1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

I might have some ideas you may be interested in

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by GreenWater10, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenWater10

GreenWater10 GreenWater10

I was thinking that if Pokemon Online are going to have a lot of changes, instead of having us download them, wouldn't it be easier to host it online? That way, we could have accounts, saving our team instead of having to delete them when we switch. Also, it would make your jobs easier in banning people, since the account would be banned, and not just the username, because anyone could just switch their username to become unbanned. It's also called Pokemon Online. Not downloading a file and playing online, plus, I can use it over many computers.

Also, for the Pokemon search on the Pokedex, would it be possible to find Pokemon within a range of base stats. There are many times I would want to find Pokemon with a base speed of 60<x<100, for example, but it would be a lot of work finding Pokemon like that. Could you also serch Pokemon by tiers too? I always want to search Pokemon by OU, UU, stuff like that.

2. supertrunks8

supertrunks8 Pwnage

Well Hosting PO Online without a download would be dumb (to me.) Also you don't have to delete your Team when you make a new one, just make a new file. :\ Also when someone bans someone they cannot just come on with a different name and be unbanned. When you get banned, it bans your I.P Address. Not just your name.

3. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

The Pokedex in Pokemon Online is unfortunately low priority coding, and no current devs have plans to improve it (as there are lots of Pokedexes on the Internet).

Also, if Pokemon Online was a web based program (as Pokemon Shotdown is), you would have to download it every time your browser cache expires or the file is changed remotely. Of course, this is efficient, because you only download the parts you are using instead of all trainer sprites / themes / pokemon sprites included in PO download.

Anyway, for the "online" part, that would be a complete different program written in completely different language, and hence it is not interesting for the project.

4. Mystra

Mystra Active Member

The problem is… cache cannot guarantee anything. Usually there is a limit on the amount of MBs it takes on disk space, therefore if you visit many sites… :}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.