Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Damage Calculator for Generation 5

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Discussion' started by Es.Houdin, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

Damage Calculator for Generation 5

This is the offline version, which is no longer supported
    [​IMG]
    Mostly followed Smogon Calc...

Downloads

It requires .Net Framework 4 Client Profile, which in turn requires Windows XP SP3 and over (Win XP SP2 will require a small update, SP3 doesn't apparently, I haven't tested that myself. Microsoft says that it requires SP3...). Chances are some of you already have it because it's distributed through Windows Update as well. Anyway, it's here:

And for the program, here

Download
    (build 18)

And the new version:

[​IMG]
    yes, it works on Mac

Ok, I expect this one to be even more buggy than the offline one. The data is downloaded at runtime, so, for example, if you type in a Pokemon name and the list doesn't show up, wait for a few seconds. I may add some kind of indicator to notify when the download is completed later (Edit: got that done). This one is now way less buggy than the offline one, and it can be installed offline as well. I removed the sprites because apparently that little eye-candy results in rather heavy server load (~more than 300 KB larger) and longer loading times by 1-2 secs. Still, consider this a "RC" version, since I can still find bugs every now and then >.>

Now this one requires Silverlight. Supported Browsers/OS are listed here (under "System Requirements"). And well...it doesn't work on Linux ._.

Thankfully, Silverlight is much more lightweight than .Net Framework, it's only about 6 MB for Windows and ~13 MB for Mac IIRC.

The app is here, Check it out
    Since I've received some complaints about the long URL, use this: http://tinyurl.com/sdamcalc ...

Here's the list of supported moves with varying base power:
    • Grass Knot
    • Low Kick
    • Water Spout
    • Eruption
    • Gyro Ball
    • Return
    • Frustration
    • Judgment
    • Hidden Power*
    • Acrobatics*
    • Stored Power*
    • Punishment*
    • Facade*
    • Brine*
    • Venoshock*
    • Hex*
    • Reversal*
    • Flail*
    • Wring Out*
    • Crush Grip*
    • Electro Ball*
    • Heat Crash*
    • Heavy Slam*
    • Wake-Up Slap*
    • Smellingsalt*
    • Bug Bite*
    • Pluck*

* These moves are only supported by the web version

Bug reports/comments/suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Katsuragi Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    It looks good :3
  3. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

it looks nice but loos kinda complicated down at the ev part i willl definitely try it though... my brain was to basic to understand slippers :D
  4. Platinum

Platinum ~tilde~

I think the evs part is easy to understand =\
  5. Eternal

Eternal こんにちは。

Nice, great job with this!
  6. badalcristiano

badalcristiano New Member

Nice! Congrats on making a successful one! I like it! Good job
  7. Blastcore

Blastcore Developer

Trying it. Omg lucky i dont need Framework since i got it with Visual Studio 10! >DD
  8. Dark Trinity

Dark Trinity New Member

It looks pretty neat. Imma try it ^^
  9. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Aw, needs a download. :P
    Well, good luck with it. ;)
  10. Dark Trinity

Dark Trinity New Member

Is there a function that calculates damage with boosted stats? If there is, I have no idea where it is.
  11. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

too bad i dont have net framework :/
    looks good from the screen
  12. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

It's at the "stats" section. Also, you can select a stat boosting move and it'll automatically apply the stat boosts

but the download link for .net framework is right there @@

well, Platinum found 2 issues with Griesous orb & Judgment. However I only knew about them after I deleted almost half of the program for some major rework. It's gonna take a few days until the next release. For the time being just edit Judgment's type and use plates over griseous orb D:
  13. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

yeah but i run sp2 Q_Q
  14. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Then update to SP3...
  15. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

Well XP is released like 10 years ago or something...updating to SP3 wouldn't be a bad idea. WPF is pretty cool
    Btw, I'm almost done with the new version
  16. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

the only prob is I don't know how xD
  17. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

You can use Windows Update, or:
    the download link for Service Pack 3
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en
    yea, it says that it's for IT professionals but actually it's just the normal offline installer.

Edit: Updated first post with the testing version
    Edit 2: Updated again, fixed a bug & added export function. Ok I'm out of ideas, any suggestions? Also I need a better way to advertise this >.>
    Edit 3: bug fix, I messed up with Guts & Flower Gift modifiers...update...
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  18. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Knocking hearts out

Is there a way for mac users to utilize this?
  19. Platinum

Platinum ~tilde~

There are some decent updates but I believe Super Basic forgot to post here. Also, I believe Super Basic is using Mac :3
  20. elkonar

elkonar New Member

Yes, boot camp Windows XP SP3 or higher with a partition on the hard drive of 10 GB+. As for a native OS X program, I cannot answer that question.
  21. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

You could try using wine.
  22. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

New update, added support for abilities that grant type immunities & balloon, fixed some bugs (mainly, crash when using a negative stat boost). Actually I almost gave up on this, but well, I used it, I found some bugs, fixed them, too lazy to upload it; today I'm having some free time so I completed it :D
    I had some plans for moving this to Silverlight (well, that would make it able to run on browsers & multi platform), but again I'm too lazy to learn MySQL, and Smogon calculator will probably beat it anyway. Right now, for me, this is just some kind of temporary replacement before Smogon calculator's completed

no...I just edited my posts to avoid double posts, but true I almost forgot about this thread the last few days, too few ppl care about it :(

And, apparently you can't run .Net framework stuffs on Mac ._. I don't use Mac that often anymore because recently I have some programming projects, and I must use visual studio.

In short, I doubt this can run on anything other than Windows
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  23. Platinum

Platinum ~tilde~

The only thing Smogon's can be better than this calculator is the movesets built-in. However, as I can see, the movesets in the QC of Smogon have many mistakes, and some cannot keep up with the game. So I don't see how Smogon can beat this if we continue to develope it. Maybe they are more popular so their calculator will be more common, but in quality? I doubt it.

So don't give up ^^
  24. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

Ah...the main problem is popularity, true...I lost motivation because of that :(

Second problem: Smogon's calculator is on browser. Even if I use Silverlight, it's still somewhat inferior because Silverlight's not that common, most people will have to download it, although it's pretty light-weight, still...

Besides, what makes our movesets better anyway. They're only better in your opinion...Smogon Analysis have some flaws atm, but they'll have them fixed. Also Wishmkr is potentially a very good source for movesets
  25. Platinum

Platinum ~tilde~

You know the reason why we don't need their movesets right?
  26. elkonar

elkonar New Member

IMO this is better than Smogon's browser-based calculator. And will only get better with updates and support from the developer.
  27. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

err...no...

problem: too few users, but I'll try to upload bug fixes every now and then
  28. Platinum

Platinum ~tilde~

Too few users because it's not advertised well, wait until it's more well-known, I'm sure it is more potential than you think.

translation ;_;
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  29. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

Any suggestions? :(

yea...right... ;_;
  30. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

Double post, but I believe a BUMP is in order :D
    Anyway, I've been busy on some other stuffs, but with huge thanks to Platinum, we got everything translated into English. I may have done one bug fix or two, but I don't even remember so I didn't increase the build number. The download link is in the first post or here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3fh4491ca4bu86d
    Platinum is the one who translated almost everything so feel free to blame him for the delay or any errors :p
    err...updated, fixed bug with weather
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  31. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    I'm not good with computers. :( What do you do from here?:

[​IMG]
  32. zeroality

zeroality Artificial Insanity

Right click the .rar and extract.
  33. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Katsuragi Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
  34. Lamppost

Lamppost New Member

This is great, thanks!
  35. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!
  36. Bhoot

Bhoot New Member

Uhm .... its gr8 thank you .

A small request if possible , Can u make one that would calibrize [i mean be in sync] with PO ?? It would take EVs of ur pokemon while take a range of max and min for opponent pokemon [like for dusclops , it can go from 296 to 792 as eviolite + nature + EVs can make it 792 max] then ofcource , the +s are available for both to see and hence give a calculation for damage by each move possible on opponent (for opponent bronzong it can be like Earthquake : 150-300 (0 if ability is levitate))
  37. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin New Member

You mean during battles?
    Nah, I think that wouldn't be possible. To get info from PO is one problem, but you also need the exact stats, nature, item for the calculations to be precise, which, under normal circumstances you cannot know for sure.
  38. Bhoot

Bhoot New Member

thats i said , that a range would be nice . I mean it can range from 15 to 200 [the +s can be seen by both sides] . And well , depending upon ur experience , u may add/subtract info . Like , u used a physical attack and it barely did any damage , from experience u can maybe add that the opponent has low EV on SpDef. [Or just skip it] As currently putting all the stuff during battle is not possible . I remember one of my fights went for like 30 mins [ i obviously did others in mean time ] coz my opponent kept using the calculator . I was just hoping that uhm from the things u can see , a basic image could be created .

For new players like myself , it gives a good basic info while for experienced players , the info can be more accurate .

And instead of taking info from PO , how about taking it from the client . Like copying the packets or something [Sorry i dunno if its possible , i m not gr8 at programing , I'd have loved to try it myself otherwise]

Uhm i m sorry if i asked for too much but i just thought it would be a excellent attachment while playing da .
  39. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

I'm having a problem that I can't understand how to apply the boost it has??
  40. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Bhoot, if I understand what you're asking (and I'm not sure I do; your posts are quite difficult to read), you're wondering if the calculator could be made to guess the EVs/nature/possible defense-boosting item of the opponent's pokemon based upon the damage your pokemon did.

First of all, that's completely impossible, due to the large number of variables involved in damage calculation, the most important of which is the random variable, making such a device completely pointless unless you hit your opponent a very large number of times. But second, you can manipulate the stats of the defending pokemon yourself in the calculator, and switch among possible spreads; for example, if your CBTar's Stone Edge does 63.8% - 75.1% to a Gliscor switching in, instead of 47.5% - 56.5%, it's obvious that your opponent is using the old 252 HP Jolly Gliscor instead of the more common 252/252 Impish spread.

It might be that I'm not understanding you correctly, and if that's true, I apologize, but what you propose just doesn't seem to have much benefit to it, and is pretty much impossible to implement to boot.