Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Eviolite

Discussion in 'LU' started by yiran, Mar 14, 2011.

1. yiran

yiran You can only use one coin.

=
    [​IMG]

Eviolite

Eviolite is an item introduced in generation 5.
    It increases both defenses of a pokemon that is able to evolve. (Phione does not count, as it cannot evolve.)

In LU, with the top fully evolved pokemon gone in OU and UU, the pre evolutions have much more potential.

Examples are:

Tangela
    Shelgon
    Metang
    Scyther
    Ferroseed
    Duosion
    Hippopotas
    Gurdurr
    Frillish
    Roselia
    Rhydon
    Natu
    Magneton
    Tangela
    Fraxure

Discuss.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

You forgot Fraxure. I used it to survive a +1 Warubiaru Stone Edge :D
  3. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Scyther gets the equivalent of base 120 in both def and spdef, I've seen PNerd run it to some extent and it is a pretty monstrous obstacle if you lose your Scarfer/Tornadus/Cobalion early game. Gligar is also a monstrous physical wall with eviolite, british gligar is pretty much a dead stop to any physical sweeper without water/ice attacks. Last but not least, would it be worth it to try eviolite Koffing? On paper it seems like it would pretty much never die on the physical side of things.

Oh, Pnerd also ran Misdreavus who seemed to take hits like an absolute champ, she's arguably the best spinblocker in LU.
  4. yiran

The problem with Misdreavus is it can't really do anything other than spin block (and perish song...). It's offenses aren't high enough, even by LU standards (due to power creep)
  5. fidgety

fidgety New Member

oh god i'm getting in on this shelgon is a huge douche with evolite IN UU i swear + 1 sheer force ice punch off of gatr wasn't doing 50% (though i was taking lo damage so there might have been an issue with the ability) but it might just see bl2 due to a set of wish/protect/toxic/(i don't remeber the last move it wasn't filler tho). gurdurr does get really really bulky. i haven't run into the others as of yet but i'll likely test some of them.
  6. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd No one listens to pnerd.

Try saying that after your physical attacker is burned and your special attackers are doing 20% per hit, and then get Pain Split right in their face. It doesn't have to hit hard, since it has a supporting move set anyway. If I have to post a set I will.

And scyther needs to be added to the list. Run spin support and watch it troll half the tier.
  7. yiran

Sorry, forgot to :x

Has anyone tried Ferroseed?

I've used it to success even in UU (providing Spikes and Leech Seed support).
  8. BenXxX

BenXxX Banned

You forgot by be-loved tangela with max def and bold nature it has 541 def with eviolite. It takes about 75% damage from CB flare blitz entei adamant nature :3
  9. vgplayer36

vgplayer36 New Member

Hippopotas is a monster, especially with eviolite, passive sandstorms, MASSIVE d's and slack off.
    Sadly, he doesn't take too kindly to Torterras. :(
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  10. Thrasher666

Thrasher666 New Member

Shelgon with eviolite is incredible, he has huge def, recovery and it has just 2 weakness (and dragon is nearly unexistent in LU)
  11. Face

Face New Member

I'm using eviolite Ivysaur with max SpD with Leech Seed/Toxic/Synthesis/Sleep Powder. Works nicely, unSTAB Ice Beams almost never 2HKO it while it chooses the appropriate move. However, it isn't a HUGE success but it has its moments =/.
  12. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz The Dragon Slayer

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Well I'm going to post a pretty solid NFE defensive core that I've been using lately.
    [SECRET][​IMG] @ Eviolite
    Trait: Overcoat / Hydration
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
    -Spikes
    -Recover
    -Toxic
    -Protect

[​IMG] @ Eviolite
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.Def
    -Whirlwind
    -Rest
    -Sleeptalk
    -Stockpile

The way this core works is simple; Shelmet comes out against a physical attacker and starts setting up spikes. If a fire type switches in Lax is switched in and thanks to Thick Fat takes it well even if it's physical. Munch's amazing special bulk helps greatly in taking special hits aimed at Shelmet and Shelmet can take any fighting attack aimed at Munch with ease. The cores main weaknesses are physical rock attacks off of high base attack stats and Staraptor/Wargle(depending on whether it's being used in DW or Wifi).

Of the pair, Shelmet is the more effective one on it's own, as it can get Spikes up as well as wall physically offensive threats. In essence, Shelmet is much like Shelgon, but can get hazards up, but not phaze and is weak to SR. The fighting resist is also useful in general.[/SECRET]
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  13. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

Well i use evolite tangela in LU under the sun, as a SWEEPER. it is amazing. i havent used it in LU yet, but i assume it could do the same thing, i can never praise this pokemon enough.
  14. Brushstroke

Brushstroke New Member

Porygon-2 with Eviolite is pretty awesome. Gives it stupidly good Def and Sp. Def, only outclassed by Dusclops for that purpose. Dusclops will have 195 base Def and Sp. Def beaten only by Shuckle.

Chansey, same reason. Outclasses Blissey now in a few cases.

Onix will have 240 base Def with Eviolite but Lairon's a better choice with higher HP and offensive stats. Lairon will have 210 Def with Eviolite.
  15. yiran

None of them are even in LU...
  16. pokemonnerd

Onix is definitely LU, as well as Lairon.

But Groshi is right about the former pairs you mentioned.
  17. yiran

Yeah I meant Porygon 2, Dusclops and Chansey.
    Lairon does seem interesting, but its typing kind of sucks.
  18. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Defensively speaking, Lairon does have pretty bad weaknesses--however, it gets some pretty awesome resistances in return.
    Problem is, most physical attackers pack EQ or a Fighting move in there somewhere.
    Special attackers don't often pack those, but Lairon doesn't have much in the way of Sp. Def anyways.
    I'd prefer to just use Aggron.

Also, anyone tried Pupitar yet? Even after a DD, it's still pretty slow (it outspeeds base 100s, I suppose), but it does get Shed Skin and its 2 STABs is pretty much explained in the word Edgequake.
    Just theorymoning though. :P
  19. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz The Dragon Slayer

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    I had tried Pupitar in SS with Curse. Worked great late-game when there were't any water or grass types left. Energy ball from Shandera was just barely not a 2HKO on max HP max Sp.Def. Generally though it's two x4 weaknesses are too common for it to function properly. I haven't tried it in LU though.
  20. Aurist

Aurist SIX walls. NO synergy. Server Staff

the thing about lairon is even powerful UU earthquakes weren't 2hkoing it, and it could curse. definitely worth running. wish it had recovery other than rest though...
  21. yiran

There are quite a few Special attackers though. Earth Power Gastrodon, Vacuum Wave Toxicroak, and some other powerful Water sweepers (like Omastar, Gorebyss, or Simipour)
  22. Aurist

well yeah. you aren't gonna be keeping him in against them, like how you wouldn't keep blissey in when threatened by a close combat or something. i used a Cresselia/Lairon core in UU to some success, but of course that can't be done in LU now
  23. pokemonnerd

Try Golbat/Lairon. It(Bat) has respectable defenses, and a set with roost/taunt/toxic makes for a wonderful anti stall set, akin to British Gligar. They also cover each other's weaknesses very well.
  24. yiran

A good pokemon that covers Lairon's weakness fairly well is Frillish, Rotom (Wifi), Parasect, Slowking, Scyther, Tangela. I'd suggest Frillish since it pairs well with Frillish and Slowking in terms of Defensive Synergy.
  25. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Ah, Golbat. In my ultimate troll team, it can actually win fights. :P
    Granted, my opponents have to really suck to lose to that team.
  26. yiran

If Golbat was slightly faster, I'd nominate it for the third triumvirate spot.
  27. BenXxX

BenXxX Banned

Golbat with Eviolite is amazing. My Adamant Life Orbed Torterra was a 2HKO with Stone Edge which it could easily Roost off to stall Life Orb/Toxic
  28. Aurist

I gotta second the endorsement of Shelmet. It may be taunt bait as hell but it's bloody good taunt bait. 1 slot for rain dance means it can keep itself status immune, remove its fire weakness and support a team; it also has spikes, recover, curse (maybe it could even run a physical move or 2 with this), encore, acid armor. Unboosted it reaches a maximum of 442 defense or 376 spdef, this is on a kinda meagre max 304 HP though.

also, imma definitely check out Golbat/Lairon core. sounds pretty pro
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  29. yiran

Golbat/Lairon core... sounds very interesting. Golbat can take Ground and Fighting hits all day, while Lairon covers three of Golbat's weaknesses.

Main problem with these are Trickscarfers. :x
  30. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

31. Aurist

because this is an LU-centric discussion? hence it being in the LU subforum? also, it would have been bumping a thread from December 2010.
  32. pokemonnerd

That's a huge problem with any primarily defensive core anyway, lol.

This. Plus the fact that the stone has a much larger impact on LU's meta than OU's, since much more pokemon can run it successfully.
  33. fidgety

fidgety New Member

has anyone tried dragonair it is a slight surprise thus far, i was expecting a solid sweeper dd/outrage/waterfall/rest with shed skin, but it has really been pretty good more so than anticipated.
  34. Gerard

Gerard New Member

the lairon/golbat core is pretty good (althoug i've used aggron), but the main problem i have is that most Rock/ground type pokes have a coverage move consistin in eartquake and rock attac
  35. Float

Float New Member

You need something to take Electric attacks, IIRC Lairon has a shitty spdef
  36. Aurist

a split of 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef Impish gives it 237 SDef which is adequate (almost equal to a 252 HP / 4 SDef Mew, Mew has higher HP) , and still retains a high as hell Def (589).
  37. yiran

Well, If a poison/steel type switches in, Toxic becomes useless. I've had countless Steels and Poisons to the face of my Golbat and my Golbat just does nothing.
  38. fidgety

fidgety New Member

larion has accesss to this amazing thing called earthquake.
  39. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill There will be pain, there will be screaming

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    You can also use sand stupport :3
  40. yiran

Unfortunately what I encountered was a Weezing.