Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Pokemon Myths / Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Hobbes2, May 6, 2012.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl
  1. Hobbes2

Hobbes2 Aren't I dead or something

PO Trainer Name:
    Hobbes2
    Title pretty much says it all, post some crazy / outlandish pokemon myths you know, even the rare ones that might be true.

I'll start with random ones i remember

If you do *insert crazy thing* a million times, you can get mew in your game

Nope. It should be obvious why not.

Gengar is the shadow of clefable

Well, that's up to gamefreak. I mean they look a ton a like and stuff and if you look at an image of both of them together, it looks like they are too similar to be a coincidence, but it probably is one.

Butterfree was switched with venomoth

Another possible, though its probably a coincidence (though look at the sprites, it is pretty creepy)

Ditto is a failed Mew clone

This one is weird. Ditto has the same weight as Mew, same colors when shiny and normal, and both learn transform. Put the rest together.

When paras evolves, the mushroom kills it and takes over its body

I always thought if this one was true, it would change to a grass and ghost type.

Game Freak snuck mew into R/B/Y without telling nintendo

IIRC, there's evidence for this, but i dont remember where

In the Red/Blue games when you meet your rival in the Lavender Tower (Ghost Tower) he asks you about do you know how it feels to have a dead pokemon. From that point on in the game you never see his Raticate again

...I personally think might be true, but if it is, that's pretty damn creepy

Psyduck and Golduck had a name switch somewhere. Psyduck is golden, and Golduck has 'psychic powers'

Possible. Pretty strange, now that i think about it.

So yeah, post your own, hopefully we'll get some pretty cool ones.
  2. Omega Hawk

Omega Hawk Time to tip the scales

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. SPS

SPS um ........ no

Everyone probably knows this, and I'm not sure if this counts as a myth and what not but:

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres

Oh, and the Mew one is pretty nice I'll try it out later.
  4. Soma is Batman

Soma is Batman Time for a SOMARAND!

PO Trainer Name:
    Soma is Batman
    Bulbapedia is your friend.
    They also wrote an article about the parasect, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Also, the anime's been pretty bad with release times. While it's probably not related, the Tentacool & Tentacruel episode contained a giant tentacruel smashing 2 identical buildings aired around 9/11. Also, and episode about Whiscash causing earthquakes aired on the same day as a huge earthquake in japan.
  5. WizzleKidd

WizzleKidd Wizzlin' PO since Feb '11

Kanghaskan supposed to have been related to Cubone.
  6. TacoBell

TacoBell i'm a noob ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. D-21

D-21 Lurking

Good ol' Lavender town Syndrome..

One that I believed or, wanted to be real for awhile was, that in third gen. they had a space center, and at 100 launches, you would travel to space and get Deoxys / Jirachi :(
  8. SPS

SPS um ........ no

Muk spell backwards is Kum
  9. CALLOUS

CALLOUS New Member

This isn't a myth. That IS how the birds were named. A lot of the gen 1 names are just two words put together. Examples include all of the starters and the Machop line (macho chop, macho choke, macho champ).

As for the final part... Again, this isn't a myth, as that is indeed what you get when you spell the name backwards, but it's also extremely stupid and immature and clearly NOT why the Pokemon was named.
  10. Cirno

Cirno ♥ Seer of Heart ♥ Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    That is actually quite disturbing... .-.
    Where did you find it?
  11. Hikari

Hikari Versace Python Hikari Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    The best myth is the one about spamming the B button while throwing a Pokeball would make catching a Pokemon easier. I still do that when I nuzlocke stuff on an emulator, even if I know it doesn't work at all.

Also Mew hiding under the truck near the S.S. Anne
    [​IMG]

A lot of other crap
    [​IMG]
  12. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Katsuragi Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    See that's because you were doing it wrong. As soon as the pokémon is in the ball, you hold down B and Down. At least that's what I was told. When I'm struggling to catch a pokémon, I bring out the old B+Down even if it does nothing.

Also your second image doesn't work :x
  13. Hikari

Hikari Versace Python Hikari Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    eh it does work for me (I am seeing it right now...), I guess you just suck. Use this link to see it.
  14. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Benevolent User

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitzamirin / Blitz
    The PokeGods...

Pokemon attainable after passing the game. Go here
  15. D-21

D-21 Lurking

I do the Hold the down button and spam click B :x
  16. Rarity

Rarity try again

Well, I've seen on Bulbapedia (iirc), about where if you pirated Fire Red or Leaf Green, and went to some truck that you wouldn't normally be able to access, it would say the message: "Like the game? If so, buy it or die."
    Just thinking about that gives me the creeps e.e
  17. .Rawr!

.Rawr! Gimme ur ranking points!

I know some of these theories:

Butterfree being venonath evo, Lavender music Syndrome, were already said.

Others are:

- When a Kagaskhan mother is killed, his baby son remain orphan. So like he need defende himself, he take the skull of his mother, and a long bone (like a leg); so he put the skull in his head and takes the leg bone to protect himself and becomes cubone, the lonely pokemon.

- In the comments of LT. Surge (the electric gym leader in Kanto) he says what there was a war in Kanto in the past, so in the anime time is a post-war time.

- Wobbufet face is his tail (lol)
  18. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

yeah, that little sui story can be kinda creepy.
    Also, when I found the place where the Regi's were neasr Pacifilog Town, I thought it was unique to my game(the chamber.) o_O
  19. SPS

SPS um ........ no

Most likely whoever pirated it edited the text although yes creepy o.o
  20. Awoken

Awoken New Member

In the original games, Brock gives you TM Bide.

Barack and Biden 2008.

Also, I found this pretty entertaining:

"zOMG! It's such a revolution that I noticed other things! Like, like, LEAFEON! Guys, your fucking mind will be blown! Leafeon = Eon (Eevee's beta name) + Leaf (A part of a plant!) = PLANT EEVEE!
    AND GUESS WHAT ELSE!!! EKANS IS SNAKE BACKWARDS!!! THERE ARE REAL ANIMALS, THEY ARE POKEMON! ROFL!!!
    And, and... ...guys... ...listen... the clone of Mew... ...is called Mewtwo!!!1!!
    Oh, and get this. Qwilfish is a "fish" with "quill"'s.
    I know... serious shit..."
  21. Aurist

Aurist well, that's another penguin dropped on the dick Tier Leader

^

i still especially do this when playing Crystal on my gameboy. i swear it worked. lol
  22. Fate/Dracoflare

Fate/Dracoflare Kayneth Fried Circuits

Whoever wrote that paste-bin deserves a praise, he spooked me a bit. Although it is obviously a fake.
  23. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

Holy Shit that's spooky. Oh yeah and, Spamming the B-Button works, fuck the haters.
  24. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill There will be pain, there will be screaming

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  25. A$AP KROKOROK

A$AP KROKOROK bangbang

The mew under the truck myth BR was talking about is when you had to slash the tires with cut and use strength to push the truck. It doesn't work but why the hell is the truck there??
  26. Darklight

Lost Silver!! That thing was damn spooky was hell, accidently found it on creepy pasta and it definately scared me, although it's true that the story in itself was much more spookier compared to the gameplay vids. Although it's not necessarily a myth though.
  27. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Benevolent User

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitzamirin / Blitz
    Damn you for making me read this at 3 am.

Seriously, good spooks. Lost Silver is definetly a game To watch out for
  28. Darklight

29. Forum Name

Forum Name Still unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Ununoctium
    Well, I heard that if you hit a ghost type with a fightning move 10 times, the 11th time it will actually hit. Don't try this with HJK lol.

Also, somewhere else I heard that if you use Splash 39 times, the 40th time it will hit and KO the oppositing Pokémon.

NOT A MYTH: Although Victini has a Shiny sprite, Pokémon Black and White are programmed so that a Shiny Victini cannot be encountered. (source: Bulbapedia)

It is said that Snubull appears cute to females :3
  30. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    Same with Reshrem and Zekrom.
  31. Hobbes2

Hobbes2 Aren't I dead or something

PO Trainer Name:
    Hobbes2
    [​IMG]

Mind = Blown
  32. Cubone

Cubone *WHACK!* Cubone rocks!

Cubone's skin was ripped off near his head and that was shown was his skull...

Genger is really a shadow of Clefable. [​IMG] (WTF, Clefable has no soul.....)

Cubone's skull is actually his mother Marowak's skull and so is the bone.... (Wtf, they ARE gravediggers...) (P.S.: If Khangaskan is the mother... that is a big skull they carry....)
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  33. Darklight

We are getting memebase in are we? Time for me to get in.
  34. Darklight

Damn, I just found a screenshot that confirms it, although it's most likely fake.
    [​IMG]
  35. Zeed Abby Yoga

Zeed Abby Yoga New Member

i got interesting one here~ if you have close look to all the evil villains in gen 1,2,3,4,5 and rearrange the 1st letter it will be
    G = Galactic
    R = Rocket
    A = Aqua
    M = Magma
    P = Plasma
    Gary call Professor Oak "gramps" rite? XDD
  36. Darklight

Yeah, I know that, i read it at Memebase.
  37. Zerowaltz

Zerowaltz Game Ender

PO Trainer Name:
    Does it matter?
    There are NPCs that are supposed to represent Nintendo programmers in Celadon City and Castelia City. In the latter, you can also find Morimoto, who's basically Miyamoto.
  38. Poke Conspirator

Poke Conspirator New Member

We all know the theory about the "glitch" with the beginning sequence of Pokemon Red and Gold. We all know about "Lavender Town Syndrome." What if these two are connected? The children went insane from the voices that they heard, but what if even one was able to make it to Lavender Town? Could Lavender Town Syndrome and the "Glitch" be related? Perhaps if one child were to have made it to Lavender Town, the hidden frequency would have snapped the child out of the insane state of mind. Or perhaps if the officers played the song for the children, they would have awoken.
  39. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP Idk smt

Very doubtful, none of the children had played long enough to get to Lavender town
  40. Poke Conspirator

Poke Conspirator New Member

Ah, but you did not notice the last sentence... "Or perhaps if the officers played the song for the children, they would have awoken." I have a gut feeling that the two are directly related.
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl