Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Fixed] GSC Belly Drum Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Solved Bugs' started by smbcha (Derwin), Dec 13, 2011.

1. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

[​IMG]
    When user has less than half HP and uses Belly Drum, it still increases attack by two stages.
    I am completely sure this is not supposed to happen in the real game.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak I shall grind beneath my heel all that exists! Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I am completely sure that you are incorrect. This is actually the correct mechanics.

There is no actual bug here, only the message bug. This forum is not for asking questions, it is for posting bugs.

Topic locked.
  3. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

Unlocking due to new evidence: http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/belly_drum.html

I believe we're using Stadium 2 mechanics for GSC until we are able to do subgenerations, due to less buggyness.
  4. coyotte508

coyotte508 Administrator Administrator

then put a confirmed tag around it!
  5. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning
    I managed to do it. Heh.

Thank you Ete for the extra info.
  6. eric the espeon

I was waiting for dev confirmation on changing cart to stadium mechanics being a policy.
  7. coyotte508

shadowfist fixed it!
  8. Jørgen

Jørgen Sniper

Well, that takes away a key strategic element of GSC that's been in place since all of ever. I understand that it's technically correct, but it's kinda silly to be taking away elements of the metagame that have been around forever just because of the arbitrary decision to use Stadium mechanics as opposed to cart mechanics.

/end rant

I guess I can adapt, but I don't really like it...

Oak EDIT: I fully agree.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  9. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning
    I sincerely apologize for the upcoming disadvantage. I am only doing what I can do for the server.
  10. Crystal_

Crystal_ Member

Please don't do it guys. Don't change 10 year old metas for no reason. Even if PO uses stadium mechanics, the main goal should be making it as similar as possible to GSC, because that is what has always been played. As the name says its Gold/Silver/Crystal, not stadium.

Please, wait until you do the subgenerations, or at least let GSC players decide about this.
  11. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there Super Moderator

It has been GSC since its implementation, at least it has been supposed to be.
  12. coyotte508

Well all blame smbcha :)

If a GSCer reverses the change in the code, i'm ok with it and won't undo it.
  13. eric the espeon

Or better still, we stay consistent and take this as an incentive to get subgenerations working properly, make that like a #4 priority (webclient, RBY, probably something else really urgent).