Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

[BW2 OU] [Rank 1] We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Ashton Michaels, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

[​IMG]
    We are the beginning, you are the end.

[​IMG]

Intro

Ello people of Pokemon Online,

Witness the power of my newest team, based on the Reapers from the Mass Effect series. This is another anti metagame team, again not using weather.
    I tried to be as original as possible, while still making the team as good as it can be and as you can see from my ranking, you do not need weather to do good in the metagame! I did a lot of testing, tried out a lot of stuff, but in the end it came down to the six Pokemon that you will see in the team section, to bring me to the number one spot. As you will see, this team is completely different from my last #1, because I want to keep trying to innovate and try out new stuff and not fall back on the same stuff. If you have any suggestions for me for a next team, please leave a comment, thank you! Anyways, enough chatting and on to what you are here for, the team.

The team

[hide]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/hide]

[​IMG]

Reaper-Human larva (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 144 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Thunder
    - Psychic​

A surprising Jirachi (espcially considering I rarely use anything other than a set with Iron Head / Body Slam/ Fire Punch / Stealth Rock on most of my previous teams) is what I have chosen for. This Pokemon can handle rain and hail teams on his own. The set probably doesn't seem that special to you, but it tends to surprise people when it's used outside a rain team. People are switching in their Tentacruels and Gastrodon, only to realize they can't break it's Substitute after a Calm Mind. By then it's already too late and they atleast lose 2 Pokemon to this. Jirachi gives my team a very handy flying and dragon resist, which is nice with all the Hurricanes going around. The EV's make me outspeed severeal threats like Dragonite, Mamoswine, Gyarados and Rotom-W, having their normal EV spread and nature in mind. I dumped alot of EV's in Special Attack and gave it a Modest nature, because this way it hits really hard, so it doesn't need multiple Calm Minds to get the upper hand.

[​IMG]

Harbinger (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Roost​

A very anti-metagame Pokemon, not being walled by a lot of stuff, considering it can just outstall everything with Pressure and Roost. Walls like Chansey and Ferrothorn aren't going to get through this, since Kyurem can stall them out of Seismic Toss and Gyro Ball, respectively. The moveset gives near perfect coverage, with only stuff like Rotom forms and Shedinja to resist it. Funny thing is that Rotom can't touch Kyurem and all the stuff that can is just outstalled or killed with the appropriate move. I decided to nearly max the Special Attack and give it a Modest nature to make sure nothing tries to set up on it. It ensuress that I 2HKO stuff like Skarmory and Jirachi as well. I have given it enough speed to outspeed Heatran and Lucario, to make sure those two are taken care of before they can break my Substitute or even kill me in the case of Lucario. You might want to consider giving it more defense EV's, but in all honesty, it's bulky enough with just maxed out HP and it really likes the added EV's in special attack.

[​IMG]

Catalyst (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Outrage​

The revenger of the team, with ExtremeSpeed hitting extremely (ha ha) hard. This thing does very well against both sun and rain teams, since they usually only have one Pokemon that resist normal type. When that Pokemon is gone, it's just a matter of time before their team is weakened and Dragonite can finish everything off with ExtremeSpeed. The other moves are there in case I need to break through something, and Outrage is certainly capable of doing that. Fire Punch and Earthquake to get perfect coverage and make this Dragonite set complete. Dragonite also gives me a check to powerful stuff like Volcarona and Breloom, that could otherwise pose a real threat to my team. Stealth Rock flying around really helps too though with the Volcarona threat. Waterfall could be used over Earthquake, but I really like the possiblity to OHKO Jirachi in the rain and Heatran in the sun.

[​IMG]

Destroyer (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 Def / 20 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock​

With two weaks to rock, I obviously need a spinner. Donphan himself is resistant to rock, which is ver nice. Besides that he can set up Stealth Rock himself and he even has a priority move in Ice Shard. Earthquake has STAB and still hits very hard, since Donphan has a very reasonable attack stat. Donphan seemed like the right Pokemon to use on this team, since I needed an electric immunity to stop choiced Voltswitchers. It also has Sturdy to ensure I can always get in a Rapid Spin or attack before it dies. You might opt for another move over Ice Shard like Knock Off, but I found that I don't really use that moveslot a lot anyways and it's nice to have extra insurance for 4x weak Dragons outraging around. Donphan is just a boss though, nothing else I can say about him.

[​IMG]

Sovereign (Alakazam) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Encore
    - Focus Blast​

And another revenger, that always gets a chance to hit back due to Magic Guard and Focus Sash (unless Cloyster with a Shell Smash). Encore to fuck up Baton Pass teams and set uppers like Calm Mind Jirachi and Reuniclus, two Pokemon who could possibly mean trouble for my team (okay, not really, but still if somehow Jirachi and Dragonite got taken out, still have an extra layer of defense in Alakazam). Psyshock to KO Keldeo after a boost and Terrakion is sandstorm. Rest of the moves for perfect coverage. Alakazam is very useful against other offensive teams and also hits defensive rain hard, since they rely on Ferrothorn and Tentacruel as their walls, both hit hard by Alakazam. Also a perfect check for Venusaur in the sun if Dragonite is somehow KO's before.

[​IMG]

Leviathan of Dis (Breloom) (F) @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed​

And the final Reaper of this team, Breloom. I decided to give it a boosting set instead of Choice Band, since I really wanted to make good use of Spore, followed up by Swords Dance. A Fight Gem so I still have that CB feel for one turn with Mach Punch. Breloom has good synergy overall with the rest of the team, taking ground attacks aimed at Jirachi, water aimed at Donphan and rock attacks aimed on Kyurem and Dragonite. All in all, it just gives me another strong priority user, which is very needed to get the upper hand on other people's offensive teams. Life Orb could be used over Fight Gem, but I don't like losing health every turn, especially with sandstorm and hail around, where I just die too quick. Some extra HP EV's for Breloom so it can take a resisted attack easily and get that Spore or Swords Dance in, while still retaining enough speed to outspeed Jellicent, Scizor, Skarmory and anything under 200, really. Since I'll be using Mach Punch mostly to sweep anyways, I don't feel like I need to go for max speed.

Conclusion

I hope you like my Reaper team and if you have any comments about it, I'll be happy to hear them. Enjoy using this team if you plan on using it, or other thank you for taking your time to read this thread. As I said before, if you have any suggestions for future teams of mine, please leave a comment. Also feel free to PM me on the server (Marik) if you ever want to chat about teambuilding or other stuff, always open for a friendly chat ;)

x Marik

[hide]Reaper-Human larva (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 144 Spd
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Thunder
    - Psychic

Harbinger (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Roost

Catalyst (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Outrage

Destroyer (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 Def / 20 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock

Sovereign (Alakazam) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Encore
    - Focus Blast

Leviathan of Dis (Breloom) (F) @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed[/hide]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP Idk smt

God, this really is anti-meta
    Alakazam with encore, has that been working because that's definitely an interesting idea
    You could possibly consider Waterfall>EQ on Dragonite to hit through balloon tran and others but that's just me...

Next time you make an anti-meta team, try Jolteon - effectively killing the Kamis and Keldeo
  3. shadow-hooh

shadow-hooh New Member

Damn this team is sexy omg. The kyruem and alakazam i especially like :O. You should think about running t-bolt instead of thunder on jirachi though since without rain its just unreliable. Other than that i personally dont think you should change anything at all.
  4. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP Idk smt

Thunder has the 60% para compared to 20% of tbolt when we're talking Jirachi and 70 acc isn't THAT bad
    Also Ashton don't you need to update your sig for the new peaks?
  5. Omega Hawk

Omega Hawk TheKillerDragon9999

There's a bunch of rain teams on the ladder.....

TORNADUS-T
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  6. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

Yea Encore can be really useful in some situations, especially versus Jirachi on rain teams and CM Reuniclus. Besides it allows for smart switching, for example when the opponent uses Stealth Rock where you can Encore them, forcing them to switch. Generally is the best option for Alakazam imo, even though Calm Mind or Hidden Fire / Ice could be considered.
  7. Clarion

Clarion The missing black keys

PO Trainer Name:
    Soren Valenheart
    Ashton! Your team is so nice!

Have you considered Psyshock > Psychic on Jirachi? Despite that you may suffer some Gliscor problems, Psyshock can prey Gastrodon's weaker Defense and what-not... That's my only nitpick I can tell. Congratulations for topping the ladder, again!
  8. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

True, but then again, Gastrodon can't break my Substitute with Earth Power after 2 CM's and after 1 CM it already does around 31%. Of course, not even all Gastrodon's use Earth Power, so generally that is not a problem. Chansey is the other one why I could consider Psyshock, but without it I still win with paralysis and possible special drops from Psychic. Generally Psychic helps me out a lot more.
  9. Keroro Gunso

Keroro Gunso Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Robin Gibb2
    *Nice comment* <3
  10. New Breed

New Breed BIG MONEY

Congratulations on reaching number #1 AGAIN!
    This team is pretty sexy and I wouldn't change anything since it's already reached number #1
    That Kyurem would be extremely annoying to face and I hope I don't see it on the ladder!
  11. Xclus|Mewmewzapdos

Xclus|Mewmewzapdos Retreated to Showdown ^^

KOOL TEAM, MARIK! gratz for the #1, too bad i dont have enough time to get to #1 with my team :x
  12. Aurist

Aurist SIX walls. NO synergy.

original Kyurem getting some love. finally. (cool team btw)
  13. Nexus

Nexus Legend Killer

Great Team Marik! Wonder how you get never bored of this
  14. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

You've kept up your long-running usage of ExtremeSpeed puns Ashton, excellent work!
    On the team, I'm extremely impressed. Maybe HP Ice on Alakazam could help with the Therian coverage, excluding Shadow Ball?
  15. ZoroDark

ZoroDark Wasting My Young Years Forum Moderator

OSSUM team as always Marik <3! Encore on Alakazam seems a great move to force switches as you said, but people are usually switching as they see Alakazam. ON most of my Kazams I run Charge Beam in the 4th moveslot. This allows you to nab a boost on a weakened poke and with a sash and a boost under your belt Alakazam becomes an even bigger nightmare to face. But yeah, that's just a minor change, and one you probably won't even take.
  16. 1996ITO

1996ITO New Member

Congratulations, etc. As you say, Donphan makes good against Hyper Offensive teams spinning out hazards before beaten, so it's usually the first who goes down against HO teams, meaning you're weak to Agility Metagross (IP, EQ, Meteor Smash). Obviously, you could say 'Eh, well, Multiscale Dnite', but you'd have to sacrifice something.
  17. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

If X is down Y sweeps bla!

But yes Multiscale Dnite can survive a hit and revenge. Offensive teams require strategic sacrifices in order to work.
  18. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn New Member

can you stop laddering please, most of IMP is tired of your antics xd

great team etc. though, no weather is impressive in this bs meta
  19. [IMP]Spenceer

[IMP]Spenceer New Member

Cool team bro.Weatherless seems to always work on this meta.AND you keep building anti-meta teams which counters generic shit.Congrats on the peak again.
  20. Trainer_Red

Trainer_Red aka Novᴀ =)

I have never seen that Metagross set used in OU in my entire life.
  21. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

Marik <3. Sry for haxing you on the DP Ubers tour. anyways great team and Encore Alakazam looks really great. While this team is perfect I want to suggest giving 56 HP Evs on Kyurem so that your hp becomes of an odd number therefore granting you a maximum number of switch ins. Gratz on rank 1 though!

Then you need to ladder more.