Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.4.1

[BW2 OU] The real best type for a monotype...

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Annoying Orange, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange Kawaiichu

The type i have not heard a lot from in monotype this gen is normal. So, I thought i would just make a quick one at 2:00 a.m.. I know there may be some mistakes, but i will correct them as i move along.
    Some pokemon could be replaced as you wish too..

The overview:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The ever so infamous lead...
    [​IMG]

Ambipom (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Ice Punch/Fire Punch
    - Double Hit
    - ThunderPunch

Ok, you may not here from it much now, but in gen 4, it was an ever-so-common lead in the UU metagame. Well, it also has its ups against ou pokes as well. A fake out flinches and does a lot of damage to most leads, and after a fake out, double hit should kill off Machamp. Fire punch kills off scizor if you want to switch out ice punch. Ice Punch is for any annoying dragon or flying type pokes in the way. The thing to worry is about which type the opponent has because of monotype. Double Hit does decent damage after a fake out on anyone.

THE AMERICAN BIRD POKEMON...
    [​IMG]

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Keen Eye
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Frustration

Before I go into detail, this thing counters mono fighting like a boss...Anywho..If you prefer swellow then use it. U-Turn is for checking. Frustration is the best normal stab i could find for it because giga impact took up another turn. Superpower is for the darks or the rocks..or for both *coughTTARcough* Brave bird kills 99 percent of the fighting types, enjoy it.

For keytrinity, i guess...the pro sweeper
    [​IMG]

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 100 HP / 248 SAtk / 160 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Tri Attack

It's really the best special normal poke i could find. Agility when you can, and this thing is just amazing! if download gets a special attack boost, you are good to go. If you prefer adapt, then you can change it. Tri attack takes out lots of things...too many to name actually. Ice beam if you are facing a dragon mono like deria's....or a flying. I tested it for a while and decided to add psychic instead of t-bolt. Way too many people use mono fighting because of keldeo...(including me)

This pokemon is underrated in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck-Summer) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    - Horn Leech
    - Jump Kick
    - Wild Charge
    - Frustration

LOL...anyways, as I said, this pokemon is underrated. I never thought a normal/grass pokemon would come out..but 5th gen brought a lot of weird things. Okay, so horn leech is a signature move of sawsbuck and it is a physical grass move that drains HP. This is good because of stab and life orb. Jump kick is for the roaming dark monotypers on PO. If there happens to be a flying poke in your way, wild charge will ohko or 2hko it from a sawsbuck. Frustration was powerful in gen 2 when a furret used it, so i tested it on sawsbuck and i instantly fell in love. GOSH THIS THING IS A BEAST!

NOOB TIEM!
    [​IMG]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic
    - Protect

OKAY, how could i not use this thing? Besides, it makes people rage. I put stealth rocks on it because my lead doesnt have it. The rest of the set is so orignal that i dont even need to explain..But I will do it..shortly. It's something I like to call: TOXITECT. Basically you get toxic up on your opponent then stall it out with softboiled and protect. WARNING: this set fails on poison/steel types so change it if you want!

Lax and certainly not least...
    [​IMG]

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Rest

Ok, I thought the team would not be complete without the traditional curselax. A curse can be set up right if you know what you're doing. If you're in a tight situation, you may have to body slam..or switch. Crunch is obviously for ghost/psychic pokes. Some people use ghost mono but a lot of people use mono psychic. Rest when you know you can survive by a little bit of hp.

MY THIRD MONO TEAM, PLEASE RATE AND ENJOY IT! Also, if you have any problems with it, tell me..and if you have suggestions

FOR THE COPYCATS!
    [secret]Ambipom (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Ice Punch
    - Double Hit
    - ThunderPunch

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Keen Eye
    - Brave Bird
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Frustration

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 100 HP / 248 SAtk / 160 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Tri Attack

Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck-Summer) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    - Horn Leech
    - Jump Kick
    - Wild Charge
    - Frustration

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Rest[/secret]
  2. HeroOfSinnoh

HeroOfSinnoh Banned

Wouldn't LO be better on Ambipom than Expert Belt?
  3. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange Kawaiichu

yeah it probably would, but i wasnt really thinking at the time.
  4. ASH_CHAMPION

ASH_CHAMPION A very useless person~

Pro team is pro. Might try it, though you have a Roobushin weakness when its under TR :O
  5. Vahnyu

Vahnyu New Member

Wanna hear something funny? Giving the grass element on Sawsbuck is more of a curse than it is a blessing. Sap Sipper Boosts it's attack when hit by Grass attacks, but since it's Grass typing nulls non-attacking moves, you get no other benefit when using him to block Spore or Leech Seed. Non Grass Sap Sippers, like Zebstrika, are actually better at nulling Grass moves in general.

Anyway, As for the team itself, that Blissey set is not good at all. Stealth rocks don't seem to benefit your team at all, and Substitute means you are completely ineffective against your opponent. Crunch is a poor coverage choice for Snorlax, as it gets walled by Steel types. Body Slam is ineffective against Ghost, Rock, and Steel, so you should strive for a move that bypasses those three. Earthquake seems the pro move for this job. Sure, you get walled from Skarmory, but frankly, unless you carry fire punch(in which case it's Heatran that does the walling), you get walled either way, and even then, fire punch may not pack quite the... um, nesessary punch to take Skarmory.
  6. A$AP KROKOROK

A$AP KROKOROK Yung Traplord

I actually think Stealth Rock is actually a good choice for this team. In Monotype, when you face things like Ice and Flying teams. Protect seems unnecessary. Seismic Toss or Ice Beam would be a lot more appropriate. Or you can just change Softboiled to Wish since you already have Protect. Also on Porygon-Z, Thunderbolt is a better option in place of Psychic, if your worried out Keldeo, and better coverage. Great team.
  7. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Finally, a Normal Mono. IMO it's the most versatile, though I consider Water the best.
    Maybe, just for fun, you could have Clefable somewhere. :p
    Cosmic Power+Softboiled+Charge Beam+Stored Power. I use it in UU, and although it often fails, it's funny when it works. There are several slots it could go over.
  8. Gerard

Gerard New Member

if you wanna troll try a stupid Flame Orb, Facade, Cosmic Power, Softboiled, Trick Clefable, it took me by surprise and killed half my team, stupid, but by the time i caught at it..., i feel bad about losing to that