Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Pokémon Online v2.0.1

Discussion in 'News' started by coyotte508, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyotte508

coyotte508 Administrator Administrator

Sup! New update with plenty of fixes.

You can have the full changelog here. Let me go through the most important changes:

Battle window

This only for the new battle window:
    • It's larger
    • It supports animated pokemon sprites
    • It keeps track of the foe's PP usage
    • There's an animated logger which means that battle info is displayed directly on the battle screen (optional)
    • There are fixes and all, new animation for flare blitz, aura sphere, bullet seed, calm mind.

You can have a preview of how it looks like on youtube!

For people who still have problem with the new battle window, Qt 5 will probably be released soon for windows and so next update those problems should be gone.

Smogon Plugin

The smogon plugin is now integrated in the teambuilder (i know, it could look better!). This makes it a lot easier to use. Do not forget, to enable the smogon plugin, go in Plugins>PluginManager and add it.

Replay viewer

Replay viewer has now some controls. Try it!

PMs
    PM Logging fixed. Also, there are now tray notifications in the taskbar when you're on another program and someone PMs you. This was in order to remove flashes, which were annoying.

Webserver plugin
    This is NOT a way to access PO from browser, only server configuration for server admin (but do not fret, webclient is on its way!).

By enabling the plugin server-side, you can now configure your server remotely through your browser (using http://lamperi.name/po.html or the webpage web/webserver.html in the po folder)

It makes it really easy to edit tiers, scripts etc without having to boot up VNC, plus this means that you can run your server in headless mode without worry.

Others

Well there is plenty of other stuff (including scripting changes) mentioned in the change log!

Download
    Windows
    Mac
    Linux
    (debian package coming soon)

If you crash when going in teambuilder try removing existing plugins
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  2. Elements

Elements <b>Don't Blink</b>

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    Definitely love seeing animations and the beautiful new battle window. Good update. Though everyone should make sure to uncheck Old Battle Window in the Battle Option tab to be able to use the New Battle Window.
  3. Professor Oak

Professor Oak I shall grind beneath my heel all that exists! Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm personally not a fan of the playerlist being made larger by the additional spacing between names.

That's the only negative I can find. Dammit coyo, you're getting better at this!
  4. Abby Yoga

Abby Yoga New Member

hmm, i think there's a not responding problem when in the middle of the battle. i tried my first battle and it crashes owo but the 2nd battle it didn't. i just concerned that if this crash problem is continuous we can't really enjoy laddering like we supposed to XD
    Example before crashes:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. Shadowdrey17

Shadowdrey17 New Member

Is anyone else having a shuddering problem with the animations? Its really annoying and i feel like I'm gonna have an epileptic seizure. Also I am unable to download the smogon plug-in. Any solutions or advice would be helpful. Thank you.
  6. Abby Yoga

Abby Yoga New Member

umm... nope, maybe you just can't get use to it in the first time with this new feature XD
  7. ZodiaK

ZodiaK Get the fuck off my porch

1st) I'd have to agree with Oak, the username spacing seems a bit too-much spaced. Maybe reducing it a bit would be better

2nd) I really like how the teambuilder and the box center has now been "merged" together somewhat, this will be very useful for box-use and making teams from them.

3rd) [hide][​IMG][/hide]

Smogon plug-in set thing merged into the team builder is also a great idea but there is so much empty white space, and they should tighten it up so you can view most of it without having to drag a lot.

Also, this isn't new but, The Pokemon Slot Thumbnails should really be larger like PO v1 as PO v2s teambuilder was really going backwards. Also including the item in the thumbnail would be nice, like v1. Less move space wouldn't be bad either proportionally speaking.

The boxes tab being put after Slot#6 is fine but why not put the trainer menu tab next to it also. perhaps seperated by a space first though.

4th) [hide][​IMG][/hide]

I know this was addressed in the Battle Window thread but, we still can't see hazards on the field on the new battle window unless something is wrong with my client.. And I'd suggest moving the Male + level to by the name, and ridding that extra line in the information box. but thats just my advice on that.

5th) I played around with the replay viewer, Some of my more recent logs work just fine and I have the new controls, but if I try to load older logs, PO tells me the client does not support these files, and then the Client crashes. It would be nice of the controls were tagged with like "pause/play", i believe the second one was "skip turn" and the last I think was a "constant skip-turn".

just my 2 cents so far
  8. coyotte508

Try disabling 16:9 in new battle window option, or use old battle window and wait for next update
    Same. Also Smogon plugin is already there, in plugin manager add it, it's in your Po folder/myplugins/SmogonPlugin.dll
  9. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there Super Moderator

10. Princess Luna

Princess Luna Resident Pegasister

THe Smogon plugin Crashes my PO
    And i crashed twice out of nowhere once battling drapht the other straght afterwards
  11. Kumiho

Kumiho Blasian

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Not sure if this is on purpose and mentioned somewhere, but when you try to watch two battles at the same time, the first battle you watch will have the new battle window, but then when you click to watch another battle, the battle has the old battle window.
  12. Lamperi

About having only one new battle window visible at the same time:
    It is a restriction in Qt 4 and a work around. It will be fixed when Qt 5 is released.
  13. ZoroDark

ZoroDark Wasting My Young Years Forum Moderator

Whenever I try to open the Mac download, it says the following:
    "Not Found

The requested URL /pokemon-online/Pokemon-Online-2.0.10.dmg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at lamperi.name Port 80"
  14. Lamperi

Ok fixed that, sorry.
  15. wedfrgthzukoiöp

wedfrgthzukoiöp New Member

Idk. why, but the sprites arent animated at the start of a battle.
    "I'd have to agree with Oak, the username spacing seems a bit too-much spaced. Maybe reducing it a bit would be better"
    ^ I agree.

The move 'Flash Cannon' (Blitzkanone) in the german translation 'looks' like Zap Cannon. (Teambuilder).
    The german name for 'german' isnt 'Deütsch', its 'Deutsch' (Language). xd
  16. coyotte508

Sprites aren't animated at the start because it loads animated sprites from the internet!

Username spacing is a theme issue

The last two are to be reported in bug & fixes!
  17. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Beyblade

Looks great so far. But I've been having one massive issue. The teambuilder is not working. I've re-installed and Run as Admin to no success.
    This is what happens when I click on teambuilder:

[​IMG]
  18. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    I agree with everyone else saying the names are a little two far spaced apart but I'm sure I'll get used to them if coyo thinks they are an improvement.
  19. Ethan

Ethan New Member

Remove any plugins you have installed and update them.
  20. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Beyblade

Worked wonders, thanks :)
  21. AmourShipper

AmourShipper meh i'm bored

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    I like the animated sprites. They're pretty fucking awesome.

The names being large spaced is rather disturbing though...
  22. chimpakt

chimpakt New Member

I'm getting the same problem. :[
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  23. coyotte508

you can change the spacing in the themes option: open Themes/Classic/default.css and change
    Code (css):
    1. Client QTreeWidget::item {
    2.     min-height: 25px;
    3. }
    To 20 px;

Then reload the stylesheet (in the themes menu)
  24. Liked

Liked New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liked
  25. Abby Yoga

Abby Yoga New Member

When will the update came out :'o?
  26. coyotte508

Well, Qt needs to release Qt 5 for mingw. It should come soon after that.
  27. Symphony

Symphony New Member

I'm having the same problem. While I'm pretty sure it won't give me any seizures, the flickering is really annoying. Is there any way to fix it?
  28. AmourShipper

AmourShipper meh i'm bored

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    I'd like to know as well, because the animations, especially the one for EQ, are annoying. I literally had a headache from the shuddering of the EQ animation.
  29. Steve

Steve Administrator Administrator

30. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck New Member

I'm having that very same problem. :(

But I fixed it now so I'm happy :)
  31. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl Developer & Super Mafia Admin Forum Moderator

To change the bot color back to the old color: (CommandBot/CountBot/half of the Mafia related bot messages/etc)

Theme/[Classic or whatever you use]/mainchat.css

#3daa68 is the old botcolor

/* timestamp and name of scripted message / unknown name */
    .script-message-begin {
    color: #318739;

Replace the bolded part.
    Reload styles afterwards
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  32. SammyGirl

SammyGirl New Member

Unfortunately, I downloaded the new version (for windows) and whenever I try to access team builder, the game crashes. I have no idea why, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried reinstalling, but that didn't work. Anyone else having a similar problem?
  33. Ethan

Ethan New Member

Many people, actually. Go to Plugins -> Plugin Manager and either update your plugins or just remove them..
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  34. SammyGirl

SammyGirl New Member

Thanks. Altogether removing them fixed it, so I greatly appreciate that. I don't use the plugins really, at least not right now, so it's all good.

but for people who use them, I imagine completely removing them is frustrating.
  35. yalaa

yalaa Mafia Theme Scripter

PO Trainer Name:
    x-yalaa-x
    hmm , coyotte508 , i was having that probléme , all you must do is try to change the old battle window , and change to new again , keep doing that [i mean it , you must keep doing it ] then change to old action boutton and keep changing , that help me i will give ScreenShot later ;)
  36. coyotte508

Readding them from the correct location (the new installation folder) will make them work fine
  37. pepi_1912

pepi_1912 New Member

I get this when trying to go online
    Connecting to registry ...
    Connection is taking longer than expected ... You can try a different connection.
    I could help with this
  38. Zhin-Zhaw Gourneau

Zhin-Zhaw Gourneau Dragon Tamer

So is this not available for windows? Cuz I downloaded it 2 days ago and its still the classic with no animation at all.:confused:
  39. Ethan

Ethan New Member

Battle options -> Untick "Old battle window" ...
  40. Forum Name

Forum Name Still unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Ununoctium
    PO crashes everytime I try to open teambuilder

Edit: I cant have a plugin
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.