Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with new ability.

Discussion in 'General' started by Black Mother, Dec 31, 2011.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl
  1. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Hello everyone.
    *hopes this is in the correct place*
    I am in the process of making another metagame in Pokemon, involving drastic changes within the Pokemon themselves and other sections. One of these sections I need help with are abilities.

I am trying to make a new ability, called "Sun Life", which heals your health by 1/16 HP after every turn in Sun (like Ice Body and Rain Dish). I opened up the "ability_effects_5G" folder in the db, and I edited the following line:

36#Minus

...into this: '32-4#Sun Life'

I figured this line would be the appropriate one because by looking at Rain Dish and Ice Body, "32" represents the digit for healing 1/16 HP every turn, and "4" stands for being activated in Sun (Drought's number is 4).
    After changing this line, the Pokemon I gave the ability to doesn't get the ability's effect in Sun (tested on a server I'm running).

Now the thing with this is... I made another ability titled "Sand Skin" which is JUST like Sun Life except under Sand, obviously. Sand Skin's line, 32-3#Sand Skin, WORKED on a Pokemon I gave it to, so this is the part that really makes me confused.
    Does anyone know what might be the problem here? (Sand Skin replaced Pickup, and Sun Life replaced Minus)
  2. Viderizer

Viderizer Admin/Developer

If you replace the Minus ans Pickup lines, it will of course replace them >_>
  3. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking why Sun Life (Minus) didn't work, but Sand Skin (Plus) did. I typed in the correct line and it's still not working which is why I need help here.

I've made about 4 other brand new abilities and they all worked fine, besides Sun Life.
  4. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there Super Moderator

32-4

That is the line that should work for healing effect in sunny weather.

If you can't get it working you can pastebin the file.
  5. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Yep, I had that. It's not working... yet the weird thing is, 32-3 for Sandstorm works. Here's the pastebin of my ability_effects file:

http://pastebin.com/n7kDAP4a

As you can see... I replaced:

8-1#Snow Blitz with 45#Plus

32-4#Sun Life with 36#Minus

Snow Blitz (double speed in Hail) works, and Sun Life doesn't. :/
  6. Lamperi

By replacing my ability_effects_5G.txt with the pastebinned one I managed to actually use the ability:

The sunlight is strong!
    Lamperi's Manectric's Minus heals it!

Maybe you didn't set the correct ability or something?
  7. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

I gave it the correct ability and I even can confirm it in TeamBuilder.

Let me try doing what you did- Replace my normal PO's ability_effects_5G with the one I uploaded on Pastebin.
  8. Lamperi

You need to replace the server one, not client one.
  9. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Ohhhhhhh. I had the wrong line which I forgot to change for my server DB. I had 31-4 in the server, and 32-4 in the client. lmao Thanks Lamperi, this problem is fixed.
  10. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Bump for a new issue. (I figured it's better than being more annoying and making another thread...)

I wanted to change Air Lock so that is permanently removes Weather, instead of just ignoring it. In abilityeffects_5G, I am fully aware that 14 is the digit for permanent weather upon entering the battle, and that 0 is for no weather. So I changed Air Lock from '89#Air Lock' into '14-0#Air Lock', and I gave Air Lock to Pidgeot. Now here's the issue:

Whenever I switch in Pidgeot (while Sandstorm is up), BOTH mine and the opponents' Pokemon-Onlines crash. Air Lock used to work before when cancelling out weather, however now PO just freezes upon switching Pidgeot on. I tested this with other Pokemon whom I gave Air Lock to such as Dragonite... and PO still crashed. Both my server and PO db are the same exact thing, and I tested it with Hail, Rain, and Sun as well.

After numerous tests, I figured it most likely had something to do with the program itself, and not on my part.
  11. Lamperi

Drizzle and friends start weather. While server copes fine and does exactly what do you mean, client tries to find a message for normal weather starting message, which it does not find. This is a bug in client – it shouldn't crash despite what server sends to it.
  12. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Ah, alright then thanks. Glad to see it's not an issue on something I've done lol.
    I hope this bug gets fixed in the next update!
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl