Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.0

Pokemon Online Registry Ports

Discussion in 'Help' started by Karn1f3x, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Karn1f3x

Karn1f3x New Member

Hi everyone
    I've used Pokemon Online a lot while at home, but I've just started trying to get it working here at Uni. However, every time I open and go online with it, the server list is empty and I get the message 'Disconnected from the registry: Connection refused'. After asking and looking around, I have figured I need to request ports to be opened from my Uni firewall to get it to work. I can't, unfortunately, find the ports needed to connect to any server. I have opened TCP 5080 already, but I don't know what else. Can anyone help?
    Cheers
  2. Desolate

Desolate Member

They probably have a firewall preventing connections to pass through TCP on port 5080, port 5080, or TCP at all. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it without contacting them and requesting the port/protocol to be opened and students allotted use to it. Is this the same computer you used at home to connect to PO? Has this computer ever successfully connected to PO before?
  3. Karn1f3x

Karn1f3x New Member

This is the same computer, and I have connected before. The Uni firewall auto blocks all ports, and we have to request them to open them for use. I've already requested TCP 5080 to be opened, and I checked, and it has been opened, so I don't know why it's not working...
  4. Desolate

Desolate Member

Try changing your source port on your firewall from 5080 to any, and if that doesn't work, request them to change their source port as well. Also, make sure the direction is in/out, not just one.
  5. Kalashnikov

Kalashnikov Despite the code quality

Afaik registry uses 5081 port. At least it did until recent changes.
    Also you can bypass registry completely and connect directly to desired server via Advanced Connection if you know its ip/hostname.