Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.2

The Pokemon Chat Challenge: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by OkamiBW, Apr 7, 2013.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl
  1. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

The Pokemon Chat Challenge

[color=#EO115F]Ruby[/color]/Sapphire/Emerald

Note: Both SteelEdges and Mewthree have given OkamiBW permission to take over The Pokemon Chat Challenge; this is official.

You may choose to pick Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald for your challenges. Note that the Scramble Challenge may determine which game you will play.

Please read the rules of each challenge before starting the challenges. Some of them have been modified/edited for clarity.

Score System

The Score System is very easy to understand. Each Challenge is worth 1 point allowing up to a total of 5 points from each Pokemon generation. After the Platinum Challenge all the points from every user will be tallied up and the winner with the most points (max number of points is 20) will win the Pokemon Chat Challenge. Placings will be posted at the end of the challenge, so even if you are guaranteed not to win, you still have a shot at a higher placing. Tiebreakers for 16+ pointers will go by the total of all 4 speed runs.

General Rules for Challenges

1. All Challenges must be done on a New File on the selected games. It is preferred if you play on a ROM due to the ability to make a screenshot to show your team's progress.

2. All Challenges will end when you defeat the Elite Four and Champion the first time.

3. You may only use a single Pokemon of any species. Meaning you cannot have two Lucario or two Tyranitar, etc.

4. You may not use Pokemon of the same evolutionary line. However you can use evolutions from a split evolutionary line such as: Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, etc.

5. All Challenges that you wish to participate in must be posted in this thread and be accepted by OkamiBW.

6. Do not use any Cheating devices such as Gameshark, Action Replay, etc.

7. When playing through your challenge make sure to post progress reports. A good idea is to post a screenshot of your team and/or boxes on the PC; this is the best way to show that you are following specific challenge guidelines. If you cannot figure out how to use print screen then make sure you create status updates with text. Make sure to go into detail though.

8. Final screenshots should show team and time. 2 screenshots are thus, preferred.
    Example:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ---

Speed Challenge
    Complete the game as fast as you can!

1. No Speed throttling - This means you cannot speed up the game by the using the space bar as this will be counted as cheating.

2. No team restrictions in this challenge.

3. After you defeat the Elite Four and Champion you are to post your playtime in the accompanying screenshots.

4. The top time only for the challenge will get a point from this generation on. (Not top 3)

5. The games must be [color=#EO115F]Ruby[/color] or Sapphire. Emerald is not allowed.

1. OkamiBW
    2. Celestial Phantom
    3. Professor Oak
    4. Insane Soul
    5. StreamioN
    6. viamage
    [/HIDE]
    ---

Monotype Challenge
    Can you defeat the game using only one Pokemon type?

1. You may only use one type of Pokemon i.e. only Grass Pokemon, only Fire Pokemon, etc. You can't use one Fire and one Grass.

2. If the fully evolved form is of that type (Dragonite for Mono-Flying), then you can use the pre-evo's of that line (Dratini/Dragonair).

3. You may use HM slaves of any type. However, these Pokemon are NOT allowed for use in battle and should be boxed when fighting the Elite Four.

4. Dual-type Pokemon are allowed, so long as one of their types is the Challenge's designated type.

5. Dragon, Ghost, Ice, and Steel-types are banned monotypes.

6. (Optional, no tally points awarded...just style points) Bonus: If you wish, you may request a random type from one of us. Note that this is not worth any extra points. It is similar to what Whiteouts were in the previous No Item challenges.

1. OkamiBW # (Ground) +1, Completed
    2. Celestial Phantom
    3. Jackpot # (Fighting)
    4. Professor Oak (Water) Completed, +1
    5. Slowkii (Bug)
    6. Insane Soul (Water) Completed, +1
    7. Mewthree (Grass) Completed, +1
    8. Blitzamirin (Psychic) Completed, +1
    9. StreamioN # (Poison)
    10. IronStorm (Flying)
    11. pokemonnerd # (Flying)
    12. Avatar Roku (Dark)
    13. Princess Luna # (Water)
    14. viamage
    15. Hobbes2 (Normal)
    [/HIDE]
    ---

Scramble Challenge
    Can you defeat the game with a team chosen by your fellow users?

1. Teams were chosen by Blitzamirin, Celestial Phantom (who have both helped a ton) and I. Some teams might not have a fully evolved Pokemon, but that will be due to evolving issues such as trading. Kyogre and Groudon and fair game, but due to their catching requirements, a version will be forced.

2. You must end the game with your team evolved to the designated Pokemon. For example, if you have Kadabra, you must evolve your Abra pre-Elite Four. In addition, you must have all 6 of your designated Pokemon to complete the challenge. Please note that your Starter will be determined.

3. Some Pokemon are tough to get (Safari Zone), but that is part of the challenge. It is recommended that you look up how to obtain your Pokemon on Serebii.net or Bulbapedia.net.

4. HM Slaves may be required to progress. If you need to use an HM Slave, post which one you are using and know you cannot use it for battle purposes.

5. You may use other Pokemon up until the point at which you are able to obtain 2nd Pokemon.

6. For scramble teams, I will be posting them next your name in the sign ups.

7. Emerald is not suggested as the teams were made with Ruby and Sapphire in mind. If all 6 assigned Pokemon are obtainable in Emerald, you may use it.

1. OkamiBW (Swampert / Ludicolo / Magneton / Heracross / Flygon / Camerupt) (S)
    2. Celestial Phantom (Swampert / Mightyena / Grumpig / Tropius / Spinda / Groudon) (R) Completed, +1
    3. Jackpot (Blaziken / Graveler / Kecleon / Sharpedo / Altaria / Grumpig) Completed, +1
    4. Professor Oak (Sceptile / Rhydon / Salamence / Glalie / Hariyama / Gyarados) Completed, +1
    5. ShowMeTheMankey (Blaziken / Graveler / Kecleon / Sharpedo / Altaria / Grumpig)
    6. Slowkii (Sceptile / Seadra / Exploud / Absol / Minun / Skarmory) Completed, +1
    7. Ortheore (Swampert / Raichu / Breloom / Lunatone / Skarmory / Muk) (S)
    8. Insane Soul (Swampert / Swellow / Breloom / Magcargo / Banette / Solrock) (R) Completed, +1
    9. RockyRd (Swampert / Gardevoir / Camerupt / Seviper / Altaria / Cradily) (S)
    10. Spoovo the Pirate (Blaziken / Skarmory / Ninjask / Rhydon / Vileplume / Whiscash)
    11. RedJoker25 (Sceptile / Linoone / Flygon / Muk / Sableye / Wailord) Completed, +1
    12. Blitzamirin (Sceptile / Nosepass / Ninjask / Whiscash / Girafarig / Swalot) Completed, +1
    13. StreamioN (Blaziken / Linoone / Mawile / Crawdaunt / Tropius / Gardevoir)
    14. Avatar Roku (Swampert / Dustox / Kadabra / Ninetales / Skarmory / Sandslash)
    15. Karppu (Swampert / Pelipper / Hariyama / Weezing / Cacturne / Ninetales)
    16. viamage (Blaziken / Ninjask / Sharpedo / Ludicolo / Sandslash / Girafarig)
    [/HIDE]
    ---

Unevolved Challenge
    Can you beat the game using only unevolved Pokemon?

1. Players must NOT evolve their Pokemon under any circumstance.

2. You may NOT catch or use any Pokemon that are middle evolutions or final evolutions.

3. Stand Alone Pokemon are NOT allowed. Examples of stand alone Pokemon are those Pokemon that have no evolution. Remember to take Generations into account when deciding a team. For instance, in the 3rd Generation Electabuzz and Magmar have no evolutions and are thus banned from 3rd Gen games and below. Pokemon that would otherwise be standalone Pokemon without trading are now legal (such as Onix having Steelix as an evolution).

1. OkamiBW +1, Completed
    2. Celestial Phantom
    3. Professor Oak
    4. Insane Soul
    5. StreamioN
    6. FPT
    7. viamage
    8. Blitzamirin +1, Completed
    [/HIDE]
    ---

Monocolour Challenge
    Red? Blue? Maybe Gray? Can you defeat the game using only one color?

LIST OF POKEMON BY COLOR (for reference)​

1. Legal colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Brown, Grey, White
    Banned: Pink, Black

2. You may only use one color of Pokemon, i.e. only Grey colored Pokemon, only Brown colored Pokemon, etc. You can't use one Red and one Blue.

3. If the fully evolved form is of that color (Delcatty for Purple), then you can use the pre-evo's of that line (Skitty {Pink}).

4. If an evolutionary line changes color to a different one than that of your own, you must not evolve it out of the color. For example, Larvitar and Tyranitar are green, Pupitar is gray. If you are running a green team, you may catch a Larvitar and evolve it normally to Tyranitar. If you are running a gray team, you may use Larvitar, evolve it to Pupitar, but cannot evolve it to Tyranitar.

5. You may use HM slaves of any color. However, these Pokemon are NOT allowed for use in battle and should be boxed when fighting the Elite Four.

6. (Optional, no tally points awarded...just style points) Bonus: If you wish, you may request a random color from one of us. Note that this is not worth any extra points. It is similar to what Whiteouts were in the previous No Item challenges.

1. OkamiBW # (Gray)
    2. Celestial Phantom # (Yellow) +1, Completed
    3. Jackpot # (Blue)
    4. Professor Oak (Blue) +1, Completed
    5. Insane Soul # (Yellow)
    6. Mewthree (Green) +1, Completed
    7. StreamioN # (Red)
    8. Slowkii # (Brown)
    9. pokemonnerd # (Green)
    10. Avatar Roku # (Green)
    11. Blitzamirin (Brown) +1, Completed
    12. viamage # (White)
    13. OkamiBW # (Gray) +1, Completed
    [/HIDE]

All right. I hope everyone has fun with these challenges. Remember to follow the rules as this is to enhance the difficulty of the games. Remember to post which challenges you want to participate in BEFORE starting.

ALL CHALLENGES WILL END ON MAY 8TH, 2013 AT 8:00 PM GMT -8 (Pacific Standard Time, DST on).

Challenge Leaderboard (Total, thus far):
    9 Points
    1. Professor Oak
    2. Celestial Phantom
    3. Insane Soul

8 Points
    1. OkamiBW
    2. Blitzamirin

6 Points
    1. Mewthree

4 Points
    1. Showmethemankey
    2. Ortheore
    3. Magnificent Faiyez

3 Points
    1. Pecofroyk

2 Points
    1. Nicehat
    2. Lord Zero

1 Point
    1. Treecko
    2. IronStorm
    3. Fegelein
    4. The Real Elmo
    5. Meeps
    6. Treecko37
    7. RyujinSama
    8. Avatar Roku
    9. Karppu
    10. RockyRd

Results from the Previous Round:
    5 Points
    1. Celestial Phantom
    2. Insane Soul

4 Points
    1. Professor Oak
    2. OkamiBW
    3. Blitzamirin

3 Points
    1. Princess Luna
    2. Dr. Fuji

2 Points
    1. Ortheore
    2. Magnificent Faiyez

1 Point
    1. RockyRd

Results from the First Round (FireRed/LeafGreen):
    RESULTS

The Pokemon Chat Challenge
    Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

Tallies:

5 pointers:
    1. Professor Oak

4 pointers:
    1. Celestial Phantom
    2. ShowMeTheMankey
    3. OkamiBW
    4. Blitzamirin
    5. Insane Soul

3 pointers:
    1. Pecofroyk
    2. Mewthree

2 pointers:
    1. Lord Zero
    2. Ortheore
    3. Nicehat
    4. Magnificent Faiyaz.

1 pointers:
    1. Treecko
    2. IronStorm
    3. Fegelein
    4. The Real Elmo
    5. Meeps
    6. Treecko37
    7. RyujinSama
    8. Avatar Roku
    9. Karppu

Speed Challenge:
    1. Professor Oak (2:44)
    2. ShowMeTheMankey (3:28)
    3. OkamiBW (3:40)
    4. Blitzamirin (5:03)
    5. Insane Soul (5:33)

Monotype Challenge:
    1. ShowMeTheMankey (Poison)
    2. IronStorm (Electric)
    3. Celestial Phantom (Poison)
    4. Ortheore (Water)
    5. OkamiBW (Water)
    6. Nicehat (Psychic)
    7. Blitzamirin (Grass)
    8. The Real Elmo (Bug)
    9. Treecko37 (Flying)
    10. Insane Soul (Flying)
    11. Pecofroyk (Water)
    12. Professor Oak (Normal)
    13. Magnificent Faiyaz. (Water)
    14. Mewthree (Poison)

Scramble Challenge:
    1. Lord Zero
    2. ShowMeTheMankey
    3. Treecko
    4. Celestial Phantom
    5. Ortheore
    6. Fegelein
    7. OkamiBW
    8. Nicehat
    9. Blitzamirin
    10. Insane Soul
    11. Professor Oak
    12. RyujinSama
    13. Avatar Roku
    14. Karppu

Unevolved Challenge:
    1. ShowMeTheMankey
    2. Celestial Phantom
    3. Mewthree
    4. OkamiBW
    5. Blitzamirin
    6. Meeps
    7. Insane Soul
    8. Professor Oak

No Item Challenge:
    1. Lord Zero (Whiteouts: 0)
    2. ShowMeTheMankey (Whiteouts: 0)
    3. Celestial Phantom (Whiteouts: 0)
    4. OkamiBW (Whiteouts: 6)
    5. Blitzamirin (Whiteouts: 1)
    6. Insane Soul (Whiteouts: 5)
    7. Pecofroyk (Whiteouts: 0)
    8. Professor Oak (Whiteouts: 0)
    9. Magnificent Faiyaz. (Whiteouts: 14)
    10. Mewthree (Whiteouts: 50)

Remember to update your first post with your progress.
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

For my own sign ups:
    I will be doing all 5 challenges.

For Monotype, Scramble, and Monocolour, please assign me a team, Celestial Phantom or Blitzamirin. :)

Okami: Swampert / Ludicolo / Magneton / Heracross / Flygon / Camerupt (Sapphire only)

Unevolved (Complete)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Flannery's hot in more ways than one.
    [​IMG]
    Team, pre-Norman.

Elite Four stuff:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Victory stuff:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Monocolour {Gray} (Complete)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Monotype {Ground} (Complete)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Scramble (Complete)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Btw, I had Pokerus for all 6 pokes, lol.
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  3. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom Ole! Ole! Ole! Tier Leader

yeah yeah, going to do all 5 again.

Your Scramble team will be:
    Swampert / Mightyena / Grumpig / Tropius / Spinda / Groudon
    Ruby only.

~Okami

Random Monocolour: Yellow

Monotype = Dark
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  4. Jackpot

Jackpot New Member

Gonna wreck the Monocolour, Monotype and Scramble challenges :p

Your Scramble team will be:
    Blaziken / Graveler / Kecleon / Sharpedo / Altaria / Grumpig
    Ruby or Sapphire, your choice.

~Okami

Monotype: Fighting

Monocolour: Blue
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  5. Professor Oak

Professor Oak I shall grind beneath my heel all that exists! Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Forgot to complain about the change to the Speed Challenge before, so I just sent you a VM, Okami. Please change it back to top 1 only. It ruins the point of it to have it top 3.

Also, unstuck the other thread and stuck this one.

Finally, all 5 challenges, sign me up. The new Monocolour challenge looks fun, I might try that first. If we ever do Yellow like we did during the Nuzlocke runs, can we bring No-item back? Would make it a lot more difficult.

Professor Oak: Sceptile/Rhydon/Salamence/Glalie/Hariyama/Gyarados
    Due to a thing with roms and in-game time events, told to me by oak, some pokemon might not be available, so pokemon like Glalie might not be an option. Oak has gladly said he'd tell us when he gets to shoal cave about this, and as such some pokemon may be subject to change.

So I'm doing my Scramble first, as I said I would to help out. I'll confirm if what Blitz said is true or not.

Anyway, picked up my Treecko (CLARION). Demolished Roxanne. Wasn't even worth slowing down or screenshotting - Grovyle vs Roxanne = ded. Level 21 by the time I even got to Dewford. I then got the Old Rod from the Fisherman, got myself a Magikarp (WALTER), and then made my way to Dewford Cave. There, I met my Makuhita (PHIL). I then spent a hell of a lot of time in that cave trying to get through without things dying lol. I finally reached Steven, delivered the Letter, and decided "Fuck you Brawly" and moved on to Slateport.

Beat the trainers on the beach, went to the museum, beat up Team Aqua Grunts, delivered the parcel, and then fought all the trainers north of Slateport. I then decided I was strong enough to take on Brawly - So I went back with my Hariyama, Gyarados and Grovyle and destroyed his Gym lol.

I fought my rival and continued north to Mauville, where I decided to take on all the trainers east and west before fighting Wattson. I'm glad I did, as Hariyama then had the power to destroy Wattson by himself. I then went to Wally's place and reunited Wanda with her boyfriend. Much sex was had. It was at this point that I realised I was a bit bored of Gen 3 and took a break for a bit.

Upon starting up again, I started my journey north. The Winistrate family had me worried, as I thought I was gonna lose horribly. Turns out that Dragon Rage was still OP at that part of the game though. LGI GYARADOS. Crawled my way through that Fiery Path to the ash rain and to Fallarbor Town. Professor Cosmo was kidnapped? Who by? Team Magma? LOL FREE EXP. Took on all the trainers near there and climbed Mt. Chimney and destroyed Team Magma. I then finally made my descent into Lavaridge Town. This Gym was fairly easy... until the boss fight. My lack of Water-type moves hurt me here, and I ended up barely beating that damn Torkoal. I then took another break, cos Gen 3 in-game bores me lol.

I then did my usual thing of "WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO N-oh yeah, Norman." Made the long trek back to Norman, destroyed his face thanks to Hariyama, and took my sacred prize of HM03 Surf. FINALLY, GYARADOS HAD A DECENT ATTACK! I then started Surfing around battling trainers near Slateport to level up a bit... and got bored and stopped playing again lol.

I started back up, continuing my grinding upon the many Surfable areas of the game. I then made my way east from Mauville, with my new Sceptile in tow. The long walk up to Fortree City... sucked many dicks. Sceptile is the third-worst starter of all time - only beaten by Meganium and Serperior. Anyway, I completely bypassed Fortree City, got my Devon Scope (ANOTHER ITEM THEY STOLE FROM SILPH) from Steven, and then walked back to Fortree. I took on the trainers with Hariyama, cos I'm a mad man lol. Winona herself, however, was to be Gyarados' fight. As it turns out, Dragon Rage is still OP - it 3HKO'd Tropius, 2HKO'd Pelliper and 3/4HKO'd Altaria. That's where I'm at now - Lv 40 Gyarados, Lv 40 Sceptile, Lv 41 Hariyama. Sucks. I'll update later.

So I ended up making the long treck to Lilycove City, got a Pokeblock Case, and made my way back to the Safari Zone. FINALLY, I COULD GET MY NEXT POKEMON - Rhyhorn (DEVON). Only problem was that I'd have to grind it up... so I went to Team Magma's Hideout. Man, I hate that place. As if Flannery's Torkoal wasn't bad enough, you find wild ones here quite commonly. If you lack a Water-type, you're gonna be in trouble here. Luckily, I had Gyarados and Surf. I demolished it, and Maxie woke Groudon up. Oh well. Slateport next, so I could buy Hidden Power. Oh, Team Aqua stole Stern's sub? I guess we'll beat the Aqua Hideout too. Seriously though, both teams are weak as fuck. Archie escaped in the sub though, so I went Surfing on the sea.

I reached Mossdeep City, healed up, and then went to Shoal Cave. In the icy depths, I found myself my 5th member of my team - Snorunt (AIZE). After fighting a bunch of trainers, I then took on the Mossdeep Gym. Luckily, as we're past Lilycove, Sceptile can just slaughter the game. My newly evolved Rhydon also took Claydol's Earthquakes like a boss. The battle was a piece of cake. I then went to find Archie in the Underground Cavern. Man, that's another dungeon I hate. Seriously, I don't like Gen 3 in-game. Anyway, fought my way through it, got the Earthquake TM, and beat Archie before Kyogre woke up.

I then went to Sootopolis, saw the cutscene, spoke to Wallace, and started my journey towards the Sky Pillar. I decided to take out every single trainer in the seas surrounding Mossdeep, Sootopolis and Pacifidlog, leaving just a few before Evergrande so I could grind up the final member of my team - I'll get to that later. I then climbed the Sky Pillar. During the climb, Snorunt evolved into Glalie. I woke Rayquaza up, flew to Sootopolis, watched the cutscene, and then decided to take on the Sootopolis Gym. As it turns out, it was a piece of cake. That Kingdra would've slaughtered me if I hadn't kept Vital Throw on Hariyama - seriously, when you take on Juan, bring an Odor Sleuth / Foresight / Aerial Ace / Vital Throw / Swift user, else you'll tear your hair out.

With my final badge collected, I could finally get my last member of my team. That's what I'm doing right now. I'll update later.
    I'm now updating later lol. Anyway, I went into Meteor Falls to pick up my last member of my team: Bagon (Kate). I also got the Dragon Claw TM right there to teach to it. With that, the long grind started. I took out every trainer that wanted a rematch, every trainer I'd yet to face that wasn't in Victory Road and a ton of wild Pokemon in between... which only got my newly evolved Shelgon to Level 34. The journey through Victory Road was... surprisingly simple. If you know the path through it, it's a piece of cake. If you don't, you're gonna be looping around for hours. Anyway, despite many rages over Golbats repeatedly destroying half of my team without taking any damage, I beat many trainers and Pokemon, and reached the Elite Four.

Only problem was that Shelgon was Level 41. Crap. Time to go back and grind.

After getting the Flamethrower TM for Shelgon, and finishing grinding, it finally evolved into a Salamence. With that being my last Pokemon (bar Glalie) to reach Level 50, I felt I was strong enough to take the Elite Four on... with a ton of items. I bought 99 Hyper Potions, 99 Revives, several Full Restores... I was prepared lol.

I started against Sidney. His Mightyena's Intimidate allowed it to survive Hariyama's Brick Break, so it ended up going down to 3 thanks to a Full Restore. Next up was Shiftry... and I doubted that I could take it out without taking a heavy hit from Extrasensory. I ended up swapping to Salamence for the rest of the fight. That was a good decision. Shiftry used Swagger twice on my Salamence, and despite Torment, this allowed Salamence to OHKO everything with Fly and Headbutt. It was easy as anything lol.

Next up was Phoebe. I wasn't looking forward to this fight, as the only decent move I had for her two Dusclops was Glalie's Crunch. Glalie took out the first Dusclops in 5 Crunches, and lived to see the second one come in. With its last few Crunch PP, it dealt a lot of damage... but was taken out by 2 Rock Slides. I switched in Sceptile to finish the job with Leaf Blade. I then brought Salamence in, and Salamence 2HKO'd everything with Dragon Claw. But those fucking Dusclops man. Ugh.

I was expecting Glacia's fight to take 5 turns. I was wrong - it took 8. The first Sealeo survived Leaf Blade, got healed up and taken out, the second Sealeo was OHKO'd, Walrein was OHKO'd by a crit, Glalie survived a Brick Break and got healed twice but was 3HKO'd, and the second Glalie was OHKO'd. Piece of piss.

This was where things were gonna get tough. Whilst I had Glalie, Drake had several highly-levelled over-powered Dragon-types. Shelgon survived the first turn due to Protect... which I knew would happen, so I used Flash. Ice Beam made quick work of Shelgon after that. Flygon came in and dealt some good damage with Flamethrower, but Ice Beam finished him again. I then switched in Salamence against his own Salamence, and intentionaly sacced it. I brought Glalie back out, reinvigorated with a Hyper Potion, and he survived Flamethrower and OHKO'd with Ice Beam. Rhydon came in and OHKO'd Altaria with Rock Blast... then a Kingdra appeared. FUCK THIS POKEMON. It OHKO'd Rhydon, took a Ice Beam like a champ and finished off Glalie, decided to power through Hariyama with Surf... if it wasn't Gyarados not caring about Double Team and beating it with 7 consecutive Strengths, I might not have beaten Drake.

I was confident going into the Wallace fight, as I had Sceptile. At this point, I was stupid and forgot to switch Glalie out of the first slot when healing, meaning that it ended up being an early sacrifice for Wailord thanks to the battle automatically starting when you enter the Champion room. Still, after taking an Earthquake from Glalie, Sceptile came in and started raining destruction. Wailord down in 1 hit... and Milotic came in. FUCK THIS POKEMON TOO. Not 2HKO'd by Leaf Blade, a combination of Full Restores, Recover and Ice Beam meant I had to switch out and heal Sceptile. Hariyama was the unfortunate sap that got sacced in order to beat Milotic with Sceptile's Leaf Blade.

Tentacruel came in next. I was fearing Sludge Bomb, so I went to Gyarados to heal up Sceptile, revive Hariyama and heal him up, and then watched it die. Salamence came in next, and was taken down by a combination of Toxic and Ice Beam. Hariyama was Toxic'd, but finished Tentacruel off with Strength. Gyarados came in next, and I started to panic. It was faster than Hariyama, and finished it off before it could strike. I switched in Rhydon, hoping for some dumb AI... I didn't get it. It was now Sceptile vs three. Gyarados Dragon Dance'd twice, meaning Hyper Beam would OHKO me... and I crit with Leaf Blade. I got so lucky here.

Whiscash came out next. He went back to his Pokeball with a leafy cut about 5 seconds later. Finally, Ludicolo came out to play. He Double Team'd twice, and then got Full Restored. My Leaf Blade hit. His Surf hit. Leaf Blade hit again, Surf hit again... and I was in Overgrow range - this was to prove vital, as Leaf Blade would not have KO'd without the Overgrow boost. The final Leaf Blade finished off Ludicolo and provided me with victory in this Scramble Challenge... 15 days after starting it.

[​IMG]

Team's in the secret tags. Fuck me, that was not fun.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  6. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

Responses in bold.

Note: Leaving CP and Blitz on assigning duty. Afk for the week (with some minor exceptions).
  7. ShowMeTheMankey

ShowMeTheMankey Server Staff

I'd like to do a Scramble of Emerald please
    Showmethemankey: Blaziken / Graveler / Kecleon / Sharpedo / Altaria / Grumpig
  8. Celestial Phantom

I'm just going to use this post for people who ask and want to start that way okami/fuji can update the OP while they are away. So keep track of this so you can know the updates. Just C/P the team into your guys posts if you want, so you can remember. I'll just update this post with type/colours for people who ask for the randomized version.
  9. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

Yay, Gen 3 :D

I'd like a Scramble one.

I'll also do a monotype/unevolved in a run too. Random type please?

Slowkii: Sceptile/Seadra/Exploud/Absol/Minun/Skarmory
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  10. Ortheore

Ortheore Has a pocket sledgehammer

I'll go scramble, monotype and monocolour. Random type and colour please

Ortheore: Swampert / Raichu / Breloom / Lunatone / Skarmory / Muk (Sapphire only) Type:Rock Colour:Grey

Scramble updates
    Roxanne. On an unrelated note, I had no idea surskit was obtainable at this point in the game
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Brawly
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Watson
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    The fire gym... I can't remember her name
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Norman
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Winona
    [​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Liza & Tate (?). Frankly, I've lost a lot of interest in this, and probably won't continue. We'll see though
    [​IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  11. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

Thanks Cele :D

Can you give me a random type for monotype if you're allowed?

EDIT: I will be using this post for Updates on my scramble run.

Scramble Run *COMPLETED* (FOR REAL THIS TIME)

Beat Roxanne.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Brawley.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Wattson.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Flannery.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Norman.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Winona. God I hate her gym. Goldeen is for surf because I don't have a super rod yet.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Tate and Liza beaten with ease. Will now catch Horsea and I can focus on training it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Wallace. Not going to do individual pics of my team because I forgot to do staight after and they've leveled etc.

[​IMG][/hide]

I beat the league... Eventually. \o/

[Hide][​IMG][​IMG]

But then..... "Horsea was not on your team."
    APSA#PFAPASFAFA

[​IMG][​IMG]

So I did that .[/Hide]

[/HIDE]
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  12. Insane Soul

Insane Soul I'm waiting on the good times now. Tier Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Insane Soul
    Doing all challenges, possibly only Scramble will be done outside Emerald (and the obvious Speed Challenge)..
    Btw, there is still a clause/rule for the Scramble Challenge which mentions Pokemon Crystal.. Perhaps that should be taken off, to avoid confusion from others

Edit: I hope Cele doesn't troll and assign Milotic to someone on the Scramble

Insane Soul: Swampert / Swellow / Breloom / Magcargo / Banette / Solrock (Ruby only)

Monotype Challenge (Emerald):

Pre-E4 Stuff
    Roxanne - Stone Badge
    So i obviously chose Mudkip, and i was glad to see that Wingull could be found in the next route, and Lotad in the route blocked by the footprints guy.. I don't recall the storyline, but it started to come back to me after some mind triggers, like teaching Wally how to catch a pokemon.. Petalburg Woods isnt nearly as annoying as the other forests, but my obsession makes me have to explore every inch of a new area, considering im not doing the No Items Challenge (yet).. Rustboro City is dull, and so was its Gym Leader, Roxanne.. 3 Waters VS Geodudes and Jeff Goldblum = death

957N5Cq.png 1ax1xXi.png [/HIDE]

Brawly - Knuckle Badge

And here i started to notice that Emerald, while being the first Gen III game to really explore Double Battle mechanics, abuses the random challenges a lot, being that more than half of the trainer battles can turn out to be 1 V 2 battles, with both opponents having no relation at all.. Rusturf Tunnel was no biggie, and now was time to meet Mr. Briney, the seagull lover, and meeting potential powehouses, like Magikarp, Abra and Aron.. Dewford Gym wasn't nearly as annoying as it could have been, considering Makuhita had Bulk Up, and Brawly likes to abuse Potions..

SuPCkJX.png 8gWe1BK.png [/HIDE]

Wattson - Dynamo Badge
    Granite Cave was the first major annoyance, though it was minimized thanks to Flash.. It was now time get on the boat and reach the beach.. The sun umbrellas tricked me, and i got into some unexpected battles, but i quickly reached one of Hoenn's most famous spots, Slateport City.. I won't be going into the city's details, since it isn't much important.. Battle Tent pales in comparison against the Battle Frontier, and it one of the useless additions in Emerald.. On the other hand, the Oceanic Museum is pretty cool.. The following routes to Mauville weren't hard, and Grovile was handled by 2 Wing Attacks, peezy weezy.. After exploring the west and east routes of Mauville City, i faced Wally, who still had its wimpy Ralts, the boyish version of Abra.. Now for Wattson, Water VS Electric would be a tough matchup, except CUMMUDSHOT everything.. This is also a remarkable moment for Nuzlocke followers, since Nuzleaf perished here against a Voltorb's Selfdestruct..
    99FNOIn.png [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Flannery - Heat Badge
    The immediate challenge after Wattson was the Winstrate family, followed by Route 111, which could only be accessed partially, because of the Sandstorm.. Going through the Fiery Path was annoying, as mostly every pokemon is annoying at this point, except Skarmory, which could be found at Route 113.. At this point one can realize that Hoenn has a lot of cities and towns that are not related to the League Challenge, thus they don't have Gyms.. Fallarbor Town is one of these, having a volcanic theme with all the ash and red ground.. It was now time to meet Archie and Team Magma and Aqua again, and make some progress by backtracking to the cable car.. Route 115 can be relevant, if one wants to catch a Jigglypuff.. Tabitha and Maxie were a no brainer, with Mightyena's Intimidate being the only thing that caused some problems.. Camerupt couldn't even take one Water Gun lol.. Same story applies to Flannery, though Torkoal the beast tanked one Water Gun for great justice, only to deal minimum damage with Body Slam lol (Pelipper is a beast!)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Norman - Balance Badge
    In the fastest Gym transiction, there was not much left to explore.. Besides Fiery Path and Strenght (you can get a Fire Stone for a Ninetales :3) one could go the Sandstorm route, thanks to the Go-Goggles (weird name imo).. After clearing out the trainers and getting annoyed by Sand Veil and consecutive Sand Attacks, i got to Mirage Tower and then returned to Petalburg, in the hardest Gym so far.. Not only Norman, all the pokemon had high levels and their AI was set to high, so they would use a lot of items.. Slaking was the hardest one.. it was simply too hard to take it down.. Bide Swampert didn't do me any favors, since Slaking would just abuse Counter or loaf around, so i had to take it down with Water Gun.. Onwards with Surf!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Winona - Feather Badge
    Access to Surf is the biggest progress unlocker one can have in the Hoenn games, given it is the region with the most Water Routes. Even then, Water routes are annoying, and the only good part in exploring the trail from Petalburg to Slateport was the Abandoned Ship, where i could get Ice Beam.. I later went back to Mauville, and remembered that access to Surf would unlock Wattson's side quest: New Mauville! The underground power plant is pretty useless, aside from steppin on some buttons, but Wattson rewards you with Thunderbolt, which makes it all worth it..

So, to reach the Weather Institute we had a lot of walking to do, specially since cycling is impossible in very tall grass and the Acro Bike is needed for some stunts.. After battling a bunch of trainers, it was time to step in the Institute and show Team Aqua that the only side i pick is the winner side.. At least they choose redheads for staff, so that's cool.. You can also get Castform here, if you want to bother setting up weather during every single battle.. The moves are awesome though.. Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Fire Blast all at lvl. 40 and Thunder as a TM.. Only motherfucking Gyarados can have this kind of combination (also Smeargle and Palkia)..

May was as easy as it gets, and after appreciating one of the best looking cities/towns in the Pokemon World, i went to Route 120, since i didn't remember how to get past the invisible Kecleons.. I don't know why, but Fortree's gym used to be a huge pain in the ass to get through.. I was probably (more) retarded back in the days.. So the use of a little teammember, which i will later talk about, made the battle a little harder than i expected, that and the fact that i didn't have an effective move against the birds, other than Surf spam and Wing Attack.. Pelipper ended up saving the day, with its extraordinary bulk..
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Finding Feebas and the Beauty quest
    Back at the time, Feebas was the hardest pokemon to find.. But then it got replaced.. by itself.. just in another location. I mean, take this piece of info from Feebas' Trivia information on Bulbapedia:

The probability of finding a water tile with Feebas in Mt. Coronet is 1/132, with four possible fishing spots on 528 water tiles.
    • The probability of finding a water tile with Feebas on Route 119 is 1/72.66666..., with six possible fishing spots on 436 water tiles.

It is simply a bitch to catch, one of the pokemon with the most related videos on Youtube, just with tutorials on how to find it.. It is all bullshit: all you need is a Rod, any rod, and a lot of patience.. Apparently, since i have the best luck in-game, it took me a very short time to find Feebas, so the most excruciating part for me wasn't this one, but the evolution method..

[​IMG]
    I started searching near the waterfall, and my method was to have 2 wild encounter from each tile, then proceed to the other.. 2 were enough, because if you find the tile, Feebas is very easy to catch and to find at that specific spot, and you can always go there to find more Feebas, since the only way the specific tile locations will change is from talking to the trendy man in Dewford Town (check bulbapedia)..

[​IMG]
    The sexiest catch..

As soon as i got one, i started to do some research and find out how i could get a Milotic, the pokemon i most cherished for my Mono-Water team.. It evolves by Beauty, which is a bitch to raise in the Gen III games, as there are other, easier methods in other games.. So, after grinding it up a little bit, i found out it was on the Erratic group, meaning it only need 600.000 Exp. to reach lvl. 100, but it was still taking a long time... I gave it Surf and Ice Beam without a second thought, and faced Winona, went through Route 120 and 121 and reached the destination for my Beauty training: Lilycove City

There are specific natures that will enjoy more the specific flavor some Berries give: Dry flavor.. One of these natures was Modest, so i returned to the tile spot and got myself a Modest Feebas, which took about 8 attempts, a no-brainer with the Speed Throttler.. Now, with a Modest nature, Feebas' Beauty would raise more easily after tasting Blue Pokeblocks, the food of champions... Chesto and Oran Berries are the easiest ones to find, though you may find another berry, Kelpsy, which is given from time to time by the Berry Master.. My advise is to save before talking to Berry Master, and soft reset until he gives the Kelpsy Berry.. Planting is the hardest part, since you have to wait a lot of time until it grows and gives you more berries.. Remember: always keep one berry from blending it on the Contest Hall so you can use it for planting.. You must also remember than Speed Throttling must be disabled during Berry Blending, since you must reach a decent score on the machine to get good Pokeblocks, and you Feebas (just like any other pokemon) can only eat a limited number of pokeblocks..

Helping pages:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokéblock watch the Berry Blender results part
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Feebas
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Contest_category

After a lot of waiting and raising, I eventually got my shit together, and one Rare Candy later...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Tate & Liza - Mind Badge
    Now that the games were over, it was time to progress and leave the Contest, Conditions, Pokeblocks and Berries for good.. I didn't bother exploring Safari Zone (it was actually the only area i didn't explore) since it didn't have any surprises other than rare pokemon.. Mt. Pyre, which pales in comparison to Lavender Town, had no purpose other than to bug people with Shuppet and others of the kind.. Now, the Magma Hideout was an even bigger pain to explore, because i was out of Repels and i was too lazy to exit the cave and get me some.. Maxie's Crobat was the most annoying pokemon i dealt with so far, having considerable bulk and outspeeding everything for Confuse Ray spam, that and Bite's 90% flinching rate..

After the small cutscene in Slateport's Harbor, it was time to explore yet another hideout, joy... This one was a complete infrastructure, so it didn't have any pokemon swarming by, which was a huge plus.. The Admin here was a joke, when compared to the redhead one.. And now: the biggest pain in Hoenn's main games.. Ladies and Gentlemen.. WATER ROUTES! Water everywhere! Tentacool everywhere! They are so annoying! To avoid that, i went straight to Mossdeep and saved the humongous amount of Exp. from all the Swimmer for later.. I still had to do one of the best battles before the Gym, which was along Steven against Maxie and Tabitha... Its Metang started to get a lot of Swaggers from the Mightyena, and as soon as it snapped out of its confusion, Metal Claw would do a lot of damage, even to Camerupt, so it was the metal dong that carried me through the battle.. Tate and Liza were even harder, with my amazing Destiny Red strategy failing to deliver.. The exotic movepools would be too much, if it wasn't for Milotic saving the day and tanking Solrock's Solarbeam, which would have otherwise raped my team, along with Lunatone's Calm Mind..
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Stopping the crisis & Juan's Rain Badge

Won't be losing any time explaining the Water Routes, just that i was able to battle every single trainer (i checked Bulbapedia) and get Blue Shards to trade for Water Stones.. Seafloor Cavern had a treat for me, in the form of Earthquake! Since Swampert learns it only at lvl. 52, and it had no utility for any other teammate, i slapped it on the mud fish and rocked Archie's world.. I accidentaly got to Sootopolis before reaching this location, so it was useful to register it on Pelipper's radar.. As soon as the Legendaries went batshit insane, i just flew there, even though the city appears to be carved inside a mountain.. Sky Pillar was the next destination, and because it still hadn't shaken from Rayquaza's power, there was no need to sprint through any annoying holes.. Then, one could sit back and enjoy the cutscene of Kyogre and Groudon's confrontation and Rayquaza rising above all to calm down the beasts..

Enough with the legendary stuff! Actually no, i still went to Sky Pillar and faced Rayquaza, which i though woulde be at lvl. 45, for some reason, and was actually at lvl. 70, while my team was at it 48's.. Sooo, i had to rely on Milotic again, and boink the dragon with a goddamn Ice Beam from Hell!! After raping my team, Outrage finally confused and made Rayquaza hurt itself, which did enough damage for Ice Beam to finish.. I guess, but it was a crit, so disregard that..

[​IMG]

Juan was a pain in my butthole, mainly because i wanted Lanturn to get all the delicious Exp.. Whiscash was faster and Earthquake was flawless, so now was time for Ludicolo to suck them dry! In the end, Kingdra's Double Team was useless against an apparently godly Thunderbolt, which would hit better than Aerial Ace!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Further exploring and Victory Road

With access to Waterfall, there were still some routes to explore, specifically: close to the Weather Institute, you can get a Rare Candy; left from Fallarbor Town, you can get another Rare Candy, all after climbing waterfalls.. And, of course, Meteor Falls, where you battle some trainers, get some items, like the TM for Iron Tail and access Bagon's room.. Apart from Dratini, which could be bought by a good amount early in Kanto, and HG/SS, every pseudo-legendary's pre-evo is hard to get.. This little knucklehead is adorable, and must be trained in an insane fashion if you want to wreck the Elite Four with Salamence.. Now, Hoenn's Victory Road is definitely the hardest i faced, topping Kanto and Johto (which is empty from Trainers, lol)... Flash made me get my Abra back, and put Ludicolo in a corner so that i could Lanturn in time for the Elite Four.. The pokemon here are amazing, and Golbat and Hariyama give aroun 1000 Exp. for one solid fight.. But, it is worth it...
    [/HIDE][/HIDE]

E4 Adventure (no-items during battle):

Introduction
    Here's a piece of advise, and a useful formula for beating the Elite Four, regardless if your team is either unevolved or just composed of weak pokemon... It involved fighting laziness too, a trainer's toughest challenger.. The formula is: always face the Elite Four with your team in a specific level, all at the same level if possible.. The way to find out the minimum level (since you can always grind more) is by checking Elite Four's toughest (toughness being level) pokemon and the weakest pokemon, calculate their difference in levels, then add half to the weakest's level.. That level will be the mininimum level for facing the Elite Four.. A practical example:

The toughest pokemon in Hoenn's E4 is Wallace's Milotic, at lvl. 58, while the weakest pokemon are two - Sidney's Mightyena and Cacturne -, both at lvl. 46.. It is easy to see the difference in levels is of 12, so we cut that in half (6) and add to the weakest pokemon: 46+6: 52! And now you have your appropriate level..

Yet another example:

Johto's good ol' league is the weakest one by far.. But it still poses a challenge to players.. Now, the toughest pokemon in Johto's E4 is one of Lance's Dragonite, at lvl. 50, while the weakest pokemon are actually two - Will's Xatu and Koga's Ariados - both at lvl. 40.. The level cap is even easier to calculate (10), so we cut it in half and add 5 levels to the weakest pokemon, which makes the appropriate level that of 45..

I can't complain about the moveset: access to Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Psychic through TM is as good as it gets, so i only had to spend my moneys on another Ice Beam - for Starmie - and Thunderbolt, - for Starmie too -.. The number or Rare Candies one can get in-game is astonishing, so i had 8 Rare Candies left for the E4, excluding one i used on Feebas to check out its Beauty stat..
    [/HIDE]

Sidney
    A team full of powerhouses, with the level advantage, had to destroy Sidney in the logical way.. However, the struggle began with Mightyena's annoying Intimidate and Sand Attack spam, which after a while was defeated by Swampert.. The team was handled quite well by either Swampert or Pelipper, which was the best Water bet against the Grass/Dark duo.. In the end, i misclicked with Lanturn against Crawdaunt, and used Surf.. Luckily it used SD, and i clicked the right move the second time..
    [/HIDE]

Phoebe
    Phoebe was supposed to be hard, with no effective moves against Ghosts and the Pressure ability draining away my Surfs PP.. The first Dusclops also spams Protect all the time.. However, it is also stupid enough to use Curse when i have 5 pokemon left and it has less than 50% health.. None of the pokemon could be OHKO'd, so all there was to strategy was to outspeed, hit one move, tank the incoming, and finish it.. The hardest Dusclops took longer, but all ended well..
    [/HIDE]

Glacia
    Here's a theoretically easy match gone very hard.. The main issue in this match was that Lanturn was unable to OHKO neither of the Sealeo, and that move was my best bet against those fat mammals.. Wat do then? Well, they would always use Hail, which was quite annoying, but better that than a freeze.. I choked against Glalie and used Strenght against Glalie, which did minimum damage and won't break through the ice ball with a Torrent-triggered Surf.. Milotic was flawless, revenge killing one and then critting the other for graet justice.. Walrein is as bulky as it gets, finishing Lanturn and OHKOing Ludicolo through chilling misery.. Starmie went to finish the job, but even a Thunderbolt wasn't enough to finish off the walrus, so more PP waste.. It was now time for the dragonmeister LanceDrake!
    [/HIDE]

Drake
    Remember that. after beating the 5th Gym Leader, your father, you can go talk to your mother and tell her yout beat up your old man silly.. She will give an Amulet Coin which will do wonders in the following long journey.. Thanks to that, i was able to buy some TM13 and turn a Water VS Dragon matchup into a walk in the park..
    Now, Shelgon could never pose much of a challenge, besides PP Stall with full recovery. Two hits were enough, and so was the case with Altaria, except it was a 4x weakness, which only proves the immense bulk of the cotton diaper bird.. Now this was all by Ludicolo, which had an Adamant nature, perfect for special attacks :v. If i had used Milotic or Starmie, it would have been cold turkey for Drake..
    Kingdra was an hard-ass.. Swampert barely defeated it, after me doing a misclick and using Surf on it..
    Starmie outsped and OHKO'd the two powerhouses for great justice.. Surprised Salamence didnt tank it with 1HP, but glad it didn't..
    [/HIDE]

Wallace
    Water VS Water! Ready, set, go! The match was mainly made by 1 on 1s, with a few revenge killings and misplays. Lanturn defeated Wailord with relative ease, but ended up being Earthquake'd by Gyarados.. Starmie failed the revenge killing with Thunderbolt, but Earthquake still left me with yellow health..
    - Match count: 5-4 It was time for Pelipper VS Ludicolo! The type advantage didn't mean much, considering the level difference, the fact that Pelipper just can't hit very hard and Leech Seed.. And yet, it started to use Double Team on my face.. Aerial Ace for great justice, though the use of Full Restore ended up sealing the deal, as Pelipper couldn't take the onslaught of Giga Drains..
    - I send Starmie for the revenge killing, when Ludicolo had about 40% of health.. And what a shock to see Psychic didn't kill, and the son of a bitch killed me with its last Giga Drain..
    - Match count: 3-4 Milotic made no mistakes, and Ice Beam took it down.. Wallace would sent out Tentacruel, and there was only one pokemon that could finish it off: the liekable Swampert! Toxic missed, and Earhtquake ended a flawless victory 1 on 1..
    - The next pokemon was Whiscash, and as much as i would appreciate a Water/Ground showdown, i had a much advantageous matchup to profit, and so i did.. Ludicolo used Surf, because i misclicked on Giga Drain, allowing the fish to use Amnesia.. Now with Giga Drain, the damage wasn't enough to even put Whiscash at red health, which still allowed me to KO it with another Giga Drain, without activating Full recovery and at +4 Sp. Defense..
    - Match count: 3-1 Time to face the bulkiest fucker in the game.. Too bad Ludicolo was running low on the goddamn Giga Drain, so all i could do was throw one, then throw Surfs to weaken it as much as possible while facing a charge of Ice Beams and Toxic's residual damage.. Even with the Sitrus Berry activation, i still chipped some damage with a Surf crit.. Useless or not, Swampert went next, and against all odds.. Earthquake killed.. Simply the best starter ever.. And so it goes..[/HIDE]

[/HIDE]

Team Comments:

It looks something like this:

Milotic/Swampert>Starmie>Lanturn>>>Pelipper>Ludicolo

Swampert:
    The most reliable starter throughout the entire game, even more with the absence of a Grass-type Gym! The fact that it learns Earthquake only at lvl. 52 can be fixed by teaching it through TM at the Seafloor Cavern, so between the 7th and 8th badges.. But, Mud Shot + Surf makes nice coverage, and the fact that it only has one weakness (though glaring) makes it hard to couple with a pokemon which resists said type.. It carried the team through some situations until i got to the 6th Badge, since the team was finished in mid-to-late game..

Pelipper: Not being able to OHKO the big leagues makes it hard to use, but its bulk almost makes up for it.. Again, few weaknesses, both easy to play with the help of Swampert.. Wing Attack provided reliable STAB against the weaker pokemon, but sometimes i would just find it lacking.. Still, i needed a pokemon that could learn Fly, so the choice was well justified.. In the end, the fact that its Exp. group was Medium Fast made it easier to train, so it wasnt that much of a drag..

Ludicolo: Speaking of drag, this racist-themed pokemon was incredibly hard to train until its evolved form.. I had nothing but Fake Out, Absorb and whatever move Nature Power would turn into until the 5th Badge.. That, and the fact that Lombre's nature was Modest made its boost with Surf a little smaller than expected.. Slapping Giga Drain on it, after getting the 6th Badge made things a bit easier, but still harder than any other team member.. Only after getting Dive could i get a Water Stone and evolve the damn thing, so it could start getting shit done.. Exp. Group was the same as Swampert's, though the fight for maintenance was way harder..

Milotic: Hardest pokemon to get in the entire game.. Is it worth it? No pokemon would be after the insane amount of pokeblocks and fishing spots, but i can say Milotic might have been the best catch, definitely the sexiest.. Erratic experience group makes it level up like crazy.. Overall amazing stats, with a BST of 540 helps it a lot.. The fact that i caught a Modest Feebas helped a ton, and access to reliable recovery makes it the easiest pokemon to train i ever had.. Nothing would OHKO this thing.. The only drawback is that i could only abuse it after the 6th badge..

Starmie: Staryu is also not a easy fella to find, nor to evolve.. You can only get one with in Lilycove, after fishing some times with a Super Rod, only available in Mossdeep City.. That being said, Staryu does not fare well in battle, being very frail and unable to tank neutral hits.. Thank goodness the water routes have nothing but fresh fish, so slapping a Thunderbolt on it was the wisest thing to do.. You can only eolve it with a Water Stone, so i had to get another one besides the only one you can find naturally, in the Abandoned Ship.. That means, using Dive, finding Clamperl, catching a whole lot of them and see if they yielded any Blue Shards.. The 21th one did, so i called it a day and watched Starmie evolve and rape the living shit out of everything with godly coverage.. Double STABS, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt was a dream... The real drawback was the availability in late-game and the difficulty in getting one.. Also, Starmie is in the Slow experience group..

Lanturn: Who can resist a fish with a shiny ball hanging above his head.. Another Slow experiencer, Chinchou can be found underwater, the same place where i bothered to find all those Clamperl.. Again, late-game availability makes it hard to build an effective team, but Lanturn is a beast, right up there with Milotic or Swampert..
    [/HIDE]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Scramble Challenge (Ruby):[/COLOR]

Team Comments + Pre-E4 Stuff
    [B]Game summary and team summary[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Because i played Emerald before playing Ruby (for the challenges), Ruby paled in comparison.. No moving sprites, only one villainous team to defeat, the final part of the legendary storyline wasn't much fateful, mainly get into a cave, donk the leader, awake Groudon, then get into another cave and nearly get raped by Earthquake and Fire Blast.. Saved by Solrock though! Guess Drought came as shot to the foot, not being able to take two goddamn Solarbeams from the sun! Anyway, onwards to the team summary:

It was something like this:

Swampert>Breloom>Banette>Swellow/Solrock>>>Magcargo

[B]Swampert:[/B] The best starter in Hoenn, if not in all regions.. Mud Shot would carry its way until i got Earthquake, either at lvl. 52 or at Seafloor Cavern, near the 8th Badge.. Only one weakness is very easy to play with, and overall bulk makes this beast able to take two hits from mainly everything.. Always a top..

[B]Swellow:[/B] I was lucky to find an Adamant Taillow (jk i caught a bunch until i found the one i liked) and the early moves it gets make it a reliable choice as your Flying-type.. Dodrio will always be the ultimate Normal/Flying, but you can only get the three-headed ostrich after the 6th badge, so f*** that.. When i got Return, the good times i passed with Swellow made it the best STAB i got in my entire team, and its speed is just unmatchable..

[B]Breloom: [/B]At first i got mad that Breloom was chosen for me, with the poor early movepool, being unable to get Spore, and Flunctuating experience group.. When it gets Mach Punch, you start getting a little taste of the monster behind the mushroom hat.. A 40 BP move is more than enough when you have a 130 Base Attack stat, specially with the swarm of Normal and Dark-types and Headbutt for a little coverage, i guess.. A lvl. 1 Shuppet could defeat Breloom, since i lack the ability to hit one effectively.. When it gets Sky Uppercut, your jimmies are no longer rustled, and nothing can resist two moves from this beast.. I would later get Dynamicpunch, just for even more power, and it would actually play a little part in the late-game..

[B]Magcargo: [/B]Every team has that guy who always falls behind, hardly able to hold its ground against the big fish.. In a region dominated by Water-types, Slugma is very hard to level up, since it always dies.. It only evolves at lvl. 38, though you do get Flamethrower at lvl. 36.. Until then, its a pain in the ass.. Only at Magcargo stage it can tank hits, and that Ground, Water and Fight weakness make it even harder to play with.. Still live you Hotsnot <3

[B]Solrock: [/B]Here's a fella who is easy to train! Rock Throw and Confusion, and nothing else, to rock the shit out of Hoenn.. Being in the Fast experience group has the advantage of making level-up so easy you won't even notice it! The two later moves i would get weren't really necessary.. First off, Cosmic Power could be a good idea IF i had Rest or expensive healing times, and Psywave was meh. At lvl. 37 it got Rock Slide, and you could just call the day off.. Solarbeam later on saved me against Groudon, and Explosion ended up playing a relevant part later on... Psychic didn't even play a great part, mostly from getting it very late in the game (i forgot you could get it at Mauville Game Corner)..

[B]Banette: [/B]Another Fast experiencer! Shuppet was so easy to train, i had to slow down with it because Shadow Ball + Thunderbolt was racking up even Camerupt and the other guys.. Its defense abilities are lackluster though, but its ultimate downfall is the Speed.. It isn't as slow as Magcargo, but it leaves the ghost a little behind from outspeed key pokemon... Besides, Shadow Ball doesn't hit much stuff for super effective, and i started noticing that at the Elite Four, with Phoebe being the obvious exception.. Great pokemon..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Gym Leader progress (screenshots)[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Roxanne:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rw4n5n0.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GTPjTPF.png[/IMG]

Brawly:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PpJhxNc.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EwLuT12.png[/IMG]

Wattson:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0VJf4m4.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MHIBRto.png[/IMG]

Flannery:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/faFzc6T.png[/IMG]I don't have an image of the party

Norman:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N5CMjLF.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mKrYSdc.png[/IMG]

Winona:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Hb98K3u.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ujrkfo9.png[/IMG]

Tate & Liza:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RPVTtx9.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ryAGPoD.png[/IMG]

Wallace:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MF6srGo.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1wsyBGh.png[/IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]E4 Adventure (No Items restriction):[/B]

[SPOILER]
    [B]Introduction
    [/B][SPOILER]
    So my E4 preparation rule still had to apply, so i had to get into a lot of training.. This is my team, before facing the Elite Four:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dseWN3D.png[/IMG]
    Yeah, i would need to get into a lot of training beforehand, and unlike Emerald, the number of Rare Candies was more limited, with me only having 4 before facing the 1337.. I decided to spend them on Breloom, since he was the hardest one to level up, and head down to the Trick Master, who i hadn't pay a visit since the first trick challenge.. 15 hours later, and a few Elite Four tryouts later, i had my team at the wanted level, plus one more for good luck!
    [/HIDE]

[B]Sidney[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    A team full of Dark types and two Grass beasts, and yet, not a lot of Breloom action was seen.. The key to donk and not lose a teammate against Elite Four's wimpiest was that Absol did not have Rock Slide, unlike in Emerald.. Swellow mainly carried the team, being able to play around Mightyena's annoying Intimidate which was the only thing stopping me from just 5-0ing his entire team with Return..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Phoebe
    [/B][SPOILER]
    Even before Banette reaching level 50, it would still be able to pack a punch on Phoebe, OHKOing everything bar the toughest Dusclops and Sableye, which had the annoying Attract move, which gave me more problems than it should.. Aside from that, four Shadow Balls was all it took to kill the rest of the team, though i had to be more careful from then on with Shadow Ball spam, since Pressure had taken a toll on me...
    [/HIDE]

[B]Glacia
    [/B][SPOILER]
    I knew beforehand that Glacia's Glalie were very fast, fast enough to outspeed everyone of my pokemon bar Swellow.. But apparently, the level gap was a tad too strong.. The first Glalie fell to a slow, but painful Flamethrower.. Magcargo was doing its part at donking some of the leads, but the seals were up next.. Two Sky Uppercuts later, Glacia stopped helding back and sent in the big boss.. I was very surprised that Breloom outsped, and actually managed to dispatch it so easily, considering Walrein's immense bulk.. Solrock outsped Glalie, and that was the biggest, and last surprise of this match..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Drake[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    No Ice-type pokemon, check.. No Dragon-type pokemon, check.. Only one pokemon carrying Ice Beam, check.. This should promise! Shelgon hardly took two Sky Uppercuts, though i neither expected to resist two, nor go down in one.. Though the exp. yield wasn't much, it represented a changing pace on Breloom: i could now get DynamicPunch, which i completely underrated because Breloom actually tried to learn Mind Reader a bit earlier, an amazing combo right? The Flygon duo was hard to pass through, as one of them had Fly and annoying Sandstorm (what is the point) and the other had Flamethrower.. Flygon isn't known for his bulk, and i proved it.. I should have probably played better with Solrock, but i though this challenge was in need of some drama, so i took the decision and used Explosion.. Farewell, DST..

And it's not like i would get past Steven with all my teammates alive lol, because i really wanted to pull a League Challenge without any items.. Anyway, Altaria didn't paralyze with Dragonbreath, which was cool, and Salamence's Dragon Claw wasn't enough to get past Captain Whiskers..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Steven[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    For an AI trainer, Steven is much harder to play around, or through, than many human players...
    - I had a little treat for Skarmory, and found out that if Banette fights at full health, Skarmory will try to Toxic it, instead of hitting with an offensive move, cool story.. Two Thunderbolts gg
    - Cradily proved to be a challenge... I was unsure if Sky Uppercut would OHKO, but i was sure that it couldn't take a DynamicPunch.. Problem: DynamicPunch has 50% accuracy, so it hit.. the second time.. after seeing Breloom get donked and poisoned by a surprise Sludge Bomb, out of no-fu**ing-where..
    - I then did the wisest thing that could be done, and sent out Swampert on an imminent Armaldo.. I came up to thank Salamence for doing so much with Dragon Claw, so that Torrent could be activated and OHKO the claw fossil..
    - Now was time for a dumber approach: not keeping Swampert on the field.. I though that Aggron, as the fast pokemon it is, could outspeed Swampert herp derp, and risked a lot using Sky Uppercut on Breloom, which could only kill because Breloom is a shroomed beast..
    - For once, the pokemon which could cause more problems was the main one: Metagross.. I thought it would just rape my team with its epic coverage and legendary stats, but it sealed its fate with one bad choice, but for now, how did i dealt with the Meta.. The most damage i could deal was with Endeavor, as Swellow was still alive with little less than half health.. It dealt way over half, and Metagross used Psychic on the bird to finish it.. Farewell Spitter...
    - It dealt damage enough to trigger Sitrus healing.. It was impossible for any of my pokemon to outspeed and revenge kill Gross, but i could still do it.. Duude was next, and priority was the other part of the strategy.. Mach Punch was used, Metagross was still left with yellow health (fortunately) and killed the shrooms guy with Meteor Mash, for some reason, even raising its Attack.. Farewell Duude..
    - Swampert was next, and goddammit i had lost enough of my comrades! I saw a glimpse of death, but then, the dumb move on Steven.. Metagross could probably kill with Earthquake, since it had a boost.. Psychic probably could, but it needed humiliation.. Metagross went for the Hyper Beam, and blasted Captain Whiskers away.. Farewell Captain..
    - Recharge this, bitch! Magcargo went for the revenge killing, this time no drawbacks.. Flamethrower was enough to kill it, and Claydol was the last one left.. Now, Claydol is actually a fast pokemon, though most people obviously use it as a Wall.. But Magcargo is slow, really slow, and it was already weak.. So it got down with Earthquake, the ground opened and it made its tomb in the depths of earth.. Farewell Hotsnot..
    - One on one: Banette VS Claydol.. Shadow Ball does an immense lot, enough to trigger Full recovery, and Earthquake goes as (not) far as failing to 2HKO Banette, the less defensive pokemon i had.. Return after, Shadow Ball for the finisher, and the challenge was completed.. One guy left, which made it even more epic.. GGgg
    [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uERSIH0.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2ovrB4a.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Monocolour challenge (Ruby)[/B][/COLOR]:

[B]Team Comments + Pre-E4 Stuff:
    [/B][SPOILER]
    [B]Game Summary and Team Summary[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    This challenge started with great expectations, but faced a mig-game crisis: the team wasn't looking good.. Both Wingull and Nincada were weak, fighting at 110% just to keep up and defeat the Gym Leaders; they were starting to get underleveled, paling in comparison to my former teams at the same point.. Wattson was the biggest pain, impossible to defeat without resorting to a Revive on Pelipper.. Sandshrew came naturally, just a bit earlier from receiving the TM for Dig, so it went very nicely.. The rest of the was caught through much sweat and pain, since Safari Zone is a hellhole familiar to every player.. With 6 pokemon caught, it was a breeze until the E4.. Now, for the team summary..

It was something like this:

Sandslash/Ninetales>Pelipper/Pikachu>>Ninjask>Girafarig

[B]Pelipper: [/B]As soon as i got some balls, i could catch a nifty Wingull and start grinding until i got Water Gun, the only way to beat Roxanne.. Now, Pelipper has always been a bulky fucker, i used it on another team and it always delivers, tanking everything bar electric moves... Its STABs are lackluster though, the ability to take hits is couples with the ability to not destroy the opposition.. Surf brought a nice change of things, and later a special TM solved the problem.. The ability to Fly and Surf puts it second to none in utility, and that will always be Trashman's biggest asset..

[B]Ninjask: [/B]Don't be fooled by the Erratic experience group.. At the early levels, this thing takes a lot to pay its worth, with nothing but Scratch, Leech Life and Fury Swipes to fix an arrangement of overall bad stats, bar Defense.. When it evolves, you get the ability to outspeed every pokemon, regardless of level, and an Attack that can only turn useful with a positive nature and access to Swords Dance at lvl. 25.. But it still wouldn't be enough to reach sweeper level.. Just the fact that Slash and Aerial Ace didn't have much coverage and power, and the frailty that follows the Bug/Flying group makes it an ok pokemon, unable to stand out..

[B]Sandslash: [/B]With a strong nickname comes great responsibility.. Able to cover my weaknesses to Rock and Electric, Sandjob started as a little Sandshrew, caught from the ashes near Fallarbor Town.. Dig was its major asset until i got Earthquake, which took a lot of time obviously.. Rock Tomb, and later Slash, would fix the coverage issues, despite the lack of power, but Dig was just gold.. Though it has great Attack, its defensive abilities aren't shallow, or at least its Defense.. Its speed also allows it to go first on situations you wouldn't expect the Ground-type wall to win..

[B]Girafarig: [/B]If the game would let me choose a bigger name, i would choose Girafagiggity, but a Hide&Seek reference is also nice.. The looks and the overall suckiness in competitive gaming don't stop the giraffe from having appealing versatility.. It has Confusion and Stomp right from the start, so Strenght was welcomed for utility and extra muscle.. Until i taught it Psychic, it could carry its weight pretty fine, specially since i gave it the TM Wattson gave me: Thunderbolt.. So, stomping the competition, having a oomph to its bulk and decent speed, Crunch made it the only Psychic-type pokemon with an absolute advantage against Ghost-types.. However, it struggles on the big leagues.. Fully evolved pokemon must hit hard and tank hard, and pokemon like Ninetales and Shiftry were just better virtually.. I came to realize that at the Victory Road :/

[B]Pikachu: [/B]And some originality for a change.. Y'all expected big bad Raichu, but Pikachu would come more useful than it, being able to net KO's where Raichu failed.. I caught it at lvl. 25, and it learned Thunderbolt at lvl. 26, so that's as good as it gets.. After a while, i found one with Light Ball, and that is the reason why i chose to not evolve it.. Thunder came later, replacing accuracy with the sweet OHKO ratio i came to adore in the little mouse.. Two cons, however.. The first one is coverage.. Negative nature on Attack made it rely solely on Electric attacks, making Slam and even Iron Tail worthless.. I was better off spamming Electric moves against Grass-types than using physical moves.. Ground-types = death.. The other con was its frailty: everything can OHKO Pikachu, everything..

[B]Ninetales:[/B] To not name it Kyuubi or Kitsune, i ended up naming it Lost&Damned, which i find suitable for some reason.. Vulpix had Flamethrower right off the bat, so i called it a day and gave it the Fire Stone, since there was no useful move left to learn.. Wat do now? Ninetales couldn't do much other than spam Flamethrower.. I gave it Return for PP saving and Sunny Day for shits and giggles.. The golden fox can take special hits perfectly, even more when it nullifies its special weakness to Water with Sunny Day.. Unfortunately, it can't learn Solarbeam, so it can't curbstomp through the water routes like Pikachu or Girafarig did..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Gym Leader progress (screenshots)[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Roxanne:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CnGeEAt.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YoKCLmh.png[/IMG]

Brawly:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QtldCWA.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8Tht1U5.png[/IMG]

Wattson:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0GKOVov.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d0XtHK1.png[/IMG]

Flannery:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L5t3f7Z.png[/IMG]The team was on its 30's..

Norman:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KKb6GNj.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CE20GRQ.png[/IMG]

Winona:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uBmkvWN.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IYLJbxX.png[/IMG]

Tate & Liza:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D3Smdrv.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R3OBX65.png[/IMG]

Wallace:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/poB4i7H.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4ICt77g.png[/IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]E4 Adventure (No Items Restriction)
    [/B][SPOILER]

[B]Introduction[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    All in all, the underleveled problem was solved in relation to the other teams, but my team was still undeerleveled when facing the E4.. The first time i fought Sidney, i barely won.. The method here, with no actual team restrictions since the team was complete and i didn't have any unevolved forms (like the Dragonair/Dragonite issue), was [B]to face the E4 time and time again, to grind up as much as possible until i whited out..[/B] No items were used, which made some tryouts kind of redundant.. More, when i saw a pokemon that reached a good level, i would focus on the weaker ones, which sometimes wouldn't get much exp. because they kept fainting..
    All in all, the team started to have more success, going as far as surpassing all expectations and reaching levels closer to Champion status..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Sidney[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Without any Fighting or Bug coverage, the strategy was to either exploit any weakness that double typing pokemon would have, or just overpower them.. Because of Mightyena, any physical move wouldn't be able to OHKO, leaving a error margin to either Sand-Attack or Swagger, very annoying moves.. So, Pikachu ended up delivering with a mighty Thunder.. Then, it was all about coverage.. Ninetales for Cacturne, Pikachu switching out on Sharpedo and Ninetales to finish off Shiftry.. The disaster beast, Absol, was victim from an high roll'd Earthquake, though it couldn't do much to Sandslash anyway.. Onwards to the ghost lass!
    [/HIDE]

[B]Phoebe[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Straightforward strategy for this one: setup Swords Dance, then sweep with Shadow Ball.. However, no one can ever say that defeating Phoebe is easy.. Dusclops fall to no neutral move, and even if Shadow Ball turned out to be a sure kill, it wasn't without its flaws.. The leading Dusclops is the ultimate c*ckblocker, able to use either Curse or Confuse Ray to put a timer on your sweep.. Now, Confuse Ray was the move of choice, and so confusion would deal a lot of self-damage after the Attack boost.. After tanking one hit and an Ice Beam, confusion was gone and i had a nearly dead, raging bug with a lust for ghosts.. The result was rape, and i moved on to the ice woman..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Glacia[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Coverage! Beautiful coverage everywhere! Pikachu isn't usually able to take out the two Sealeos, but i guess the level difference made it possible to leave the little mouse unscathed... Ninetales took down the Glalie bros, and the tank of excellence was left to face: Walrein! After wall, another high roll (i guess) was enough to take down the walrus, leaving me with 5 OHKO's.. It was time for the dragon master..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Drake[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    Dragons are virtually impossible to beat without ice-type moves.. I still had TM13 so it was a matter of seeing who could learn it.. And that's where Pelipper came to shine.. Girafarig was swift to take down Shelgon, who is known for its oopmh rather than its muscle.. Then came the big boys.. The first Flygon used Dragonbreath, which luckily didn't paralyze, and Ice Beam was lethal.. The second Flygon used Sandstorm, for some reason, so now the weather offered residual damage for both sides of the battle.. The next one was a tank, Altaria, which probably failed to live one Ice Beam due to the residual damage from sand.. Either way, Pelipper was looking good and there was only one left..

The big boss, Salamence! Now i really had to come up with a strategy to kill the dragon and staying on low casualties.. I chose to sent out Sandslash, as it could tank Salamence (it actually lost over half from Dragon Claw), and lower its speed through Rock Tomb.. And now it gets tricky.. I needed to send out Pelipper, so i could straight out slay the dragon without activating full recovery, so i had three choices:

1. sac Sandslash (not a real option, i needed it against Steven)
    2. just switch out Pelipper, hoping Dragon Claw wouldn't kill
    3. sac Ninjask, which couldn't do much against Steve and already had low health..

I chose the latter, so Pelipper could switch in and outspeed Salamence (thank god it did) for the win! Time to face the silver-haired boy, Steven..
    [/HIDE]

[B]Steven[/B]
    [SPOILER]
    And now was time for the champion! My team had very high levels, but i still couldn't compete with one of the higher leveled champions.. Skarmory, the well-known lead, was no match for Pikachu's Thunderbolt, as i expected, but Aggron was next.. I thought the switch was strange, since Claydol or Cradily would have been better options.. So i had to sent out Sanslash, for that sweet 4x effective 100 STAB Earthquake, which i never thought would kill.. I was wrong..
    [B]5-4[/B] for now.. But now Steven would send out the fossils.. Cradily was first, a mean wall, tough to 2HKO with any move, specially with the bad coverage i had on it.. I didn't know what to send in, so i started by sending out Ninetales, hoping to hit with WoW and cripple Cradily so AncientPower wouldn't hurt much.. First one was a miss, and the next one hit, leaving me with 8 HP, after tanking 1 and a half AncientPowers

I saved Ninetales for later, and proceeded to send out Girafarig, hoping i could kill the fossil.. Girafarig was the least useful pokemon against Steven, so i decided it would be best to at least raise its kill count by 1.. The next AncientPower didn't do much, as expected, while Psychic did considerable damage, and thats all i could expect from Charlie.. But then, a drop! Cradily was going down! Giga Drain was promptly used, letting Cradily hang on just above full recovery margin.. The next hit was flawless

[B]5-3[/B], and Claydol was up next! I decided Pelipper would be a nice switch, so i sent out Trashman.. Surf left it with low yellow, but AncientPower did pitiful damage, and while Pelipper had high yellow health, it was left with low yellow, the damn tank.. One Surf later, there came Armaldo... Expecting Surf not to kill, i sent out Girafarig to lower its health to the point of revenge killing, so Psychic did its job, but a gruesome Slash sent Charlie to death, now meeting Cicada in Arceus' realm.. Pelipper was merciless, so now was time for our favorite beast, Metagross!

[B]4-1[/B] And how were we going to take down the metal behemoth? I didn't worry much, knowing i could lower its health with one pokemon so the other could finish the job.. It was all a matter of plays.. I stayed with Pelipper, sacing it, but it actually managed to outspeed Metagross, despite the 4 level difference, and take about 40% of its health.. It would be too much to expect Pelipper to tank a Psychic, but it still did the job like a glorious champion..

[B]3-1 [/B]Ninetales was next, and i knew i could outspeed, just as long as i had a backup plan in case Flamethrower didnt kill, juuust in case... I was left satisfied.. Metagross fell! GGgg

[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  13. Treecko

Treecko I'm a joker,

I will do a sapphire scramble. This should probably be taken out of the scramble rules though:

Treecko: Blaziken / Tropius / Linoone / Shedinja / Lanturn / Claydol

Progress:

Just beat Roxanne.

[​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat Brawley. Nincada and Zigzagoon are painfully slow at leveling up...

[​IMG][/HIDE]

So I totally forgot to update for Wattson, but here's me after Flannery. Sableye is my hm slave.

[​IMG][/HIDE]

Defeated Norman:

[​IMG][/HIDE]

After Winona:

[​IMG][/HIDE]

Beat the twins:

[​IMG][/HIDE]

After all eight badges!
    [​IMG][/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]
  14. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    I planned on doing my standard Monotype/No Evolve since No Item is no longer a challenge I was going to see if it was possible to mix in MonoColour. To make things harder for myself I have decided not to redo any Monotypes or reuse any Pokemon I have previously done/used. Looking it over I didn't think it was going to be possible to do Monocolour as well so I decided to do MonoGround/No Evolve.

However after noticing I was only getting 2 points from the run I looked at other 2 point combinations and found a far easier solution:
    MonoGrass/MonoGreen. Totally doing Emerald too last Gym Leader/E4 Champion use Water Type!

Oh and just a hit to someone else looking for a two pointer MonoWater/MonoBlue looks extremely strong on Sapphire where you get Kyogre along with a multitude of good Water Types.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  15. RockyRd

RockyRd bap

scramble challenge on sapphire pls

RockyRd: Swampert / Gardevoir / Camerupt / Seviper / Altaria / Cradily (Sapphire only)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  16. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Piko!

I'll just post this here cause Okami was OK with it: P4030013.jpg

This makes me eligible for points on the previous one, right? (I didn't have any internet over the weekend, so I couldn't post it then. D: )

Also, I'ma sign up for a Scramble. I may do a random monocolour as well, but I dunno yet. :3
  17. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Benevolent User

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitzamirin / Blitz
    Regarding the Glalie situation, I told Okami about it. Oak doesn't have to wait until the end, because the problem is, once you set the clock in the beginning of the game, the tide in the Shoal Cave stays like that permanently. Tide times can be found here

(3:00 am to 8:00 am / 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm = Low Tide)

I will be doing all challenges as per usual. Will update with another post. I will be using this post for potential Scramble teams.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  18. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Piko!

Oh God, Rhydon'll be hell. xD

But otherwise it's pretty damn balanced, I've gotta admit! O.o

Just have to transfer that shiny Wingull off the old Emerald file now.

Spoovo The Pirate: Blaziken / Skarmory / Ninjask / Rhydon / Vileplume / Whiscash
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  19. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Staff

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    Scramble please. Maybe I won't forget about this thing this time.

RedJoker25: Sceptile / Linoone / Flygon / Muk / Sableye / Wailord

Progress or something [COMPLETE]:
    [hide]
    Pokemon get:[hide][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/hide]
    Badges get: [hide][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/hide]

Champions:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [/hide]
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  20. Blitzamirin

Blitzamirin Benevolent User

PO Trainer Name:
    Blitzamirin / Blitz
    This is the post in which I will put all my runs.

[Complete] Monotype Challenge: Ruby (Psychic)

Summary
    I don't know why I chose Psychic but whatever. I chose Torchic as an HM slave and filler for Poochyena until I got a non-Psychic move. Ralts was a champion and proved to be amazing up until the third gym. I caught a Solrock at Meteor Falls and grinded it, and Flannery had a rocky road ice cream. Caught Baltoy, who was shit until I gave it Ice Beam I got from the Game Corner, and trained until it evolved. Norman was then crushed. Winona was easy, yet again, due to Claydol. Now I got to Lilycove and I knew I had the game almost sealed. I caught a Natu in Safari Zone, trained it until evolution, caught a Meditite in Mt. Pyre and trained it until evolution (Gaby and Ty are amazing for Exp harvesting). Beat the Magma Hideout, destroyed the Twins, acquired the Super Rod, got the Staryu in Lilycove, and did the Abandoned Ship sidequest. Evolved it, taught it Ice Beam from the ship and Thunderbolt from the New Mauville side quest, and I was set for Wallace. Defeated him (though Milotic can go die in a fire...), then did the VR and went to the League. Sydney was meh, but Medicham ultimately came out on top. SCREW PHOEBE. I had to replay this battle a million times, until I managed to PP stall a Banette with Flash and set up Calm Minds with Gardevoir. Glalie was easy with Medicham, and Drake suffered thanks to Starmie and Claydol's Ice Beams (Starmie 2HKO'd everything, but Claydol was bulky enough to fish for a Revive AND attack with Ice Beam). Steven was the easiest boss in all the League, ironically enough. Metagross had to be PP stalled with Revives, but then the title was mine. I do not recommend this mono at all.[/HIDE]

Progress
    Roxanne
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Norman
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Winona
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Tate & Liza
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Steven / Hall Of Fame / Main Team
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]

[Complete] Monocolour Challenge: Sapphire (Brown)

Summary
    Chose MonoBrown for the run. Caught a Slakoth and a Nincada (for the Shedinja), went to Roxanne, Sand Attack + Potions (or Slack Off) spam won me the game (I overrode the pic, so I put the MonoPsychic one for completeness). I go to Dewford, catch Makuhita, go defeat Brawly. Change Shedinja's nickname in Slateport, and go to Mauville to utterly crush Wattson (in reality I used switches Shedinja causes), then head to Flannery. First I catch a Torkoal... then in the battle against Flannery, I start off with Vigoroth, who gets a Yawn off, then SD with Shedinja to +6 and win with Secret Power (Overheat miss from Flannery's Torkoal!). Head to Petalburg and destroy Norman with Protect Curse Torkoal. Slaking then comes in handy against Winona (since I acquired Ice Beam from the Abandoned Ship), and I beat her. Then get to Lilycove and catch Dodrio and Pinsir in the Safari Zone, grind, head to Tate and Liza, and win using Steel Wing and Seismic Toss. After that, I face Wallace and use all team members for him (and Hariyama KO's Milotic thanks to a crit). After getting lost in the VR, Sydney was destroyed by Bulk Up Pinsir, then Phoebe was a team effort. Glacia is swamped Hariyama and Slaking, while the latter takes care of Drake's dragons with Ice Beam. Steven is, again, a team effort, with Metagross being hard walled by Shedinja, and thus winning the game. MonoBrown was stupidly fun, so try it out (not like anyone reads this but still).[/HIDE]

Progress
    Roxanne
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Norman
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Winona
    [​IMG][/HIDE]

Tate & Liza
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GwWyhE9.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vS7uwM0.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

[SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6LZAC0W.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oyWZhL1.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RdqXttE.png[/IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR="red"][Complete][/COLOR] Unevolved Challenge: [COLOR="#008000"]Emerald[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=2][B]Summary[/B][/SIZE]
    [SPOILER]Started off with Torchic. Caught Shroomish near Petalburg and grinded it to beat Roxanne. Got a Taillow, saved the old man's Wingull, got to Dewford, and destroyed Brawly. I do some more stuff after Slateport, and train Torchic to beat Wattson. Afterwards, I get to Lavaridge, and Flannery required team effort in the end. Then I get a Trapinch, takes ages to grind it, then head to Petalburg to destroy my dad. Big mistake, so I headed back to Fallarbor and got Dig. Then I went back and won. Got Surf, and immediatedly got a Carvanha and a Magnemite. I train them both before I get to Fortree, where I beat Winona with these two members (Carvanha has Ice Beam from the Abandoned Ship; Magnemite has Tbolt from Wattson). After passing both Team Magma and Aqua hideout, this is where the game stopped being fun and just an annoyance. Surf, Surf, Surf, Surf, Surf, DIVE, Surf, and Surf. That summarizes the late-game. Anyways, I go to Mossdeep, where I lose to Tate & Liza multiple times. Head out the gym, buy 99 Revives, and enter the gym to destroy them. Do the Aqua submarine and Sky Pillar sidequests, then I head to Sootopolis, and face Juan. Magnemite comes out on top except Kingdra is, and always will be, a bitch. Pass the VR, head back to Trick Master's house to grind, then buy 99 Hyper Potions, 99 X Attack, 99 X Special, 99 X Speed, and 20 (crucial!) X Defense. Sidney is up, and he is really easy due to Torchic + Magnemite. Then, Phoebe dies to +6 Carvanha murdering her team with Crunch. I had to restart on Glacia once since Walrein outspeeds Magnemite(!), then I won with 1 X Speed and 1 X Special. Then... Drake. I spent 2 hours on this dick. Shelgon decides to just KO Carvanha with Double Edge, which means no X whatever spam! After many crucial set ups (premise generally was outstalling Shelgon's PP with Shroomish with +6 Defense and Hyper Potion spam, then head to Carvanha, where +2 Defense was needed to avoid a 3HKO from Struggle), which resulted in crits and thus ending any potential sweep, I just spammed +6 everything on Shroomish, KOed Shelgon, then Stun Spored Flygon. Ice Beamed with Carvanha for the kill, then Revive stall against Salamence (seriously, main problems were Flygon and Salamence since they have 4 attacking moves... making set up impossible), then KO with a combination of Rough Skin + Effect Spore poison. Kill Altaria with Magnemite, and defeat Kingdra with stalling Shroomish. Wallace was piss easy, but there wasn't really a sweep involved (no X items): Drain Wailord out of Blizzard PP for Shroomish to kill (then I learn Giga Drain!), Revive spam Milotic until I can kill with a combination of Tbolt + Leech Seed stalling, Tbolt Gyarados to hell, then kill Tentacruel with Magnemite + Shroomish, ded Whiscash to Giga Drain Shroomish, and finally Taillow with Aerial Ace destroys Double Team Ludicolo. This run was great until the late-game...[/HIDE]

[SIZE=2][B]Progress[/B][/SIZE]
    [SPOILER]
    Roxanne
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vxvRyyP.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V4lyioj.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YVy25i1.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WivzWuJ.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Norman
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SrXl9oE.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Winona
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UrRYeHv.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Tate & Liza
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OtWFSP1.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Juan
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jPZZZ9f.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace / Hall Of Fame / Main Team
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MsGjJYv.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Atwa7M6.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iEBUewJ.png[/IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR="red"][Complete][/COLOR] Scramble Challenge: [COLOR="#990000"]Ruby[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=2][B]Summary[/B][/SIZE]
    [SPOILER]So I got a terrible Scramble team, and this run wasn't all that bad. Got Treecko and beat Roxanne easily. Afterwards, I caught a Nincada and grinded until I got Ninjask, boxed Shedinja, and went to defeat Brawly. Afterwards, I head to Slateport, catch a Gulpin nearby, and started training until I got to Mauville, then I beat Wattson, headed back to Dewford Cave, and caught a Nosepass. Train it and reach Flannery, and then beat her. I then train a lot of my team members for the battle against Norman, and I beat his Slaking thanks to amazing AI. Then I get a Good Rod, and fish out a Barboach at Level 27; not that bad compared to the rest of the team. Trained in all Water routes in south-west Hoenn, grab Ice Beam, did the glitch Oak...did earlier, then set out to beat Winona. Afterwards, I got to Lilycove, buy X Speeds and Specials, head to the Safari Zone, and catch a Girafarig. I teach it Tbolt from Wattson, then I pass the hideout, get to Mossdeep, and beat Tate & Liza. I do the submarine sidequest, get to Sootopolis, and beat Wallace. Then I pick up Ninjask from the PC (he was 5 levels below everyone else; since I needed a Fly slave), pass Victory Road, and head to the League. I beat Sidney with Fury Cutter Ninjask; I beat Phoebe and Glacia with CM Girafarig, then I beat Drake with Whiscash's Ice Beam. Finally, Steven was the most annoying boss, since I had to PP stall his Level 58 Metagross, then make it KO itself from Struggle recoil (he was at like +3, so he OHKO'd everything with it). Not a bad run since it was challenging. [/HIDE]

[SIZE=2][B]Progress[/B][/SIZE]
    [SPOILER]
    Scramble Info
    [SPOILER][b]Your team will be:
    [color=red]Sceptile / Nosepass / Ninjask / Whiscash / Girafarig / Swalot[/color]
    Ruby or Sapphire.[/b][/HIDE]

Roxanne
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tj9rdcj.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZiaA32Z.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nGPKCqO.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PHg8dWt.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Norman
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V5T0rWX.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Winona
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2xomETr.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Tate & Liza
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1uxaQSA.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace
    [SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B21WOgD.png[/IMG][/HIDE]

[SPOILER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jNLGtPw.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0wFzowr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AKI2ZvP.png[/IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  21. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

Updated.

Spoovo - Looks good to me. Adding it to the main post.

Am I missing stuff?

Btw, Blitz, Cel, Fuji, could someone assign me a type (out of 13) and color (out of 8)?

MonoGray

MonoGround

~Mewthree
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  22. IronStorm

IronStorm This space for rent

PO Trainer Name:
    IronStorm
    Well, think I'll do a Monoflying run this time. Might do other challenges after, haven't decided yet.
  23. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Piko!

Capture.jpg

I got started. :D
  24. Unevolved Challenge (Pokemon Ruby):

[​IMG]

Roxanne:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    In case you're wondering, I got some real luck with Sand Attack and burns from Ember.
    [/HIDE]

Brawly:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Houdini is a great name for an Abra. Both are good at escaping from stuff and both are easily dispatched by a swift punch to the stomach.
    [/HIDE]

Wattson:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Flannery:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Norman:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    "Hey, you're not the first and you won't be the last."
    [/HIDE]

Winona:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Tate and/or Liza:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Wallace:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

[/HIDE]

[​IMG][/HIDE]
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  25. StreamioN

StreamioN New Member

Hi. I would like to sign up for all the 5 Challenges. Please give me the Team for Scrambled Challenge, Monocolour and Monotype :)

Your team will be:
    Blaziken / Linoone / Mawile / Crawdaunt / Tropius / Gardevoir
    Ruby only.
    ~Okami

Type: Poison

Color: Red
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  26. Celestial Phantom

Scramble Challenge: Complete

Roxanne:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Norman:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Winona:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Twins:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Final: GAHZILLA WIN! GAHZILLA WIN!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]

MonoColour-Yellow: Complete
    Roxanne:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Brawly:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wattson:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Flannery:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Norman:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Winona:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Twins:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Wallace:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

Champion:
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2n6swfr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2hgvc48.png[/IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE]
    [B]
    MonoDark: 8 Badges
    [/B][SPOILER]Roxanne: [SPOILER][ATTACH]1031.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1032.vB[/ATTACH][/HIDE]
    Brawly: [SPOILER][ATTACH]1033.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1034.vB[/ATTACH][/HIDE]
    Wattson: [SPOILER][ATTACH]1035.vB[/ATTACH][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/4fwfvq.jpg[/IMG][/HIDE]
    Flannery: [SPOILER][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/312cjl0.png[/IMG][/HIDE]
    Norman: [SPOILER][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/671737.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/309rin7.png[/IMG][/HIDE]
    Winona: [SPOILER][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/158x0z.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/4vfdj9.png[/IMG][/HIDE]
    Tate and Liza: [SPOILER][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2z581aw.png[/IMG][/HIDE]
    Wallace: [SPOILER][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2qi4dhg.png[/IMG][/HIDE][/HIDE][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  27. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

First to complete scramble run! \o/
    Tbh I thought treecko was gunna beat me.

[​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  28. Celestial Phantom

Slowkii: Brown will be your colour.

Also your run for the scramble does not count. The team I gave you includes having Seadra, not horsea. You must evolve it into a seadra and beat the e4 or the run does not count.
  29. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

ummm wat

I hardly think thats fair, and the league was hard enough, now I have to grind one pokemon up 2 levels and beat it again? Thats pretty BS-y if you ask me, as I've said I barely made it last time.

I guess I'll beat steven again (last save) and grind all my pokemon. Even if treeck wins legitimally or anyone else, in my eyes I was first :<
  30. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

@Slowkii -
    @StreamioN - Copy paste this into your post.
    Your team will be:
    Blaziken / Linoone / Mawile / Crawdaunt / Tropius / Gardevoir
    Ruby only.
    ~Okami

Type: Poison

Color: Red
  31. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

Yeah I realized.

Say I was doing monobrown.

If (Example, not true) Zigzagoon = Brown, but Linoone = Grey, does this mean I cannot evolve it?
  32. Celestial Phantom

That would be correct. You can't evolve it if the evolved form is a different color than the designated color you use. Now if the starting form is a different color than the one you need/want but the evolved form you want is part of that group you can catch the pre-evo so you can evolve it so it meets criteria. Basically in the end game they must meet the criteria to the rules.

Also, it's listed in the rules, gdi, read them first before asking obvious questions.
  33. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd No one listens to pnerd.

I'll take monotype and monocolor, although I probably won't finish either. You guys decide the type/color.
  34. Celestial Phantom

@Pnerd- your runs will be:

MonoGreen
    Monoflying
  35. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

[​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]

DONE.

EDIT: Fuck the Monopsy/Unevolved, doing Monobug without unevolved :c
  36. Celestial Phantom

Yeah honestly that's nice, and all, but can you from here on out, hide all pictures, put them all in one post, and use the screen capture on the VBA? You are going to be cluttering up the thread if you continue this. It's under file or w/e the first option is under the toolbar is, then you can upload to tinypic/imgur then use the insert image from here on out.
  37. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Piko!

Beating Norman with his own type eh Celephant? Nice touch.

Oh, and if VBA's Screen Capture thing is complicated, try the snipping tool. It's generally in the Windows list thingy.
  38. Roku

Roku  Too sexy for my shirt

Taking all challenges but speed, I'll figure out color and type when I get to them

Scramble in whatever, I'll take random color/type too
  39. OkamiBW

OkamiBW New Member

Blitz, I already assigned them both thingyboppers. :x (Roku's was via VM)
  40. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

I did, I was just doing that for the last 2.
Moderators: Fuzzysqurl