Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.1

[BW2 OU] The other weather

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Firer, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Firer

Firer Owner

Some days ago I was again in the mood for a hail team, and since its a fun weather to use i thought wynaut

I've tried offensive and defensive and latter had way more succes so here is my Hailteam:

[​IMG]

Abomasnow (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 140 Atk / 128 SAtk / 240 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Blizzard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Earthquake

Well I guess its not that much of a suprise, since he is... common... on hail teams, but yeah Abomasnow for the hail and scarf since he is my revenge killer and gets some nice kills like against terrakion... 240 speed so i outspeed tornadus and thunderus by one point. hp fire for scizor, eq for tran, wood hammer for hippo,toad,terra,tar and stab and blizzard for stab and dnite etc.

[​IMG]

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Draco Meteor
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

The cleaner of the team. Choice Specs is enormously strong and gets many ohko's and even steels cant switch twice in Draco when spikes are up.
    Draco and blizzard are stab and focus blast and hp for coverage (tran/scizor and other steels)
    Modest for more power and I still outspeed all the 80's like dnite and the 81's (Gyarados).

[​IMG]

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Roar

Swampert is my bulky water, Sr setter and phazer. He helps against that nasty rock, i.e ttar and terrakion and the ele immunity comes often handy.
    Eq for stab and ib for coverage.

[​IMG]

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play

Sableye is my spin blocker. First it was a Jellicent, but since I had already a bulky water in Swampert I choose Sableye over it. Im impressed that a guy with 1459 as a basestat can such total destruction.
    You need to watch out that the pokes you want to WoW dont get toxiced by Tspikes so dont set them to early even though the guys I burn most are immune to Tspikes anywhay (Dnite, Gyara and Lando).
    The movepool is clear I guess exept maybe Foul Play what is IMO way better then night shade and conf ray, since im not rly lucky with confusion and night shade is boring and does not enough damage.
    Foul Play has nearly a base power from 150 and attacks with the attack stat of the opponent, raping for example darmanitan and victini who are immune to WoW, but also hitting Haxorus, Dnite and co. very hard on the switch KO'ing if they dont have full life and being superior then WoW in that case.

[​IMG]

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake

Forretress is my hazard setter and spinner, while also walling some pokemon to an extent.
    He is a nice switch in on scizor, which nearly all hail teams hate, and can set up on him and Tspikes are rly gold worth on hail stall not only poisoning Tyranitar, Hippodown, Politoed and Ninetales, but also helping killing the opponent's team faster.

[​IMG]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss

Blissey is my cleric, Wish passer and special wall.
    And its doing its job awesome.
    This team rly appreciates having Wish as swamp and forre love it and its ok for Sableye on the switch as well. Protect is to get youre own wish w/o taking damage and seismic is for damaging youre opponent. I choose it over Toxic, cause I have Tspikes and because hail kills the ghosts.

Here is the importable:

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 140 Atk / 128 SAtk / 240 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Blizzard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Earthquake

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Draco Meteor
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Roar

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss[/HIDE]
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. Bhoot

Bhoot New Member

Its been a really long time since I commented on someone else's post , but here I go .....

The biggest problem I see is that there just doesn't seem to be much synergy in ur team . If Sableye dies , ur team wont last against a good fighting type very long .

Secondly , most of team gains no benefit from hail . Its not like they are stalling or doing anything for that matter .

Anyways ...... moving on

Sableye is a pokemon I recently started experimenting with and its quite a staple in my teams now . I m currently using the set :

Sableye@Leftovers
    Trait : Prankster
    252HP/252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Nature (+Def , -Sp.Atk)
    Swagger
    Foul Play
    Recover
    Substitute

The set allows me to put up a substitute [i swagger 1st if my opponent is a sp. atk type] then swagger followed by foul play . Foul Play powers up if say ur opponent gains +atk . Swagger also confuses [which can do quite a large damage].

Recover is for trolling purposes . Swept a couple of teams with this guy . Just remember that if u swagger a physical attacker u should be able to foul play back , else have a ditto coz otherwise ur screwing urself [thinking of trying it with Power Swap(sableye uses swager a lot , dies and I use power swap and now i have +6atk while my opponent is screwed) on a fast pokemon]
  3. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

Swagleye is not exactly the most reliable set it's more of a troll set he needs that set to help with fighting types/scizors.

as you said though this team really does lack synergy I'd firstly recommend tentacruel over swampert/forry as it can do pretty much what the two of them can do in one slot this frees up a slot which I would recommend you fill with gliscor who would help with your fighting weakness Blissey could be given stealth rocks if you really feel you need them as well.