Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

Stall with gimmicks? Oh yeah [Rain Stall]

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Luck>Skill, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill There will be pain, there will be screaming

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Gimmicks stall ftw

At a glance
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I. Introduction
    Well, I was bored by moles, ubers, and so on, I always loved the idea of stalling with a weather, but I never had success (my 4th gen SandStorm team only reached top 20 on the NU ladder, the Hail team...better not talk about it), and now, with some new toys (hydration Vaporeon, drizzle Politoed, the new effect of "sturdy"), I tried to build a rain stall team, but avoiding the most obvious pokemon (bar Vaporeon, whom I don't like much, but it's the set's idea that is cool), like Rain Dish Tentacruel and similar, but let's take a closer look:

II. Closer look

[​IMG]

Weavilewinz (Forretress) (F) @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Payback
    - Rapid Spin

Well, his only aim is to place SR and then can do some nice work walling. I don't know if go on with this or to put Skarmory, but Forry is pro because he has Rapid Spin. Toxic Spikes are mostly a filler, but they can help, anyway always place SR before them, because then Shanderaa comes, you switch and he gets owned, 25% if he switch out it's not a nice prospect, furthermore, Forretress beats deoxys-s, and he takes Outrages like a pro

[​IMG]

Regina (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Fake Tears
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Pro set is pro, fake tears helps you in 2 different ways
    1st:forcing switches to rack up entry hazards damage
    2nd: helps you to kill the last pokemon remaining, also, Vaporeon has a nice Sp. Atk, so he can capitalize the sp. def drop to do tons of damage, I was using Ice Beam over HP electric before, then I realized that being walled by all the bulky waters of the game wasn't funny, so I went with HP

[​IMG]

Lady Umb (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Encore
    - Refresh
    - Ice Beam

This set is the same I used in NU in the 4th gen, with more sp. def and less speed (here I don't have to encore specific threat like in the past), refresh is a good move to have on a wall. Basically Politoed is in the team only to be sure to have the rain up, which is essential to the team.

[​IMG]

kokoloko (Agirudaa) (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Bug Buzz

This. Is. The. Best. Troll. Pokemon. Ever.

Faster than the light (lol), he has mad speed, can encore common subbers, resists grass (ohyeah), toxic stuffs, and abuse rest + hydration. Bug Buzz is an essential STAB, and can help, but I was thinking about replacing it with Protect, to have more pro stalling

[​IMG]

HSOWA (Nattorei) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

Another pro wall, he can survive many HP fires from many pokemons thanks to the rain, and helps my team with the electric and grass weaknesses. his many role is a spiker (thanks Captain Obvious), a good pokemon, Gyro Ball really hurts when against fast pokemons (before I did 70% to a Latios, it was like "EPIC"), I was wondering replacing Leftovers with Shed Shell, considering all the rampant Shanderaas

[​IMG]

Gtfo (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Toxic

Ok now, I'll admit it: I FEAR the giant mole, I HATE Kojondo, and, what's more I needed a good electric resist, else than a pro physical wall, so I went up with Gliscor; why him and not Gligar? Basically, this works as a status absorber, it's a bit faster, slightly more HPs and has more attack. Use Gligar if you prefer better defenses, but it's not really worth it

III. Conclusion

This team is pretty solid, the only times I lost was against hardcore hax (something like 2 crits, 3 freezes, power whip miss on a kabutops and stuff like that), and the other time was because I forgot to put the moves on Politoed (he had only Ice Beam T_T). Agirudaa was a good surprise, and he's funny to play with. This team isn't exactly the easiest one to use (no weakness covered and similar), but it's very funny

Importable:
    [hide]
    Weavilewinz (Forretress) (F) @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Sturdy
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Payback
    - Rapid Spin

Regina (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Fake Tears
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Lady Umb (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Encore
    - Refresh
    - Ice Beam

kokoloko (Agirudaa) (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Bug Buzz

HSOWA (Nattorei) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

Gtfo (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Toxic[/hide]
  2. Weavile

Weavile ayyy Super Moderator

Is Agirudaa by chance commonly useless? Yeah thought so, anyway :3. This team seems teh sex, I would love to try it if I could use stall ♥.