Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 Ubers] Team Ninja Presnetly #67 on the Wi - Fi Ubers Ladder with 1386 points and climbing

Discussion in 'Teams' started by fidgety, Jun 1, 2011.

Moderators: fitzy
  1. fidgety

fidgety New Member

Well some of you may have read my analysis concerning priority in the Ubers tier for those of you who haven't the link is in my sig, well part of why i made that was the team i used to beat mibuchiha back on New Years Eve for me though it was New Years Day for him (yes i already made the paradox joke over on mibu's gym thread) was priority abuse. I'm not giving you guys that team yet instead a more recent rendition thereof, instead of the hyper offensive team that i was using then I'm using a balanced team here introducing team ninja.

Building Prosess

First of all i knew i wanted priority abusers so of course i default to the two best Swords Dance Rayquaza and Extremespeed Killer Arceus.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Now then i wanted something to take on most if any physical attacker in Ubers as far as i'm concerned there is only one option for that role Physically Defensive Groudon.

][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Next i wanted a cleric to remove status and send wishes through the team well that narrows it to chansey or blissey, in ubers i prefer chansey so there is that.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok, next on the to do list is a hazard platform and a spinner and Forretress is the only genuinely viable spinner in Ubers and as it does quite well with hazards both of those roles are filled.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Finally i needed another attacker and a lead so what is a strong anti-lead for an Ubers team i can't use Rayquaza as I'm using him as a Swords Dance Sweeper and I would rather it have some staying power so Deoxys-A is out then it hit me Giratina-O on top of being a solid anti-lead that will stick around for the better part of the battle it provides me with another useful advantage a Spin Blocker.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

First Look

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]@ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Tail
    - Shadow Sneak

My anti-lead, spin blocker, and the first ember of the offensive part of my team; Mixed Giratina-O. Hidden Power Fire is for Steels, Foreetohorn and Forretress in particular as they are the main hazard setters in the Ubers tier, Draco Meteor is here since it is the strongest Dragon Type attack in the game, Dragon Tail is here simply for its phazing ability as to troll the opposing checks/counters, Shadow Sneak is here for its +1 priority and STAB preventing some of the more common Uber suicide leads from getting more than 1 move off. The EVs are such as Giratina sits in a huge speed tier in Ubers the base 90 tier and as it has shadow sneak to bypass it, but Shadow Sneak's power is kinda lackluster, so near max with a positive nature to compensate, max special attack, 8 speed to beat uninvested base 90s.

Changes: None ATM.

Vs. common leads:

[​IMG] Rayquaza - Forretress to take the Outrage/Draco Meteor if outrage i gyro ball till it cools down and have Chansey take the fire blast then go to Arceus to finish, if Draco Meteor go to Chansey for the Fire blast then to Groudon for the oncoming physical move and force it out if E-speed if Outrage toxic and stall it.

[​IMG] Groudon - The lead doesn't run Toxic so i go to mine which stalls it out.

[​IMG] Dialga - send in Chansey to take the Draco Meteor then go to Groudon who 2hkos with Earthquake.

[​IMG] Deoxys-A - Shadow Sneak 1hkos sash sets do a maximum of 60% with ice beam.

[​IMG]] Deoxys-S - Draco Meteor followed by Shadow Sneak keeps it to 1 layer of hazards.

[​IMG] Darkrai - send in Forretress to take the Dark Pulse or Dark Void from the lead scarf and chase it out or Dark Pulse from the non-scarf and eventually wear it down requires a lot of prediction though until it uses Dark Void where Chansey can suddenly stay in and stall it out via Toxic.

[​IMG] Forretress - The only thing keeping this guy alive through a single HP Fire is sturdy so an non-issue.

[​IMG] Ferrothorn - plays out about the same as Forry.

[​IMG] Giratina-O - Draco Meteor to Chansey, Forretress to take the on coming Dragon Tail, eventually Groudon will get toxic off or Rayquaza/Arceus will get forced in to chase it out.

[​IMG] Kyogre - the t-wave lead is so rare i'm no going into it beyond i generally go to Chansey as most lead ogre are either that or much more likely a scarf set and Chansey can stall out Water Spout from the scarf set the t-wave set is powerless against Chansey especially with Toxic damage eating away at it.

if i have missed any leads post them so i can add them in though keep it reasonable.

[​IMG] @ Evolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Heal Bell

My Wish passer, Cleric, Special Sponge, and First member of my ChansTress Defensive Core; Evolite Chansey. Wish is here to give the rest of my team something it doesn't have otherwise a way to get HP back, Toxic is for Flying Types and Levitators Who are immune to Forry's T-Spikes, Protect allows Chansey to take only 1 hit to get its own wishes and stall for Toxic damage, Heal Bell heals my team of statuses especially the ever annoying burn. the EVs allow for maximum Physical Bulk and Evolite means Chansey already has excellent Special bulk even without any investment I've only given it 3 points and only that much since I Wanted an even boost on the Physical side.

Changes: None ATM

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Overheat
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Roar

My Physical Wall and Phazer; Physically Defensive Groudon. The first thing that you will notice about this set is the presence of Overheat the second being Roar both will be explained. I'll start with the easy stuff Earthquake is Groudon's strongest attack so no reason not to use it, Toxic is here for the same reason it is on Chansey catch the poke susceptible to Toxic but are immune to T-Spikes, Overheat is for things like Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and the odd Bronzong who will give Ray trouble towards the end that will come in on a Defensive Groudon with impunity under normal circumstances and roast them for doing so, and roar is is there since i don't want to chance the 90 accuracy or have it blown by subs. the EVs allow for maximum Physical Bulk While the 4 speed allow Groudon to beat minimally invested 90 defensive and mixed Dialga in particular as otherwise the mixed lo set destroys this team but after having Chansey sponge a Draco Meteor Groudon can tank out the outrage.

Changes: Stealth Rocks over Toxic to free up a slot on Forry for Spikes, and Dragon Tail over Roar if you aren't concerned about missing or subs.

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball

My Rapid Spinner, Hazard Platform, and second member of my ChansTress Defensive Core; Specially Defensive Forretress. Stealth Rocks are the most standard entry hazard in the game, Toxic Spikes are the most annoying inflicting any grounded non-steel/poison type with the poisoned status if only one layer is up or the badly poisoned status if two layers are up, Rapid Spin is there to clear my Field of entry hazards, Gyro Ball is there to give it some attacking option though it is hardly winning any awards damage wise with Forry's attack and the sheer bulk of most Ubers though I made sure to give it that little extra power. the EVs and Sassy maximize Special bulk the leftover 4 going into Physical Defense.

Changes: Spikes over Stealth Rock only if you give Groudon Rocks.

[​IMG]@Leftovers
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

The first part of my priority Abuse core and first setup sweeper; Extremespeed-Killer Arceus. Swords Dance boosts Arceus' attack by 2 stages, Fire Blast is for insert ungrounded Steel type here, Earthquake is for the grounded ones, and Extremespeed it the crux of this set being the most powerful priority move around due to STAB, unfortunately this set is walled to death by either Giratina forme and arceus ghost. The EVs allow Arceus to beat the base 90 Speed tier, max Attack Adamant gives Arceus every bit of power it could possibly get the rest into hp.

Changes: Shadow Claw over Fire Blast to deal with the aforementioned ghosts while losing skarm entirely while losing zong, forry, and ferrothorn to an extent.

[​IMG]@ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Extremespeed

The second part of my Priority Abuse Core and second setup sweeper; Swords Dance Rayquaza. Swords Dance gives the user +2 attack, Outrage is Ray's STAB move, Earthquake is for grounded Steel types, Extremespeed is for faster pokes. The EVs and Jolly nature give Rayquaza enough speed to beat all unboosted base 90 speed pokemon, the attack is there for power, and the leftover EVs into hp.

Changes: Dragon Caw over Outrage if you don't mind losing a fair bit of power in exchange for not getting locked in for 2-3 turns.

Importable:

[secret]Giratina@ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Tail
    Shadow Sneak

Chansey@ Evolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Wish
    Protect
    Toxic
    Heal Bell

Groudon@ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    Overheat
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Gyro Ball

Arceus@Leftovers
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast

Rayquaza@ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Swords Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Extremespeed[/secret]

THREAT LIST

[​IMG] Mewtwo: generally the lo variants i try to stall for toxic and lo damage and quickly enough i can get Giratina in to finish it with Shadow Sneak, non-lo sets i generally check to see weather or not there is a lefties regen going as none means choiced which are by far the easiest to deal with as Groudon and Forry wall Psystrike while chansey walls everything else, lefties sets take a little longer to beat but fall the same way as the lo sets except Chansey can actually wall them as an un-boosted Psystrike does max of 41% boosted 252/248 Bbold Evolite Chansey.

[​IMG] Mew: Toxic Spikes doesn't set off Synchronize and then i just need to keep phazing it before it can pass boosts or Stealth Rock sets i just bide my time till it is 2 rounds from being ko'd by Toxic damage send in Forry and spin.

[​IMG] Lugia: and uninvested Ice Beam doesn't do too much to Groudon who can Toxic and then i can stall it out with Forry.

[​IMG] Ho-Oh: That double Rock weakness is crippling to it generally meaning the only thing it isn't immediately under threat by switching into is forry as every thing has either a solid physical priority move or Toxic.

[​IMG] Latias: non-Refresh variants which is to say more or less all of them get Toxiced and stalled out by Chansey with the exception of choice sets (uncommon as for the most part are outclassed by Chioced Latios) where i go to Chansey the first time but the second I'll generally send it Giratina to absorb the trick as it is immune and then go to Chansey, refresh variants are always mono-attackers and as such i just have Arceus setup against it for a round or two then decimate it with +2/+4 STAB E-speed.

[​IMG] Latios: See the first 2 parts of Latias' description

[​IMG] Kyogre: non-Rest sets die slowly to the Toxic damage while being walled by Chansey, Rest sets fall to the raw power of the offensive part of this team (remember Rest generally means Calm Mind thus even with a physically defensive spread its special bulk surpasses its physical fast).

[​IMG] Groudon: as with Ogre Toxic damage destroys non-Resters which is nearly all of them with Groudon not even the Bulk Up set runs Rest the offensive sets i can also use my Groudon to keep them from being too troublesome during that time.

[​IMG] Rayquaza: Swords Dance and Dragon Dance are wall well by Groudon who can Toxic the DD ones (which also hate my Ray and Arceus who beat it to the punch using their Priority E-speeds) and roar both before they get too annoying, mixed it generally bait a Draco Meteor and have Chansey absorb it then Groudon walls it from there.

[​IMG] Jirachi: Most sets are physical so Groudon walls those effortlessly and beats it down with EQ.

[​IMG] Deoxys-A: 1hko'd by any and all Priority moves on this team, Ray can come in on Superpower, Arceus can come in on T-bolt or Ice Beam, and Giratina on T-bolt or Superpower while if i can bait it into Psycho Boosting into Chansey and Superpowering Groudon that is 2 rounds of lo damage and it has to switch out or become target practice for my priority attackers.

[​IMG] Deoxys-S: The only practical use for this guy in Ubers is a suicide lead which it does quite well unless you happen to be faced with an anti-lead like Giratina-O who is immune to E-speed isn't ko'd by Ice Beam and keeps it to one layer of hazards assuming Draco Meteor doesn't miss since the follow up to finish the job (remember sash is standard on this set) Shadow Sneak has 100% accuracy and a priority level of +1.

[​IMG] Dialga: Defensive sets are 2HKO'd by Groudon's EQ and only 3HKO back using dragon pulse, mixed are dangerous if i can't bait it into outraging on Groudon if i can I'm fine but if i can't I'm in deep dung, the choice sets are beaten by Chansey, Bulk Up the absolute bane of this team nothing does serious damage to it thankfully it can't come in on the offensive part of the team and Dragon Tail Restalkers are outspeed by Groudon and Giratina who both can phaze but this team is incapable of dealing any lasting damage to it and late game really can't do too much if it does get in against Forry or Chansey, .

[​IMG] Palkia: Chansey walls all but the rare physical mixed set which loses to Groudon.

[​IMG] Giratina-A: Physically Defensive is 1hko'd by Giratina's Draco Meteor, Specially Defensive by Rayquaza's Outrage.

[​IMG] Giratina-O: Ray outspeeds and 1HKO's with Outrage.

[​IMG] Manaphy: Groudon strips it of its precious rain, and from there i can send Rayquaza and Arceus to the target range, or just have chansey toxic stall until it rests and then have arceus set up while it sleeps and then ko as it wakes up.

[​IMG] Darkrai: I generally end up trying to get it to burn dark void on either Groudon or Forry as then Chansey can stall it out.

[​IMG] Shaymin-S: Chansey stops offenisve sets in their tracks though i need to Double Switch when Seed Flare gets a speial defense drop on the Specs and lo sets, sub-seed gets beat down by all the priority fast.

[​IMG] Arceus: Swords Dance - Groudon walls these with relative ease though it doesn't mind the occasional wish from Chansey to help it and it can also phaze them out.

CM Mono-attacker + CM Steel/Poison - The CM Mono-attackers for the most part i force a boosting war between them and Ray/Arceus who will max first and they will KO the excpetion being the Ghost variant as it is immune to E-speed and is faster, Steel is also a threat as it is immune to Toxic and resistant to E-speed same with the Rock Mono except it isn't immune to Toxic.

Defensive: Recover makes it take longer but Since all but Steel, Poison, And Flying (which i can just do manually anyway) are susceptible to T-Spikes i can just use that to stall for damage, Steel and Poison hats all of the Ground moves (Steel isn't too appreciative of the Fire ones either).

[​IMG] Reshiram: While under sun it 1-2HKOs my entire team with either Draco Meteor of Blue Flame when running Specs otherwise Chansey walls it and if the Specs set uses Draco Meteor Chansey still walls it and lets Toxic damage add up, if Blue Flame i need to sac ray who can take a Blue Flame and do about 40% with E-speed on average then Arceus can finish the job if it didn't switch inot T-Spikes as otherwise 1 Protect from Chansey will suffice.

[​IMG] Zekrom: Groudon walls all sets but the mixed ones which honestly are kinda meh and lose to forry the instant i bait a Draco Meteor.

[​IMG] Ferrothorn: Arceus' Fire Blast, Giratina's HP Fire, and Groudon's Overheat all 1hko, then forry Spins its hazards.

[​IMG] Forretress: See Ferrothorn though ideally i use Giratina who can also block Forry's Rapid Spin.

[​IMG] Espeon: The only things that it would come in on are Forretress who deals Serious damage with Gyro Ball, Chansey who rarely defaults to Toxic and when it doesn't it is because i'm sure i know what is coming in, or Groudon who destroys it with Earthquake.

[​IMG] Garchomp: It can't break Groudon.

[​IMG] Chansey: Ray 2hkos with outrage and it really doesn't stop anything other than Giratina.

[​IMG] Blissey: Ray 1hkos with Outrage, it cant even stop Giratina due to Dragon Tail being a 2hko.

[​IMG] Terrakion: Groudon walls and 1hkos with Earthquake.

[​IMG] Scizor: Groudon and Forry are untouchable as far as it is concerned (on top of this Groudon annihilates it with Overheat) and Arceus and Giratina have Fire Blast and HP Fire for it respectively.

[​IMG] Skarmory: Groudon 1hkos with Overheat, Arceus with Fire Blast, and Giratina with HP Fire.

[​IMG] Thundurus: Chansey walls it and Arceus can KO it with a little prior damage beyond 1 instance of Rocks.

In summary this team's biggest flaw it it's highly Physical nature but considering the offensive theme I wanted there was no real way around that and the only physically bulky poke this team really loses to is BU Dialga since the offensive part of the team is properly supported by the defensive part of the team specs reshiram is a bitch to any team running Groudon and no Specially Defensive Evolite Chansey, and honsetly there are few relable checks to the CM Arceus sets though they are impractically hard to use (at least in my experience and lose to more offensive team a bit to frequently) for this to be a real concern to me. I honestly haven't enjoyed using an Ubers team quite this much since back in my HO days before all the Stupid Evasion teams started ruining the tier.

Final Look
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Vahnyu

Vahnyu New Member

Seems like a solid team, though, to be perfectly frank, aside from Foretress and Giratina-O, it doesn't seem like there's much of a ninja theme here.
  3. fidgety

fidgety New Member

3 priority attackers on one team that is where the name comes from i was going to add that in as part of the team summary but i wanted this up before i left for school as i wouldn't get another chance till this afternoon.
  4. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    You're missing an importable. Please PM it to me so I can unlock this thread. Good work on presentation!

Unlocked.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  5. fidgety

fidgety New Member

just bumping this as archer's locking this (he was just following regulations and i respect that) kind landed this halfway down the page.

Edit: just adding that this team is now #67 on the wi-fi ubers ladder with 1386 points and is still climbing (i'm adding this to the title as well but this is just a formality).
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. The Dude

The Dude i need a new whatever this is

I would suggest Spikes over Toxic Spikes on Forretress since your an offensive team and Spikes helps more then TSpikes because of the instant damage and leave Groudon like that, i like it. I'd give Arceus Shadow Claw and Ray Fire Blast due to Air Lock cause Kyogre is a common member of the targets, change it for Earthquake since Dialga is the most common Steel and it gets smashed by Outrage. Other than that nice team :)
  7. fidgety

fidgety New Member

as i mentioned Groudon might get Rocks as to open up an extra slot on Forry for Spikes since T-Spikes in some ways are the most important entry hazard on a ubers team so losing them would be a major problem especially since they are my best hope for beating non-lo mewtwo if my priority abusers are in bad shape same goes for non-rest ogre and some others like opposing defensive groudon on top of this Forry barely finds time for the 3 rounds of entry hazards setup that is is needs for rocks and T-spike i'ld never get Rocks and Spikes fully setup, the reason Arceus has Fire Blast and not Ray is actually because of Air Lock as Arceus gets a pseudo-STAB on Fire blast thanks to Groudon's sun trust me i put consideration into Fire Blast on Ray but it loses so much power just due to it nullifying the sun while it is in, thanks though.
  8. pokepusle

pokepusle New Member

take shadow claw over fire blast cause adamant nature ;)
  9. fidgety

fidgety New Member

again Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn, Forry, Skarm, Scizor, and the odd Zong as to clean the Way for a Swords Dance Ray sweep as the only other common steel is Dialga who doesn't resist outrage and on top of this Fire Blast is powered up by Groudon's sun so the only resons i would have for Shadow Claw is Giratina-A/O and Arceus-Ghost and the way i play this team i benefit from Arceus having Fire Blast.
  10. fidgety

fidgety New Member

Well sorry about the double post just saying i've finally finished this RMT however i had to replace the moving Sprites with stationary ones from veekun as the site that the RMT generator got them from down ATM and all the forums (bar maybe 1 or 2 minor ones) are locked, but i've added a team summary section and gone in and done a manual Spelling/Grammar check as well so unless i find some errors that i decide to go back in and fix or there are changes made to the team this will be the last time i edit that post (unless Veekun goes under whereas i will need to replace those Pictures again).
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
Moderators: fitzy