Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sandstorm that never dies peaked at #1

Discussion in 'Teams' started by AustinXhensL, Feb 14, 2012.

Moderators: fitzy
  1. AustinXhensL

AustinXhensL Member

Ok i decided to make a sand team because i was tired of seeing them and wanted to try and get the ban, well, now i kinda like them.

STARTING THE TEAM

Well, i decided i wanted to make a sand team so of couse i started out with the weather starter
    [​IMG]

Then i wanted a strong set up sweeper To follow and with his handy dandy new dw ability who else
    [​IMG]

next i was looking for a strong special sweeper who could resist my imminent water weakness the choice became clear quickly who i wanted
    [​IMG]

now, i wanted another powerful bulky sweeper that resisted my grass weakness brough on by slash/hippo looking through the list i found the perfect fit
    [​IMG]

Now i start looking for something that can scare people and by scare people i mean literally intimidate them
    [​IMG]

then, i look through my team and see that i am extremely vulnerable to 1 pokemon, sableye, so what do i do? I fix it with another powerful sweeper
    [​IMG]

THE DETAILS

[​IMG]

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Roar
    - Earthquake

This thing does its job well, sets up rocks phazes out annoying set up pokes, and hits like a truck. The only non sweeper on this team, stealth rocks to damage incoming opponents, every little bit helps. Slack off for added bulk as this thing can sponge hits from the largest part of physical sweepers in the metagame, and earthquake for a reliable STAB move. I chose adamant nature over impish because this thing is already extremely bulky as it is so why not let it hit harder?

Suggestions: I personally think this thing is perfect the way it is, but if you were really in need of more bulk you could give it an impish nature, and you could get rid of roar for toxic, but i find that roar is needed more often then toxic is since this is hyper offense and not balanced/Stall.

[​IMG]

Sandslash (F) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge

The powerful late game sweeper. Earthquake+Stone edge gives great coverage and hits most of the tier very, very hard. X-scizzor for those pesky grass/psychic/dark types that think they can come in on me and stop my sweep. Expert Belt to make those supereffective hits more powerful, and to be able to feign the choice band before i have to set up. has great natural bulk and is able to take a few hits on the off chance that whatever its hitting doesn't wanna die, or if its setting up and they dont make the predicted switch. Sand Rush give this thing extremely good speed, and jolly is only to outspeed those other sand rush users(opponent slashes and drilbur) reaching 502 speed unboosted.

Suggestions: Rock Slide over Stone Edge for accuracy purposes only. I dont reccomend rock blast because you shouldnt be switching this in vs a sub anyway and it doesnt have a reliable damage output every turn. you could also run a LO or cb set the prior being the better because i find that cb doesnt really deal enough damage to kill most of the bulky pokes in the tier, LO allows the set up and whether its supereffective or not, its gonna be hitting hard, assuming you dont mind takign the recoil. Otherwise, i like this poke just the way he is, and he wont be changing on this team.

[​IMG]

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Now, Say hello to the special monster ont his team, I chose to give him defiant to feign the physical setwhenever he sees an intimidate user and its worked a couple times scaring those rk9s out so i could get a set up and proceed to sweep. Modest nature is obviously just for hitting power as agility is going to make him faster then all scarfers except for jolly flygon and he can be worked around with this team as i have plenty of support to take him out. Hydro pump for a very powerful STAB, ice beam for those pesky ground types that like to switch in and think they can hit me mainly gligar/adamantscarf flygon and it provides for excellent coverage to grass types who come in to wall the hydro pump. grass knot for hippowdon and all the bulky waters in the tier that like to come in thinking they will wall my sweep i gave him leftovers to give him some more bulk as he is already naturally bulky, that way if he tames a hit as he sets up, it wont be the end of him. he also covers all those annoying water type moves directed at my hippowdon/sandslash/krookodile.

Suggestions: The only thing i could see that could really make this poke better, and then its situational, would be to give him a life orb, and maybe exchange icebeam/grass knot with flash cannon. Could also give him torrent as defiant wont be helping him sweep, its more of a trick situational ability.

[​IMG]

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit

This thing is a monster, it hits HARD, by hard, i mean it deals as much damage as Chuck Liddell would deal to a 3 year old with polio, yes, that hard. 405 atk unboosted with great typing and a powerful signature STAB move. if you get lucky and get the attack boost from meteor mash, this thing has the potential to sweep 6-0 by itself, it rarely needs the rest of the team. i gave it lefties over life orb for the same reason i did empoleon, slightly more bulk. earthquake is a coverage move especially useful against opposing metagross, and pursuit is to catch those pesky alakazams who try to switch out. After an agility boost it outspeeds the largest part of the metagame and hammers them then sits back and laughs as your opponent cries. He also comes out and tanks all those pesky grass pokes and ice pokes tempting to do my team harm.

Suggestions: The only thing that realy could be done to him is to change out pursuit for zen headbutt for STAB, but i prefer to see the zams die, he doesnt need bullet punch because hes going to be extremely fast after an agility, and hes bulky enough to set it up.

[​IMG]

Stoutland (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    - Crunch
    - Frustration
    - Ice Fang
    - Wild Charge

Surprised? You should be, this is the definition of LOL, i accidentally gave him the wrong ability in teambuilder because i forgot to change it, you know what? It worked whodathunkit? Choice band because he doesnt hit very hard, at all, without it. crunch is for those ghost types and those psychics that like to be in the tier, ice fang as a coverage move, and wild charge for those pesky waters in case empoleon is down. 284 speed is a respectable number as he speed ties with chandelure/mamoswine and OHKOs each with crunch/frustration respectively. also, after an intimidate, opposing choice banded stoutlands are a 3hko even with sand recoil, while i 2hko them.

Suggestions:You could give him sand rush if you really want to, but i found that he works as is, so ill probably be leaving him like he is. Ice fang could become one of a number of moves, if by a number of moves from the plethora he has to choose from it becomes fire fang. could run bodyslam instead of frustration, but i find that since theres no recovery on this guy, body slams benefits dont outweight the faults. could also make it aerial ace if you find yourself having trouble with virizion/heracross.

[​IMG]

Krookodile (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Bulk Up
    - Crunch
    - Brick Break
    - Outrage

This is another set gimmicky poke thats most people run as a choice scarf, you know what, i need something on this team that sableye doesnt murder, Lum Berry stops the Will-o-Wisp while crunch OHKO's all sableyes except for the 252 hp physically bulky ones, and then sandstorm will finish them. Moxie for the attack boost after it kills because im running Hyper Offense not balance, i dont need 2 intimidaters.as soom as he comes in most people automatically scream SCARFED and switch to their chosen counter to take the would be super effective hit from him, then he proceeds to sweep after the free atk boost they gave me, i chose outrage over earthquake because i dont need 4 eq users on 1 team, and i have a weakness to kingdra if empoleon is down and flygon period. Come in on the unsuspecting steel type, he switches out expecting the earthquake, and bam outrage murders their flygon. and with a base 92 speed, he outspeeds any unboosted kingdras who come into play and nails them. Or at least, ive never vsed a scarf kingdra.

Suggestions: I really dont have any, if i make him a scarf then sableye kills the full team, so he needs to stay lum berry, i guess you could give him earthquake over outrage, but then you wouldnt have a dragonkiller on the team anywhere, brick break is for screens and normal/steel types but it is interchangeable as well, overall a good poke.

THE IMPORTABLE

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Roar
    - Earthquake

Sandslash (F) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Sand Rush
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Stoutland (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    - Crunch
    - Frustration
    - Ice Fang
    - Wild Charge

Metagross @ Leftovers
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit

Krookodile (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Bulk Up
    - Crunch
    - Brick Break
    - Outrage[/HIDE]

Feel Free To Steal
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett Parramatta 2014

A few suggestions;

LO>expert belt on sandslash. It is generally better when you don't have a SE move to use ebelt is useless, it can work though as slash has good coverage.

You could try petaya berry over lefties on empoleon, as after a sp attack boost it hits a LOT harder.

I can see why pursuit is on metagross, but you could try ice punch over it to hit things like scarf flygon, you could try this metagross set if you like.
    Metagross @ Life Orb/leftovers
    EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch[/HIDE]
    The EVS allow metagross to outspeed jolly scarf flygon at +2, which it cannot do now, life orb is so you have more power without adamant nature, you could still run lefties if you like, if you are feeling adventurous you could run liechi berry, but i wouldn't really recommend that as meteor mash can give attack boost anyway.

You should really run sand rush on stoutland haha, it does have some bulk, but you don't run defensive EVS to really warrant an intimidate set. I can see how it would work though.

You could try sub>brick break on krookodile, like you say you have 4 EQ users on your team so steel types shouldn't be too much of a problem, it will also block status moves and after a bulk up or 2, some attacks won't break your subs.

Just a few suggestions you can try, you don't have to try any if you don't want to, good luck with the team!
  3. AustinXhensL

AustinXhensL Member

yeah, stoutland has good natural bulk, but its not going to be tanking much, as i said, it was an accident that happened to work, ill give that metagross set a try as far as krookodile ill try that too. im also thinking of changing some evs around on stoutland, intimidate set might accidentally work.
  4. AustinXhensL

AustinXhensL Member

since posting this thread i have made it to #1 on the server
    [​IMG][/HIDE]
    I have also won a plethora of tournaments in the tournament channel with this team
    [​IMG][/HIDE]
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. Trainer_Red

Trainer_Red aka Novᴀ =)

Lum Berry on Sandslash.
    Adamant Stoutland.
    I also really don't see the need of your Metagross and Empoleon sets either.
    Other than that, good team :P
  6. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    ugh give pokemon their last 4 evs...

to fix your weakness to sableye just stick the lum berry on it and forget about krookodile otherwise LO>expert belt

curious what you plan to do against azumarill/hitmontop.

if you are going to use an adamant nature on hippow you should justify why pick something you cannot accomplish with impish and give it enough attack to accomplish it.

defiant is absolutely worthless on your empoleon give it torrent it also wants a life orb as does metagross.

stoutland really wants sand rush and an adamant nature.
  7. Stelle

Stelle New Member

I don't really have any critiques i just wanted to say ive been using this team all day now and im new to pokemon and its beaten ou teams, a half uber team and a lot more. just wanted to say ty for such an awesome team.
  8. YdniMas

YdniMas New Member

Isn't hippowdon banned in DW UU ? Or is it already send back to it?
  9. Hobbes2

Hobbes2 Aren't I dead or something

PO Trainer Name:
    Hobbes2
    Not only was this made before the ban, but it was unbanned yes
Moderators: fitzy