Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Slipperjeans' Pokémon Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Discussion' started by Slipperjeans, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Including a fully working gen 5 damage calculator! This includes new Pokemon, new moves (with varied base power too), new items (such as jewels and balloon), new abilities (like sand power and encourage)!!

All the features are:

Competitive Stuff
    A damage calculator that includes Gen 5 Pokémon, moves, abilities and items
    [​IMG]

...with a tool to quickly export results into chats, posts etc (you can ctrl-c that)
    [​IMG]

A team weaknesses calculator
    [​IMG]

A team synergy calculator. Shows you what Pokémon resists the weaknesses of each other on your team.
    [​IMG]

A moveset coverage calculator
    [​IMG]

A stat calculator
    [​IMG]

Informational Stuff

A beautiful type chart
    [​IMG]

...which also has a tool for you lazy pricks to figure out dual-typing matchups
    [​IMG]

A beautiful, organized Pokédex updated with Gen 5 Pokémon that contains relevant information. The information contained for each Poké is: number, name, type 1, type 2, base stats, matchups for each type, abilities (including DW), base exp, EV wield, catch rate, height, weight, species, color and habitat.
    [​IMG]

A move list
    [​IMG]

An ability list
    [​IMG]

A nature list
    [​IMG]

A TM/HM list for Black and White, complete with locations and prices
    [​IMG]

Download

This is it. Please appoint any bugs, errors or suggestions here.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak I shall grind beneath my heel all that exists! Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Your calculator is incorrect. It says that Lunatone and Solrock resist Fire/Psychic/Fighting, but are actually neutral to Fighting.

I hope this is the only error, because this is otherwise some decent work.
  3. coolguy31337

coolguy31337 Amor Fati

In the type chart, Fighting is not hitting Rock super effectively. Just type a 2 in the intersection of Fighting Atk and Rock Def.
  4. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Dunno how that 2 disappeared from there. Fixed.
  5. yiran

yiran You can only use one coin.

Wow... this is awesome. Props to you.
  6. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Updated with gen 5 calc.
  7. Erebos

Erebos Banned

nicely done, Slipper.
  8. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Just uploaded an update with Evolution Stone.
  9. Count Typo

Count Typo New Member

This is amazing Slipper! I will be using this often.

Two things:

1. None of the new Pokemon seem to have their names capitalized (haven't checked out the one with Evo stone added though). This doesn't have anything to do with calculations though.

2. The coverage calculator (which I am in love with by the way) doesn't account for Flash Fire, Herbivore. I have not tested Water Absorb or Volt Absorb. All other immunities seem to be working fine (Dark, Ghost, Steel, Normal).

Other than that, I haven't seen any problems. Amazing work Slipper!

EDIT: Levitate isn't being accounted for. I was using the coverage calculator to find a good attack spread for Nidoking, and it was saying Poison/Fire/Ground hit everything but Aerodactyl and Aakeosu for neutral. This is wrong. Flygon, Lunatone, and Solrock all resist Poi/Fire/Gro because of Levitate.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  10. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Thanks Typo.

1. That is how the names came from the Veekun copy-paste. While I agree with them for using that (Japanese has no capital letters), it soon became apparent to me that capitalized names are better on the eyes. I'll change them as soon as possible.

2. I am aware of that. The reason is that the coverage calculator checks only the type matchup fields that you see on the Pokedex sheet, unlike the damage calculator, for example, which has an extensive formula and things to check and account for. I know that it has big competitive implications and so during dinner I thought of a way to address this issue.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have these changes ready and will upload an update.
  11. pikaachi

pikaachi New Member

Amazing work! I never thought Excel could be used in this way. Truly Amazing :)
  12. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Just posting to say I solved both problems Typo appointed. Now names are capitalized and abilities are now accounted for in the coverage calculator (except when it's redundant, for example Lightningrod Pikachu will not be shown when searching for Ele+Fly, but regular Pikachu will.
  13. Lady Umb

Lady Umb 寅丸 星

Yeah, finally. Great.

Thank you Loose'pants :3
  14. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

New update.
    Fixed major 2003 bug
    "Will it KO?", a chance-to-KO calculator
    A tool for exporting damge calc results
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  15. Hikari

Hikari Versace Python Hikari Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    Slipper you are awesome, nothing else have to be said
  16. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Woops. I had included cells for the user to modify Eva and Acc but they linked to nothing lol. Now they are properly tied to the KO calc, Punishment and Assist Power.
  17. TheLostHylian

TheLostHylian New Member

This thread makes me excited all over. I was going to do something like this at some point (I've made a stat calc, but never finished the rest)... so thanks for saving me time!
  18. Count Typo

Count Typo New Member

Just found two problems with Brine/Gyro Ball. Haven't tested the Electric version of Gyro Ball, mostly because IDK the name. lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damage values won't come up with Gyro Ball/Brine. Sorry for the picture quality. I had to set it to minimum because my internet is slow and they wouldn't upload otherwise.

EDIT: There seems to be a problem with Water Spout...take note of the HP and then the damage of each pic. It seems to be reversed. Also, Eruption and Trump Card are appearing to do nothing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting the Eruption and Trump Card pics up in a bit my computer is being stupid.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  19. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Gyro Ball:
    It works just fine with me.
    The formula for it is this:
    *IF(E9="Gyro Ball";FLOOR(1+M24*25/I24;1);1)
    Being M24 the foe's speed and I24 your speed.
    The only problem I see there is that I didn't set the cap for it.

Brine:
    Works fine for me too.
    *IF(E9="Brine";IF(M9<50;130;65);1)
    Being M9 the foe's HP%.

I don't know, maybe problems with Excel 2003?
    I'd ask you to select columns V to AI, right click and select unhide. From there, find where the #VALUE error is located and take a screenshot.

Water Spout:
    I don't know what is causing that problem. It shouldn't alter the damage at all, because Water Spout was being accounted for 150 damage always, without taking into account the HP%. I just fixed this.
    Again, doing the unhide thing and tracing the error may help.

For Eruption, I think it has always been correct for me (had Var instead of the incorrect 150 for BP).

Trump Card:
    I was just too lazy before to implement option boxes for specific moves such as Trump Card and Rollout, but I will soon enough. Anyway, you should be able to use a custom Base Power just fine by inserting it in the input-like cell besides the original Base Power (G10).

Tomorrow I'll roll a nice update with 1800 Smogon movesets for easier input of information, possibility to swap attacker and defender and maybe a reverse stat calculator (this last one isn't by me :p)
    It's also in my plans to reformulate how it deals with moves that have variable BP and reorganize the whole attacker/defending options thing.

Anyway Typo, maybe it's time to "buy" Office 2007?

Edit: also, does the exporting tool ever work for you?
  20. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

This is.. very cool. I'm running it in openoffice, and everything bar the CONCATENATE (why is it limited to 30 strings on OO...) are working perfectly (Moveset Coverage Calculator and Damage Calc export), which I'm working on a (probably quite ugly) fix for. Edit: Very ugly fix working. I do have a few suggestions if you want to make it even better:

1. Allowing you to input current HP as a number, not a %.
    % HP is inaccurate, and often falls between two real HP numbers.

2. Chance to Crit seems not to be working, even when yes is selected the chance for an attack that does 90% max has a 0% chance to OHKO.

3 Multiturn KO calculator.
    For starters, just with repeated use of the same move. Maybe later with the option to carry over an attack, so you can work out the chances of 2HKOing with one move followed by a different one. Extras include: Oran Berry/Berry Juice/Sitrus Berry activating if a Poke drops below a certain %, Leftovers/Sand/Hail/Status at end of each turn.
  21. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

Alright...time for the most idiotic question ever.

How do you get this to run in Excel? All of the files I try to open come up as "This file is not a valid XML Spreadsheet". I'm running on a Mac, if that changes anything, but I have Excel and I am extremely stupid.

Thanks for putting up with this! ^_^;
  22. Weavile

Weavile - Super Moderator

This makes me sad, I don't have a spreadsheet program I can run it on, but good job.
    Edit: I can't believe I forgot open office.
  23. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

@ete
    1. If you mean for your own HP, ok, I can do this. Not for foe's HP though.
    2. I fixed this but I'm not sure if I have uploaded it or if you have downloaded the stealth update. Anyway, I'll post a update later today and then you just download that.
    The problem was that instead of doing *(100-6,25) and then adding the 0~6,25% that the crit would add, I just did -6,25 then +0~6,25 lol
    3. That's nice but is a little complicated. Maybe when I'm finished with all the essentials and other stuff that are more important than that

@N8theGr8
    Mac? No idea. Sorry!

@Weavilewinz
    Well OpenOffice has that limitation pointed by ete...
  24. Weavile

Weavile - Super Moderator

But still, its better than nothing isn't it.
  25. eric the espeon

eric the espeon is an espeon.

I'll finish the OO compatible version when I get a chance. Why not have an option to input the foe's current HP as a number? Would help with things like exact chance to KO after SR/other specific amount of damage. Multiturn KO calc is pretty complex, yea. Would be cool but far from essential.
  26. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

New update
    Changes:
    • Small interface changes in Stat calc
    • 1800 Smogon sets added for easier damage calculation (select the Pokémon, select the set, click the button and it all becomes filled for you!) (this incresed the file size to more than 1 MB D:)
    • Button for swapping around attacker and defender
    • Buttons for clearing contents in Damage Calc
    • Added list filters for better selection of Pokémon in Damage Calc
    • Fixed moves with -- Accuracy (never miss moves, become "101%")
    • Judgment, Weather Ball, Fling, and Natural Gift now have the proper power/type
    • If you move has a varying BP or is affected by your ability, the foe's ability, an item multiplier or other factors described in this section, it is shwon properly
    • OHKO moves now have proper accuracy depending on level
    • PsyWave, Seismic Toss and Night Shade now show the proper damage
    • New and better layout for extra damage calculator options
    • Identifies automatically if it is a multi-target move in a double/triple battle
    • Identifies if your move has possible extra options (Magnitude, multi-hit moves, Rollout, Surf+Dive, etc) and asks you for the correct scenario, then using the appropriate base power
    • You can input your own HP instead of your HP%
  27. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

All of the sudden...the exact file I was opening earlier decided to start working.

I have no idea why, but this is awesome! Great job, Slipper! :D
  28. Athenodoros

Athenodoros New Member

This thing is amazing Slipperjeans. Great work. Thanks.
  29. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Uploaded small update that fixes some nitpicks.
    Evolution Stone
    Can now select Genderless
    Proper capitalization for Exporting tool
  30. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

I can't seem to get the new one to calculate at all on the new versions. Macros on and off. both the cells which should hold calculations stay #Value. This is the 2003 version btw.
  31. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Uploaded a small new update
    • Much faster buttons in damage calc (thanks Konnitiwa!!)
    • Fixed some weird stuff happening with Kyogre
    • Ability to set entry hazards and apply them to you/your foe

Edit: another small new update (4.8.4) with support for Gravity, Miracle Eye, Foresight and Scrappy

Edit: 4.8.5 with copy to clipboard buttons

Edit: 4.8.6 with damage calc bug fixes
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  32. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

New updates

4.8.7:
    Bug fixes, some common gen 5 movesets

Fixes some reported bugs and provides an easy way for you to input your own movesets (and be able to select them with that button).
    I also re-ripped all the 4th Gen Smogon movesets. It should be in better organization now. (Thanks Konnitiwa!!!)

Team Weaknesses Calculator now asks you and accounts for abilities (like Levitate)
    Also a copy output button for it

Bug fixes (mainly 2003), support for Reckless
    A Team Synergy Calculator. Shows you what Pokémon resists the weaknesses of each other on your team.

[​IMG]

And coming in the next update: end-of-turn damage.
    [​IMG]
  33. coolguy31337

coolguy31337 Amor Fati

And cuz Slipperjeans hates us PO people and updates his damage calc only on Smogon and not here...

34. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

Slipper be trollan. Good work man.
  35. coolguy31337

coolguy31337 Amor Fati

I found a bug. Shedinja.

It's showing up in the moveset coverage calculator even though I have a flying move.
  36. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

Sorry if I abandoned you guys, now I'll make sure I update it in both places ;-;

btw version 5.0.10, bug fixed only (5.0.6 has a set making tool but coolguy already posted that so...)

--//--

Thanks Amethyst for helping me with bugs.

It appears that OpenOffice is too dramatic and returns errors even when the error is not the result of an IF. Well, eventually someone would use Reflect and the Exporting Tool and notice the error. All thanks to my laziness.
    Also removed that reference to an external file that I included by mistake and some other proble
    s.
    This makes it fir version 5.0.11, which you should download if you are having any trouble currently.

OpenOffice users: it just came to my attention that OpenOffice does not use VBa and, therefore, Excel macros can't be used in it. Things that break are:
    • Buttons that clear settings
    • Button to swap attacker and defender
    • Importing sets
    • Creating sets
    • Ditto detection
    • Coverage Calculator
    • Exporting Tool (though this one can do without macros; it is in my to-do list)

Tough. I can Pastebin the Excel macros if anyone is willing to convert them.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  37. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Katsuragi Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Sticking for others to see :3
  38. Pizza

Pizza I'm so bad at this game.

My god this is amazing, why didn't I notice this before?
  39. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

I'm updating to version 5.1 which has a thing to export your teams or sets to PO importable text.
    Please tell me if anything doesn't work when imported into PO so I can fix it!
  40. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Wow. Slipperjeans, this is incredibly useful. I just started using it, and I'm just like WOW. Thanks a lot.