1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you sad???? :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Im_The_Devil, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Im_The_Devil

Im_The_Devil I liek cookiez x3

This is a thread to know our members better :D
    What makes you Sad???

If you would like to share the situations in your life/world that makes you sad, please post it on this thread :(

What makes me sad is all the unbalance in the world. Millions of people starving and homeless :(
    Millions more doesn't have the high quality of life style that we do in developed countries today, and we in developed countries takes our blessings for granted...

So please reply, what makes you feel sad??? It can be anything :D

2. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

This thread.

Seriously though, politics being a gigantic wankfest of shoveling blame at each other and ignoring core issues while trying to halt even slightly deviant progress as much as humanly possible. I'm not some kind of expert on these things, but I do not think we'll ever get away from these idiotic block politics that just overcomplicates manners severely.

3. Yuki Nagato

Yuki Nagato Member

I feel sad when i don't do something that i set out to do and that i could do. But simply chose not to in favour of other less important things and then regret it later on.

That always seems to get me ;_;

Also @Stofil: That sounds like our Suspect tests lol.

4. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

People being intolerant and sweepingly generalising about races. Witch considering where I live has almost no ethnic diversity so everyone is a racist. I am not located well for that.

And politics especially the American system where they just obstruct each-other instead of doing what would be good for their country.

5. Snickeor

Snickeor Member

There's a great ethnic diversity where I live, and still a lot of racism :/

You think America is alone in that?

Something that annoys me is people without any insight in certain conflicts/problems who support one side just because "it's right".

6. yiran

yiran Become a Magical Girl!

The frustrating sad comes whenever I get treated really unfairly. Like when I go to a really boring summer camp and my cousin goes to play something. Or in general, frustrating stuff like when you knock over a vase or something.

The "tears" sad comes mostly while reading books or watching TV (includes movies)... or at funerals of close people.

7. Mellow Swellow

Mellow Swellow Mellowy Sir.

I would say that "Religion" makes me sad, but then I'll get flamed and everything so I'll be more precise.

I hate the Westboro Baptist Church and they make me sad for humanity, for they are the biggest concentration of ignorants I ever saw. Just take a look at their website name, it's literally www.godhatesfags.com. They're the kind of people who protest at soldier's funeral and insult the death's family, what the hell!

They even planned to protest at the Norway's victims funeral, telling Norway's population that the death of 75+ children was a punishment towards them for legalizing same sex marriage.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/08/what-will-norway-make-westboro-baptist-church/40842/
    Too see for yourself.

8. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

These kind of extents within Religion really, really get to me. Especially since, when you question a lot of followers on the origin of their religion, they can barely even describe to you it's history. It seems all very coincidental to me that they all of a sudden forget that their Religion had an incredulously bloody history, all in the name of becoming world dominant. Seriously, that really gets my blood boiling, especially when they continue to be ignorant and start shoving "You will be forsaken by God" down your throat.

Other things include sheer ignorance, as well as people who believe they're superior to you because they can act like they have the moral high ground.

9. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    I agree with the two posts above me about ignorant zealots being a sad and annoying thing to see. However flaming religion, despite generally being amusing, is not going to have any real positive effects, so I'd suggest we refrain from it.

Anyways, anything political tends to make me sad, as the state of current politics is fairly pitiful. I also tend to get sad when thinking about anything even mildly serious.

10. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

Not much can bring me down. I don't really come across as that way as I use emotions online a lot as a way to be entertaining and charismatic/enjoyable.

Recently though I have in fact been pretty down. My parents divorced last year and the house I was raised in and spent a lot of memories in is being sold now and I have no say. I had big plans for it, hoping to spend and live my adulthood there, and to have my kids grow up there and in this wonderful district. (In honesty I moved there when I was about 11, moved out after my 18th so not all my life). So losing the place I call home has been a bit of a blow.

The only thing that truly grieves or saddens me is a lot of my past and childhood. I had a very rough upbringing in many ways. I'd rather not go into details about the harsher things, but I'll talk about one minor one.

That's my siblings. I am the youngest of four children. Due to money they were raised by grandparents, while I was raised by our parents. While that does seem lucky, that means I was in solitude. It didn't bother me so much growing up yet now I when I see them, they're very close and have a tight bond. I can't help but wish I had them to lean on during my harsh times or to enjoy happiness with me when it was there. Just being around them seeing them interact in ways they cannot with me brings me down, try as hard as I might I cannot let things go and enjoy their company when they actually are around. I see them once a year if lucky...

11. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

Conflict makes me sad, especialy between friends.
    Religion makes me sad, why can't we all agree on one thing?
    The feeling of saying goodbye is horrible, I hate it.
    I'm sad when people let me down.
    STORY TIME!

I'm a loner, I was raised that way. I'm shy and concealed. The few friends that I have I hold close, but sometimes my efforts aren't enough.
    I fear of having no friends, it feels empty. That's why these few years I've extended to Online Communities, since I don't have to be shy on the Internet.
    But my parents think I spend too much time with online communities, and has told me over and over to stop. Finding friends Online is so much easier than in real life for me.

12. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

People who love to argue against me, and people who are so selfish. It's just those kind of people that make my life suck.

13. Spoof

Spoof Well-Known Member

Stuff that makes me sad / mad are usually flaws of humans. For example, I hate people who quit and people who can't forgive others, even if those "others" did something very awful. I may sound heartless here, but I also dislike (and what I dislike makes me sad, so I'm not making off-topic) people who can't stop crying the death of someone. If life-after-death really exists, think like the person who died: People are unable to see you, but you can see them all sad and crying. Is that cool? No. I'm not saying I never cried the death of someone, but it was only for a brief moment. And yes, it already happened to me, so don't say I'm heartless and I don't know such pain.

Welcome to Portugal, which also makes me sad. Well, not really, people here are nice, but the politics are just awful.

There is more, but I don't feel like writing.

14. Burnin'Red

Burnin'Red Official Cookie Stealer

PO Trainer Name:
    Burnin'Red.
    This, totally agree.
    When people die, their relatives cry... a lot. That makes me really sad, its like, they are still there, they see you crying, it makes them cry, so in short, it makes everybody sad...

15. Snickeor

Snickeor Member

But if there now actually is a life after death, wouldn't it make the dead sad to see everyone being indifferent instead of mourning? I think it's natural to be sad after a close one dies, although one should try to get over it.

16. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    When people argue, because for some reason, even if it doesn't involve me, or is about something I don't care about, I cry. :(

Yeah it's weird. Maybe because of people shouting.

17. PoignantLyrics

PoignantLyrics Member

What I think Pearl was hinting at was the people who clearly can't move on after the loss of a loved one, and who let the pain slowly rule their life to a point where they're neglecting those still alive. Those people really do get me down, since it seems to me that by ever constantly mourning their lost ones, they're just trying to keep them tethered to their life in some way, rather than letting go and celebrating/remembering the fond times they had with them.

For some reason, people being overly modest frustrates me. I can understand why they don't want to brag, but a lot of my classmates regularly beat themselves up over their grades or when going into exams, despite the fact their previous performances indicate they're going to do well anyway. I don't see why they can't just turn any frustrations they have over what they consider to be poor grades/performances into motivation to achieve better.

18. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Oh and while I have a post,

People who support their children no matter what they do (much more common in younger children's parents) or just deny any wrongdoing by their child altogether.
    These people where the bane of my younger years as my mother, if I got into trouble would either punish me accordingly, or if I was already punished (by a school or something) say "well that's your own fault ten you silly twat". It makes me sad because these children never learn to deal with consequences and believe they can do anything and nothing bad will come of it and in extreme cases end up delinquent or horribly spoilt.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  19. Scatter the Weak

Scatter the Weak New Member

I don't know, really. I usually don't get sad ( usually ). More like, angry and/or frustrated.

20. Satanist&Zøøphile

Satanist&Zøøphile New Member

What makes me sad? hmm..... Wow there's a lot of things that have made me sad in the past. Ranging from people that i love getting hurt like my boyfriend and my mom, & animals getting abused and killed right in front of my face. I remember back in hmm 9th grade *I think* A group of kids started playing with dead mice, trying to fling them to my face. Also when i had teachers call me abnormal as they also make fun of my sexuality and religion, i remember one time some kids where making fun of my sexual orientation and as i was trying to defend myself, the health teacher said to me that it's unethical and that i needed to go to jail. I remember crying... but that was years ago.
    people used to call me dirty names because of it and tried to beat me up, my mom used to hate how I was, as she put me into counseling though the consular just treated me like a rapist as so do a lot of people in my school, but when she, (The consular), began threatening me to take me away my mom and put me into a mental hospital because of how different i was, my mother canceled the service. There are only a few people who respect me (including my, bf), and they are the people that can always make me happy when I'm down. And my religion has also made me gain more self-esteem and realize that though life may be bad, standing up for what is right and not letting people bring you down can help make you able to take control of whatever is thrown at you and work around it to make yourself a better person. :)

21. Kinfinity

Kinfinity Member

Same here, I don't get sad I get other emotions like annoyed, angry, diasappointed etc

@person above, if that's true, that's pretty sad which is surprising cause I don't get sad...

22. Satanist&Zøøphile

Satanist&Zøøphile New Member

Yeah... it happens to alot of people who are classified as abnormal lifeforms to this world... because of who we are