Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] My Wifi team:

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Firer, Jun 2, 2011.

Moderators: fitzy
  1. Firer

Firer Owner

Nidoking (M) @ Mental Herb
    Trait: Rivalry
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake

Tentantel (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip

Skelabra (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Energy Ball
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Deoxys-S @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Superpower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psycho Boost

Caesurio (Bisharp) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

Ramoth (Volcarona) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Ice][/HIDE]

[​IMG]

Nidoking (M) @ Mental Herb
    Trait: Rivalry
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake

I wanted a lead who isnt so common and is able to lay T-Spikes.
    I took Nidoking, his defenses arent bad and he can lay SR too.
    Taunt is for other Leads and Mental Herb if they are faster Taunt users like Deoxys.
    Eq is my damaging move does around 75% to Espeon.

[​IMG]

Tentantel (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip

Ferrothron is my wall and he does his Job great.
    He lay Spikes and cripple Sweepers with Thunder Wave.
    Incoming Sweepers like Latias or boosting Sweepers like Salamence.
    Leech Seed and Leftovers for healing and Power Whip for damage.

[​IMG]

Skelabra (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    - Energy Ball
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I needed a partner for Ferrothorn as well as Ghost for Rapid Spinner.
    I choose Chandelure over Jellicent, because I wanted special power and not stall and switch wars.
    Flash Fire catches the Fire attacks firer on Ferrothorn and the Ghost type Fighting attacks and Rapid Spinn. You need to go sure you dont misspredict, because of its poor defences.
    It cant catch the Rapid Spinners anymore, because the lack of Shadow Tag, but the hazrds kill them anywhay if they try to often to come in.
    HP ice is for the dragons and a way to OHKO Garchomp, Shadow Ball is stab, Energy Ball is for covergae and water pokemon and Flamethrower is the other stab.
    I choose FLamethrower over Overheat, because it isnt so much the hit and run poke it was with Shadow Tag. A boosted Flamethrower can even defeat from hazards weakened poke who resist fire moves.

[​IMG]

Deoxys-S @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Superpower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psycho Boost

You maybe think: Why does he give the fastest Pokemon in the game a scarf.
    Deoxys-S with scarf outspeeds everything! Dory in sand, ludicolo in rain, venesaur in sun and dd mence! And ohko them all. It has a better special movepool so i maked a special set, because Dory gets even with atk evs OHKOd. Becasue this Pokemon is a hit and run poke I choose Psycho Boost over Psychokinese. The only Problem is it get easy countered. But normaly it takes a important/the main Pokemon out before the opponent realise how it works and counter it. Im thinking of using Normal Deoxys over him, but the speed form can also take a hit, what the normal form cant. I will test the normal form and edit it.

[​IMG]

- Sucker Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

I always wanted to use Bisharp and so i put him in my team.
    Sucker Punch is stab and prio and ohko even unboosted nearly all Reuniclus what is really helpful.
    Brick Break is for the nearly berfect coverage.
    After SD you nearly OHKO everything and sub helps boosting.
    And what is maybe the best: Many opponents dont know him...
    ... and get OHKOd by Sucker Punch!

[​IMG]

Ramoth (Volcarona) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Ramoth turned already some lost games in a win.
    He like to come in on walls, who have no status inflicting move like Ferrothorn.
    But even if they have you can use one time Quiver Dance thx to the lum berry.
    It is good against prio status too.
    Because I have no rapid spinner I took it over LO.
    Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz as Stab.
    HP for the bulky dragon.
    It have just problems with Blissey, Chansey and Heatran.

Yeah, this was my team.
    I like how often it can bring all hazards out.
    Pls rate it and say what I could change.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    What Hidden Power is it on Volcarona?

I'd get rid of Nidoking for a lead; Nidoking is more of an attacking pokemon then support. I reccomend Tentacruel (SpDef type) with Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Scald, Knock Off. This may help vs Blissey + Chansey and other rain teams.

Also, try a more defensive Ferrothorn rather then special. You already have Quiver Dance Volcarona and Tentacruel.

Nice team. :)
  3. Firer

Firer Owner

hmm...
    Ill try it. But actually i had no problems with chansey/blissey and like the taunt. But ill try. With ferrothorn youre right.
    Ill change it.
    Oh, and its hp ice, i fixed it!

Edit: And i like the SR! But a Special Wall would Be nice. For heatran!
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  4. Shaymin

Shaymin New Member

Decent synnergy on your team, but there's alot of redundancey with deoxys and chandy. I'd make that deoxys a lead set.

Like this:
    (this being deoxys-n)

Deoxys @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 178 Atk / 80 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Magic Coat / Thunderwave
    - Psycho Boost
    - Superpower

That set is a much better lead than nidoking is. If you're going to use nidoking, I'd use it as a wallbreaker.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Encourage
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Earth Power

That's a really good wallbreaking set, and you could just swap it to a physical version if you'd like.
    deoxys is a better lead for setting up rocks, and nido is a good wallbreaker. Though Nido is mor comfortable in lower tiers, You could still use it in OU if you wanted to.

Overall, your team has good synnergy. I wish you luck :)

Have any questions or in need of more suggestions, just toss me a PM. =]
  5. amne

amne Guest

looks pretty good, IMO tho, 2 scarfers are not a dream senario.
  6. Firer

Firer Owner

i need scarf deoxys.
    it counters dory ALWAYS!
    once ferrothron has less life full hp dory sweeps my entire team.
  7. NightShift

NightShift Member

Substitute + Life Orb= Suicide <_<
    If you want to counter Excadrill SO BAD, get a Skarmory Or Gliscor both of which counter Excadrill VERY well.
    Your also wasting Deoxys-s Purpose as a lead so again Skarmory can replace Deoxys-S.
  8. Rina

Rina Banned

This team made me think alot. Two defensive pokemon, followed by three offensive pokemon and then one bulky set-up sweeper. Taking note of synergy, I have thought of a few changes. :]

I would recommend Deoxy-S over Nidoking in the lead position. Since Chandelure, Bisharp, formerly Deoxys-S, and Volcarona are fast sweepers and Spikes would turn certain 2HKOs into OHKOs. Toxic Spikes is meant for stalling because poison damages over time, hence you "stall" for it. I noticed that you put Mental Herb on Nidoking. If you are really skeptical about Taunt, you could always add Magic Coat to your moveset. I understand that you like Nidoking, so I wont be a bitch and wouldn't ask you to replace it. Although you want to use it as a special sweeper. With Choice Scarf (You need the speed!) this makes Nidoking a potent revenge killer. It also allows you to lure Chansey and Blissey, if your opponent should utilize them.

Since we now have a Deoxys-S to set Spikes, we can now swap Spikes on Ferrothorn for Protect. Combined with Leech Seed, this gives Ferrothorn its well needed healing. When used correctly, Ferrothorn becomes a potent wall, however don't allow your opponent to set-up on you. Everything else on Ferrothorn looks fine.

Now for the biggest change on this team: swap Chandelure for Gengar. This gives you more insurance against hazards seeing you don't have a rapid spinner. Gengar also allows you to handle stall a lot better, especially since your team is quite weak to stall. Try using a Pain Split|Hidden Power [Fire]|Shadow Ball|Focus Blast set. This also allows you to lure most of Volcarona's counters without locking yourself into a Choice Scarf. Some examples are Tyranitar, Excadrill, and most importantly: Magikarp and every other Swift Swimmer I guess.

I wouldn't recommend using Bisharp. But Substitute and Life Orb? Come on. You know better than that!! :] If you insist on using Bisharp, put Leftovers instead of Life Orb. But if you ask me, I suggest using Roobushin, he should help you with your Excadrill weakness that you've been worried about (seriously, Scarfed Deoxys-S)

This should make it a team of Deoxys-S, Ferrothorn, Gengar, Nidoking, Conkeldurr, Volcarona. I figured trying to support Volcarona is your best hope in this team. Try to get a rapid spinner somewhere, though I'll leave that to you because I would've put a Starmie over Nidoking. But since you value your Nidoking, I don't know where else to put it. Good luck! :]

6/10 :]
  9. AGreezy

AGreezy New Member

you have a lot of UU pokes that roles could be filled better by some OU pokemon... id take away nidoking and bisharp and put different pokes onto it
  10. Firer

Firer Owner

You have good arguments, and i guess I can replace him for starmie.
    I See that sub/LO isnt a great idea, but maybe Ill change just sub? He is a great reuniclus Counter Even after 6 CMs. And after SD he defeats so many pokes before the opp knows how to counter it or he dies to LO. Everyone knows roobushin and how to Counter him.
    I can put Deoxys-S in lead Position and change ferrothorns set.
    Gengar over Chandelure is a nice idea. Oh, and I already saw Gengars who survived a Rock Slide from dory. What ev Split do I Need for that? And does hp fire ohkos him? Because Focus blast Miss so often.

@NightShift: Skarm and ferrothorn? Ehen I Build this Team i was thinking about skarm, but I had ferrothorn so he didnt came in. I though then about putting him over ferrothorn, but ferrothorn is a great Rain Counter.

Oh, and thx for all the answers!!!!
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  11. El InToCaBlE!

El InToCaBlE! Member

- Sucker Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break - Iron head

Iron head for STAB and is more usually
  12. Firer

Firer Owner

I can put it over sub, but not over brick break.
    i need the coverage.
    but thx for the post.
Moderators: fitzy