait until the town was quiet. He then started his speech.

"Hello, village! As you know, we have all lived peacefully together, even though we are not from the same groups. We are quite happy about this. I know you were all waiting for an amazing announcement, but I only have a small thing to tell you. Our Generation is the best!"

The orator stood back, alone on the stage. No one noticed when his group went off, but they were now with the town, trying to mix up with everyone. For some seconds, which felt like hours, a strong silence ruled over the town. At the same moment, everyone started screaming and pushing everyone.

"Generation One is the best! There's no way around this!"
    "Generation Two is the favorite! Everybody knows this!"
    "We're underrated, you all know Generation Three is better than the others!"
    "Generation Four is the strongest! No one can beat us!"
    "Actually, Generation Five is the best! Just look at us, it's obvious!"

The village was so noisy that the shady character had problems making silence reign again.

"We all know you want to debate about this. We've found one good way to settle this. Let's use the nature's law. Only the strongest survives! And this is why we are gonna be the only one surviving, because we are the strongest!"

The village was getting louder and louder, every generation was trying to say that they would win.

"And since we're also the smartest, here's a little surprise for you all!"

The shady group was back on the stage and dark clouds formed in the sky. Strange gas came down from it, getting everyone in the village, except the shady characters on the stage and the two mysterious shadows in the back. Everyone fell to the ground, unconscious. The dark clouds suddenly disappeared,followed by the laughs of the shady characters. A couple of seconds later, everyone in the village were back up, confused.

"We could have shown you who are the best already... but we're a bit too kind for that. We want to have fun a bit. Now that you are all amnesic, we can have a little bit of fun with you. Wait..Why do some of you not look as confused as we thought...oh no..."

The shady character jumped down the stage and swiftly kicked one of the mysterious shadows in the face. Grasseh died quickly, but his job was done, half of the town knew who they were.

Even if his death was quick, Grasseh's death took long enough to create a diversion. The other mysterious shadow had enough time to tell the rest of the village their identities. The shady character kicked him as soon as he was done telling the last villager. The Mustang was dead...

The shady character raged and ran away. Everyone knowing who they were, but not remembering everyone else, returned to their house for a good sleep. Everyone wanted to be ready to show the others who are the best, even if their memory is faulty.

And this started the war known as,

Generation Mafia

I am your host, Grasseh and with my co-host, Roy Mustang, we are going to bring you a memorable mafia game. If you need a quick reminder of the rules they are in the hide tags below:
    1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. Also please don't post in this topic after you are dead since we do not want you to change the topic of discussion, and you're not supposed to talk about something unrelated to the game in the topic anyways.

2. Screenshotting of all forms is banned, under all circumstances (unless, of course, you are reporting someone breaking the rules to the hosts). If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the hosts. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "Lynch [USER]" in and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Majority(50% or more) is not needed for a player to get lynched.

4.1 If there's a tie, both players will be lynched. Though, if two players are lynched on the same day, there will not be a day phase on the next cycle.

4.2 “No Lynch” votes will count as a vote. If there is a majority of “No Lynch” by the end of the day, no one will be lynched and the next Night phase will occur. All votes for a dead player or a non-existing player will not count as a vote (this includes mistypes).

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you time to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it easier to handle. You have to send your night action to both Grasseh and Roy Mustang. If you don’t send it to both, the host making the update may not see your action, thus cancelling it.

5.1 If you're not going to do anything at night or you do not have a night action, send a PM titled **Night X – IDLE**. This makes keeping track of things easier and informs us that you're still playing the game.

6. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If we notice that you seem to be inactive, we reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary.

7. Every player will receive a Role PM before the game begins. You do not have the right to copy/paste any part of your role PM before Day One. You can describe small parts of it, such as your Role name and your night action, but you do not have the right to copy/paste it. This is made in a way that everyone has the time to write themselves a Fake Role PM.

7.1 If you need a Fake Role PM, PM Grasseh with **Fake Role PM** as the title. In the body, you will describe what do you want the Role PM (Night action, pokemon, generation). You will have to directly ask the EXACT pokemon you want.

7.1.1 Beware; there will be at least one mistake in the Fake Role PM so make sure to correct it before spreading it around.

7.2 Grasseh made initial Role PMs, Roy Mustang helped edit them. Even though they went through many spell-checks and fool-proof tests, there may still be some mistakes as they are humans and sadly, not perfect. Do not take a small mistake as an exact proof that a Role PM is faked.

7.3 People’s Role PM will be revealed on the thread upon death.

8. Godkilling occurs whenever a person meets the criteria for a god kill. For example: if you are silenced, and talk during the day, you will be godkilled.

9. It is highly suggested to be careful, even in the PMs you receive. Some unspecified conditions may alter what the hosts tell you.

9.1 There is at least one mole role in this game.

10. Please tell the hosts the reasoning behind your actions. This will help them make a better postgame.

11. Priorities are set and kept secret.
    [/HIDE]

This is a multi-faction game. Since you probably have multiple questions, I have decided that I could answer some of them for you, in the hide tags below:

F.A.Q

Q: How many factions are in the game?
    A: 5, maybe with some neutrals.

Q: Is there a “Mafia” Generation?
    A: Yes, but we will not be telling which one. It will be revealed in due time.

Q: Like in Elements Mafia, will there be a Generation Leader?
    A: There will not be directly a role like in Elements Mafia, but you can be your Generation’s leader.

Q: Is it safe to claim?
    A: Every Generation except the “Mafia” Generation will have a bodyguard, so do as you wish.[/HIDE]

Some other important information will be down below for you, as the player list, the players alive list and the deaths list.

Players:
    Players:
    1. Groshi
    2. ArcherKnight
    3. Lumi
    4. T-Dogg
    5. YayTears
    6. IFM
    7. Lamperi
    8. Master12345
    9. GtfoKogent
    10. Django
    11. DarkCrimson
    12. Pearl
    13. Karppi
    14. HitmonKerny
    15. profDEADPOOL
    16. Float
    17. bnhershy
    18. KokolokoNoodlez
    19. Nanoswine
    20. Mestre Nando
    21. NightShiftMellow Swellow
    22. Chinchou
    23. AllDay ErDay
    24. Waterboat
    25. VepixAmarillo Caballero
    26. Charizard24
    27. Professor Oak
    28. PoignantLyrics
    29. FlashBolt
    30. Mistbit
    31. Marmoteo
    32. Ozma
    33. Dark Phoenix
    34. IJuggler
    35. Greaulex

Subs:
    Amarillo Caballero
    Noodlez
    Shiva - Subbed out because of inactivity
    Mellow Swellow
    1. Astrohawke
    Kogent[/HIDE]

Players Alive(22):
    3. Lumi
    7. Lamperi
    8. Master12345
    9. GtfoKogent
    13. Karppi
    14. HitmonKerny
    15. profDEADPOOL
    17. bnhershy
    19. Nanoswine
    20. Mestre Nando
    21. NightShiftMellow Swellow
    22. Chinchou
    23. AllDay ErDay
    24. Waterboat
    25. VepixAmarillo Caballero
    28. PoignantLyrics
    29. FlashBolt
    30. Mistbit
    31. Marmoteo
    32. Ozma
    34. IJugglerShiva
    35. Greaulex
    [/HIDE]

Death list
    Grasseh,Venusaur,Host, allied with the Hosts,Kicked Pre-Game
    Roy Mustang,Musharna,Co-Host, allied with the Hosts,Kicked Pre-Game
    4.T-Dogg,Golem,BodyGuard, allied with the First Generation,Lynched Day 1
    18.KokolokoNoodlez,Chimecho,SafeGuard, allied with the Third Generation,Electrified Night 1
    33. Dark Phoenix,Scizor,Back-Up 1/4 Night Killer, allied with the Second Generation,Whacked Night 1
    1. Groshi,Xatu,Alliance Checker, allied with the Second Generation,Kicked Night 1
    16. Float, Krookodile, Kidnapper, allied with Fifth Generation, Lynched Day 2
    12. Pearl, Honchkrow, 1/4 Night Killer allied with the Fourth Generation, Chased through the forest Night 2
    10. Django, Skitty, Hooker, allied with the Third Generation, Kicked Night 2
    26. Charizard24,Togetic,Safeguard, allied with the Second Generation,Lynched Day 3
    2. ArcherKnight,Entei,Double-Hooker+Killer,Wolf,Electrified Night 3
    27. Professor Oak,Jellicent,Cursed Body,allied with the Fifth Generation,Destroyed by something huge Night 3
    6. IFM,Drowzee,Redirector, allied with the First Generation,Lynched Day 4
    5. YayTears,Magneton,Inspector, allied with the First Generation, Electrified Night 4
    11. DarkCrimson, Rhyperior, Bodyguard,allied with the Fourth Generation, Kicked Night 4
    [/HIDE]

Please send us a "Confirm" message after receiving your Role PM. This way, we will know that you received it.

On Night 0, all actions are valid except for kills.

The official channel on the server is called "Generation Mafia". Please also be active there, it's more fun.

Have fun!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

First

Good Luck to my Generation only.

3. Grasseh

Roles PM have been sent! Have fun!

It is now Night 0! It will be Day 1 on August 7th, 9:00 PM (GMT-5)(August 8th, 2:00 AM GMT)
    All actions except Kills will work.

Mestre Nando, please empty your inbox.

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I was wondering if someone would do Night 0 properly. Props for that.

Good luck to all players during Mafia 6! As usual, I'll be watching the thread and infracting any dead posts, and I'm likely to infract people that are idle for absolutely no reason as well. Make sure you send in your night PMs, even if you don't have a night role!

And, time for the usual other thing...
    inb4 day/night 1 death

EDIT: Also, I managed to correct the hosts of the game on something before it was officially Night 0. LIKEABOSS.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. bnhershy

bnhershy Member

GLAHF

Nice start to hopefully a great game. Way to go Grasseh and Roy!

6. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Lets get it. Good luck peeps.

Inb4 oak is godkilled night 0 cuz troll.

7. Grasseh

A strange vine comes out of the forest and grabs Vepix! Another vine pops out of the forest, holding Amarillo Caballero. The second vines drops Amarillo on the ground while the first one takes Vepix back in the forest.

To make it easy... Vepix has been subbed out for Amarillo Caballero
    Because Vepix is gonna be gone for a week. Bye Vepix and have fun! We'll be waiting for you to return!

8. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang HOMOSEXUAL UNICORN

PO Trainer Name:
    Roy Mustang
    Night 0-EAT Professor Oak’s DREAMS.

Anyways time to edit Grasseh's massive OP. D:

Edit: I suck and don't feel like doing it tonight because I'm tired. Also, gl everyone.

9. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

Looking forward to my first game. Have fun, everyone. Thanks Grasseh and Roy.

10. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

WAIT WAIT WAIT...

I have to wait for night one to kill chaos?

Edit: wait wtf he didnt join

11. Yuki Nagato

Yuki Nagato Member

Good luck to all in my Generation!! Which is the best btw. ;P

12. Master12345

Master12345 Member

Yay the game's started! :D Make sure to play a nice, *clean* game, and have fun!

13. Lumi

Lumi ~Crimson Onlooker~

lol inb4 IFM is godkilled because of that

14. Spoof

Spoof Well-Known Member

Not bad, but I still wish I could have Grasseh or Mustang's role.

GL everyone! :D

15. marmoteo

marmoteo Member

Good luck to all :)

16. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

ive received your pm, good luck

17. Grasseh

You still could have lynched him Day 1.

EDIT:If I make another game, I'm gonna give a posting restriction to IFM. He'd have to say something good about Chaos in every post :D

18. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    Posting to say that I've cleared my Inbox. Sorry for the trouble =X

EDIT: PM received <3 GL All.

19. Gtfo

Gtfo blinded

My Generation better win this..

20. Nanoswine

Nanoswine Member

glhf, this game looks like it's going to be awesome. Thanks for hosting Grasseh and Roy!

21. Chinchou

Chinchou Endangered Species

I hope I don't fail in my first game!
    Good Luck!!!!11111oneoneone

22. Nanoswine

Nanoswine Member

I believe a cryptic code may be hidden in the previous post!

HMMMMMMMM

23. Chinchou

Nano! How did you know...
    1 = 1
    one = 2
    11111oneoneone = 11111222 = Nanoswine will die in Sydafahsdien.

24. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

bad luck to everybody who isn't in my gen. good luck to those who are.

25. Grasseh

Less than 12 hours before the deadline, I am still missing 8 Night Actions and 2 Confirms. Everyone that will not have sent at least a "Confirmed" will have been mark inactive for this phase and will receive a message. If they are inactive on the next phase too, they will be subbed out.

EDIT:If you have sent a Night action or posted on the thread without sending a Confirmed PM ,it counts as a "Confirmed" , so no worries there.

If you have not sent in your night action, it will still be marked. Your night Action will not go through and even if you have sent a "Confirmed" PM, it will still be part of inactivity.

If you do not want to use your night action,can't use it or do not have any, do not forget to send your IDLE PM. Thanks. I don't like subbing out people but if I must, I will.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  26. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

activity post.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  27. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang HOMOSEXUAL UNICORN

PO Trainer Name:
    Roy Mustang
    Lynch IFM

28. Grasseh

Saturday, August 6th.
    Town Square,Unknown Island.

The villagers decided to all meet up this morning to talk about the events of yesterday. Most people had not slept last night, trying to remember who they completely were and who were their allies. Some other went and messed people up already, to show that their generation was the best.

At exactly 9 AM, everyone started discussing with each other. They finally came with the idea of getting rid of the weak at day, by lynching them. After going through a vote, the village agreed that this technique will be used. But before, the village looked around because it felt like some villagers were not here.

After a count, the town realized that 2 of their "friends" were missing. They decided, that before lynching a player, they would figure out what happened to those. First, the village went to PoignantLyrics' house. They looked around but found no body.

After searching without finding any trace of PoignantLyrics, they went to find Nanoswine, but again, didn't have any luck. Since they couldn't find the two bodies, they decided to go back to the Town Square, where a pleasant surprise was.

"Well, you didn't think you could get rid of me this easily, did you?"

Roy Mustang, the one and only, was standing up on the stage.

"Stop being surprised and get going with this lynch!"

But a second after Roy said that, a loud voice echoed from somewhere:

_________________________________________________________________________________

PoignantLyrics and Nanoswine are not here for this Day phase, please act as if they were dead and do not talk about the game with them. They will be back in due time.

So now,get lynching!

It is now Day 1! It will be Night 1 on August 9th, 9:00 PM (GMT-5)(August 10th, 2:00 AM GMT)

And IFM's vote will count as -1 if he votes for ChaosPenguin. His vote will stay normal if he votes for someone else.

If you did not receive any Night Result PM,your night action was successful.

YOU CAN NOW COPY-PASTE YOUR ROLE PMs!!

EDIT:I missed 2 Confirmed and 8 Night Actions. The 2 not-confirmed players have been warned. They might end up subbed out. For the 6 players that just did not send their night action, do not forget to stay active.

29. yiran

:o

I'm pretty sure PoignantLyrics and Nanoswine were silenced.

Other than that, I think I'll be busy for a few moments...

30. Greaulex

Greaulex New Member

Sorry for posting this late.Got pm

31. Master12345

Master12345 Member

Hmm...with regards to PoignantLyrics and Nanoswine, it could be a silence or it could be a kidnap...

32. yiran

Well, what would really be the difference of silence and kidnap?

33. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Typically, they are only marginally different.
    Silence usually means that they cannot talk / PM / use a role during the day, and they are usually told via PM.
    Kidnap usually means the same thing, except it tends to last longer (typically until someone else is kidnapped, or 1 day/night cycle), and it's publicly announced that they've gone missing.
    Either way, speaking in the thread will result in a godkill if they do speak.

I'm willing to bet that they've both been kidnapped, but don't hold it against me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'm gonna continue to sit here and hope someone's got something.

34. YAYtears

YAYtears Professional Noob Haxors

Dats a bunch of reading
    So hard to keep up since I was gone due to band camp.
    Lets do this.

35. Master12345

Master12345 Member

I personally enjoy the reading, flavor text, and story. :)

Meanwhile, after looking through the previous Mafia game, the "Question Asker" role was allied by himself. Perhaps this game's Question Asker is also a neutral. :o

36. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

Well, guess my cover is blown.

In that case, I encourage any members of the first generation to PM me, since now you know I'm trustworthy.

37. Chinchou

The Question Asker wins if they are able to successfully ask 8 questions!

38. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

Well everyone who isn't first gen might as well lynch t-dogg like me.

39. Chinchou

Yes, Lynch T-Dogg.

40. Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix Multidimensional Hero

I'm gonna go ahead and Lynch T-Dogg for the obvious reasons. First casualty of the war :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.