Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Favorite Pokemon Gameboy Game

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by quicksilver, Feb 26, 2012.

1. quicksilver

quicksilver New Member

My Favorite Pokemon Gameboy Game is FireRed. I cannot tell you how many times I have beat the game. I always used Squirtle as my Starter. In my opinion, FireRed has the hardest Elite Four to beat.
    It took my atleast like 10 trys to beat it. But anyways, what is your Favorite Pokemon Gameboy Game?
  2. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Benevolent User

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitzamirin / Blitz
    Mine is Blue. Simply because you could get Starmie so easily and sweep.
  3. B. Rizzo

B. Rizzo The Best in the World

Crystal by a country mile, just because it was so epic and well made.
  4. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

I am going to have to say Emerald here. It pulled me back into Pokemon after a long departure. I enjoyed all of its content and it really opened me up to a lot more than just the 'game' such as the mechanics, EVs/IVs yadda. I loved playing through and it all felt kinda new and refreshed. Finding the Regi trio, the Lati, the weather trio, hacking ferry tickets for Pokes like Deoxys + the frontier was just great fun to me. I poured numerous hours so I could compete at the Frontier and get the symbols. And..yes I did get all 7 Golds. (x_x)

SECRET BASES ZOMG :3[/HIDE]
  5. SlimCognito

SlimCognito I'M BACK!

ZOMG MINE IS TOO. I just love it because it was the first Pokemon game I completed, and I got all Silvers at the Battle Frontier, and my Blaziken was level 97 when I finished... My team of Gyarados + Altaria + Walrein won golds in the tournaments (I loved blue at the time lol).
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Emerald fan here :D
    IMO it has the most entertaining designs out of all the generations. More well-made than gen 1, quirkier than gen 2, cuter than gen 4, and prettier than gen 5.
  7. Bamarah

Bamarah "Last of the Elites"

My favorites were Yellow, Crystal, & Emerald but if I must pick 1 it's gotta be Emerald as it had so much stuff to do.
  8. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    For the play through easily crystal so much content, for post game emerald that battle frontier was amazing.
  9. CALLOUS

CALLOUS New Member

Crystal and Emerald were, in my opinion, the two best games.
  10. Meteor64

Meteor64 TM1337 Falcon Punch

Emerald easily, but Crystal a close second. Its funny how everyones pretty much said the same thing.
    In terms of side games though, anyone play the TCG for the gameboy? SO GOOD. My favourite tactic is stalling with Chansey and its Scrunch, whilst slapping every energy I get on Eggy, and then kamikaze Chansey with Double Edge. Bring out Eggy and eggsplode.
  11. Darkpaladin109

Darkpaladin109 New Member

Im tied with Leafgreen, because it was my first pokemon game, and gameboy advance game in general, and ruby, because it was the first one I completed.
  12. TacoBell

TacoBell i'm a noob ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have to go with Pokemon Sapphire, it was like one of the first games that I spent hours playing and it was just really fun. It also is the generation that contains my favorite Pokemon like Ludicolo and Latias <3
  13. Rarity

Rarity try again

i LOVED Emerald, I have quite a history with it. I lost it like 9 times, but always bought it back, I even had vivid and wet dreams about it O.O
  14. Pokemon Online Trainer

Pokemon Online Trainer I doNt Play Pokemon

Mine is Pokemon Stadium 2 Version 6
  15. Ultimate Champion

Ultimate Champion Banned

Pokémon Crystal.
  16. SPS

SPS um ........ no

17. Kumiho

Kumiho Blasian

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Pokemone Emerald. Nuff said.
  18. Key

Key "Beat" Kody? Yeah right..

Emerald wins the thread.
  19. Meteor64

Meteor64 TM1337 Falcon Punch

And who is surprised?
  20. DSM01

DSM01 Jammin' out

I thought a lot of people felt that 3rd Gen was the worst... ;~;

I love the Hoenn games, though. I have Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and they're the only Pokemon cartridge games I ever got. Sapphire has to be my favorite because it was the first one I played, but Emerald with its Battle Frontier and Pokemon from other regions was a blast, too.
  21. Poison Pharaoh

Poison Pharaoh New Member

My favorite Pokemon game for the Game Boy is Pokemon Emerald because of the great storyline. It kept the usual 'criminal syndicate attempts to take over the world' plot, but it also featured very advanced graphics and scripting for its in-game events (e.g. intense sunlight/rain on the overworld; the Battle Frontier must've required a lot of tedious scripting on the developers' part). Emerald also has some very well composed soundtracks that I wouldn't mind listening to today; even with the better audio quality 'new' systems such as the Nintendo DS have to offer. The theme that the Hoenn Region represented - Nature - really affected how the game was designed, Routes and all, and I really appreciated the vivid, colorful images the game presented before me as a child. Along with all of that, the Battle Frontier definitely gives the gamer looking for '100% completion' of the game something to do after completing the game's main storyline.
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  22. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto No heroes

PO Trainer Name:
    Mylo Xyloto