Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] Rank #1 Wi-Fi - Rita Repulsa

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Ashton Michaels, Apr 14, 2011.

Moderators: fitzy
  1. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

Team Rita Repulsa

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I have a new #1 team. And yes, it is weather. The name I used is from a villain from Power Rangers, named Rita Repulsa.
    About the team, there are alot of sandstorm teams going around, and I found that there aren't many ways to defeat haxchomps in the sand, other than just changing the weather. Besides that, rain is a very powerful weapon. I also think this is a good team to use for people who enjoy rain but don't know quite how to build a team around it. You can use it on the Smogon server aswell, since I don't use any swift swimmers.

Team building process

I started with the idea of creating a succesful rain team that isn’t walled by stall teams or countered by other weather teams. Obviously for a rain team, you need Politoed so that’s the first pPokemon. Next, I’ve thought about many rain sweepers, Kingdra and Shell Smash Omastar, but those were all walled somehow by Ferrothorn. So I thought of a powerful sweeper that isn’t hindered by Ferrothorn and is still fast. This led me to Tornadus.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After that I wanted some support for Tornadus. It really appreciates damage entries, so it can KO about any non-steel or Chansey (who will have trouble switching in with hazards). So for some support, I needed Skarmory and Chansey to get some extra defence besides Politoed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I already had quite alot of defence agaisnt rain, but who actually beat it I needed some extra insurance. Besides that, I wanted another offensive Pokemon, that benefits from rain and can use the paralysis Chansey spreads to it’s advantage. This brought me to using Toxicroak.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

The last Pokemon I wanted an electric resist and something that does well versus sandstorm teams to damage those starting turn one. First I had Mamoswine, but after I noticed that damage entries hurt me quite a bit, I switched to Donphan. He hits sandstorm teams hard with Earthquake and Ice Shard (Garchomp, Landorus), and can spin entries away.

In-depth

My team is balanced, meaning I have 2 attackers with 4 bulky supporters. You basically get some spike support up, so Tornadus can spam his Hurricane and kill about anything. I really tried to make a very succesful rain team, that can easily beat other rain teams and sandstorm teams. This was quite hard to do actually, seeing as most rain teams can't do much versus special walls like Chansey and Nattorei, but I'm happy to say that the team I created really kicks the ass of the majority of teams out there.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chillyfish (Toxicroak) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute

This things is very powerful in the rain, setting up subs without problems, because he pretty much heals the lost health off. Works great with Chansey's ability to paralyze opponents. After a bulk up or two, there aren't many things that can kill this thing, while they get damaged pretty hard. It's also a great counter to other rain teams and it gives my team a decent fighting resistance plus priority.

[​IMG]

Kubak (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Ice Shard

This is actually the pokemon I came up with last, before this it was a Mamoswine. I noticed though, that my team doesn't enjoy hazards, so I needed a spinner, preferably with the same kind of resistances that Mamoswine had. So naturally, I came to Donphan, who gives my team an electric resistance and can spin hazards away. It also hits very hard with Earthquake coming off 372 attack and it has priority in Ice Shard. Knock Off is there for other stall teams mainly, I haven't had alot of time to test that moveslot out really, there are other effective moves he can use like Roar and Endeavor as well.

[​IMG]

Hexuba (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Encore
    - Perish Song
    - Scald

Hexuba, or in other words Politoed, sets off rain. Rain gives water moves a boost and makes Hurricane have 100% accuracy and reduces fire damage. This Politoed set is quite amazing and perfect for this team, encoring slower set-uppers like Scizor or Reuniclus. It can also Perish Song for Baton Pass teams or when a set-uppers gets too powerful to take out. (Like Reuniclus with some CM boosts, leftovers will heal off more than Scald does damage).

[​IMG]

Ironite (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind

Part one of the unbreakable combination of SkarmChance. It does what it does best, setting up spikes. Besides that it gives the team a ton of resistances and the ability to phaze opponents. Moveset explains itself. Stops Excadrill, Garchomp and other sandstorm threats if somehow Politoed died. The team still functions perfectly without rain, because of the structure of the team. I made sure there are enough resistances going around in the team so that the team isn't lost when it loses the sweeper or a wall.

It has some EV's in atk to KO annoying things like 4 HP 0 defence Abomasnow. The rest of the EV's are put in his HP and defence naturally. Also 4 EV's in speed, to outrun other Skarmory's so my Whirlwind goes first.

[​IMG]

Teksa (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

The heavy-hitter from the start. Seriously, with some spike support, there is nothing that can switch in on this safely. Without spike support, there still isn't much that can switch in safely. You can just spam Hurricane and your opponent will cry. Hurricane is pretty much the only move I use, the other moves are just there for coverage, but with a move like Hurricane, who needs 'em? Tornadus is one of the best 'rain'-sweepers out there, because there are alot of fighing types out there, and there aren't alot of things around that resist a special based flying attack.

But just to give some information on the other moves, Focus Blast for steel and rock-types that resist Hurricane and U-turn if you feel a Chansey is coming in and you don't have spikes up. HP Ice is just there, I rarely use it though. It's okay to use versus ground types if rain isn't up, because Hurricane really wants it's 100% accuracy.

[​IMG]

Rita Repulsa (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

And part 2 of the unbreakable combination. I used this set before on another #1 team, so this may seem familiar. Chansey sets up Stealth Rock and paralyzes foe's so Toxicroak has an easier time setting up.

Well people, I hope you like my team and feel free to use it. It really has been very effective on the ladder, beating other rain- and sandstorm teams with no real trouble. Team might not seem all that original in the sense of only using OU-Pokemon (even though I think a team doesn't need to have non-OU Pokemon to be original IMO).

[​IMG]

Thanks you for reading and have fun battling. If you need any help when using this team or with trying to build your own team, you can always ask me in PM.

Coming up - Threat list and teambuilding-process, since I have been getting requests of giving those.

[hide]Chillyfish (Toxicroak) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Dry Skin
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Substitute

Kubak (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Ice Shard

Hexuba (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Encore
    - Perish Song
    - Scald

Ironite (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind

Teksa (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - U-turn
    - Focus Blast

Rita Repulsa (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    [/hide]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Harry

Harry Banned

FINALLY a good team with tornado-bro. I loved using him on my rain team, but I couldn't find a successful set, with specs anyway. I ended up using Hammer Arm instead with life orb, I suggest that :p
  3. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Banned

great team bro, you're amazing.
  4. Contest Master Majin

Contest Master Majin New Member

Really great and interesting team, I love how you can turn 'subpar' Pokemon into #1 placeholders...

I don't have many suggestions to make, I'm still in awe over your use of Donphan.
  5. YAYtears

YAYtears Professional Noob Haxors

Skarmchans+fighting counter=unbreakable.
    But, as with all slow teams youre weak to Blaziken.
    Skarm is 2KOed by a +2 HJK, even in rain.
    252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 97.31% - 114.97%
    79.48% chance to OHKO Also OHKO after hazards
    Yes the physical wall just got killed by a physical move, and unlike your other teams with slowbro, or a hint of priority, you don't have any good counter to it. It sets up on hp ice locked torunadus too. You have no spinblocker to switch it in on a HJK. And also, SD Blaze only has a few counters:epic prediction, priority, the use of non choiced pokemon, some priority, gliscor in rain and slowbro.
    Also, you get swept by an NP thunderous
    252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Eviolite Chansey: 60.23% - 70.74%
    Yes thats the best special wall getting 2KOed by by Thunderous. Better keep it at above 83% health in a enviroment with SR and make sure you always keep spikes away. technically, it threatens your skarmory, so you might let it set up while you switch it out. Toruneros is your only check to this, and it speed ties. Also its counters are epic prediction, priority, not letting it set up (easier said than done), and using fast pokemon in general.

Love how this team is beaten by underrated hard hitters.

EDIT: Didn't see croak and donphan and their priority moves. You can check thunderous alright, but blaze still resist both of them.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR Forum Moderator

I honestly hate this team and love this team all at the same time.

I love how you took Pokemon like Donphan and Toxicroak and turned them into top notch OU pokemon. At the same time I hate how you repeatedly beat me with them :D.

Great job with this team, not much else to really say.
  7. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@YAYtears
    Just a note...
    Although I can see it being a problem, most of his Pokemon can counter it--with low boosts, Tornadus wins, Chansey can T-Wave and then die, Donphan has Sturdy Earthquake, Politoed has Perish Song (and Scald anyways), Skarmory can Brave Bird while Blaze is setting up, and Toxicroak can setup itself and probably win with priority.
  8. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

First of all, you say those are underrated sweepers? You must not be around alot, if you say that. They certainly aren't underrated by people, they are two of the most dangerous sweepers around, one of them already banned at Smogon and the other being a suspect.

But yes, I'm sure those things are great against the team in theory. But when you look against who Blaziken can set up safely, you'll see you won't get many chances. Skarmory and Donphan both can take unboosted hits and have Sturdy if it does get a Swords Dance off. Also, I don't think Blaziken KO's Toxicroak in rain with a boosted HI Jump Kick or fire move. Besides, HJK still is a dangerous move for if it misses, even though I'm not counting on that to happen, is basically death to Blaziken.

Thundurus isn't a big problem, I have Thunder Wave to cripple it. With Life Orb damage it won't be hard to kill it, expample: one Seismic Toss, switching to Donphan on Thunder and then Ice Shard for the kill. Obviously, playing smart helps in keeping the team alive (It could use Focus Blast ofcourse instead of Thunder, but getting that to work consecutively while being paralyzed is quite hard).

For both of these threats it's rather painful to switch in with damage entries around, taking away their health. They need Life Orb to really be of any nuisance, so they won't be long around with the added damage each turn. For me, those theats you described weren't a big problem (in theory, I'm sure they can be quite bothersome, but then again tell me some teams that can counter a Swords Dance Blaziken or Nasty Plotted Thundurus).
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  9. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    After testing this team a bit, I feel that Donphan wants Stealth Rock over Knock off and Chansey has Aromatherapy over Stealth Rock. Rotom-W also is a problem to this team.

Great team! Grats on #1 and I love the Tornadus set.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  10. S!lver

S!lver New Member

What can I say? It's perfect :3
    -thanks for posting this, it helps me to build my own team! <3
  11. YAYtears

Technically I said underrated becuase PO didn't ban it yet lol.
    oh and
    252 +2 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/0 Def Toxicroak: 126.76% - 149.46%
    100% chance to OHKO
    LOL if that was outside of rain
    Oh and this is only about prediction, but if blaze threatens to OHKO your chansey and you see that the team is a lot of special sweepers, what would you do?
  12. Project Oppenheimer

Project Oppenheimer [1]

EXCELLENT team. Are you sure about that Leftovers on Toxicroak though? Black Sludge gives you a tad more health back each turn. Otherwise, excellent team, no flaws I can see.

EDIT: Black Sludge also annoys Trick users, who will sometimes Trick back their items to avoid that 10% damage each turn.
  13. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

@yay: I didn't say it's all about prediction, just that smart playing helps to keep the team alive.

@icey: Both Black Sludge and Leftovers restore 6.25% health per turn. Like you said it can later trick back the item on one of my other Pokemon leaving me at a disadvantage.
  14. Count Dracula

Count Dracula New Member

Sup Marik!

Great team dude, excellent like always, I especially loved the team building process part, It's very helpful! I'll try it out soon to see how it fares! Also it's really great how you turn UU/BL into OU powerhouses, keep it up!
  15. Kojofu

Kojofu Banned

Ok, I tested this team and it's like you, a fucking boss. The only thing I think it could change is using 16 speed EVs on toxicroak to outpace defensive rotom-w, so that you sub before it burns you.
  16. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Banned

I was going to post that, but kojofu beat me to the post. You could also consider using Stealth Rock on Donphan to free up a moveslot on Chansey to use Aromatherapy, because some members of your team dislike status. Anyways, great job on this team, bro. You're kickass.
  17. Zeed Abby Yoga

Zeed Abby Yoga New Member

1.i test ur team and ur team is weak too : 1.Zapdos
    2.Conkle: if tornadus is dead
  18. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

1: This is Wi-Fi, so Chansey does fine versus Zapdos, it can paralyze it. Besides that it can't switch freely everytime when Stealth Rock is up. Also, Tonadus easily 2HKO's it.
    2: 'if X is gone Y sweeps' (invalid argument)
  19. zєєк

zєєк New Member

An opposing Tornados causes a lot of problems, although Chansey can reliably check it, coming in on specs boosted Hurricanes isn't something it should be doing often.
    Reuniclus also causes a plethora of problems ; nothing on the team can deal with it effectively after a single calm mind, and Politoed can't come in on boosted Psychics all day because of it's lack of recovery. Perish song and Encore force it to switch out, they don't deal with it indefinitely.
    Good team overall though, has some kind of check to nearly everything ^^
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  20. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Banned

I don't think so, because Chansey has Softboiled and it takes only 25% from Specs Tornadus' Hurricane, meaning that she can take on it all day. Tornadus can't also keep coming because he's weak to SR. About Reuniclus, he can force it out with Politoed, and if it comes back, Hurricane from Tornadus already 2HKOes it anyways.
  21. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill There will be pain, there will be screaming

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Tornadus is LU :3.

When Chansey is gone (don't ask me how she died when I was trying this team) Zapdos destroys the team if at a decent health and Donphan doesn't crit, especially bulky sets. The main problem I noticed is the "weakness" to flying types. If Skarmory is gone, almost every physically attacking Bird will do quite a lot to the team. Magnezone + Staraptor is probably the best thing to beat your team (although Staraptor has to be scarfed, or Tornadus would outspeed and kill it easily).

The rate isn't over yet, I'll finish it later, for now, good job and gratz on your result
  22. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

Your team appreciates hazards support, but you don't have a spin blocker, Are you okay with having your hazards blown away?
    A spin blocker like Jellicent can be a good check to Blaziken too, but the team might lose some synergy though
  23. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

@Luck > Skill : 'if X is gone Y sweeps'

@Vicutini: I adjust my team according to what I see on the ladder. At the time I used this team, I didn't witness many spinners, so I decided that I don't need a spin blocker.
  24. Stunt

Stunt New Member

horrid rain team completely walled by sassy jirachi.
  25. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

Horrid reaction. Tornadus isn't the only team member. If you can't play around a Jirachi, you're doing something wrong, so your comment is saying more about you as a player than the team.
  26. Stunt

Stunt New Member

The thunder iron head set severely damages all your teammates, bar donphan (who has no reliable recovery)
  27. Kojofu

Kojofu Banned

How is this team walled by Careful (not sassy because only stupid people use sassy) Jirachi when he has Donphan, who is not even 3HKOed by jirachi and can earthquake it?
  28. Black Mother

Black Mother New Member

Uh, no. If anyone, the stupid people are the ones who use Careful. You don't want a -Attack or -Special Attack nature because of having both Iron Head and Thunder. Coupled with the 60% chance to paralyze, you don't need the speed.
    But yeah, this team isn't easily walled by Sassy Jirachi. <_< Chansey takes 14-17% from Iron Head, and less than 10% from Thunder. Chansey will outstall Jirachi most likely. And Donphan OHKO's Sassy Jirachi 67% of the time.
  29. Bayakill

Bayakill New Member

I've had problems againts rotom-w with this team. I feel that he takes way too much work to deal with. And no Grass Knot instead of U-Turn doesn't help at all. Still I have found that Grass Knot is not bad at all against bulky water and things like swampert to OHKO, it also OHKO's Tyranitar while still doing some damage to the almost auto switch Gliscor.

I also feel that Toxicroak doesn't deal enough damage in a reasonable number of turns. Tried replacing bulk up with sword dance it helps but still not enough. The defence bonus from bulk up seems useless. If the ennemy is physical, chance are very high tht he runs eq, if he's a fighting type without it Croak wins anyway.

Gliscor as always is a pain in the ass if the ennemy has half a brain. +4 sucker punch does only 50% and he still ohkoes croak after 3 bulk ups, donphan helps but I don't want to sacrifice my spinner and sometimes I'm forced to to get rid of it. If he has a substitute up (and starts sword dancing) all I can do is reset with skarm.

Any idea for a Toxicroak replacement?
  30. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

There's some false information in this post. There is no way that Gliscor OHKO's Toxicroak after 3 Bulk Up's. Tornadus 2HKO's Rotom-W and Chansey walls it all day and can paralyze it so something like Toxicroak has an easier time setting up. It seems to me you aren't using the team correct, seeing your responses that Bulk Up doesn't help much and that you use Donphan to counter Gliscor.. Skarmory can set up on it if it doesn't have taunt, Politoed can KO and so can Tornadus.
  31. Bayakill

Bayakill New Member

EQ from Gliscor still KO's me everytime after 3bulk ups.
    Also Grass Knot is used to KO Hippowdon and not Tyranitar, that was false info sorry.
    You 2 HKO rotom with what? Focus Blast?
  32. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

No with Hurricane aswell on a Rotom with the most used EV spread.

If you have used Bulk Up 3 times, and Gliscor comes in after that, you will always win the fight (unless Gliscor has Swords Dance). With the recovery from rain and Drain Punch, you will heal more than Earthquake can damage you.
  33. Placeholder 012

Placeholder 012 New Member

I think dory can be a problem for this team. Tell me if i am wrong but the only thing that can beat it is Tornadus with fokus blast. And it has bad acc. Hurrican cant OHKO. And call your next team TODO or i am very sad =((.
  34. YAYtears

Actually CB terakion nearly 2KOs your whole team with close combat alone. Also in general hazard stacking teams with a spinblocker like jellicent gives you problems.
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  35. Ashton Michaels

Ashton Michaels Member

It can't switch in on anything, not even Chansey since it risks getting paralyzed. Besides that Tornadus outspeeds and KO's, Toxicroak can take him on 1-on-1 and Donphan can take a hit and KO back, same with Skarmory. In other words, I don't see it as a threat, sure in theory it can hurt my team, but I don't have any problems with it (not even considering that CB Terrakion is close to non-existant in Wi-Fi).
  36. Momiji

Momiji New Member

I tried out your team in the ladder and it is a really awesome team. :D I don't see any needed changes.

I was somehow able to pull a comeback win against a sandstorm team in a 3-6 situation. o_o
  37. Firer

Firer Owner

Correct me if im wrong but: Is it a good idea to use thunder Wave on zapdos?
    Quite a lot have Lightning Road!

Edit: oh, and sub gengar can sub on chansey. The sub disable Set Beats toxicroak too.
    So it give two Pokémon on that in can sub freely.(though switching in on chansey can be risky)
    And once the sub Is up it gets a free Attack on your Other pokes.
    Thunderbolt hurts politoad, skarm and Tornadus; Shadow Ball hurts Donphan. And chansey and toxicroak cant do anything.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  38. fidgety

fidgety New Member

this is a Wi-Fi team lighting rod is unrealeased, sub-split doesn't like being paralized as that keeps it fro getting its sub ahead of the incoming attack, also donphan's knock off and ice shard do 26-31% so no sub for gar and toxicroak can suckerpunch though most will try to fight from behind a sub which makes it less useful but not useless.
  39. Shaymin

Shaymin New Member

This team has really good synnergy. I applaud your use of donphan, because i've used similar sets before. But I agree, Chansey seems to be more comfortable with aromatherapy.

Other than that, really good team. gratz on the ladder spot:)
Moderators: fitzy