Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Liepard discussion

Discussion in 'LU' started by Project Oppenheimer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

[​IMG]
    Liepard
    Stats:
    HP: 64
    Attack: 88
    Defense: 50
    Special Attack: 88
    Special Defense: 50
    Speed: 106
    Abilities:
    Limber
    Unburden
    Prankster

Overview: I was shocked to find Liepard in LU, of all places. Its stats aren't the best, but they make for a passable mixed sweeper set, and it's fast, too. But the thing that caught my eye about Liepard is that it has been blessed with one of Generation 5's most broken new abilities: Prankster. In addition to that, it has Swagger and STAB Foul Play, a combination that can completely turn the tide in a battle.

The troll
    [SECRET]
    Liepard (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -SpecialAtk)
    252 Speed / 252 HP / 6 Atk
    -Swagger
    -Shadow Claw
    -Substitute
    -Foul Play

My god, this set is horrible. +6 Blissey kills itself, Conkeldurr will go down very quickly, Gengar, Chansey maybe, Heracross, Alakazam... I was facing a 5-0 once, and then Liepard killed their whole team singlehandedly. The idea is basic. Set up a Sub on something Liepard will likely force out (Alakazam), and then use Swagger on their switch. If they kill your Sub, make another Sub, and repeat. Foul Play has 142.5 Base Power after calculating STAB, and after Swagger, it will hit with horrific power, and your opponent will likely say: "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ATTACK???!!!!!!!" Shadow Claw is to hit something with low health (Forretress that used Sturdy to survive), and to grab a quick revenge kill. As a bonus, it hardly cares about Intimidate, as you only need the opposition's Attack stat to be high. ONLY USE THIS SET AS A LAST RESORT, IF YOU USE IT TOO EARLY AND MISPREDICT, IT COULD RUIN THE REST OF YOUR TEAM!
    [/SECRET]

Epic Anti-lead
    [SECRET]
    Liepard @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -SpecialAtk)
    252 Speed / 252 HP / 6 Atk
    -Fake Out
    -Taunt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Night Slash

EPIC ANTI-LEAD ALERT! It simultaneously uses Fake Out to break Focus Sashes and Sturdy users, uses priority Taunt to stop Whimsicott (and everything else) from setting up stat boosts / setting down hazards, uses priority Thunder Wave to cripple the opponent (Liepard takes this Taunt-Status combo from Thundurus), and Night Slash to dish out a bit of damage and finish off weakened opponents later in the game. You can also try switching Focus Sash for Escape Button for some extra usability and lol's, but Focus Sash is generally better, as you are guaranteed to survive a crushing blow from things like Ferrothorn's Paralyzed Gyro Ball.
    [/SECRET]

Discuss Liepard here.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

It seems interesting, to me. It doesn't have recovery, which hurts, and its defenses suck, but who knows? I underestimate a whole lotta stuff.
  3. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

Prankster is such a good ability, and with taunt/encore it can work very well in disrupting an opponents set up.
  4. Harry

Harry Banned

prankster assist roar :3
  5. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Yeah, it could be a decent mixed sweeper with nasty plo- ARE YOU SERIOUS, NO USABLE STAB MOVES?

You're better off using Eviolite Monmen or even Eviolite Purrloin, they both do its job a lot better while actually having some sort of semblance of bulk instead of a trollish base speed that it will never need.
  6. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz The Dragon Slayer

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    inb4 someone makes an assist whirlwind team with hail and makes your swallow those words
  7. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

Purrloin still does the job better.
  8. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I'm pessimistic about frail things that can't hit hard. Cool it gets priority Thunder Wave but thats all the good things about it. Its defenses are about 10% greater than that of Deoxys N and it has horrible offenses. 88 mixed with Sucker Punch, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot and Hidden Power is pretty much all it gets offensively. Defensively it gets Charm but lol you still die in two hits instead of one. Foul Play is at best a 95 BP STAB move running off 130~ Attack but at worst its running off like 50 attack uninvested vs a Rotom or something.

Priority Thunder Wave is the only reason I would consider this as being good for anything besides a gimmick Assist team.
  9. Face

Face New Member

I'll still prefer Eviolite Monmen, much, much bulkier..
  10. Shadowheart

Shadowheart Free Hitmonlee

Trust Vuvu =P

Also, with all this discussion about lack of attacking power. Erufuun and monmen have no real attacking power. Thats not the real point of prankster users (with the exception of Thunderus.) Hell, sableye uses nightshade as its primary attacking move. Still i do agree that lack of defenses is a problem which make me lean towards purrloin also.
  11. Stofil

Stofil Hello Miss Galaxy

The thing is that Liepard is also by far the worst staller of the bunch, it has a bad defensive typing, below average bulk and its only niche is priority thunder wave and gimmicky assist teams. Monmen and Erufuun can leech seed, Sableye has reliable recovery and a decent defensive typing, Tornadus and Voltolos has great attacking-stats. Any kind of priority except sucker punch and shadow sneak, whether it be fake-out or mach punch, will also do a good chunk and probably go before assist due to having to invest so much in bulk. Attacking power is only the top of the iceberg when it comes to Liepard, just use Purrloin if any of the others aren't LU by this point (which Monmen and Tornadus is).
  12. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

13. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Ah, yes, Liepard Assist Whirlwind.
    God that team was evil. Luckily I had Balloon Dory; it was literally the last Pokemon standing.
  14. Gerard

Gerard New Member

Assist V-generate is the best move i've seen, try it with a choice band and you'll see how much shit this kitty can destroy
  15. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

I'll try both sets as soon as I can get them put together. Uh, no one's commented on the Foul Play set? It's worked quite well.
  16. Gerard

Gerard New Member

i've tried it with sableye and it was very good, but the main reason i stopped is that many foes snapped out of confusion and started to sweep my team
  17. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

well, that's the problem. Set up a sub first on something that will try to status you or inhibit your sweeping, like Ferrothorn's Leech Seed or Thunder Wave.
  18. angelalala

angelalala New Member

I dont know... seems visble but as stated, Evolite Cottonee and Purrloin are better... The bulk is useful, especially since you want to get off as many swaggers, t waves, ect. Besides, its stats are teriible. I looked at it, OMG a Nasty Plot Prankster! Gasp!!! Then I realized no STAB special moves... But this guy used this with Unburden, Liechi Berry, Substitue, Sucker Punch, Fake Out and Thunder Wave and it was okay... Also, it does have a recovery move... but alas, its rest.
  19. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

Liepard doesn't need recovery if it's sweeping.

Edit: OK, made a cooler set! EPIC ANTI-LEAD TIME!!! It works insanely well, the only problem is I can't kill off Forretress and Ferrothorn like Thundurus can, but I do get Fake Out, which is a nasty surprise to the opposition.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  20. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

Oh wow, this anti-lead set is great
  21. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

That's the point of the set. Almost no one expects it.