1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 UU] My Gen 5 UU Team!

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Praanoob, Aug 20, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Praanoob

Praanoob New Member

Alright, well, this is new to me, but I'm needing some help with my UU team. I've topped out at about the mid 50's in ranking, but I'm having a LOT of trouble getting any higher. Anyways, here it is:

Ambipom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Fake Out
    - Double Hit
    - Pursuit
    - U-turn

Kind of my own twist to a typical Ambipom lead. EVs are just to get max in attack and speed (Honestly, I just tossed them on there and they worked). Fake Out is good for lead flinches and making people mad in mid game. Double Hit is a move I haven't personally seen used very often, maybe because it has 90 acc, but it hits almost every time, has nice STAB and Is an amazing counter to Quiver Dance Venomoth. Pursuit for pesky psychic types and ghosts that think they can switch in and U-turn to get the hell out of there if I have to.

[email protected] Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Trick

Oh man, how I love my Rotom-H. It outspeeds anything not scarfed without boosts and has nice counters to a lot of popular special walls (I'm looking at you Suicune and Roserade) and is just an overall beast. Overheat for a ton of STAB damage and T-bolt for more STAB. Will-o-Wisp just to hit some physical sweepers if I have to and Trick is amazing for stopping a lot of things that love to set up and sweep my team.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 SpD / 252 Hp / 4 Def
    Careful Nature (+ SpD, -SpA )
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

My Wish support and potential Toxic staller, Umbreon is my main Special tank. At 394 SpD he takes every hit like a boss and can even take some physical ones if he absolutely has to. Set is fairly self explanatory, and he's one of the most important parts of the team outside of Rotom.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpD / 230 SpA / 36 Spe
    Calm Nature (+ SpD, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic

I just recently replaced my Roserade with this baby and man did it work wonders. Celebi is another Special Wall, and because of that, it's able to set up almost every time I make a switch in. Thunder Wave allows it to outspeed things and make it easier to set up on the potential parahaxes as well. Calm Mind for extra SpD boosts and can actually allow Celebi to sweep if it gets 2-3 of them up. Giga Drain for more recovery along with leftovers and Psychic for some nice STAB.

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature (+ Def, - SpA)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard

I feel like this is the typical physically defensive Donphan setup nowadays, but I've seen a few others so I guess I'll explain it. Stealth Rock for switch in damage, Rapid Spin to get rid of opposing Rocks. Earthquake for STAB and Ice Shard for priority. Simple.

Gurdurr @ Evolite
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Hp / 144 Def / 112 Atk
    Adamant Nature (+ Atk , - SpA)
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge

I don't see these too often as physical attackers, but I've been using this one for a while. It's stupidly bulky with eviolite, and often doubles as a physical tank along with Donphan. Bulk Up for a potential late game sweep, Mach Punch for STAB priority, Drain Punch for STAB and fairly reliable recovery and Stone Edge to cover a lot of ghosts that like to switch in and flying types.

Overall I think my team is pretty solid, but definitely needs some tweaking. There are just too many things that are fairly common that tear it apart if I lose a certain poke or two. Any sort of help is appreciated, and will be tested when possible. I'm also sorry if it seems like I did a poor job of explaining things, like I said, this is my first time doing one of these. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Importable:
    [secret]Ambipom (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - U-turn
    - Double Hit
    - Pursuit

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Trick

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 220 SAtk / 252 SDef / 36 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Giga Drain
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard

Gurdurr (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge[/secret]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
  2. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    You lack an importable. This can be found by going into the teambuilder and clicking export text. Please PM that to me and I'll unlock.

3. Praanoob

Praanoob New Member

Alright, unlocked.

4. Kody

Kody :]

◄ " Fake Out is good for lead flinches and making people mad in mid game. Double Hit is a move I haven't personally seen used very often," thats one of the most common sets for it >.>

◄ Donphan @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature (+ Def, - SpA)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    Why not use that as a lead poke and get the SR going from the start?

◄ Celebi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 6 Spe
    Calm Nature (+ SpD, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Rest
    - Grass Knot
    - Leech Seed
    I like a set similar to this, just get the reflect up asap and then rest and switch out when low HP so that Natural Cure does its thing.

Those are just some surface details i saw, I can look in greater depth later when Im not tired :P

Moderators: Edna, fsk